Heavy bleeding during pregnancy
Okay--I am a bit freaked out. My husband and I had been trying for 18 months to get pregnant, and as we were going in for a laporoscopy, we found out we were pregnant. I am 7 weeks (but measuring 6W2D). I have had bleeding and spotting the WHOLE TIME. I have had 2 ER trips with clots the size of golf balls--anyway--they found the following: a polyp on my cervix, and a sub chorionic bleed in my uterus. The baby is measuring fine ( my levels were 22,000 on Sat.), and the heartbeat was 119. Has ANYONE experienced both of these things??

ALSO--to those new mom's out there experiencing the true scare of bleeding, there was an explanation for me (two in fact). BUT, I had to keep asking questions.
Hey, how far along are you? I am at 11 weeks, 4 days and @ 8 weeks I bleed alot and had some pain, went in for a scan and heard the strong heartbeat, everything was good.  I spotted on and off since then until last week I started getting really heavy flows and cramps like I had knives in my stomach and unbearable lower back pain, sometimes 10 various sizes of clots per day and because of it I am completely exhausted.  I go tomorrow for my ultrasound to make sure everything is okay still.  With all the stories that turned out good I cling to them for hope, I am counting the hours until my scan... funny how you can fall in love with someone who looks like a jellybean : )  Goodluck to you, I hope all is well for you now as it is a month later.

Mel

im currently 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant i went for my 12 week scan today and the baby was healthy and doing everything normally there wasn't any concern. i've been coughing for the past few days and tonight when i went to the bathroom i noticed when i wipped down there slight blood it only lasted a few seconds and stopped and now im concerned. this happen to me about 2 weeks ago at 10 weeks pregnant and i went to my gp and he sent me for an ultra sound and the baby was fine and had the same thing as this time.. should i be concerned and should i see a gp again?? or can coughing cause light spotting?? someone please help me asap :( :(
i have been bleeding almost constantly for 4 months, i only stop for a day or two at a time then i'm bleeding heavy again for weeks at a time. it's dark blood with big dark clots. I am gaining weight and look pg, but i still have many doubts. i got throught pads like crazy.

I feel scared because i bleed so much. My fiancee and i have been trying to have a child for almost 3 years now, but no luck. I don't know what to do.
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant off and on for about a year.  Recently we have been trying each month.  Up until this point I have had fairly regular periods that are "normal" and last about five days.  Three weeks ago I started bleeding.  Two weeks after my last period ended.  It started out light, but after two weeks got very heavy and I started passing clots.  I have had no cramping at all.  I finally went to my doctor and took a pregnancy test there.  It was positive so he had me do a blood test.  My HCG levels were 950, which is consistent with a pregnancy of five weeks.  I go back in the morning to get another blood test.  If it is high enough, I will go in for an ultrasound, otherwise if it goes down or is about the same, that will show that I've miscarried.  Not sure whether to be hopeful or not.  I can't help but get excited, but I've been bleeding now for over three weeks straight and did not experience any of this with my first pregnancy.  Worried.
Okay, well i'm only 14 years old.. very young, i know. but that's why i worry. today is the 2nd of december, on the 20th of november i had unprotected sex. On the 30th i had light bleeding and signs of spotting. so i was kind of nervous, then yesterday it started getting very heavy and pieces of what seem to be tissue are passing, i haven't stopped bleeding, its very heavy& idk what to think, its not my normal period that much i know. My boobs have been tender& i've been sleeping a lot, which is odd for me. I don't feel good right now& i may actually go take a nap? my ? is, is this my period, or could i be pregnant!?
Hi guys ;) I'm 18 ok and recently iv been eperiencing things with my body that has never happened before, like breast we're in agony for like a week , I had what I think was a period althogh it only lasted 3 days , I feels sick :@ , I'm moody, really tired, need to pee and also craving food I woldnt normally eat ie ( chicken) lol, I can't stand curry makes me sick usually loved it do you guys think I should test? Can't tell mum shed go mad lol, also if I am pregger I'd be roughly 5 to 6 weeks. Sorry about the spelling. Also brooke, I'd advise you to tell some1 like a big sister or an older person in general theyl be supportive , I'm not that luckey lol xo
Hi everyone .. Me and my boyfriend are trying for out first ... But I'm confused ... I'm ten days late .. And were both fertile and been intimate on fertile days ... Except when I was 3 days late we had a urine test ... Negative !! But doctor said come back on a week on case it's to early .. Except I woke up yesterday morning with the worse cramps making me sick from the pain ... Then I bleed heavy for an hour then off ... Then later again .. Has anyone had this before ... Or dose anyone know what's going on ... I'm really worried as I was showing signs of pregnancy ... I'm sure im pregnant .. So what's going on please help ... Hari x
hi everyone... im having this problem that keeps me confusing...
