Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
26 weeks glucose test

A community of expecting mothers (25 to 34 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

26 weeks glucose test

Well I am 26 weeks and I had the glucose test today , and I threw it back up . I can not keep it down , it's too sweet and I really don't eat sweets at all . So what can my next step be about this situation !!!???
All I was told if you throw it up, you have to take it again.  I kept it down,  so I'm not sure what would happen next for you. Your dr should talk to you about what to do next. I assume you just have to drink it again and hope that you can keep it down. Your dr should have more info on it though ... maybe they can make some accommodations or something
I had that problem with my first.  I told my new dr about it and she said this time I could eat a premeasured amount of jelly beans and test sugar after that.  I've never hears of this method before but I'm stoked.  Jelly beans I can do!!
Yea there has 2 be another way to check.
I kept the one hour one down. It was 50 mg. Failed test by 2 pts.  Took 3 hr one this morning and threw it up 40 min after drinking it. That was 100 mg. I have to retake tomorrow. You get 5 minutes to drink it. I'm taking entire 5 minutes tomorrow lol. Good luck to you, hope you can keep it down next time. I'm sure hoping I can
I can get it down either, I talked to my.dr, im waiting to see.what i can do.
Try eating a healthy meal before the test , unless your doctor has told you otherwise.  I had this problem with my first three babies. I ate with this one and it went fine.
Ok had the same issue. Failed my one hr. Threw up my first attempt at the 3hr. Then the second time I would go to the restroom and splash my face with. Cold water and take a sip of water then walk for about 2 minutes just to get my body to work a little. This really seemed to help me.
Remember to not eat at least 8 he Pryor to testing
Im taking mine today at 27+4 and I was told if you throw it up you have to come back and do the test over another day.  A good trick I use is to have a cold bottle of ice water on hand to sip on after you drink the stuff. Ive had to do blood glucose twice now. (History of family diabetes) and the ice water, while doesnt completely take the nausea away, seems to take the edge off and help me keep the stuff down.
Avatar n tn
My doctor told me I could eat breakfast as normal for the one hour test.
Hollus So excited!! In less than 4... Comment
1 hr ago
Hollus, and renae176 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, and Hollus commented on hansen20's status
1 hr ago
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy