Gestational sac not measuring with estimated weeks....
Hi all....right now I am very confused and upset. Just need a few opinions (good or bad).I found out I was pregnant by a home pregnancy test 2 weeks ago. Last week, I went to the doctor where he also confirmed it. He did the exam and said everything looked good and that I was 7 weeks. I went for my first trimester ultrasound and from there on it has been an emotional rollercoaster. When the tech did the ultrasound, she said that the gestational sac was only measuring 5 weeks and not 7 like it should. She called my doctor and he said he wouldn't know much until I had some blood work done. So, he sent me to the lab to have it drawn to measure my HCG levels and progesterone levels. And I go back Friday for a second set to be drawn so he can compare. He said I might really be 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and the baby stopped growing at 5 and is gone or some other things that I didn't hear because I was still in shock and somehow tuned him out. I feel pregnant. No cramping or bleeding....don't know what to think. My LMP was definetly Aug 26. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions...anything is appreciated. Thank you.
i had small gestational sac pregnancy too.. I just cant stop crying evrytime I think of those bad memories I had then.. I had been put on complete bedrest for 6months. I gave birth prematurely at nearly 8 months. my baby died within 24hrs due to respiratory distress syndrome.. immaturity of lungs.
Hi, I am Priya...am facing same medical problem.....i got a confirmation of my pregnancey at around 4 weeks 6 days..after a week i saw a spot of blood and hence went for a check up once again....at his time doctor did u/s sonography and confirm a Single very Intrauterine Gestation of 5 weeks 0 Days .I did 2nd check up and same confirmation i got saying to do mis abortion......
can someone suggest what can be done in this case
I am roughly 5 weeks pregnant and am showing a sack but no baby. I have a tipped uterus so I am not concerned with the fact that we can't see a baby yet although it would be very reassuring. My main concern is that on 9/10 the sack measured 5w 3d and 9/13 it measured 5w 1d, and 9/17 it measured 5w 1d and my levels are not doubling every 48 hours but they are going up still. My doctor wants to do a D&C but I want to wait has anyone ever had the sack stay around the same size for a week and had a healthy pregnancy?
How did you make out with this pregnancy?  I am in the same situation.  My partner is presently 7w1d with twins.  Baby A measured 6w6d, and Baby B was 7w0d, but the sac of Baby A was VERY small.  We have miscarried twins several times over this past year, and have prayed for these babies.  We have been told there is a chance Baby A won't make it, and just want to hear any positive stories from people in the same situation.  Happy baby thoughts to you all!
Hi! Im 7 weeks pregnant and I have been spotting, cramping and having lower back pains for almost a week. I went to the ER Mothers Day and they told me to let mother nature takes it course, even though my cervix is closed...I went to the Dr. today and he said the sac was small for 7 weeks and to come back in 2 days. My levels were normal. So...am I still PG? Am I M/C? Im reading to get it over with...
i am in the same situation as alot of you. I have 2 boys aged 9 and 6. I found out i was pregnant 6 weeks ago and when i went for an US at what i thought was my 6th week i was told i must be about 4 weeks as the sac was small with nothing in it. I went back 2 weeks later for another US and my sac had grown, but still nothing in it. the radiographer said my dates could be wrong or that my baby just hasn't grown. There faces told me excactly what i needed to know.  They gave me 2 scans on 2 different machines then an internal US  And they kept getting someone more senior in each time. I,ve to go back next week but am trying to come to terms that i don't have a baby. I still feel pregnant which is making it worse. My heart is sore with hurt just now so i can empethise with you all. x x x
Hi, Iam  very confused< i did a invitro fertization  on march 24, 2011. after 2 blood test and home pregnancy test came out negative. in may 11 i had a positive blood test and i was 6 weeks pregnant. i will like to know how could this happen. i am know very confused how should i calculate the due date.
wow, I knw this was posted long ago (6 years) :)  but can you tell me ont he bad sonogram did they see the sac AND the baby, or just the sac?  I am in a similar situation right now and am worried.  Thanks!
Hi, I'm in the same boat and my story in not that encouraging. Had 5 MC in a row, was pregnant for 6th time. Had my 7th week US and sac was 2 weeks behind. Doctor told to stay positive and wait for a week, it can go either way.
Had US today after a week and no HB was found.
I'm broken, have no idea what to do from here. We really want a baby.
Whatever happened did you find out? I kno this is an older post but I'm really worried. My lmp was 9/23 I found out on 10/25 I was pregnant. By my HCG levels the dr said I could only just barely be pregnant or my pregnancy was going the wrong way. Then I had an ultrasound on 10/27 and the tech said she only saw a empty sac measuring 5 weeks. Now yesterday I spotted just light brown after intercourse I went to the ER and they said I should be 8 wks and I was only measuring 5 weeks and 5 days and that I should get my HCG tested in 2 days and see my dr about a D&C but I have no cramping or pain not even during intercourse. Could the tech the first time just measured wrong or maybe I ovulated late?
hey
i found out 19/11/11 that i was approx 5 weeks,my G sac  measured at 10mm on this scan.
Had another scan to day as started spotting from 20/11/11,bleeding seems to be getting heavier but no clotting or cramping. Scan today showed no change of size for the G sac remained at 10mm. I pushed for blood test to measure HCG, had one today another is due 27/11/11. Scan booked for 1/12/11. i pray for good results!
best of luck
Hey how did u get on??
i am 9 weeks and went to the hospital for a scan and found that it woz only measuring at 5 weeks and that they couldnt get a heartbeat coz of how small the fetus is and told me to wait 2 weeks and then go back for another scan to see wots goin on see if the fetus has grown i have had slight bleeding and cramps thats why i went to the hospital in the first place does anyone out there think my baby stands a chance and that my baby mite just be a slow grower
Rest be strong & the rest is in the hands of god. Good luck.
I just found out on Friday that my baby has done the same thing, the fetus was only 6 weeks but the yolk sac was at 9 weeks. They have scheduled me for a D&C to remove the dead fetus, I still feel pregnant also due to still having morning sickness, weird cravings, and being on a emotional roller coaster! So I went browsing on the internet to seek my answers, I have found that in some pregnancies the yolk sac will grow much faster than the growing fetus which makes doctors think that it's a dead fetus. The only way to know if it is true (the fetus has stopped growing) is to wait and carry the fetus for longer to see if it might change, the risk of it though is the baby might actually be gone and the hopes that you had on t actually growing will be for nothing. I understand how you feel completely, after my u/s I was expecting them to say I had twins or something but I was sadly mistaken. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well for you!
Hi, I can definitely understand ur frustrations and confusion, I taken a hone pregnancy test and it came back positive, I was so excited so I went into the E.R to have it confirmed well as I had already found out the doctor tells me I was indeed pregnant. I was told to have a follow to make a follow up appt with an OBGYN in a couple of weeks, I scheduled an appt but before I could reach my appt date I had started spotting, so I'm frantic and panicking I went back to the E.R and they ran another pregnancy test and ordered an ultra sound by this time and date I was approximately 7&1/2 weeks. I was told their wasn't a heartbeat and my gestational sack was empty!! U was so heart broken and confused. I was then sent on a outpatient bases to have blood work done in a week to check HCG levels they were rising which was a good sign. But u was still told at that time I wasn't really pregnant I h had something of a blighted ovum something I've never heard of in my life!! Butbu was sure u gad to be pregnant, since I first started menstruating at the age of 12 I gave been on time every month never skipped a period ever. The bleeding didn't stop they said there wasn't any baby but two pt saids I was. I didn't have a D&C or anything they said it wasn't nessasary because I wasn't that far along anything that was there would pass in its own. So if I wasn't pregnant then what would pass through me? Till this very day all that remains a mystery to me, my heart goes out to you and my advice is wait it out see what happens and don't get thrown aside like I did without any diffinitive answers. Good luck I'll keep you in my prayers.
I've recently found out I'm pregnant again, at the time I found out this wonderful news I was told I was about 3-3&1/2 weeks gestation that was on 12/13/11 around 2weeks ago so I am around 5&1/2 weeks now my first appointment to my obgyn is in 3 weeks so @ my appointment date I should have a good strong heartbeat on my ultrasound God willing, I'm so looking forward to my little one and hearing his or her little ticker for the first time. Everyone please keep me in your prayers that all works out fine for me. And I will do just the same for you'll good luck guys.
this is my first pregnancy and i am 6 weeks 2 days. i started bleeding yesterday. i went in and had an ultrasound they said the babys heart rate was low and the sac was small in comparision to the baby. i have another ultrasound next week and the doctor said the baby might not be there anymore. i am scared out of my head and everyone tells me to just relax and not stress out but i dont know how i will deal if i lose this baby. i have so many friends that have children and no one else has had this happen. i feel really bad because i feel as though its my fault. i am jsut posting on here to let some stress out thanks for listening. and thanks for sharing your stories it helps me know im not alone
I am currently 9 weeks and the same thing is going on with me. I have been going to the Dr. for an ultra sound every week because they sac is small compared to the baby. I started going at week 7 and everything is still the same. I am having twins and this is only going on to one.. I say have faith...I even talk to my baby and tell him or her to be strong for me and pull through...
I went to the Dr yesterday and I'm suppose to be 12wks but the u/s said my sac was 7wks 5days and it was empty no baby I go bacc Monday for my results for my HCG levels I'm so nervous I don't know wat to do this is my first baby I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst anyone have advice?
my best friend is having a bit of trouble so ive been looking thru pages and pages of forums im sooooo glad i found this 1 and was wondering if anyone could give us some advice...... she went for an u/s 2wks ago and was told she was 6wks preg the could see a gestational sac and a foetal pole and all seemed normal but no heartbeat, so they told her to come back in 2 wks and see if it had grown, as she's had a miscarriage in the past. she went back today and still no heartbeat and the sac has decreased in size, shes had no bleeding or cramping and had all the normal pregnancy symptoms and she says she feels pregnant shes terrified they dont no what is going on and all the docs keep saying is "we'll have to test this and that and this and that" im tryin to be supportive and help her and be there for her i just feel terrible as her and her fiance have been trying for 3 yrs to concieve and my husband and i are 21wks pregnant with our first and we werent trying, i just feel like we got it so easy and all i want is for them to have a healthy bub finally as i love them to bitssss :)
Okay, i found out on January 12th that i was pregnant for the first time and they told me i was 6 weeks.  Two days ago i started bleeding and cramping and i went to the doctor yesterday.  After he did a vaginal ultra sound he said that egg isn't measuring like im 7 1/2 weeks and that i had two options, (1) that im not 7 1/2 weeks or (2) the egg isn't developing like it should be.  He wanted to take blood that day and then i go back on Friday to give more blood so he can test my levels.  I am still bleeding and scared to death.  Please tell me someone has had a good outcome with the stuff going on with me.
Ideas anyone? I had an extremely irregular period that lasted two weeks with only spotting but two heavier days on the 6th and 7th of January so I've been using that as my LMP. I saw the doctor for a routine exam on the 18th and was told that I had recently ovulated (which confused me because it was only 10-11 days since my supposed last period). On the 8th of February I tested positive and again on the 11th. I had an u/s on the 13th which dated the pregnancy at 4w 6d (again, confusing if I ovulated before the 18th). The gestational sac measured at 2mm so the doctor scheduled another ultrasound for the 21st of Feb. On the night of the 19th I noticed a tiny bit of brown on the tissue when I wiped so naturally I called the doctor who had me come in today for another check. This time I was really confused! The u/s now shows 2 gestational sacs! The only problem is that the first sac (which is slightly larger than the second) is still only measuring 2mm a week later! both sacs are too small to see anything so the doctor ordered blood tests which I am currently waiting for the results for. So my question is, has anyone else experienced this? I am so worried right now but the doctor said everything looked normal, no blood, no extra fluid, good endometrium and placement of the sacs, long and closed cervix, just the gestational sac measuring the same as last week. She said it's not bad, but its not good either. Anything from you ladies???
I went in to the hospital because i had spotting. I thought i was well around 13 weeks because 8weeks before tht thy told me i was 5 so I went to the hospital for my spotting and they are saying i show about 7 weeks and the yolk sac  is there but not the size its suposed to...my hormone level was 3000...Idk if the bby will be ok..the bleeding has minimized and i never even felt any cramping...idk if  should worry im so confused?
Thanks for this post. I just ahd a ultrasound done and the doctor said that my sac is 8 weeks but my baby is 6 weeks 2 days. he thinks there is a problem and I am so worried. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks I pray everything is ok with the baby. I did see a heart beat but it was 87 bpm.
HI I am in the exact same predicament as you. This is my 6th pregnancy and I went for my u/s yesterday all the doctor told me was "it is very small", which leaves me little hope. I am supposed to be 6 weeks 4 days from LMP (so 4 weeks 4 days since conception) and I have been an emotional wreck.  The doc sent me for blood work to test my hcg levels and told me to come back in 2 days.  I cant keep going through this pain.  All of the tests they have done on me have come back negative the doctors cant figure out what is wrong with me and keep telling me to keep trying since I have no problem getting pregnant I just cant maintain the pregnancies. Did the doctors tell you what could be wrong?? I am searching for answers anything would help..
God Bless
Mel
*also no heartbeat was detected at first u/s and I couldnt see anything...
