Anyone given birth to a baby with down syndrome?
My blood work everything came out postive 4 downs.. I did the amino as well came back 100% im just asking 4 a little guidance and see what i can do to prepare my self for her birth. Any stories you ladies can tell me the good and bad.. I need to prepare myself and i guess this is the time 4 my family and i to learn about this angel.. Anything would help. Thanks in advance.
How sure are you about the Downs? What did the doctors say as far as the results go?  How many chromosomes?
Ive tooken 3 tests. My first test came out postive 4 it wasnt as accurate as my 2nd test. My second test was taken i believe counting babys cells? That as well came out postive about 98% the doctor told me its very rare that one is wrong. So i did the amino im not sure bow to spell it but the needle one from my stomach and that came back postive. I really just needed to know it wouldnt of changed the way i felt towards the pregnacy but i just needed to know. I never had a down syndrome baby. Im 26 and this is by 6th baby and surely my last. I just want to connect with moms who are going through the same thing or already went through it... Ive already spoken with my kids and there all excited.
The doctor told me they can help us with counseling and help us cope with this but honestly i dont need to do anything but prepare myself 4 the arrival and take care of her..
And im sorry the babys has i believe 3 sets of chromosomes verses a regular individual has only 2 i believe?
3 sets of 21..