Am I pregnant?

I always have regular periods, never late. The norrmal 28 day cycle.

Recently, I had intercourse with someone and the condom fell out and I'm pretty sure sperm got in. I hadn't had sex for 9 months before that as I had split up with my long term boyfriend so was savouring my single status.

It was Sat 20th of July when I had intercourse, the day after the last day of my period. On Mon 22nd of July, I went to the doctor and took the morning after pill as you have up to 72hours to take it.

I hoped that everything would be ok but now I'm late. I was due on Aug 13th so I'm 5 days late so far and there doesn't seem to be any sign of it coming either. I also have a good amount of white, thick vaginal discharge, mild cramps that are quite low down in my stomach area, headaches, I'm a bit queezy and I'm very tired.

I very rarely get headaches and I'm rarely tired or feeling sick, so these three plus the others is making me worried that I could be pregnant.

I have a child already, but I can't remember what it was like back then to compare symptoms - he is nearly 4 years old. I had no morning sickness with him anyways, thats about all I can remember.

I've taken a home test which says I'm not pregnant but I've been researching and it says that I should wait at least two weeks after my periods due date before testing as an early reading could say negative when its actually positive.

I can't afford to be pregnant again, so I'm very much hoping that I'm not.

If any of ye can help answer this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Lola xXx
You should wait at least 2 to 3 weeks after. Well that's how long it took me to detect all of my pregnancies.
Yea id say wait a lil longer or go to the docs & ask for a blood test...but symptoms sound to me like u cud b...good luck :)
I would see the dr. and have them do blood work
You got the symptoms hunny. But just wait 2 weeks. Maybe you stressing got yo period late. Good luck
Dont think u pregnant the morning after pill is like bomb of chormones n probs thats y ur period is late plus u stressing ....maybe go c ur doc gd luck hope u not preggo xx
Thanks everyone!

I tried to get an appointment with the doc today but no luck. I only have Mondays off unfortunately.

I'll give it a little more time and do another home test and possibly visit the doctor also.

Fingers crossed I'm not. I am kinda hoping that its just the morning after pill affecting me. Thing is, I've taken that before and I still was regular afterwards so who knows.

Will update when I find out for real anyways.

Thanks again :)
You should definitely make an appointment with your doctor because if you are pregnant and you took the morning after pill one of the side effects is ectopic pregnancy which can be very dangerous. This happened to my sister in law she had taken a pregnancy test that was negative but her wouldn't come down. she went to the doctor and when they took the blood work it came out that she was pregnant but her levels weren't going up at the right rate and it turned out she had an ectopic pregnancy because of taking the morning after pill. if I were you I'd make an appointment to be on the safe side
Never heard of this, shall research... thank you for the info, I shall defo get checked out.. hoping its nothing serious and just a late period.

Thanks again.
Sorry, I haven't updated in a while.

I would just like to let you all know that, even though I still have the symptoms, it looks like I am not pregnant.

I finally did get my period after all - it was 3 weeks late but I had never been happier to see it arrive :)

So all is good, I can relax now.

A bit of news though, my sister did announce she is pregnant so she took on that role instead. She is absolutely delighted as she has always wanted one so I am very happy for her.

Just want to thank you all again for your helpful replies, it was very much appreciated.

Thanks :D
Take a first response test.