Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
I am 32 weeks pregnant and have been having pieces of green mucus comin...

Join other expecting mothers 25 to 34 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 32 weeks pregnant and have been having pieces of green mucus coming out

I am 32 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, pregnancy has been normal but I have been having pieces of green snot like mucus coming out for about 2 days now is this a normal color for mucus plug to be or could it be an infection? even though i don't have any other symptoms like fever, itching, burning when i pee?
Avatar n tn
that's not a normal color. you should talk to your doctor.
Avatar n tn
My sister did this also.  She was about 3 months pg and had green discharge through her whole pregnancy.  She had a SEVERE vaginal infection and I think she was on antibiotic after antibiotic.  Her baby was fine but my sister said it was so gross.  I think she had a bad odor also and said she could see white blood cells in the toilet when she would go.  I do know if that is actually possible but this is what she told me.  Definitely see your dr right away to get on some meds if needed.  Good Luck to you.  Like Stacie30 said green is NOT a good color to have.
Avatar n tn
Hey there, just wanted to let you know that when I was pregnant which I have been 3 times I started losing my mucus plug about the same time you did...it was green! Not neon or dark or anything, but light like the mucus you may cough up out of your throat. It's nothing to wory about the doctors will tell you the same thing unless its neon or like a very dark green. But like I said it was green everytime, and that's the actual plug coming out of the cervix not just a discharge, I lost mine completely the night before I went into labor with my 2nd and it goes and goes and goes! I know ewwwww! LOL but hey only the truth. I hope this helps ya, but like I said if it's neon looking or dark green yeah call the doc, but if it's something that looks like you cough up out of the back of your throat your fine!
Avatar n tn
hi iam new here and i was reading the comments and yes the plug to me was green it look like mucus ...i called the doc and she told me that this meant the cervix was dialiting .when  in they rapture my membranes an dthe next day i was in labor ....the mucus plug came out .really late compare to some ...i whent over my due date ....by 4 days ...hope this helps ...now iam having my second child in 8 weeks .
Hey I'm five months pregnant, nd I was wondering can you cough up yo mucus plug. Dis afternoon I woke up coughing and a big piece of mucus came out wit blood in it wht should I do.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
Aug 23
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy