Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
Med Free Birth??

Join other expecting mothers 25 to 34 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Med Free Birth??

I am 21 yrs old, 28 weeks pregnant & this is my first baby. I have been debating on if I want to have a natural med free birth or if I should go 4 the epidural.. I've always said that I wanted to have a natural birth but every1 tells me I'm crazy, it's going 2 hurt 2 much & such things. I have had a few tell me that the epidural is good 4 the pain of the contractions but is no good 4 the birth. I'll feel all the pain of that anyway. So, might as well go natural right?? Please help...
My first was natural because they didn't offer the epidural.  But I'm thinking that if they offered it,  I would have taken the relief!  So all I can say is you can plan for natural but don't be disappointed if you end up taking the epidural :) besides all that matters is the end result,  your precious baby!
An epidural if given at the right time blocks both the pain of labor and birth. The ideal time is usually around 5cm. Any sooner you risk it wearing off before you need to push any later you risk it not being fully effective before time to push. Some women are able to go all natural without much pain. Whatever you decide it should be your decision and notaanyone elses. There is also other pain relief options, both medical and natural, besides the epidural so talk to your doctor about all your options before making your decision.
Thanks 4 the advice ladies :)
I went natural for my first and didn't have no epidural and it wasn't bad at all...you do have pain because of the contraction but trust me after u see his/her face you will see it was totally worth it.......
If you want an all natural birth and no worries of pain I would look into hypnobirthing!
I had a natural with my first and I am a chicken when it comes to pain. no one thought I could do it all natural. I proved my own mother wrong. I was proud and right after I gave birth I said I would do all natural again. good luck on the decision you chose.
I want to have my princess natural but everybody keep telling me the same but I'm like let me see if i can take the contractions and if i can then i will...but i just don't want to be cut down there w/o pain meds lol..i think I'm going natural doe its so deep in my mind and heart to go natural
This is my first too and I also want to try naturally.
I say try it. Don't listen to anyone else. If you really need the epidural then take it. But trust your body to do what it's supposed to do! Go In with a positive mind :)
I wanted natural. I always thought I had a high tolerance for pain... Then I went into labor! Felt like my hips were being ripped off of me! I got an epidural... Then because of blood pressure I got spinal tap and a csection. Not exactly what I had planned! Just keep your mind open on what you might need to do. My friend did both her boys natural! Good luck!
renae176 commented on My 2 Clinic Visits th...
57 mins ago
renae176 commented on renae176's status
KeeLolo, Hollus, and renae176 commented on KeeLolo's status
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy