Does the doctor normally listen for babies heartbeat at first appt?
I'm 9w3d and I had my first baby appointment today, my doctor didn't even attempt to listen for baby's heartbeat, is that normal?
With me first appointment I was 9 weeks and it was just a consultation to get to know my doctor and he did a pap smear as well.  He told that 9 weeks can still be too early to hear the heart beat and doesn't want his patients to get freaked if they hear nothing. He said when I get my next appointment at 12 weeks he would listen since the baby was bigger at 12 weeks to 9 weeks. Took a couple minutes to fine and warned us it could take a bit to find the heart beat but when we heard it was a sign of relief. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant with a little boy due in October
9 weeks is still quite early to be able to hear a heartbeat with a doppler. If they did an ultrasound they should have looked for a heartbeat, but not heard one...but some doctors don't do a 9 week ultrasound.
My OB did with my first but it was vaginal. We saw and heard the heart beat. I was 9 weeks at that time. This is my third pregnancy second was a miscarriage.
9 weeks is too early.
My doctor didn't even try at my app I was 9 weeks 4 days she said at my next appt they will do it