24 weeks
Doctors told me that my placenta isn't positioned properly , to come back in Thursday for another sono. Should I be worried??
Sorry you are having to go through this.  What are they saying?  They are bringing you back to check---  when they do, on Thursday, be sure to ask LOTS of questions.  I know about placenta previa (which I had) which is a low placenta but am not sure what issues they are saying you may have with your placenta.  I'd ask them  specifics of what position your placenta is in, what issues if any they foresee because of this and what can be done if it is an issue.  Come back and tell us what they say and how it goes!  Try not to worry hon.  hugs
I'll be putting together questions tonight an tomorrow for appt. The doc wasnt too discriptive on what was going on, Thanks for your input.I'll keep you posted.
Hey I am in week 26 and have had spotting since 18th week.In my anatomy scan I had anterior low lying placenta or placenta previa as it is called.I am mostly on bed rest since the last 3 months,but my doc has said it's nothing to worry.They have called me for another scan in 27th week.Sometimes it goes up by 28th week but mostly bed rest is preferred.and if it doesn't go up by the time of birth you might have to get a c sec.Thats what I have been told.
All the best for your scan and I hope ur fine
The doctor said I have a low lying placenta. They are going to do one more sono in four weeks (week 28) if its still overlapping my cervix they say we might have to plan for a cesarean for delivery.
Beth5683 is ur placenta completely over the cervix?
I have near the cervix.I have another scan in 2weeks.hoping for the best for both of us
The sono showed it is completely overlapping my cervix. Hoping it shifts before my little girl comes. Good luck to you also.
Ah.  okay, now I understand.  A huge number of women have a low lying placenta.  I did as well.  For the vast majority of women, it naturally lifts up.  Mine did.  They do not worry about this unless you are far into your third trimester as again, the percentage of women that have a low lying placenta earlier in pregnancy and then it moves position to higher is MOST of them.  I delivered my baby naturally.  So, try not to worry.  How far along are you?
I'm 24 weeks .
Beth5683 specialmom is right.it may come up by 28weeks that's why both of us have an extra us to go through.just b careful though.i have been suggested complete bed rest.
They will be monitoring it to see if it moves up as your uterus grows if it is over the cervix at all they will schedule a cesarean. Do not worry a c-section can be intimidating but modern doctor's are very careful that both you and baby will be healthy. Planned c-section are a little easier because you aren't in labor for hours before, you know what is going to happen and you can be prepared ahead of time for your recovery. I hope that you placenta moves out of the way, but try to to worry too much if it doesn't. You and baby will be just fine.