Aa
A
A
Close
Dry Shampoo and Hairspray in first trimester
Hi everyone, so I am 17 weeks now. The doc says the baby is healthy so far. I'm just freaking out today because I read online that using hairspray or shampoo with phthalates in it can cause reproductive deformities in boys. I just went crazy replacing all my stuff with phthalate free products. Do you guys think I could have done significant damage
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
My entire question didn't load - I just use the dry shampoo (Batiste) and aerosol hairspray in the morning before work
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
think this is fine--  dry shampoo.  :>)  Do you mean spray hair spray though like aqua net?  Maybe switch to a pump kind if so.  Not sure why I say that but it's less all over the place than a spray.   Anyway, do think this is okay but you can always run it by your doctor.  good luck (and a girl has got to have good hair, right?!)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thanks! Yea I didn't think I was doing any harm until I started googling (and we all know how google can freak anyone out)... my doc said it's fine (she definitely thinks I'm a worry wart by now) but I am still going with the phthalate free just to be safe!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
Oct 19
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KeeLolo uploaded new photos
Oct 19
3191940 tn?1447272317
Blank
CurfewX commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Oct 19
Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community Resources