Beta HCg level question - early pregnancy
I got a positive pregnancy test on Monday. Tuesday I was bleeding with mild cramping. My Beta hCG on Tuesday was 44, tested again on Thursday was 55. I have stopped bleeding and cramping. (no clots or passing tissue either)
I have read that an average hcg on 15 dpo is 59. If I ovulated a bit later that I thought, that is where I would be.

What are the chances this is viable?
Wanted to wish you luck Thursday with your u/s. I'm not sure if it's too early yet to see anything. I know my Dr's nurse told me that when my levels reach 1000 then there is something actually to see on an u/s. My LMP was Aug 15th, so figure with my calculations I'm 6 weeks. With my first HCG being 200 I thought it would take me a few weeks to reach 1000, if it's true that it doubles every 72 hours. I was floored when a week later it was 3281. I thought it was a little high. Like I said earlier, I miscarried before at weeks 9 and 10. When they did those u/s's they told me the fetus was that of 6 weeks. I'm hoping that this one continues to develop past this point in time. I figure this is my last hope. I'm going to be 42 in November so have the age thing against me already. I do have two children already with no problems or complications. I'm convinced it's the age thing that's the reason for this happening. I'm praying that the progesterone suppositories are helping. Do you think that's why my levels increased so quickly? Are you on any progesterone supplements? Perhaps you can inquire with your Dr? The time sure seems to drag when your waiting for a week to go by to get your levels checked. It's going to be a long pregnancy and wonder at what point when they figure the danger has passed. Rettsie is this your first? Let me know how your u/s goes......I'll keep my fingers crossed. keep in touch!
hey Allie,

I went to the ER today because i had some unusual bleeding, it was a bit brighter than the usual brownish/pinkish but still it was very light. Anyway they did a u/s and saw NOTHING! They are saying that i am 6 weeks pregnant, but i know when i conceived (like i have mentioned) so to me i think i'm only 3wks and 1day.
They then mentioned that the u/s mechine can only see a embryo about 5mm in length. They took some more blood and then sent me upstairs to where the hi tech u/s could detect a embryo at even 2mm. The wait was a few hours so i left and have a appointment for tomorrow 9am. I rang the hospital to check what my Beta level was, and yes it's gone up. was 640 and today 1650. So that's a positive, as for the bleeding they didn't have a answer. Also it was in my urine, so they mentioned maybe a infection...i have never had a urine infection in my life, and i said it doesn't hurt when i urinate...plus i haven't had intercourse since i discovered i was pregnant (too worried at this stage). No i haven't taken any progestrone supplements, maybe i should...it could be 1 possibility as to why they've jumped so much (or there could be more than 1!!!!) No doctor has told me i need to, my local doc is useless...i think he gets all embarressed every time i ask a question related to pregnancy.
I think you'll be fine, your levels sound great to me...try not to think about it, sometimes it causes more stress than what's needed, these doctors like to make us panic. Yes, this is my first pregnancy, my husband and i just got married in Janurary, so we would be thrilled if it all goes to plan. My birthday is also in November, how weird. Email me at: ***@****

This way we can chat privately, i will be in touch and let you know how i go tomorrow, fingers crossed they see even the slighetest dot. Good luck with you...my fingers are also crossed for you.
So glad to hear your level is up.....you must have been surprised. It went up in a bit of a jump. Sounds like good news. Hope your second u/s goes well.......like I said my dr. says there's something to see at 1000 and the on internet I've read 1200. Did they do a vaginal u/s. If not then maybe that's why they never saw anything.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.....I'll be anxious to hear from you. Maybe when they do the u/s they will also send you for more blood work. If they think you have an infection did they do more tests for it or give you any meds for it? You'll have to keep me posted!
I'll email you..........watch for it....my email address is ***@****. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
Take care...........I know how excited I was for my first.....I'll never forget it.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for years and we finally got pregnent.. my hcg level was a 30 and I was 4 weeks pg from my last period and 2 weeks from my ovulation. I was told that was good. The Dr. put me on progesterone suppositories and would monitor my hgg levels.. I went back 2 days later it went from a 30 to a 30.9 which they said was not good. I went back 2 days later and it went from a 30.9 to a 36.6. They said its either eptopic or I was carrying twins and one did not make it. My question is... Could this progestone I am inserting be keeping my levels up? I have had no spotting or bleeding or cramping. If I miscarried would I bleed or have pains at this stage?  I am just wondering what anyones thoughts are and if they could give me any suggestions or good advice.

