Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
Bleed seen on 12 week ultrasound

A community of expecting mothers (25 to 34 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bleed seen on 12 week ultrasound

So I went for my 12 week ultrasound yesterday- baby looks great!! Measuring 6 days ahead now. Anyways at 8 weeks on a scan they found what they call an "implant bleed"  and put me on pelvic rest. The scan yesterday was to see if it dissolved (which they normally do). So it had shrunk which was a good sign. However, they found a new "bleed" and this one is much bigger. Again they told me they aren't worried about it- that again it will probably go away on its own but I have never heard of this. Also I have partial placenta previa right now- has anyone else had this or no someone who has??? Any advice is appreciated. The only good coming from this is we get to find out the gender super early (16 weeks) on July 16th!!!
I had both the bleeds your talking about. Take the pelvic rest seriously. I even quit my job cause I was cramping so much with it and the blood burst and I woke up with blood everywhere thought I was having a miscarriage! You'll either spot or the blood will clot go away on its own or be all at once. I'm about 16 wks now there both gone but me and my husband decided no sex cause of all the issues I've had this whole pregnancy! Good luck!
I had a bleed (haematoma?)at the beginning of my pregnancy and it came away on it's own, so if they're not worried, I would relax. You may get a little bit of spotting when it comes away so just keep an eye out. As for the placenta previa, I think it's encouraging that it's only partial and from what I've heard, it can/does normally move up on it's own? Did they say they will keep an eye on it?
Yes, I go back at 16 weeks for another scan to see what is going on. The only positive is I really enjoy seeing my little one regularly- in most pregnancies you usually only see baby once or twice
I had one and it went away around 16 weeks
I had placenta previa with 1st baby but it moved up as pregnancy progressed. Was able to have vaginal birth
Around sick weeks in my pregnancy they found that I had a bleed as well. I continued to spot on and off and it actually got worse I went to the emergency room. They ended up finding that I too have partial placenta previa. I am 16 weeks and the bleed finally stopped but my placenta hasn’t moved at all. The doctor seems hopeful that it will though. I have been going to the doctors ever two weeks sense week six. I was really over whelmed at first and frustrated but once I just relaxed and listened to my doctor things have steadily gotten better. My doctor didn’t show much concern and finally I just had to tell myself if something was wrong and I needed to worry she would tell me. I would just stay calm and listen to your doctor. It helps to know your not the only one who has had this happen and there is a lot of research about it I found the more I read the better I felt. As long as the baby is fine and growing that’s all that matters. Good Luck
The weird this is I haven't had any spotting at all...
That is weird thats why my doctor checked everything and found out what is wrong. But all my spotting has been brown because it has taken so long to come out.
I had a subchorionic hematoma threw out my whole pregnancy.  I just delivered 11 days ago to a healthy lil girl who drs labeled my pregnancy threaten miscarriage. I had a small bleed when I was 10 weeks then a large at 12. It eventually shrunk but remained til 32 weeks at that point they couldnt see it anymore because the baby was big. I was put on moderate bed rest n took it easy. Don't Google anything because it will only freak you out. Just follow your drs orders and take it easy.  Good luck and god bless
I had a subchorionic bleed at first but it dissolved on it's own.
OctoberMommy2014 Colby Lee has his first run... Comment
kelley5107 uploaded new photos
KeeLolo OMG!!!!!!! Nausea has kicke... Comment
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy