Flu shot
Hi! Im 19 weeks pregnant and my doctor suggested i get the flu shot. I have seen and heard many mixed reviews weather its save or not. Have any of you ladies got the flu shot while pregnant? I would love to know your opinions!
Yes, the preservation free one :) no reason not to get one
Of course I got it. Getting the flue can be HORRIBLE when your pregnant. I watched my friend get the flu while she was pregnant, she ended up in the hospital because of it. Not fun.
Better to be safe than sorry.
I didn't get it and I don't get my two yr old one either I feel like I need to use my natural immune system for things like that but I'm all for the other vaccines
It it's generally recommended by all docters for pregnant women to get. Your immune system is weakened in pregnancy. I got it with my son with no issues.
I didn't get it this time around because during my first pregnancy I ended up getting Bells Palsy from the flu shot. It was horrible and I wouldn't chance it this time. I'm 3 days away and knock on wood did good. Do what you think but I find the flu shot to be too chancy and not always worth it. Covering last years flu and many others still floating around. Do your research and follow what you think.
I'm 16wks..wit my 3th pregnancy I toook the flu shot.....n I got very very sick!!!!....so this time I didn't took it...
I'm 28 weeks with my 2nd daughter and I haven't gotten the flu shot with either pregnancy...or at all in my life to be exact.  Me personally I have heard too many horror stories from people getting it so I choose to not get myself or my child(ren) the flu shot.(we get every other vaccine though) It is completely up to you though if you want it or not. I think if it weren't safe your doc wouldn't recommend it. But, I just think it's all up to your body how you react to it.
I will never ever get the flu shot again. Honestly it doesn't protect you all the way and I wound up getting sick after the shot then getting the flu a little while later.
We don't do the flu shot in our home, especially when I'm pregnant. There's no telling what all is in that shot. No, I'm not a conspiracy fan, I just know that our skin is our first defense. Be vigilant and wash your hands. The flu shot is only effective for 3% of the viruses. The doctors guess which flu virus will be out each year and vaccinate according. Some years they are way off.
Just a thought. I have a friends that works with the viruses.
I got the shot and when my entire family/extended family was sick, I got only a very mild version. And I have the weakest immune system. I'm sooo glad I got it!