Ideal timw to do detail scan..
Hello. Im 21 weeks pregnant. I want to know when is the ideal time to do detail scan to detect any defect on baby. Also want to know the sex of the baby. Thank you
Now is a good time, any time going forward.  I had my scan at 20 weeks.  I chose to not find out the sex, but I could have.  And at that time, they looked for signs of birth defects.  So, any time is good!
I found out the sex at 18 weeks and they are pretty firm on the sex ( we are doing a reveal so only my mother in law knows for now) I also didn't have my first ultrasound till 18 weeks because I didn't know I was that far along. I also just had blood work done at 18 weeks and 3 days to determine if there are any birth defects so I think depending on your doctor you should be able to find out all of those things! They didn't do all of this when I had my first son 6 years ago. GOOD LUCK! and I hope you get your answers and congrats!