Aa
A
A
Close
Does the doctor normally listen for babies heartbeat at first appt?
I'm 9w3d and I had my first baby appointment today, my doctor didn't even attempt to listen for baby's heartbeat, is that normal?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
With me first appointment I was 9 weeks and it was just a consultation to get to know my doctor and he did a pap smear as well.  He told that 9 weeks can still be too early to hear the heart beat and doesn't want his patients to get freaked if they hear nothing. He said when I get my next appointment at 12 weeks he would listen since the baby was bigger at 12 weeks to 9 weeks. Took a couple minutes to fine and warned us it could take a bit to find the heart beat but when we heard it was a sign of relief. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant with a little boy due in October
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
9 weeks is still quite early to be able to hear a heartbeat with a doppler. If they did an ultrasound they should have looked for a heartbeat, but not heard one...but some doctors don't do a 9 week ultrasound.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
7058746 tn?1393439020
My OB did with my first but it was vaginal. We saw and heard the heart beat. I was 9 weeks at that time. This is my third pregnancy second was a miscarriage.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
9 weeks is too early.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My doctor didn't even try at my app I was 9 weeks 4 days she said at my next appt they will do it
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Oct 19
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KeeLolo uploaded new photos
Oct 19
3191940 tn?1447272317
Blank
CurfewX commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Oct 19
Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community Resources