Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
40 weeks 3days

A community of expecting mothers (25 to 34 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

40 weeks 3days

40 weeks 3 days still no baby is medically induce more painful then naturally going into labour ? U was due friday 25 but getting induced medicaly on the 6 feb..Has any of you ladies been told that your baby is small I mesureing at 36 weeks and I'm 40 weeks 3 days ? first time iv been told my baby is small but have to have a scan waiting for a call tomorrow but baby is happy kicking away happy as always..thank you for your answers
Your uterus may be measuring small because you're over due. Fluid begins to decrease the further you go past your due date. That's why they won't let you go more than 2 weeks past due. And yes induction is more painful than going naturally but it's because the contractions are forced & usually more effective than if you went on your own. With my first 2 I went naturally & had contractions for 4-5 days 5-10 minutes apart before "active" labor. With my 3rd I was induced & was having mild contractions for 2 hours before. Once they started the pitocin I delivered within 8 1/2 hours. I think of it like a car. If you slowly inrease your speed it's easier on your car but it will take you longer to get where you're going, but if you cram on the gas it's harder on your car but you get there faster.
Yeh that makes sence and explained so much better then the midwife did thank you love
I think it is more painful, but to be honest not much difference. I was overdue with both of my kids and was induced with one of them. They also said he was small. He was 3.1kg i don't think it is small but doctor said it is. He is 10 years old now and very healthy boy.
Good luck. Hope you start on your own :) x
My daughter went 9 days past her due date and I was induced. I haven't had any other labor experiences yet, so I have no basis for comparison, but it wasn't the worst thing imaginable. I thought it would be a lot worse than it actually was.
I'm on baby number 6 and was induced every time but once, which was completely natural, if you have an epidural, there's not much difference, try the ptimrose oil though, it really helps to get things started naturally....goooodd luck through
Thank you so much ladies for your time really helped as iv been worried since about it but now it doesn't seem that bad.. I can't wait to have baby just wish he would hurry up though but not long now. Thank you for all your help ladies x  
I had 2 girls and was induced with the 3rd it wasnt really more painful the pain just got there faster.
Hollus commented on mandaszoo's status
Hollus commented on Des92's status
Hollus commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy