High risk pregnancy - over weight
My doctor is always threatening me that I'm overweight..I'm at 29 weeks of pregnancy..  My height is 157cm and weight 95kg..even yesterday she told me that can't do even c-section easily and The anesthetic doctor won't give anesthesia if the same or weight gain occurs till delivery.. I'm not feeling comfortable about her.. Bcz not eating much.. It's my heredity.. But she is always blaming me.. What can I do?..can I change OB or need to reduce weight..
If she does not make you feel conformable i would definitely find a new ob. Im not exactly at a great weight but my ob assured me staying healthy in not gaining to much to fast was ok.
Thanks a lot
Of course you can change drs and I would do so asap! We hire them they work for us not the other way around. I had to fire my first Dr bc he was so rude, rushed me, wouldn't answer my questions, gave the same generic answer for everything I walked out feeling belittled. I switched drs, it took 2 more tried until I found the right one :)! Don't stop until you are safe and happy.
Ohh!! Thank you.. Really useful info from you
change doc
Change doc no need to see doc who makes u feel uncomfortable. With my first child I gained 40 pounds and my doc always made me feel comfortable
Yes.. I'm not feeling Comfortable and can't sleep at the nights bcz of the fear... Thanks for your answer
Yes, you can try to change doctors. It's not always easy though as once a women is at a certain point in pregnancy, for liability reasons, many doctors will not accept the mother as a new patient. You may need to make some calls. I have a good friend who is very overweight, obese. Most women in that position either gain little to no weight or actually lose weight during pregnant. That is quite common. So it sounds like coming into the pregnancy you were heavier. I gained a lot of weight in my first pregnancy. I bought into the whole eating for two thing. I had always watched what I ate and that food freedom felt great. Lol. Whew, did I have to work to get it off though! There are risks to obesity in pregnancy and health in general. Your doctor should not demean you or place blame but help you if you need it. Even with genetics and such, exercising and proper nutrition and calorie intake can help. Wish your doctor would have taken a more positive approach rather than shaming you. Ugh. But they do have to inform you what complications your weight may cause legally. So see if you can switch to a more understanding doctor who will be helpful. Good luck!!!
You are right!! Thank you
Hi im new to being a mom to be but if ur doc is being overly concerned about wieght its time for a change my doc told me bc of my genetic make up ill gain 20lbs more than my mim when she was with me and my mother gained 30lbs extra so dont stress look for a doc who ir comfortable with it will help u and ur little miracle in the end
Thanks a lot...