Cervical shortening
In my 1st pregnancy I was put on strict bed rest at 20 weeks and was on it till I delivered at 37. This was because my cervix had shortened. My husband and I are trying for our 2nd now and my question is for those who had the same issue as me- did it happen again with your next pregnancy?
I'm only on my first pregnancy, but I experienced the early cervical shortening just as you had. Honestly, the only thing you can do is let your doctor know about the complications you had with the last pregnancy, if they don't already know or have record of it, and have them label you as high risk, making sure they are doing all they can to ensure you are not shortening too early, and or dilating very early. There is no way of really knowing as I've heard, if you will experience this again with your other pregnancies. As I've learned, all people are different, and all pregnancies are different. Even pregnancies with the same woman. Just try to stay extra cautious of symptoms, writing them down, and alerting your doctor when things don't seem right to you. They can consistently monitor you, although they'll try to refrain from messing with your cervix much so they don't jump start anything. But the best you can do is keep an eye out, and make sure they are aware of anything you dealt with prior. Good luck to you, and congrats!
Thank you for your feed back. I already plan on sticking with the same doctor just because of the fact they already have all of my history of what happened on file. After I had my 1st child 4 years ago I did ask then what would happen if I have another and the pretty much said the same as you- 50-50 chance, you never know. They did mention they can give some kind of shot but I didn't get too much into on iit with her at the time because I just had the baby and wasn't planning on one for a bit.  I guess I'm a little nervous but I know I will be closely monitored. I just wanted to find out how many women it did happen to again so maybe it will put my mind at ease but like you said ever pregnancy is different! This 2nd one for me too will already be a little bit different for me because now I have hypothyrodism and I know they will have to constantly monitor my levels during the pregnacy for that too. Regardless I am excited to have a 2nd. Thank you so much :-)
More than likely you'll get extra ultrasounds, I get one every 3 weeks so they can watch my cervix. If it shortens to much they will stitch it shut. Make sure even though it's the same Dr you remind them, they may have switched files or computer programs or placed older files in storage.
I had the same problem with my first pregnancy was put on bedrest at 28 weeks and delivered at 37 weeks. Im pregnannt again and experiencing the same problem but they caught it earlier this time at 21 weeks. Ive been getting u/s every 4 weeks since we found out we were preggo again. Imnow 30 weeks and on restricted bedrest as my cervix is noy shortening as fast this time but still is gradually due to me contracting throughout my pregnancy. I was given a 50/50 chance it would happen again. Im more aware this time of whats going on and been able to.communicate to my doc everytime something feels off.