Thanks,

Laura
Hi...i have never miscarried so not too sure about it personally, but i have had friends who have at around 4 weeks pregnant, and yes you would bleed alot! You will feel it coming out like a heavy period...some women get cramps but not everyone. Your levels aren't doubling like they say they should, mine didn't at first but then they took off and doubled plus a bit extra each time. Go get more blood taken and prehaps try for a early u/s which can be done as early as 3 weeks. If it's ectopic they will be able to pick it up straight away.
Best of luck, keep us posted.
Hi everyone, my beta hcg levels at 6 weeks 193074, two days later 304303.  yup you read this right, not a typo.  6 weeks has been confirmed by ultrasound. any comments?
I am also worried about my high levels. At 6 weeks 3 days from last period my HCG was 250,358. My first read was high 1500 at 4 weeks 6 days and progesterone was high at 54. Two US say there is only one baby. We did get an US heartbeat with my last read(6w 3days). However my progesterone dropped from 70 to 63. Anyone ever hear of these levels being "normal?" I go back on Thur. 10-6 for more blood and US. This was natural conception after 4 and 1/2 years and three unsuccessful IVF cycles. I also have high FSH. Anyone out there have these kind of levels? All I have read about is "bad news!"
Ashleigh -- you posted on a really old thread (2005)...just copy and paste your question/comment and put it under POST QUESTION.

It may get overlooked here.
At 5 weeks 3 days my hcg level was 347, then two days later at 5 weeks 6 days my level was at 505. Im worried but I have high hopes. I just had another test today and I won't get those results until tomorrow but I have to go back in two days to get another test done.
My last period was 7/10 . I took hmp test 8/13/07 +. Started bleeding 8/13/07. hasn't stopped . Levels on 8/20 were 78. then on8/20 were 190. Then on 8/22 385. was told I am having a m/c by a clinic. Told things are fine by E.r. Doc. Ne 1 who can help?
Hi... I guess I'll fill you in with some info before my question. I'm 25 years old and have been pregnant 5 time in the last 3 years. My first pregnancy was a miscarry, then my second (3months later) was successful (healthy baby boy) I delivered 6 weeks early, my third (a year later) was an eptopic and my right tube was removed, my forth (18 months later) was also an eptopic but was in the stump of my right tube at which point the rest of that tube was removed and my last pregnancy (four months later) was a natural misscarry (08/09/07) no D&C done. For this last pregnancy I have had a lot of blood work done to check my HCG levels. My first HCG Level was done 07/27/07 and was 157 then on 07/29/07 it was 277 then on 07/31/07 it was 133. By the ninth I started to bleed...it wasn't as much as the doctor said it would be but definitely different then AF. My doctor said that he wanted more blood work done two weeks later to make sure my HCG levels were back to normal on 08/29/07 my level was 73.8... wasn't low enough so on 08/05/07 I had more blood drawn only to our surprise my level is going back up it was 98. So now for my question... Could this be the old pregnancy making this level rise or would it be a new one (my husband and I never use "protection") It just seems a little early to think that this could be a new baby.

Thanks,
Amanda
I've had my 3rd IVF on Thursday June 18th.  Today (June 30th) I had my pregnancy test.  My nurse called to say...yes I'm pregnant...but my Beta level is at 18...very low.  She says it's rare that this pregnancy will go to term with these levels.  I go back in 2 days for another level check.

Anyone have any advice or know anyone with similiar situation that actually had a normal pregnancy?
I am only about 2 weeks pregs and need to know some stuff.
I had an mc about 4 weeks ago and the doc said wait till all clears then you can start to try again.
Then we fell again and i have had 2 blood tests so far and one more today the an U/S tomorrow.
My hcg was 33 then went down to 29 over night its not a massive jump i just want to know if there is still a chance i might be able to carry it.
2 mc in a row really dont want that and who does.
The thing is im not bleeding either so i am just so confused.
has this ahppened to anyone else?
I am 4 wks pregnant and I went to the hospital because I was having a lot of pains. they gave me a blood test and my HCG level was 71. The doctor told me that the pregnancy was either very early or that I was pregnant in my tubes. They then told me to come in two days later. I went in two days later and my count was 229. They then told me to come in two days later and when I came in my count is 1680. I asked my nurse why is the count jumping so fast. She told me it could be a chance of more than one baby. I want to know how true this is. can you guys help me on this matter.
Its possible, but its equally possible that its a single pregnancy.  The levels can and often do jump like that.  

Time will tell.  They will do another ultrasound soon, and then you will know.

Best of luck!
My LMP 4/11 and I took hcg test on 3/12 and the value was 400. on 6/12 hcg value was 970.on 8/12 hcg-850. on 14/12 hcg-500.
Doctor said I am not preg. But I didnt got my period till now.
Am I preg or not? Should I wait?.Are any one had this symptoms and conceived?.
Pls share. It will make me comfort.
Hi, I am 28 years old, married for 2.5 years now. We have been trying since then and recently when I met a INfertility specialist after a few u/s and follicle study, found out that I had PCO and also was not producing any eggs. She has started on HCG injections for almost 15 days during which I was responding well with the help of injections and on the 14th day u/s I had 4 dominant follicles that were off 20 mm each. That night I had an IUI done and my periods is supposed to start on 25/12/09. However, I noted small amount of bleeding on 22/12 which worried me and I immediately booked an appointment with my Dr. She had asked me to give out blood for Beta HCG and also said it is common to bleed even if you are pregnant, so we will wait for the results to come. My results are due today and am really really worried so much....I keep my fingers crossed :)
Hi, my name is Mindi.  In August I had a Hcg level of 9 two days before my usual bleeding time, and the 3 days later it had dropped significantly.  We tried again on Christmas eve and on 1/5 (again 2-3 days before my expected period) my level was 8.  The next day I had a positive urine test. Today, 1/7 my Hcg was 6.  These are such low numbers and obviously dropping is never a good sign.  Reading through these posts it doesn't seem like these low numbers are the norm although the range starts at 2-5.  I'm not really sure what I am asking for but I don't understand why some people, like myself, can start out with a level of 8 or 9 while others seem to be in the higher ranges of 100-200.  When I see such a low number is that a reason to "expect" the pregnancy to fail?
hello everyone...

my first hcg reading was 120 an 4 days after my reading was 200. i think im onl 2-3 weeks pregnant from my date of conception.. doc says th hcg reading is low....and it might either miscarry or ectopic....? anyone with any advice?
At 4 weeks pregnant my hcg levels were at 109 and my progestrone was at 15.5.  2 days later my hcg went up but only to 144.9 and my progestrone went down to 14.9.  I was having bad cramping during the evening around 14-18 dpo though they have seemed to disappear as I am now on week 5 though I have had no blood and no spotting.  Should I be worried about these hcg levels not doubling? This is my first pregnancy and I am 27 years old.  the doctor said that my cervix is closed and my uterus is growing which is a good thing but my hcg levels really worry me! Thanks for your thoughts and hopes to ease my worries!
I have had four early abortions and this time also my preg test is positive with beta hcg levels 373 on the 3rd day of my missed period and 350 on the seventh day. I recieved two hcg injections 2000u each in between the two tests. I had spotting on the fifth day of my missed period. No cramps or bleeding since then. What could be the likely outcome of this pregnancy?All other invx are normal.usg not done as yet.
hi i got told tuesday i was pg. My hcg test was 1300, started bleeding thursday morning, when in for ultra sound, seen sac and the yolk, had another hcg test done and it went up to 1700. it did not double but it did go up.. ARE THEY ANY HOPE, SOME ONE PLEASE SHARE WITH ME SUCCESS THEIR SUCCESS STORY.. I REALLY PRAYING NOT HAVING A MISCARRIAGE..
hi ladies, i don't know if my story helps or not.....on June 14 i found i was 5 weeks pregnant and my beta level was 4500.  they told me that was good news (i'm hoping!) and that i did not need to come back to check if levels have doubled.  they booked me for my first US on June 30.  at that time i will be 7.5 weeks.  being older i worry about high levels due to ectopic, downs syndrome, etc.....but i am hoping it is one healthy baby or even better, twins.  wish me luck.....

and best of luck to you ladies who have low levels....they don't mean anything as the levels are such a low-high range and every pregnancy is different.  stay positive and keep stress out of your lives.....i'm certain stress is what caused my last miscarriage (Apr. 8).  thanks for listening :)
My HCG level is 8621 what it means ?
hi all i'm 8 weeks pregnant and had a bleed for about 30 mins at 6 weeks they took beta hcg level on sunday that i bled and it came back at 210 repeated this on tuesday and the result was 30 so they said i probably miscarried but if i had a positive test in 2 weeks to go back for a scan well that scan is today i have had positive test yesterday and also have all symptoms of pregnancy so all i can do is hope baby is still ok.   will let you know later about the scan it is on today at 12:30 good luck to all xx
My hgc levels were 153 15 days passed ovulation.. and went to 3105 21 days passed ovulation my doc said I was in normal range. .. I'm so happy its baby number three for me.. I got two boys Im hopin for a girl this round baby dust to all....
hi
i went into get a hcg cuz i was bleeding
mine was 21 then 4 days later 22 then 4 more day 30 then today was 26
they are thinking its a tubal pregnancy.. so waiting 2 see what 2 do next
Hi. I am greatful to offound this sight went to doctor ties pod previous test did ultrasound n nothin there n Dr stated I had follicles in my left ovary which only.have when gettin to produce an egg. Had hcg test 84 it is n doin another tomorrow. Last menst was April 9th. Was surrogate for aunt that tried it all n no luck n pray now for fiance n I to have  the same miracle angel added to our lives n family. Ps thank god first very healthy happy n beautiful
Keep posted tomorrow on touch phone hard to type sorry.for mispells
I had an Hcg test done yesterday and when I called to get the results all they would tell me is "393" ...does this mean i am pregnant or no?would it tell me how far along? .... it is the weekend and my doctor wont be back until monday..
my level was at 605 and two days later it was 1650. thats good right?
yes thats good... they are supposed to double every 24-36 hours...
My first hcg test was 53 on Friday, Monday it was 78 and im testing tomorrow. my numbers are not doubling...Is there still hope??

I had my embryo transfer on Oct24th.
There is always hope!! Statistically 85% of regular pregnancys at least double every 48-72 hours.... that leaves 15% of REGULAR pregnancies that do not follow this...
Saying this, it is important to brace yourself that sometimes  the numbers kinda set off alarms for Drs to monitor incase a MC...BUT that isnt always the case and until there is actual proof that this is occuring dont give up hope... your numbers are still increasing and you are very early yet!! Good luck!
My Bhcg level is 74710 do u guys think I'm pregnant ....can't see the doctor yet as it's unwanted pregnancy for my husband he never wanted a baby  ,he has 2 kids from his previous marriage ,but for me it's a first pregnancy n I really want it ,can any body help me in this please :(
I had my ET of a 5 day blast on Dec.18, on Dec 24 my HPT was a BFN then on the 27th my HPT was a BFP. On the 28th i had my 1st blood test my HCG level was 82 and my progesterone is 7! This is day 11 should I be worried? The only symtoms I hv is my breast are sore on the sides, no cramping, no bleeding or spotting. Next test in the a.m. What do yall think?
I found out I was pregnant Dec. 23rd, 2011. My last period was Nov. 23, 2011. I went to the docs the 28th of Decemeber, and that night starting bleeding. Next morning I did my urine test and blood work as needed. Then went back to the docs. Internal exam showed my cervix was closed and hard. ? . My urine test came back INDETERMINATE. I had to look it up. Basically there wasn't enough hormones to say I was, but too much to say I wasn't... back to the docs! then went back a week later for more testing. Urine test still is pending, but HCG showed at 92. I have to go back again on Friday, the 6th of January 2012. I'm worried. Not sure what to think, although I'm starting to believe its ectopic. At first we figured I was miscarrying, and I was devastated. Now I'm worried I will need surgery! I had stopped bleeding, and never passed any clots, although I bled for a week. Anyone got advice or stories to help me ease the nerves?
I just found out I was pregant and yesterday my levels were 114 today there were 190 is this normal and possible I'm kinda worried
I hope someone can give me some insight... I noticed that the last post on this forum was in 2005 but I'll ask anyway and maybe someone will reply... Here is my question. I went to the doctor yesterday 1/11 and they did an ultrasound. He said they see only 3 dark spots but nothing else. He thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy and sent me straight to the ER for another ultra sound and blood work.  ( I have had no bleeding nor pain)

