Brown Spotting at 5 weeks
I am current five weeks pregnant tomorrow.  This afternoon while urinating, I saw brown spotting when I wiped.  I immediately rushed home and inserted a tampon to see if any clots came out.  It was just more brown discharge and everything seems to have disappeared now.  Just wondering what everyone's experience has been with this.  Could it have been left over implantation bleeding or just old blood?  I know they say as long as it isn't red and cramping that it's fine, but I'm scared!!! I miscarried in september, so I'm freaking out.!!!! Please help!!!!
its very comforting to know that im not the only one going threw the same situation. I am 5 weeks pregnany and have been experiencing light brown and sometimes pink spotting i went to the ob/gyn and had U/S and everything looked ok but i cant stop thinking about it i am driving myself crazy
I too am 5 weeks pregnant, and have started brown spotting and mild cramping today.  Am so nervous.  Called hospital, and they said no heavy lifting and rest.  There seem to be so many questions and no answers.  Wait and see, I guess.
I am 5-6 weeks pregnant, and a couple of days ago I started to experience a dull pain in my left ovary, that lasted too days. Last night I peed, and when I wiped there was a scant amount of pink tinged urine/discharge. This morning when I went to the bathroom, there was a small amount of pale discharge in my underwear. I am not experiencing any cramping, but I am so worried that something bad is happening. Any thoughts?
I am 5-6 weeks pregnant, and a couple of days ago I started to experience a dull pain in my left ovary, that lasted TWO days:) Last night I peed, and when I wiped there was a scant amount of pink tinged urine/discharge. This morning when I went to the bathroom, there was a small amount of pale BROWN discharge in my underwear. I am not experiencing any cramping, but I am so worried that something bad is happening. Any thoughts?

I'm so glad to have blogs! It's nice to know what other ppl's stories are! I am 5 1/2 wks with 2nd baby, 1st is handsome, healthy boy 10mos! I too started spotting 2days ago. It was only when wiping both times and the 1st day i checked it like 10x and saw brown each time. Then the next night, after all was fine, i wiped before bed and saw some brownish-pink! My doc had me do hcg levels and mine ws 2417. I am still waiting for my 2nd levels to be done in 2 days, boy does the time drag! Hopefully all is well! I know we all get busy, but i will return to let you all know what the outcome is! Good luck to all of you, you are in my prayers!
Im curringly 5 weeks pregnant today.and had spotting this morning and was wondering that was normal.I have had three children,and this never happend to me before.
I would just like to thank everyone cause I myself am 5 1/2 weeks preggo and I have had some brown spotting myself.  I am a high risk pregnancy so of course I thought the worst.  Everyones comments made me feel much better....I think I am gonna go sit and relax now instead of sitting on this computer researching for another hour.  

Good luck to all of you!
I had a "blighted miscarriage" in late Jan. 2009 (egg was fertilized, but no embryo was formed).  I first noticed a pink color on my liner ~ 6 wks of pregnancy, which later became light brown spotting.  I got a blood test to confirm pregnancy and dr. told me to rest and stop exercising.  hcg was normal.  Around 8.5 wks, i woke up at 4:30 am because of cramps that radiated to the right ovary region (lasted momentarily) so was told by everyone i called to go to the ER (my 1st appt to obgyn was the week after).  Was at ER for 9 hrs. my husband and i saw nothing on the screen with intravaginal us (later was told about the miscarriage. hcg was again normal cuz my body still thinks i'm pregnant cuz egg was fertilized).  2 hrs after leaving ER, I felt severe cramps for a total of 3 hrs (the time betw cramps shortened-).  After each cramp, I bled severely filling up a pad. i attributed the cramps to contractions.  i changed pads ~ 3-4x in 3 hrs.  it stopped suddenly.  when i peed the next day, something came out (a purple blob-most likely placenta).
     i'm 5 wks pregnant now & been light brown spotting since 4 wks.  i won't see obgyn until 10 days, so hopefully i'm okay this time.
Hi, I'm 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant.  For the past few days I have had pink, to red to brown light spotting as well but I have also had strong period pain type cramping and I mean, STRONG.  I am resting as much as I can and trying not to stress out.  Dr checked me out.  HCG level is 2412 and as far as the Dr can tell, everything is "normal".  If it accompanies heaving red bleeding or clots and cramping, then I think we need to be concerned.....   I am going back in a few days to test HCG level again to ensure it is rising.   As far as I can tell, a LOT of preggo Mums get spotting and cramping in early pregnancy.  Best wishes for us all :-)
Hi. Found out was preg this Tues. Been ttc for 2 years. My hcg levels are 405. Last period 24 oct 09. Is this normal. No symptons at all. Have a bit of diarea. Left ovary mild pain. Ultrasound only showed thickened womb. Nothing else. Comments anyone?
I am about 5 weeks and have experienced the light spotting too with light cramping.  I continue to feel all the typical preg symptoms.  Visited the dr today and had an US, no sign of a baby in the uterus.  Will have a retest of the hCG levels on Monday.  If all checks out OK, another ultrasound in one week.
I am 5 weeks pregnant and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I miss-carried last October '09. I have spot brownish bleeding that just started last night and I just realized that I have no morning sickness at all? Does anyone have any idea what is going on with me? I don't have insurance so I really can't afford to go to the ER but I do have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow.

Thanks.
How long after implantation bleeding will it show up on a test?
I had bleeding for 3 days the color was like a red pink and then went to brown. Is this normal?
I took a pregnancy test saturday and it showed negative. Should i retest and when ?
Hey everybody! My name is kita this is my first time on here i really need sumone to talk to.... I'll start by sayn i havent had a period since Nov. 2 i thought maybe it was because of stress so i didnt think nothin of it . then i start gaining weight everywhere. i took alot of hpt they were negative. Nxt i was getn bad headaches and stomach and chest pains so i went to the hospital. They did a bloodtest and ultrasound but they told my me the ultresound was done wrong and the had 2 do it "digital" so they told me i was pregnant but i think their wrong. Yesterday i was spotting light pink then later that night it was bright red and semi heavy and my stomach really hurts. Does anyone knw what wrng???????????? Plz Comment...
I've read each and every post on this page and I felt relief as I am not alone. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences.

Accdg to the doctor, I might be 5w preg already (my PT is positive but too early to be sent to ultrasound). I am also experiencing brown discharge, quite minimal and the OB said that this could be because of the implantation (just like the others has shared). I am still worried as I read that this could also lead to threathened abortion or miscarriage, until I read this page. Though there might be a possibility, at the end of this day, I felt quite at ease and I hope to read more in the coming days :) Let us all stay positive until our OB confirmed our situation... Good luck to all of us...
I think my wife is 3 weeks pregnant. She missed her period for 3 days and she's spotting now. Could it be she's pregnant?
I am about 5W5D pregnant with my first baby.  This past Tuesday I had an ultrasound and noticed after words that I had some spotting right after.  Shortly thereafter it stopped so I figured the spotting was caused due to the ultrasound.  But today, 3 days later, I woke up to find some light brown blood on my toilet paper.  I am freaking out, because I still have not heard a heartbeat, since on Tuesday they determined I was about 5W2D pregnant and you don't see a heartbeat on an ultrasound until around week 6.  I need some reassurance as I have never been pregnant and my husband and I have been trying for years and finally got pregnany using IUI.
Your comments and prayers are greatly appreciated!
I have missed my period for 2 months. I haven't had one since December. It is now the begining of March. Last week I started to have brownish spotting and a little cramping. It is so light I only need 1 pad a day. All pregnancy tests are coming back negative. My doctor insists that if I was pregnant I would have a positive test by now. I tried to tell her that with my first child, I didn't have a positive pregnancy test until I was about 9 weeks. I tested every week for 9 weeks until that came positive. I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Could I be pregnant with brownish spotting, 2 months late, and no positive pregnancy test?
I am 5 wks. I've had some light pink or peach discharge for last 3 days. Today i found brown on my underwear. I had a miscarrige 5 months ago. We really want this baby. I called my doctor in a panic. I was crying and all. She told me as long as it's not red and i'm not cramping I just need to relax. She will C me in am for blood work and ultrasound. I really hope this is normal. My sister has 3 children and states she had cramps for entire pregnancies. I will keep u posted with what happens but the most important part she said was to try to relax because it CAN affect your pregnancy.
I am five weeks pregnant I believe I have missed my period and am anxiously waiting to go to the doctor this coming Monday (two days away) and this morning I woke up to pee as usually no cramping and when i wiped there was a light pink quarter size spot with brown discharge around it. I am still worried but I have went to the bathroom twice afterwards and nothing was on the paper. You don't think I had a miscarriage?? Or could be having one?? First timer.