Aa
A
A
Close
Births? Natural? Epaderal? Advice ftm to be!
FTM!
Looking for advice! I want a natural birth and no epaderal. No pain meds till i ask fir them.
What was your experience?
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
If you tell the nurses you don't want an epidural they will motivate you and reassure you through everything, even when you ask for meds mine would said come one, let's do a little longer and see how your feeling. When I finally said I really wanted it it was too late and time to push. Without their support I think I would have gotten one and I'm so happy I didnt
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hey i tried some gas but the midwife said i was doin great without it so  i went without any other drugs u can always try without and if u really need it then ask for it but yer the midwives are super supportive
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I didn't have an epidural with my first and that's how I plan to have this one. All I had is what is called nebayne which is suppose to take the edge off the contractions. For me it actually allowed me to get some sleep before my son came. And when it was time I knew, my body started pushing for me. I had told myself the whole pregnancy I was NOT getting an epidural. And have someone there to support your decisions. I also had to tell myself that it was going to hurt like hell. And going in for me it wasn't as bad as I always thought it would be!! Express what you want and be honest with yourself!! ❤❤ Congrats momma!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Nebayne.
Is it out of yiur system by the time baby arriveds. I want to breasfeed but dont want anything in my system for it.
Side note. I dont like taking meds. At all.
Comment
Cancel
It is a little bit however I breast fed him just fine and he was a very happy baby. I went back to work way earlier than I wanted to, so I couldn't keep up with him. That's the only thing I will change this pregnancy,I'll take my full 6 weeks then come back.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
4983320 tn?1378405868
I got an epidural with my first and it didn't work anyway and just slowed down my labor.:/ I don't plan on getting one this time but I also won't feel bad if I do end up trying it again. I don't like taking medicine either, like not even a Tylenol.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Theres ppl saying if you get the epaderal....after u get older you will have back problems...im 39 wks....this is my 4th pregnancy i never got medicine...n never will...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
What was your way(s) of coping with the pain?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Just the support of my family...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I got epidural i was in way to much pain not too and was in back labor for 2days i couldn't handle anymore
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4769306 tn?1500417801
Blank
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
5 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1500417801
Blank