Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
Need help

Join other expecting mothers 25 to 34 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Need help

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and need help quitting smoking. I've tried everything someone please help me.
Tags: Smoking
Tip one.. don't kick yourself in there butt! I wasn't able to stop smoking totally until almost 12 weeks. Before I got pregnant I smoked almost a pack a day. Found out I was pregnant and cut down a lot. Went to my doctor and he actually told me not to quit cold turkey do to stress of detox and they stress to baby. Can cause miscarriage. I didn't know that. So I slowly cut down. Until I was at 1 a day til the pack ran out. Have not smoked since and my kids are just fine. I went and bought a pack today because I wanted one soooo bad. But didn't open it. I broke out then red sharpie and write all over the pack thereasons I stopped so every time I reach for it. I'm forced to read it. It worked. Still closed! Good luck mama. Its tough. But worth it. Like I said. Don't kick yourself. Talk to your Dr.
I left the back of their pack clear. So I could put marks for every day I'm smoke free.kinda cool actually. My son helps with it too.
Thank you my first appt is on the 14 of this month I will ask her the best way it's really tuff I've been smoking for almost 16 years now.
I've been a light smoker for a long time but i''ve been able to quit for all my pregnancies. This time I'm hoping I wont start up again...
But be patient talk to your doc.and remmember it took time to start it will take time to quit. This time.i found I was preg at 8 weeks and thankfully my baby is doing well. Good luck mommy!
I'm 22 weeks now :)
I'm in the same boat. My first ultrasound is tomorrow and i can not stop smoking my husband and i have been fighting for weeks. My mom didn't quit for my brother my best didn't quit for her 5 kids they are all just fine but I can not quit. Sorry mama wish I could help
I couldn't quit with my first and he turned out to be a very healthy 8pound 6ounce baby. This time i was planning to fall pregnant so managed to quit before I fell pregnant. All I know is that my doc told me to cut down as much as I could but don't stress yourself out over it. It will do more damage than smoking will. Me and hubby quit at the same time and now he started up again and I won't even kiss him till he's brushed his teeth. Can't stand it now. Just remember not to stress yourself :)
hey lillah when you say light smoker. what do you mean? like 5 a day? because I was/am a smoker and have only been for almost 2 years, but I smoke like 5 a day and I found out I was pregnant 4 days ago, which means that I am five weeks.
Found out I was pregnant at just over 4 Weeks. I have smoked for 24 years but have always managed to smoke just over half pack as I was terrified of becoming a chain smoker like my Gramma and my mom. Sowe made our quit day one week later. Over that week I went from about 14a day down to about 4-6. Them on Saturday I quit. Saturday and Sunday I used nicorette gum. By Monday it was easier. Hubby is using the vapor smoke, he is having a harder time. Good luck to you!
I have smoked for over 14 years not 24!
Maybelline54, I have smoked for about 15 years and yes, I smoked anywhere from,1 to 8 cigs a day. Depended on my stress level.  I was also able to go without smoking for days at a tlime but could smoke a half pack at other times. I tried to quit many times never worked but when I found out I was preg I quit that same day. I also told my hubby no smoking infront of me ever and he decided to quit aswell. I also quit for my other two pregnancies but this one I'm hoping I'll never start again.
I guess when you're a light smoker its easier cause you're not so physical dependent but more mentally or emotionally dependant. You just have to think that why put the baby at risk if it's unnecessary. I would hate myself if my baby was born with asthma cause of me. Good luck on quitting ladies and congrats on your pregnancies.
ok...yea I just went on ahead and quit as well. when i think about a baby being inside of me and possible suffering from oxygen in take it made me go and ahead and just give the newports up.
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
1 hr ago
KTowne 17 weeks tomorrow, anatomy ... Comment
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy