6 weeks preg., no embryo seen and worried
This is my first time on here. I found this website while looking for some information about my pregnancy, and I am very excited to know there is a place like this with people going through some of the same things.  I am 25 and pregnant with my first child. I went for my first ultrasound on May 23rd thinking I was 6 weeks by my LMP, (however my periods are not regular).  All they saw at this visit was the gestational sac and said that I was probably just 5 weeks or so.  Well, I went back on June 2nd for what should be my 6 week visit ( and I know I am at least 6 weeks going by the earliest point you can have a positive preg. test) and the gestational sac had grown and they saw a good yolk sac but were unable to see a fetal pole or hb yet.  This worried me bc everywhere I read it says that almost always at 6w. you should see the fetal pole.  Has anyone else definetely been 6 w. but unable to see the baby yet.  Should I be worried?.  I have also had some cramping similar to period cramping in my lower back with light spotting, sometimes reddish and sometimes brownish. Has anyone had this as well and yet everything be ok. I have to wait  a whole week to go for another us, and it is just so hard to wait and not know if any of this is normal. Please give my your honest opinion. I dont want false reassurance. Thank you very much, Beth
I went today for an ER U.S. They did a pelvic window ultrasound as well. They informed me that they could see the yolk sac which was a good sign, but yet it was still too early to see the fetus. I had a miscarriage 3/27/2012, and never had a menstrual cycle after the miscarriage before this pregnancy. Everyone said it was too soon. My hormone levels were back to normal, I was no longer pregnant on 03/15/2012, little did I know I was. I got pregnant 3/14/2012, I am now 6w1d. My Beta-HCG test came back with good results. My hormone levels are 21,200. They said this is good, the normal range for 6wks is 4,000-100,000 (wow what a range). At 5 weeks my levels were around 16,000, so the doctor says the increase is a good sign. I am still quite paranoid whereas I miscarried less than 2months ago. I had a couple light brown spots a couple weeks ago, it went away after 2-3days. I was told it was more than likely implantation of the fetus in to the uterus, and as long as it went away not to worry. I am glad I have not had anymore. I hope everything goes well for everyone!
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant. And all they really see right now is the sac. No egg sac. No baby yet too. Maybe its too early too. Bev.
*UPDATE*
I had my levels checked again and they are 44,232 which means they have more than doubled in three days time! Hang in there ladies, drink plenty of water, and take the vitamins they do help!
Today they got the heartbeat at 128bpm
Hi everyone it's so sad to read all your story's but at the same time gives me hope I just found out I'm pregnant a week ago went to doctor and she did a vaginal ultra sound she was there for a while then she finally said my pregnancy was abnormal didn't understand what she meant she said look this is where the sac would be but all I see ire images of something very confussed n. Scared I've had 2 miscarriages in the past n this one is very different I still feel pregnant not bleeding n not cramping my lmp I'm not sure of I know it was in march so I'm praying it's too early to see she checked my blood levels I go in tomorrow for anothershe said they should go up I have 3 boys already I'm really sad please let me know if this story is like yours and everything sent well pray for me thank you
I would say it is just too early, that is what happened with me. I got preg in March too. Try not to stress and take deep breaths... go for walks to keep your mind focused on other things that way you and the baby have a better chance of being healthy. I know it is hard, i AM A FRANTIC  worrrier lol! It will be ok!
I'm sadden to say I went in again today for another u/s the doctor wanted  to do a d and c but I opted for cytotec the pill that makes you abort it was the hardest thing I had to do I'm very sadden but thank god I have 3 healthy boys thanks everyone and hope for the best for you ladies hope the outcome is better for you
I am so sorry for your loss, are you going to try again? I got pregnant right after my miscarriage, its been scary. I got pregnant about a week and a half right after loosing one, I found out that it was cause we are so fertile afterwards. I am glad my baby has been healthy so far and I hope it continues to be healthy, but it has been really scary!
I have 6 large uterine fibroids. I went for my first ultrasound two weeks ago and the technician only saw fibroids. The doctor came in found a sac and saw something inside, at this time I was about 6-7 wks approximately. She scheduled me for another u/s two weeks later. Same technician says she doesn't see any changes, however a different physician was there and he never came in to verify anything he just said there's no change so this pregnancy is not a viable one. I'm a nurse and I know that the fibroids distort and block the view because of their size and their location. I've decided to get a second opinion. And has this happened to anyone else on more than one occasion or is this a one time thing in most cases?
hello! i'm new in the forum. my lmp was april 2, 2012, took a hpt twice in may 10 & 15 and both positive. went to ob in may 26, she said i was on my 7w but the sonologist said that based on the measurement of my gest sac, i was only 5w4d. is it normal having empty sac at this stage? pls help.
I need some help on this one. I found out about a week ago I was pregnant and they are saying about  weeks but I started bleeding and it wasnt light....could it be bc I am not that far along or miscarring? First pregnancy and I am scared to death now, I went to the hospital tonight and they couldnt see the baby but they said from the test they ran that I was pregnant. I go back Sunday, ladies please help me out on this one bc I dont know what to think
Try not to panic.   I was 39 when I got pregnant with my son and started bleeding at six weeks.   The doctors put me through HELL with ultrasounds and proding and poking.... I felt like a science project.   But in the end I gave birth to a healthy baby boy weighing 7 pounds 11 ounces.   That was 14 years ago.   Don't let anyone get you upset until you know ALL the facts.  Bleeding is scary but not uncommon.   There are lots of things going on in there so just be patient and calm and it will all be as it is supposed to be.   We cannot stop miscarriages from happening and when they do it is for a good reason.   All I can say is with my experience the doctors had me crazy and everything turned out okay for me.  Have faith, pray and have peace in whatever is to be.  Hope this helps......
God works n wonderful and mysterious ways so whatever your case n mine.... its not too much to bear. My Dr puts me @ 5 1/2-6 wks n thinks since we hadn't learned anything or seen other than early pregnancy she thinks blighted ovum. I've read plenty blogs n jus looked at many pictures. Had been detailed on my u/s from Thursday other than having early pregnancy I was shown my gestation Saccq n yolk saccq. She says everything is fine but my obgyn thinks other cause ive had two sonograms on the fourth n eighth of june n she hasnt sern any thing so this is freaky cause both u/s were good, but I get blood work results tomorrow.  May we all find our way thru this good or bad. Blessings n keep your Faith. Im barely worried #humannature
Hi there,
Today I had my first scan because I ate a pie with mould...I had to go to a gyno and he asked if i wanted a  transabdominal scan.Measured 5 weeks 6 days, but he saw only a gestational sac and no embryo nor hb! told me that maybe i have a blithed ovum( in this case need a d&c) and should repeat the scan in 2 weeks time. The waiting will really kill me emotionally because I want to be pregnant so such :( can it still be possible after 2 weeks to detect an embrio and heartbeat?
Hi, I see that these forums are old because of the dates.but I was still hoping my comment would ge replied to.

I went to the ER last Friday ( 06/15/12) & was told I was 6.3 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound abdominal & transvaginal. & there was only a gestation sac & a yolk sac seen.but no fetal pole. I was told that the baby may not survive. Because of the findings. But I have to follow up with my ob. To check and see if my hcg levels are rising are not.I don't have an OB yet! So I have to wait for a referral. I've been worring my self. Shouldn't atleast a fetal pole be detected on a transvaginal ultrasoung at 6.3weeks??
I had a transvaginal u/s last week have another on thursday they cud see a gestation sac measuring just under 6wks and a yolk sac I really hope everything is okay x
im 23 & this is my 4th pregnancy. I have two healtthy children. I had a misscarriage two months ago. I too have irregular periods and ovulation. I went in for my first scan amd they said I was five weeks witj only a ges sac present. The tech reasurred me thats common and they typically dont see the yolk or fetal pole til six weeks or more. I had ligjt spotting a few days went back for my us a week later and still nothing was present. I conyinued spotting and misscarried that night:( I had a blighted ovum. As I was waiting for my period after the miscarriage ii learned that I am expecting! Im 6 weeks two days today and have an ultrasound tomorrpw. im praying for the best!.Baby dust to all you ladies!
I am also very confused!!  I began to bleed very heavily on 12/6/12 passing some small clots and then a very big clot.  Went to the Dr who said it was possibly a dysfunctional uterine bleed which can happen sometimes.  He took bloods to check that I wasn't pregnant and in the evening phoned me to tell me the bloods came back with an hcg of 5000, but it was likely that I had miscarried.( I had no idea that I could possibly be expecting!)  Went back on 15/6 and had more bloods and my hcg and gone up to 11705.  He booked an appointment for me at the EPU for 26/6 and took more bloods on 18/6 which came back as 14391- he then told me that I had a viable pregnancy of the womb due to the rising levels! I had more blood taken on 22/6 and hcg was 20504.  I attended my appointment at the EPU and had a transvaginal scan- the specialist told me that there was a gestational sac and an embryo present CRL measurement 5.5mm.  But she could not detect a fetal hearbeat.  She said that the viability of the pregnancy is uncertain and I have to return in 8 days for another scan.  She said because my bloods were not increasing as she would expect and my progesterone level is also low at 11.00 that I should prepare myself for the pregnancy not being viable.  She also said I was approx 6-7 weeks( although I am unsure of my last period).  She said she had a good view when she scanned me and her feelings were that the pregancny isn't viable as she should have seen a flutter in accordance with my dates, but that she "was sitting on fence with this one" til my next scan. I have had very little symptoms- the bleeding has stopped now.  I HATE this waiting and feel completely alone.  Can anyone relate to my story, I don't know how to feel :-(
Amen I'm 6 1/2 weeks prego and all they saw was a bag with no baby no heartbeat no nothing and I started spotting light pink and now 3 days later it's dark brown blood with a few pieces and very small pieces of jelly like I guess clots no pain no nothing and now I feel better as I read your post I'm 38 yrs old
I'm going to get an ultrasound on Tuesday July 17 2012 to see wats going on and if my hormone levels rise or decrese they are at 9264 right now I trust and believe everything will turn out good for us prayers please thank you!!
Thank you for putting the remainder of your story on here! All the posts are information but we never get the end result- whether the pregnancy was viable. This has comforted me a bit and I will keep praying and staying positive.
Thanks.
Thank God i am not the only one going through this because every woman i mentioned this to never heard of having an empty fetal sac.  I was beginning to wonder if i was a freek.  It is a stressful enough situation without being on your own. I have another scan on Wed which should be week 7 please God it will be good news for us as my husband and i would dearly love a child.  Good luck to all those couples going through the same situation, you are not alone.
yes i had my first at 41, my second at 43, and am now expecting again,all conceived naturally no ivf or anything
Am 25years old.itested positive both blood and urine tests.by my calculation am 5weeks but went for ultrasound and nothing was seen.not even the sac, instead a large mass of fibroid in the uterus.m really worried.was asked to come back for another scan in two weeks.what could be happening? Does anyone have a similar experience
I did invitro sept 11  at 6wks i went for my ultrasound...my hcg levels were low they saw two sacks nothing else.....i go back monday...hoping to see my  babies
Im in the same boat,went for ultrasound today due to spotting of brownish discharge but NO pain.mw thought i was 8weeks by last period but he said sac was only measuring 5 weeks but no embryo :( i have another scan in 2weeks... Im worried sick but really wishing i didnt have scan now!!
Iv already got a 2yr old boy and never had anything like this but saw a heartbeat and baby at 8weeks 3days.trying to stay positive
Can you update me on what happened to you? I'm in the same situation and have my follow up scan in 5 days. Just curious and trying to stay positive.
  Just thought I would put my two cents in here having just gone through this. Desperately two days ago I was searching for stories similar to mine and really just found more questions without answers. Lots of people had post there concerns and not updated. I was hoping they came back with happy news.
  Mine was happy news. So I thought I would post so others who are looking for some comfort will find comfort in this....I went in two days ago for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days. The NP did a trans-vaginal ultrasound and couldn't find a baby, just an empty sac. I was panicked to say the least. She checked my hormone levels and they were at 36,000 so she said we definitely should have seen a baby so she immediately sent me to an imaging clinic.
   Long story short...heartbeat 143!! This was the very next day. Me and my husband (who is a doctor by the way) can not for the life of us figure out why professionals do ultrasounds this early on so many women. I can understand in a lot of cases why you would need to, but for a lot of us, it just sends us through unnecessary stress, which our body and baby don't need.
   Trust me when I say ladies, go back in a week or two. It IS normal not to see anything this early, especially with the ultrasounds they use at lower specialty clinics. Don't stress yourselves out like I did. Relax and think positive thoughts. I wish I would have read my own post two days ago...would have saved me a world of heartache and panic..

I am 8weeks & 5days pregnant & went to The e.r. With bleeding & clotting,thy did an internal & external ultrasound & found no fetal pole or,heartbeat only a sack.thy said The bleeding is My body trying to pass it on like a miscarriage & thy want 2 schedule me a d&c this friday
Hi I am also in the same boat I am 6 weeks and 2 days and went for my first ultra sound and all they seen was a ges sac and yolk sac but no fetus pole they told me that I should be miscarring soon but I haven't bleed or had any cramping and my cervix is closed tight my hcg levels are 13,000 and last week was 3,900 so that is a big jump from last week and this week so I don't know what's going on can somebody give me some good advice please....
Wow... great to hear someone who's story is similiar to mine. I obviously tested positive the DAY I got pregnant too. according to my last period, I should be 10 wks today but the measurements said 6 wks 4 dys. the first visit was an empty sac. Yesterday there was signifigant improvement & there was a pregnancy inside it, but couldnt register heartbeat yet. Id been wondering if anyone had ever been as far off as me too. Thanks!! How did Urs go??
Based in my LMP, I thought I was 6-7 weeks.  I went to the bathroom and had bright red blood when I willed which scared me.  I went to a GYN since my OB was closed on Fridays and she did a vaginal ultrasound and found an empty gestational sac.  She told me that I was either only about 2 weeks along or that I would have a miscarriage.  After the ultrasound I had some light brown spotting and have continued to have it in very small amounts each time I wipe.  I'm continuing my prenatal vitamins, using 25mg Progesterone suppositories once daily and praying hard.  
I literally found out i was pregnat like four or five days ago. i was going to find a ob and start prenatlesand what not. however the day after i had a clinic visit to prove i was pregnant, i cramped some for about teo minutes ant then it stopped, i checked and i was bleeding, it was a pink at first, then it was a dark brownish red, i went straight to the er and they told me it was what they call a threatened abortion and my hormone levels were low for being pregnant. however i wouldnt be far along at all, i had my last day of my lmp wich was march 5th 2013. i should havestarted my period aroundthe 28th of march. but it never came. i took three home tests all positiv the clinic one was positive. Anyhow back to the er. they said i had to.come in two days to see if my hormones had doubled or anything the next day i was still bleeding not a lot at all but enough, soi went to a diff hospital, they did and ultra soundand didnt see amything in my uterus at all. an they said the same thing about the threatened abortion. but it could alsobe  i could have a tubal pregnancy or its just to early to see anything because i could kust have a couple cells in my uterus and they cant see them.yet.. i had my.blood taken again today wich is april 6th and i go in to review them on monday the 8th.and see the ob they referred me to, i get to see an ob instead of a er doc. maybe they will tell me some better news, fingers crossed!
HELLO GUYS i am 6weeks pregnant i had my tvs ultra sound yesterday but they didn't  found a fetus or sac or a heart beat,,,pls help me i want ur advice
I have been so scared because I thought I was at least 7 weeks LMP was 5/11  but I am irregular. And when I went for a regular check up 4 weeks ago (didnt even consider being pregnant) they ran some tests and did a pap smear and did a routine PG test. and it came negative. But a couple of days ago I took a PG and it showed positive. Went for an US and you can see the sak but foc but no fetus at all. So im going back in THREE weeks. SOOO scared and nervous.
Hello everyone I just went in to the E.R. for light bleeding and brown spotting. I was told that I was 12 weeks by my LMP. But the ultrasound confirmed I was only 7 weeks. She saw a sac but no sign of a fetus and took some blood to confirm that I was 7 weeks and I was still pregnant. She didn't say threatned miscarriage but she said my diagnose was Bleeding during pregnancy. I am scheduled for another ultrasound in 1 week. This is my 7th pregnancy but the 1st with these symptoms.  I pray that my pregnancy continues and my baby will be healthy. I am so grateful that I found this site and I will update my information soon.
I'm 5weeks n went in for my 2nd ultrasound today of course I'm freaking out they still havnt seen a baby but they do see yolk sac I go in next week for another ultrasound so I'm praying they see something or I'm going to try another doc or try a ultrasound tech people say ultrasound tech are better to go to
I am going through that right now and heard the same thing,I have a ultrasound to do in a week or 2 and all I can do is hope and wish for the best..and I am pregnant with twins
I'm 45 and I've been trying to get pregnant for 10 months I'm ovulating and twice I believe I have had implantation. Has anyone else out there had children at my age? I was pregnant 2 1/2 years ago but miscarried. Is there any hope for me to conceive a healthy baby
Hello
I know it is a long time ago but I am facing exactly the same thing. Can you let me know how it went for you. I am back at the docs for an us next week but next week seems like forever.
Will be glad to hear from you
Hey Im just wondering if anybody has gone in for their ultrasound and been told that the gest. sac was 7-8 weeks with only a fetal pole and if anybody has had a baby showing at the ultrasound two weeks later. Just wanting to know if somebody has had a similar experience and if they had a healthy baby or if they miscarried.
susan tony my tubes where tied 10 years back after my second child with my ex husband hoping i will live with him all the rest of my life but later we separated until i met this lovely and wonderful man without a child who love to have at list 2 kids but my tubes where tied , when i was on the babycenter i saw how so many women testify how they got pregnant with prophet james roots and herbs which i never thought it will ever work with his email address to reach him so i contacted him and order for the roots surprisingly i got pregnant 1 months and 2 weeks after using the herbs and now i am 7 months pregnant hoping to put to birth soon. so i could not keep this to my self than to testify how he also help me with his roots and herbs .you can as well reach him too on his e-mail  ***@**** or cell phone +2347035825346
i woke up 6 days ago bleeding just now stopped it was alot of blood kinda the first day then affter that just really light i went to the hospital and they said my pregnacy test said i was pregant but then they did an Ultrasound vaginaly and on my belly and they sad there was no baby in there at all they said eaither its way to early to see anything or i miscarried i would be about 5 or 6 weeks now..I go in tm to find out if i lost the baby has anybuddy ever had anything like this im only 18 years old and i have a one year old she turns 2 this month but ive never had anything like this happen before im very scared ive been trying to have a baby for 5 months now with my husband and just dont understand why this is happening to me???Does anyone no if this is normal?
Im 6 weeks four days pregnant and on saturday oct. 11, 2014 i had cramping but no blood. Then later on that night, after intercourse i noticed that it was pink on the tissue after i used the bathroom. So today oct 14, lastnight during intercourse, he pulled out and blood was all over. After about twenty mins, i washed and noticed there was no more blood. So i went to the emergency room. It was very confusing...when he said he sees a yolk sac but nuthn inside. It scared the hell outta me. My LMP was august 31st so 14 days from then means i ovulated on the 14 or 15. The drew blood and seen that my hormone levels are high showing that i am 6wks4days. But aint no tellin where the blood is coming from. They did a pap smear to see where the blood was coming from.but nuthn.  Im totally confused. How can they see a yolk sac but no baby inside?? Anyways, they want me to go every 48 hours to check my hormone levels. I pray everything is ok. I go see the doctor oct 23 @ 1 & again on the 28 for an ultrasound. Please pray for me. I have a 6 yr old daughter and a 2 yr old son. They wantd another sibling...i pray i can give it to them.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! My last menstrual period was september 11th and when october 11th came around i had no period. I tested positive on 2 home dollar pregnancy test friday night and saturday morning the 18th..but later that day around 8pm i started bleeding. worried of a miscarriage i went to the ER.. they did blood test and vaginal and regular ultrasound but said everything came negative and didnt see anything in my ultrasound. is it really possible i had 2 false positive or a miscarriage??? But they would have been able to tell me if i had a miscarriage right? The doctor said it was a late period! something tells me different.....HELP i need answers or someone who can relate!!! maybe i ovulated late...im questioning everything.
Thank you so much for this post. It gave me hope, I went to the doctor 4 days ago and they told me they saw a gestational sac but no embryo. They dated me at 5 weeks and scheduled me for an ultrasound in 2 more weeks to see if we can find a heartbeat at that point. My husband and I thought I
was so much farther along and were devastated by the end of our visit thinking we had lost our 1st baby. But we are trying our best to stay calm and have faith that our baby will be just fine and we'll hear our "Jelly Bean's" heart soon. Thank you for this huge glimmer of hope.
I had the same problem. my LMP was 07/07/2015. I checked my pregnancy on 14/08/2015. but there were no sign of pregnancy. again i checked on 27/08/2015 and it was possitive. Then i visited my doctor on 02/09/2015 and he said that am 5week pregnant, i went for 2nd scan on 30/09/2015 and still there was the sac but doctor said there is no embryo. he asked me to abort the baby. but i said no and i will be waiting for the natural miscarriage. this is my 1st child. it is very hard for us. just advise me that is this can be happen??? i dont feel that i have lost the baby. pls help me whether i can keep my hopes for my baby...
I'm in that same position rite now as i am typing this message   am so worried.... I'm 6 weeks pregnant, the sac is there and no fetus is in it.
I've got some hope after reading these! I have my dates worked out to a T. But somehow I am measuring behind. LMP was 14th Nov. Had ovulation pains 29th Nov. BFP 14th Dec. That should make me 6 weeks 5 days today (Thursday). On Saturday I started to spot brown. I was out of the country til Sunday night, then Monday was a bank holiday so I rang midwife Tuesday and she booked me an emergency scan for today. Technician said I was measuring about 5 weeks (not possible due to my dates?!) sac is there, yolk is there, no baby though. She said it's normal for what I'm measuring at (5ish weeks) and booked me for another scan in 11 days time. I'm still bleeding - it's dark red now. I also have cramps since the ultrasound (internal). I promise I will update when I know, even if it's bad news. Good luck everyone x
Update? I am in pretty much the exact same boat x