Any mother's go without an epidural?
Did any momma's deliver without an epidural? This is my second baby, I had a csection and epidural the first time around. Thinking about going without epidural this time around...not sure yet and only 13 days left until due date (vbac this time around hopefully)
If you can get away without picton it hurts but it's doable...once they hit me with picton the pain level doubled and I was begging for an epidural.
I'm due in 5 days and gonna try again to avoid the epidural, but I already informed my OB no picton unless absolutely nessisary
I am hoping (when I get to that point, I still have a ways to go) to go with out an epidural. If you can please give an honest opinion on how the birthing went without and epidural, that would be great. I have friends that went without and they said it's doable!
Oh gosh! I'll keep that in mind about the picton. I keep tossing back and forth, they said if baby doesn't come before my due date they won't induce me so I might be having another c-section. But i'll keep ya posted if I don't get the epidural for sure. Hopefully I can deliver naturally tho, but as long as the baby is healthy either way will be fine.
I was able to just breath deeply through them before hand the scale in 0-100 and I was having 70's which our good. With the picton I was cussing and  it able to endure them at a 40.

My sister has done it both ways and she said basically the picton makes it hurt twice as much, I would agree from my first experience!

Hope baby starts labor for you so you can try your v-back:)
With my first did it completely drug free. Make sure you know different pain coping techniques to help get you through and move around as much as they let you. Contractions aren't that bad if you can do that. Really the worst is pushing and that is generally not a long time.
Thanks! Hope so too :)
Oh wow,I'm gonna try to do it drug free if possible. What coping techniques did you find worked the best, breathing I'm sure was the biggest help lol
Knowing how to breath, having a supportive husband, and havi,g focal points for while you're breathing. Those were really the key things. If others keep suggesting or telling you to get drugs you are more likely to have. That at least has been my experience. Good luck and if you really want to do it, YOU CAN!
I thought about it until I actually was in full on labor.  LOL  Then I was like "give me the epidural!  NOW!!"  Found out I was not so tough. So, you can go in with a plan and alter as needed to best suit your own tolerance.  There is NO shame in the epidural.  I found I could relax and enjoy the birth without hyper focusing on how much it hurt.  So, it worked for me.  So, you'll be able to do what feels best to you at the time of delivery and it's all about YOU!  good luck hon
I went natural with my first with a sunny side little one and back labor that I still recall and remember the pain like it was yesterday! Remind your self that you can do it with out and mentally you are are strong.... in labor my Doula did an outstanding job of explaining how your body physically is climbing a ladder and mentally your mind is taken the stairs! This helped me tremendously with my first and almost had to have pitctocin and c section but I kept telling them to wait as i knew I could do it and had to trust my body! Either way deep breathing was my friend and having three ppl message my back helped...
I had my first without and epidural. Gas and air and I went to hypnobirthing classes, which I genuinely recommend. By the time I got to the hospital I was 8cm so was no time but the hypnobirthing (breathing technique) works amazingly as it gives you something to focus on instead of the contractions. 13 wks with my second and I intend on doing the same (all being well). Definitely doable!
Thanks for all your encouragement and suggestions. Any day now :) good luck to all you momma's as well!
I've had 3 births so far and never had an epidural. With my first one I begged to have one but my MIL was great and told me to suck it up and stick to it since I said threw out the whole thing I wasn't getting one. I'm so glad I didn't get one. I was able to walk arou d and hold my babies as soon as they were born. You will do great and it's amazing. Here's a suggestion. I got threw my first with my MIL telling me a story. We would go back and forth telli g part of it. She would watch my contractions and tell me when to breath then right back to story telling. May sound crazy but it kept my mind off the craziness. And I concentrated on her and our story. Wet cool wash cloth and ice chips. Good luck and if drug free is what you want just stick to it. I had no drugs/pain killers with my last one.
Live hearing all these different stories and experiences
*Love not live
Hi my first delivery I had emergency c section and I also had an epidural and with my 2nd baby I was able to do a VBAC no epidural but I had the morphine when I was around 6cm dilated. You can do it with the VBAC just prepare your mind and body days before you go in labour.
I had my 1st natural no pain meds being induced with pitoson , my 2nd i had c section , then i had my 3 , 4 ,5 th v back all no meds all being induced with pit. It all depends on ur pain level , wish u luck , im hopeing to do the same this time round with my 6th
Update: So 1 more day until due date and baby is still pretty comfy in there. I now have a scheduled csection for March 28th at 6 am since doctor had suspension it was gonna be a big baby, he ordered an ultra sound and baby is more than 9lbs.