i had  beta-hcg level of 94.23 on 11/18,
28.5 on 11/21
88.35 on 12/3
i have ovarian cyst on right and have thin uterus lining.
my last normal period was oct 3 and started bleeding of dark brown on oct 31 with severe cramping then the following days are a little spotting constantly..And on nov.26 and 27 im bleeding with tissues with no pain and stopped on dec 1 and 2. I had my ultrasound on dec. 3 and there still ovarian cyst on my right and my HCG became 88.35. And I continue of brown discharge again and still have no pain... can someone give me an advise? because im so depressed of what is happening with me... like everyone, i want also a peace of mind and want to be in normal again... :( thank you in advance...
i had my period back in oct.28th,then after couple months,i had spotting for 3 days...So i was expecting to start my period around nov.27th or the 28th. But it didnt happen. I tryed to take a pregnancy test,it came out possitive but the line was really light! After 6 days,i start bleeding just like my normal period..Its been 5 days now,but i am still spotting but its really dark color...I dont know if i was pregnant and had miscarriage or im still pregnant...hope u can help me to answer all my thoughts.thank you
hi dkkr...faint color in 2nd line of pregnancy test is positive..i hope it is implantation bleeding... but i think you should see a doctor so you will have the best answer... gudluck to your pregnancy! :) always pray... :)
i keep bleeding with blood clots & im scared iwent to doctors and they told me to wait for my blood results im really scared i get alot of cramping & bleeding :(
Hi I am nine weeks pregnant and had early spotting with my current pregnancy. It was very light off and on for a while.Then it stopped for a while. However, Thursday night I had some cramping and decided to lay down and call it a night. I woke up at about 2 am and noticed light bleeding. I went to work a 6 am and was fine. After arriving to work 20 min later, I started bleeding heavily and passed a few blood clots. I was scared that I was miscarrying. I called my fiance and then the answering service at the doctor's office. My fiance convinced me to go to the ER and not wait.

I never got a call back from the doctor so I decided to take myself to the ER. I had blood drawn, urine culture, and ultrasound, and an ultrasound with a probe. The baby was fine and no signs of separation from the uterine wall. They told me to be on bedrest for the next few days and follow up with my OB.

So I went home and a few hours later while I was sleeping I felt this gush. when I got out of bed my shorts were soaked in a redish brown color of blood. My fiance came home from work and took me back to the ER. They ran more blood tests but decided that I didn't need another ultrasound based on the one I already had earlier. So they sent me home and told me to get a hold of my OB and follow up with him again on Monday. My OB and the ER doctor was saying that there is possibly a problem with my uterus and that the the bleeding will pass and they said my baby is fine.

That same night I came home and that same night I continued bleeding and passed more blood clots and passed a huge clot. I am scared that i may have miscarried, but don't know for sure. I still urinate as I normally do and my breasts still hurt. I am worried still. Has anyone else experienced this in theri pregnancies?????
Hi my name is Sue I'm
41 and found out a week ago I'm pregnant 7 weeks today. Since yesterday I've had cramps then a pink spotting which turned brown now it's like a heavy period I'm going for a  scan tomorrow at the epu but the cramps are bad so I feel I'm miscarrying. I had mmc at 12 weeks in June that was hell so I'm scared  reading some of your stories make me feel a bit more positive but did anyone who had bleeding like a period and cramps go on to have a successful pregnancy. My heart goes out to you all x
I'm 30yrs. old and 5 weeks pregnant with my first child.   I'm having scary complications since Dec 23 this week I've had to go to the MW bleeding (first time was moderate, second time was heavier than a period). Cramps have been mild to severe. Both times I thought for sure I was having a miscarriage, but when I got to the Doc. she suggested a blood test to se my hormone labels. and I should rest as much as I can ,I, being resting from Dec23 past Christmas on bed  . The whole thing has been traumatic -- I think it would be much easier to have a miscarriage and start over, but instead we're in this strange limbo.. If you've had a similar experience, I'd love to hear about it. Did you do bed rest? Did you end up having a miscarriage? Did you end up having the baby? What should I know?
Hi my name is Jessica i i am 8 weeks and i am experiencing excruiating cramps and heavy dark bleeding with clots in it...went to the ER and the doc did an ultrasound and saw a heartbeat but i have to wait til the 30 th for another ultrasound but im losing my mind til then. please anyone else experience this?
Hi Everyone,
My experience is a little different than most of yours, as I am a surrogate for my brother and his wife and am now pregnant with their twins. (I had an embryo transfer.) I had light bleeding, ranging from spotting to enough to fill a light-day panty liner, 5-6 different times accompanied by cramps from 4 weeks to 10 weeks. Every time, I went in and saw sweet little babes doing well on the ultrasound. I then had very heavy bleed one night, without cramps, when I was 15 weeks. I woke up with my underwear and pants soaked with blood, more than enough to soak through a large pad. I went to the emergency clinic immediately and again, both babies were fine. I had a subchorionic hematoma on one of the placentas. I was told it would likely be fine, that I would probably see more bleeding for the next several weeks, but that there was a slight chance for complications such as placental abruption, miscarriage, etc. It is scary to hear those things, but reassuring to hear that in most cases, the bleeding resolves by 18-20 weeks. To make the rest of the story short, I had light spotting that tapered off throughout the next week, a tiny bit of brown spotting 2 weeks later, then nothing since. I am 23 weeks pregnant now, and my ultrasound today showed two big, healthy boys with no sign of trouble with either placenta and a nice, tightly closed, long cervix. I was so incredibly worried throughout this entire pregnancy, but things are looking so good at this point. Stay positive, get as much rest as you can, and do not give up hope!  Bleeding at any point during pregnancy is terrifying, but things can turn out well!!!
Hi, I'm 19 and 6 weeks pregnant with my first. I started having really light spotting on Tuesday and by today, thursday it got really heavy and bright red with extremely painful cramps. Yet by Thursday night it'd gone light again to a pinky colour with cramping still but not as bad. I went for an ultrasound but they said after recieving my blood results they wouldnt expect to see anything due to how early it is. Im convinced I've miscarried but I'm scheduled in Saturday morning for follow up bloods. I'm hoping for the answer I want but I really don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? if so, how did it end? Thoughts are with all who have lost their little one
I am 19 weeks pregnant with my first set of twins I went to the the er last night because of hevy bleeding with no cramping. I did pass a clot not sure what it was. They did an ultrasound babies are perfect, they checked my cervix it's closed . They stil don't know where it's coming from :/ glad to hear others are like me god bless all
i am 6 weeks preg today and found out on friday morning while i done a hpt. this morning i done another one just to make sure and ot was still positive but faint. me and my partner then had sex and he noticed i was bleeding, only a small amount at first but now its a lot and a few small clots! i am realy worried and intend to see my gp tomorrow has anyone exerienced anything like this and could put my mind at rest? would be much appreciated xxxx
I'm preg 9 weeks and 1day. I started out with like a slight pinkish colored bleeding lastnight it is extremly red and heavy this morning I passed aclot. I have endometrios could that. Be cause of my heavy bleeding I'm young and afraid of miscarring this is my 2nd child but mine and husbands first. What do I do or shall I think foor that matter? Praying for you all as well in Jesus name.
if u have a normal baby just tell me bcoz i am also suffering from similar.
my mail id is
***@****
i am worried plz help me.
Manisha Mann
I'm 6wks & 4dys. Three days ago I went to the ER because I started spotting which turned into heavy bleeding with clots. My hCG level dropped to 167.9 and I'm really worried. The doctor said there's slight chance of hope. The bleeding has stopped for now. I have a Dr. Appt on Friday to see what's going on. Has anyone experienced this before? If so what was your outcome. Because I'm really worried. I just want my baby to be okay.
Hi I'm about 4 weeks and I took a test about 5 days before my cycle started and it was + then I took a test the day before my cycle started and it was still + the next day my cycle started. Its heavy and I have clots and very miled cramps. Am I pregnant or not
i am also having this very same issue right now.. I am supposedly 5 weeks pregnant.. found out on friday and then that monday started bleeding really heavy.. so i too went to ER and found out that either im "partially pregnant", not sure what that means or I may have miscarried due to all the blood.  Dr. claims that my cervix is closed so he didnt know for sure, if i was still with embryo or not.. He did another Hcg test and it was a little lower than 3 days before.. im afraid i may miscarry soon.. im trying to brace myself for the worst but hope for the best.. this is my first pregnancy ever at 37.. boo!
3 home pregnancy test shows positive, 2weeks late for period, tender breasts, going to the toilet a log, started heavily bleeding today with extremely sore back, went to doctors they checked that Its negative and it's not a miscarriage either. I'm confused has that happened to anyone else? Please reply back ASAP thanks x
hey im currently 5 weeks pregnant right now and just went to the Er with the same exact problem, people is saying that im miscarrying but for somereason i dont believe them cuz my cramps are not as bad as they should be is i was having a miscarrage i do have some back pain but im not in pain to were i cant handle it, im just puttin all my faith in god right now that my baby makes it,,,
hi my last period was on jan 30. last march14 i took an over the counter pregnancy test and it came out positive yesterday (march 17) i started bleeding. and today (march18) the bleeding got worst it has some clotting and an elongated thing (i dont know if its blood) was also in it. i havent go to a doctor. i read all the things posted here and some resulted to miscarriage. i dont want to lose the baby. i am really afraid, can anyone tell me here if its normal to bled like that. do i need to go to a docor?
I am bleeding a lot. I don't have any clothes tho. I have no idea what's going. I had a miscarrage my frist time but I still feel pregant.
I am seven works pregnant with my first child. Ten days ago, I noticed brown discharge when I wiped. Called my ob, he assured me it was fine. Three days later, I noticed some pink blood when I wiped. Nothing on my underwear or anything, just when I wipe. I called my ob again, and again he assured me everything was ok. The whole week off and on, I would spot and then stop. Yesterday, I called my ob again, this time they told me to come on in today. Last night, the blood turned bright red and is in the toilet when I pee. This morning I passed a tiny rust colored clot, then went back to the bright red bleeding. Now I am using pantiliners to catch stray drops of blood. I saw the doc today and he did an u/s and I saw my little bean's heartbeat. He reassured me once again, and put me on antibiotics. I am also on pelvic rest and am to rest as often as possible. He did not give me a reason for the bleeding. I feel a bit better because I saw the heartbeat, and I have a couple of friends who spotted during early pregnancy. What has me worried is the bright red blood. Any other women have a similar experience? This is my first pregnancy, so I can't help but worry. Thanks and God bless
i found out im pregnant neally a week ago and the doctor thinks im around abt 6 weeks and 2 days .Just yesturday night i started bleeding light then got heavier so went to ER and took my blood ,heart rate and blood pressure and also a wee sample .All they said was that my heart and blood pressure is good and if i aint passing clots or very bad cramping then its normall and to come back if it lasts more then 2 days .In the morning it stopped and has started again looks like a period on and off but i havent had any clots and belly just feels same as usall i have a scan to check everything in 3 days im going out of my mind and im so convinced i have lost it already !!!!
I am about 4 weeks pregnant don't have a appointment with my doctor till Thursday the 17th of may I took a digital test on may 1st but Monday may 7th I had brown stuff in my underwear when I woke up the following Tuesday afternoon I started bleeding no cramps till later in the day today the bleeding is still there like a period cramps and all but not over powering I did miss my period for the mOnth of April I'm worried and freaked out its my first pregnancy
Also had some clots
My period was 8 days late and I was having pregnancy symptoms. Fatigue and nausea. Took a HPT and it came out negative. 2 days later I started having a little bit of brown discharge. The next day there was more pink blood and then the next 3 days I had heavy bleeding, clots, and cramping. My husband and I were really discouraged, we've been TTC for 8 months. The bleeding ended about 4 days ago but I still have symptoms. Could I be pregnant? Or am I just psyching myself out? Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
Hi im currently pregnant and well i found out on a day i got hit by a car. Pretty scary finding out like that but this is all new to me im 18 years old and pregnant with my first child. I started bleeding last night and immediately started freaking out i woke up this morning hoping for it to be gone but to my disappointment it got heavier it feels n looks like a regular period and iam just scared is there anyone who has a similar story or who can help me.
Hello, Im 18 years young, a freshmen college student and I just found out I was pregnant. I had went the ER a week ago for illness with body aches,pain in my stomach, and just didnt feel good......They told me I was pregnant, they didnt say exactly how far along but just a couple of weeks, so small you couldnt see. a couple of days after i went to womens clinc to get another test, just to be sure and it was postive as well. So after that I get into Im becoming a mommy sense. Me and my current boyfriend did have sexual intercourse and after there was some pinkish spotting but it stopped after like 5mins after that. The next morning we had another sexual intercourse and it started again with the light bleeding. Later on that day I felt terrible and went to the ER and they gave me a pelvic exam and took some blood,,and found myself wearing super pads because of the heavy bleeading and clots...it been for about two days....Im filling up a super pad no wings in 10mins......everyone Ive talked to said thats not good....I go see my OBGYN tomorrow to see if the levels of something is causing a miscarriage or something is going on.
Hi, I've never been pregnant before but since I've been with my bf four wks ago, I started experiencing all the symptoms of pregnancy. Swollen breasts but they weren't sore, frequent urination, constipation, fatigue, etc. I took a test 4 days before my period was due but it was neg. I can't help but feel like I'm pregnant. Now 2 days later I started some light bleeding, pink and brownish in color. However, now the bleeding is heavier with cramps but no where near the consistency of my regular period. So I'm at a loss as to what to expect. The pregnancy symptoms haven't really gone away but I wonder if that is just wishful thinking. I'm not filling up a pad but the flow is somewhat heavy. However, my regular period which is always consistent, is nothing like this, its always the same and I'm not passing any clots which I always do, along with tissue. It's thought that I may have endo, which is why my cramps are bad now but still the bleeding isn't consistent with my normal period.

So, I can't help but wonder if I'm pregnant and if this is just some kind of breakthrough bleeding. I plan on taking a test after the bleeding stops, just to see. But I really felt pregnant so I am really concerned, because I really wanted this to work. The messed up part about this is that I just got dropped from my mom's insurance and I've had to pick up my own but it won't be active until november, so I can't see a doc just yet and if I go to the ER, what am I suppose to tell them? I think I'm pregnant and I think I may be having a miscarriage? My nerves are such a wreck because I don't know what to think.

Any comments would really help.

Any comments would really help.
I'm haven a slight problem I had my last period Oct 27 me and my hubby had sex Nov 2 3 and 5 all unprotected but yesterday (Nov 23) I started bleeding really heavy wit little clots and am not expecting my period til the 27 but I'm hoping to be pregnant whats happeing
Well I think I may be about 4 weeks and I had a light period with cramps & then it got a little heavier but not even close to as heavy as it used to be. I have had bright red blood. 'm really not sure what to think. Is it normal to get a period or I think it's a period..
I am 6wks pregnant and last Tuesday I saw what was like the beginning of a period. I was devastated and was torn to pieces. I called my Gp who said I was having a miscarriage. On Wednesday even more mess coming out but not blood, I was in tears on the phone to my Gp who saw me for a chat. No examination just assured me I was miscarrying. He booked me with emergency gynae for a check and scan on thursday. Urine sample was positive for pregnancy. The u/s showed a small sac but was told it is too small for 6wks and looked abt 4wks old. They took blood and had to wait. Then Friday night I did not sleep as I was cramping way too much, it was so painful. I called emergency doctor went to see them but all je gave me was paracetamol for pain but to let it all happen. I spent the Friday resting and crying. I was passing huge tough tissue, a bit squeshy but quite tough. Today Saturday went for blood test to check the hormones are going down. From the blood taken on Thursday my progesterone was lower than that to sustain a pregnancy and my hcg levels were not for 6wks but 4wks pregnancy. My mum and I are praying hard that there is something left in me that is still growing.
Saturday i missed my period, by Wednesday i took 3 preg tests and they all came out positive. I called my local obgyn office and set up my first appt for monday. The very next day i felt like something was wrong. A pain/numbing feeling on my left side
Belly down my leg. I called they got me in that day for a u/s. They saw the sac where the baby is but above t they saw a mass. Doc said it was free flowing fluid/blood. Little concerned they sent me for blood work. Hcg was 319. Told me to wait till monday. That night at work i started bleeding very heavily. Went to the er was examined and told my cervix is closed it was concerned a threaten abortion. To all my doc office in the morning. Doc office said to wait till monday all weekend i was cramping and bleeding bad!!! Went in today (monday) and my hcg is now 609. Im still bleeding like a period. Help!! Anyone have this. Was told now i have to wait another 72 hours for blood work.
I am 5wks 6d. I started spotting on Saturday. It was bright pinkish reddish spotting. Later that evening it turned to bleeding as a normal period with blood clots. I went to the ER and they checked my levels, gave me an ultrasound, and pelvic exam. They saw nothing. The Dr said that either the pregnancy ended earlier (chemical pregnancy), it could be another ectopic (had one 2 yrs ago), or that it could be just too early to see anything. They sent me home and asked me to go back for labs that Monday. I went for hcg levels then went home. My Husband kept praying and prophetically speaking over the pregnancy & our child. So, my testimony is, my levels doubled, my baby is perfect and we're blessed by God! Ladies, bleeding and blood clots does not mean it's the end. Women have normal babies all the time that bleed the whole 9 months. Be not dismayed or allow negative thoughts take over your mind. Cast negative thoughts & emotions out as 2 Cor. 10:5 declares. Also speak those things that be not (or seem odd) as though they were. I pray that this will encourage a Mother. My Husband and I have been married for 8 years. Our first pregnancy ended in an ectopic. Now 2 years later we're pregnant again and finally are about to have our first child. To God be the glory! Amen.
I need help , I'm a month pregnant and I'm bleeding if I were on my period ???
Hello, I was just wondering. When you heard your little ones heartbeat how far along were you? Thank you in advance
I too discovered I was miraculously carrying twins at 6wk and 2 days in a visit to my OBG. Both had great heart beats per minutes thanks to God. Shortly after the visit I started bleeding/spotting lightly which led to heavy bleeding with clots and what not but no cramping or less-really scary. My Evangelist, husband and I prayed and continuously for God’s intervention. I did a follow-up visit two weeks after the initial one with my OBG and an ultrasound showed an empty womb, I have miscarried the twins. Am still bleeding or spotting lightly brownish. What shocking news and sadness and confusion replaced our miraculous joy. We really want two more kids-we already have our lovely blessing from God, our beautiful boy 2 years old. Yet, reading the blogs and account of some of the women with experiences similar to mine, who prayed to and hoped in God and miracle of life continued in their womb-inspite of doctors telling them they’ve miscarried only to discover later they are still pregnant is giving me so much HOPE in God. Assuringly, whatever the lots may be God will make a way, in Jesus’ name AMEN!!!
At 13 weeks pregnant i suddenly started to bleed very heavily, pouring, went to Liverpool womens hospital in an ambulance. I was told at the hospital after being examined by a midwife and doctor that i had miscarried, i was then put on a drip to make my womb contract to remove anything remaining and scheduled for a D and C the next day, i was in complete shock and foolishly trusted the professional experts of whoms care i was in. The next day the midwife in charge decided i should have a scan, i had lost so much blood she thought maybe a D+C wouldnt be necessary. That midwife saved my little boys life, he is now three years old and his strong will and stubborness may have saved his life as the drip i had been put on could have caused a miscarriage! I immediately thought the worst how could i bleed so much and my baby be alive, why would i question the expert professionals they do this every day. I still feel guilt over my trust even though i had a happy ending it could have been so different x
Hi my Name Is Janet I'm 1 Week And 4 days And I had heavy bleeding during. My pregnancy I'm worried And im about to break down in tear hoping everything Good with me in my little one. Can anyone help me
I am 6 weeks and 5 days with my second baby I started bleeding at 4 but it was only light bleeding then at 7 it started to get heavy and iv now got back and belly pains they told me that I have gotan water infection I am booked in for a scan 2morrow to see if the baby is okcan someone help and put my mind at ease as I am really scare I have been given some tablets for the infection thanks