So i found out i was pregnant at the end of March, the clinic said im was 5weeks, well now 8weeks pregnant and ive been bleeding, cloting and some cramping. I went to the ER to found out what is going on and they did an ultrasound and come to find out my sac looks empty.Also they say i have a cyst on my right overy. The doctors tell me that it is a threated miscarriage and to be prepared for the worse, but im not ready to prepare myself for a miscarriage because i have two little boys already and nothing like this has happened to me before. I need to know if I still have a chance that i will soon see a baby in my sac and still have a normal and fine pregnancy. Im really scared and have been crying and thinking the worse, ive been searching the internet like crazy, has anything like this happened to anyone and still delivered there baby when they were supposed to?
i went in to docs for cyst so they made me take a pt to make sure i wasnt before she gave me pain meds, well turned out i was pregnant. my hcg levels put me at 4 to 5 weeks and they were rising like normal. Had a altrasound and they meassured the sac at 5 weeks 5 days then 5 weeks 1 day..... now i have nurses telling me im 5 weeks but only been pregnant for 3 weeks and other nurses saying no im 5 weeks according to my sac everything looked normal they said.. so now im very confused how far am i and if i were only 3 weeks how in the heck could they even see anything. i thought u had to be atleast 5 weeks to see anything..... Someone pls help me???? how far am i and witch nurses are the quacks???
I am also having a difficult time right now. i am supposed to be 8wks and 2days today. i started bleeding and cramping last thursday and went to the ER. everything confirmed that i am pregnant, but the u/s showed only 5wks and my hcg levels were only 496. the ER dr told me that i was having a threatened miscarriage and put me on bedrest for 2wks but told me to see my OBGYN in 4-5days. i have an appnt today at 1:45pm and i am terrified of what i might see or hear. or not hear for that matter. this is my 3rd child and i have never had a miscarriage before. my husband and i actually planned this pregnancy while my other 2 boys were not planned. why would this happen when i want it so bad? does anyone have any words of encouragement or have been thru a similar situation? good luck to all of you. i hope everything works out for all of it as well as myself today.
Im the same way they told me my due date was september 11 since my last menstrual period was december 6 and now they change it to august 15 because my ultrasound is showing that im 24 weeks not 22 from my counts and what the doctor had told me. I need help tooo!!
Have you heard any more? I am going through a similar situation and freaking out!
I have a healthy daughter that had a great pregnancy. She is just over 2 years.
My husband and I had a miscarriage that forced us to have a d&c at 12 weeks in february. We found out we were pregnant again in march.
i thought i was about 7 weeks and i started to bleed a little and went right to the dr. the dr saw nothing but clots. i went back 2 other times that week (mon, wed and fri of last week) and my hcg is rising but only by a little. so the dr told me to wait a week and come back. the embryo sac only grew one days worth of growing in the past 6 days. im freaking out, but he suggested that i could wait another week if i would be more comfortable with it, apparently i am only measuring at 5 weeks and 5 days. i should be 9 weeks now.
please keep me posted on your story!
Well my period was end of March. My due date is Jan 3rd. I had a light pick spotting twice last weekend after going to bathroom. No biggy but still called dr and he wanted to see me. Said he felt all was well but did HCG it came back 47000. good for 7 weeks 6 days pregnant by what he said he felt all was ok but now going to do ultrasound to give me reassurance. WELLLLLLL no reassurance there because it only showed sac and it measured about 5 weeks 4 days. My OBGYN called me today and hes so sweet told me hes not giving up hope on my baby that he believes dates are just off. I am spotting again today not bad and its not like blood blood its just pinkish colored but still concerned!
Hey eveyone .Im going through something I wish I wasnt..Im 8 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding for almost 3 weeks not not heavy bleefing but bleeding...I went to the emergency room on may 9 and they did blood test and a ultrosound theu check my cervix and my blood and everything was fine...I went back to the emergency room 2 days ago cause im was still bleeding and the doctors did all the same test as the last time except the ultrasound and everything was fine again...Today I go back to the emergency and they check all over again this time they did another ultrasound and they saw that my baby is still the size of a 5 week sac and they couldnt hear the heartbeat....That it looks like Im having a spontaneous miscarriage :'( they said I have to go back monday and see ...Is it possible that maybe my baby could live? :(
Hi everyone,it's comforting to know that there are other people out there going through the same thing mentally. I have had spotting on and off for weeks now and on Friday last week i bleed a lot. My husband took me to the ED and they did my bloods and they were 5860 for 7 weeks and 5 days. they had risen from 1100 the previous Friday. I had an ultrasound on Monday and they saw a gestational sac but no baby or heartbeat or yolk sac and the gestational sac size indicated 5 weeks and 4 days when i should be 8 weeks. I had more bloods done on Monday and they had risen again to 6926. I now have to wait until Thursday next week for another scan to indicate if the baby is growing (viable pregnancy they call it!?! of course its viable i'm attached to baby and have symptoms). Its amazing that with modern medicine that no one can seem to tell us what is going on. Spotting is still continuing. I'm really worried. We didn't plan baby we were just taking things as they cam and figured when it was our time it would happen. I am hoping that our baby is just a slow grower especially as i have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid also since finding out im pregnant. Some drs seem to think that my tyhroid won't affect baby and others think it would slow down their growing but that's okay. Let me know if anyone else has the same.
Im in the same boat according to my last lmp I should be 7 weeks but due to brown spottin had to go for an early ultrasound were is was told I'm measuring 5 weeks have to go back next week so im a bit worried incase theres been no development
I am in the same situation as you. I have been spotting for a week and was told today that my gestational sac was small. I am soooo discouraged right now. I hope and pray this baby is okay but i also wish that if i were going to miscarry it would just happen so I could move on. I dont know if I should be preparing myself for a miscarriage or if i should be happy about a new baby. Good luck to you.
my embryo measured 7wks but the sac measured 5 wks, I have to wait a week for an ultrasound...so nervous
I am 37 yrs old. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage last October @ 8wks.  I am currently pregnant (according o LMP, 6w5d) and had an ultrasound on Tuesday.  The doctor had a hard time locating the gestational sac and when she did, there was not heartbeat. She said my lining was very thick and that there were several large cysts on my cervix.  She also said the sac was measuring a week behind.  I have another u/s scheduled for Thursday, the 11th.  I am so devastated that I am going to have to go through the same thing I went through last year.  It's like reliving my nightmare all over again. Possibly worse. At this point, just praying that I had a late implantation and that it was just too soon to see anything.  The worst part is the waiting and the wondering.  We've been trying for over 10 yrs, 5 different doctors, 7 IUIs, lots of disappointments... I am desperate!
The gestational sac for my son went from 9-11 days behind the embryo on ultrasounds weeks 7, 8 and 9.  He was born with no problems and is doing well.   I know it's so stressful and scary to go through all of that, but just wanted to let you know that it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Much luck to you!
hi im in the same situation at this moment..iam 6.4 week pregnant and dr told me a week back that the gestation sac is 4mm at 5.5 weeks..iam so worried..can u tell me what happened to you.
hi im in the same situation at this moment..iam 6.4 week pregnant and dr told me a week back that the gestation sac is 4mm at 5.5 weeks..iam so worried..can u tell me what happened to you "lozz"
I am suppose to be only six weeks pregnant but my gestational sac is huge i have had four kids already and i have already went from a size 3 pants to a size 5 pants and i am huge. what do yall think?
Hi Girls... The only Ultra sound that is accurate is the 12 week scan.....anything before (or after the 12 week scan)...bar a few days can be up to 2 weeks out!!!!!

Also many girls work out how far on they are from their last period , this is correct but not everyone ovulates 14 days later.....some girls ovulate 20 days after the period starts....then they may not conceive for 4/5 days after that (as sperm can live for that long in the vagina) we could conceive a few days after sex whilst sitting at work!!

just remember these early scans are a very rough guess, your dates are prob more accurate.
I was told i was 10 weeks pregnant i went to the er today a.d told them i was cramping but im not i just wanted my ultrasound early.they say sack is measuring 7 eeeks and cnt detect a fetal heart beat.
Hi all,
I found out 4 weeks ago I was pregnant and it's just been a constant nightmare since, my levels are creeping up incredibly slowly 300-580-800-1080-1400 they were in a few days of each other and then 2700 and 3600 which were in a week of each other, at first they thought I had an eptopic pregnancy then that was ok, then it was my levels not going up fast enough and then today I went for my second scan and there was a baby's heartbeat they put me at 6w6d but the sac is about a week behind, they told me things are not looking good and to prepare for the worst which I have, the baby keeps hanging on though but every time I go in to see them there is another complication. So exhausting I'm just waiting to miscarry and every time I get my hopes up there something else wrong. Wish everyone all the best and hoping things go well
It could just be that your ovulation was off. I just saw the Dr yesterday and I am supposed to be 8 weeks 5 days but baby measures at 6 weeks! I was using opks and I had 5 positive days in a row so I know that my ovulation was not normal. The Dr said I probably just got pregnant at the end of that 5 day period. Did the ultrasound show a strong heartbeat? Usually that would be a positive sign that everything is fine and ovulation was just late. Stay positive!
How did things turn out for you??
My ultrasound said I was 5weeks by the gestational sac but I should only b going on 3weeks im COnfused will someone please explain how this is