When I arrived to the hospital they concluded I was not having an ectopic pregnancy but they can't see anything other then the 3 spots  and according to the last day of my period I should be six weeks. My HCG levels are 3700.

I met with the doctor again today and he told me that he is concerned because my HCG two weeks ago was 921 and because it's now 3700 it's not raising as it should. He said he believes I will soon have a miscarriage and doesn't want to give me false hope...

I don't know what to think!! He said we will repeat the blood work in 1 week and go on from there... Can anyone give me some input!!
Im so sorry your having to go through this, its aweful for anyone but those numbers are going up really slow, in 2 weeks they should be a lot higher than that and with them not seeing anything on the US at this time its not sounding too good... im glad your Dr is going to see what going on next week to make absolutely sure this is whats going on as stranger things have happend and in rare cases everything works out and ive seen some Drs just send the girls home with more questions then anything so yo have a good Dr there... again im sorry i cant give you any more answers than you already have, which i know isnt much at this time but im praying for ya and i hope you stay strong!
Hi everyone
i had a blood test done monday and hcg was 98.6 and wednesday went down to 64.7 and have to do a pregnancy test in 10days time if its positive have to give the hospital a call

i was diagnosed with pcos in october 2010 and been on clomid for 4 cycles. lasy cycle on 150mg and showed i had a 18mm follicle on my left ovary and a 20mm follicle on my right ovary.

good luck everyone
Hi everyone

good luck everyone
I have been doing IVF. Had three eggs transferred on 6/15. Tuesday my hcg we 13.2. Went back today and its 24.4. Am having some cramping and bleeding. Any thoughts??
Faintly postive urine on 7/28. More so on 7/30 but still not as dark of line as the control. Had serum Test and hcg level on 8/1. I should be around 5 weeks. Serum was def postive took 45 sec on a test that should take 5min and hcg level was 1087. The lab tech said it should be higher since my serum came back so quickly. I haven't had any "symptoms" though. No nausea, tender breasts etc.  Just late pd and menstral cramping with no bleeding. The ob group won't see patients until 11weeks. So now I'm concerned if I should get excited yet or is this an indication of the pregnancy not progressing.
I got my ivf done on 15jan 30th I got my beta hcg my reading is 520 . Can anyone advice me if my reading indicates I have multiple.
Seema
I got my ivf done on 15th Jan .my beta hcg was done on 30th Jan. Reading is 520. Got my result positive. I would like to know am I carrying multiple.
Dear all,

I am 34 old, no case of any gynological problems. I married in 2013. I found out I was pregnant in Oct 2013, however had a natural MC. Now we have been actively trying for a baby since Feb 2015. My periods are always regular, missed period for this month. excited I did a HPT, -ve it turned out. I went to doctor for a blood test and result was +ve. My HCG count was 89. Doctor said its very early in pregnancy. I am now on Folic acid and UtroGestan 100mg (2 tabs at bedtime).

Dear ladies, please let me know if I will sustain this pregnancy and become mother of a healthy baby. I am so worried and stressed out.My doctor has asked to see her again in 2 weeks time.

I have no nausea. However have backache, lower abdomen pain and sore breasts.
IS A BETA HCG OF 140IU/L AFTER 19 DPO NORMAL
Bump...HCG Level was 74 on Sunday...Dr at ER said it was low and to see my OB asap...So today Tuesday they did my levels and its 128....OB says it almost doubled but not sure of what it means because she too thought it was a miscarriage...They have me booked for ultrasound in the am....I dnt know what to think cause i just had a five day bleed 3 days before my bfp......Has anyone else experienced this? What happened?
it's your uterus attaching its self which is normal