No fetal heartbeat detectable at 5 weeks 6 days ultrasound
I had my first ultrasound (with the vaginal wand) and they estimated me to be at 5 weeks 6 days. I did in vitro. They confirmed the presence of a gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal dipole, but could not detect a heartbeat. Is 6 weeks or less too soon to see this? They counted 6 weeks back from the first day of my lmp, but they thought I might be running a little small.  I am worried that something is wrong! I have my second ultrasound next Thursday, and have read that sometimes it takes up to 10 weeks to detect a heartbeat. Also, my acupuncturist recommended that I use a heating pad (on low heat) on my abdomen as a sort of "incubator". Now I am worried about the electromagnetic waves being harmful. Please advise! This is my first pregnancy, and after what we went through with IVF (a blessing, but very draining), I am about exhausted with worry! I don't want to be a basket case by the time my next ultrasound comes around!  Any advice you can give would be great! THANK YOU!
Has anyone had a vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks and not seen a heartbeat, but went on to have a baby?
I am 10 weeks pregnant and found out when I was 3 weeks pregnant so we have been bouncing off the walls with excitement for 7 weeks.  WE made the mistake of telling most of our family and friends.  You see we are older parents .. I'm 44 in August and my fiance is 45.  This is my first baby so I was beyond thrilled.

On May 24th I was bleeding and went the the ER and they told me to go back the next day for a scan.  That scan came back okay.  The Dr. wanted to see me 3 weeks later but 2 weeks after that I was bleeding really bad so we went back to the ER.  Again another scan the next day showed a very strong heartbeat.  We had a sceduled ultrasound yesterday and again he used the vaginal wand and said that the baby was there but there was no heartbeat.

They have told me nothing about what might happen except I have to go back for another ultrasound on Friday (1 week) and they will tell me what the plan on doing.

I have been experiencing major craps for about 2 hrs but no bleeding.  I am beside myself and trying to block everyone out, I don't know what to think.  I read some of your stories about how the babies survive but if I am going to miscarry I want it over with now.  I don't think I can go to work next week and carry on knowing the baby inside of me is dead.

Any suggestions would be great.  Do you think it's possible the baby is alive or should I order a D&C?

I jus want to share my testimony here. First of all I'm givin all glory and honor to my Almighty GOD alone who performed a wonderful miracle in my life...
I had us at 6w1d. That time hearbeat was nt detected and i was so scared abt that. They scheduled anothr scan aftr 10days. All these days myself and my husband prayed 2gthr with faith...Finally the day has come, oh! wat a grt miracle! Baby's heartbeat is gettin and everythin is normal...I cud able 2 see and hear my baby's heartbeat also...PRAISE THE LORD!
So i jus wanted 2 say to the readers that pls put ur trust in GOD alone. Nothing is impossible for GOD.. If GOD can perform this grt miracle in my life surely HE wil do much more for u too...Am very much sure abt that...The thing u shud do is PRAY TO GOD WITH FAITH...tats very very important...God bless U abundantly...
I may be grasping at straws but I came here looking for answers after praying and your post was just two days ago so I'm hoping God helped me to find it.  I am 41 years old with three teens.  I've been trying to have a baby with my new husband for over a year and i've had three miscarriages before this pregnancy.  I tried not to bond and to expect the worse, but it was still heart breaking today when my 6 week ultrasound showed sac and fetal pole measuring 5 weeks and no heartbeat.  I know the exact day I conceived and should be 6 weeks and 5 days.  I felt certain it was another loss and I keep praying but also telling God that he knows what is best and let his will be done.  Seeing your post makes me think that it is not wrong to keep praying for a miracle this week.  No spotting or anything and I still have all my symptoms.  I have another ultrasound in a week.  Either way, I'm happy about your miracle.
Hi all,
I am really looking for your suggestions if you have any from your past experience. We are trying for baby naturally for last 5 years with no success and then decided to do IVF. I am 33 years old and my wife is 30. After 3 embryo transfers and 2 weeks wait time, we had smile on our face when doctor said hcg level is +ve.
Then RE called us for ultrasound at 7th week, we saw one sac but fetus was measuring at 5 weeks 2 days and no heart beats, doctor concluded implantation took place late.
And RE called us again after 10 days for 2nd ultrasound. With 2nd ultrasound, also we did not see any heartbeat nor fetus was grown from the last measurement, Doctor broke our heart by saying its not viable pregnancy and we should go for D&E. I am very upset and can’t see my wife crying all night since then. Please help us and let me know your suggestions if you have any. Thanks!!
Hi all,

I have an eleven year old but i am trying to have another child with my new husband. I am 5 weeks and 2 days. I went to the hospital today because I had light bleeding and bad cramps. They wanded me and could not find a heartbeat but they saw a yolk sac. The Dr. said it looked like I was only 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. I suppose to follow up with my doctor in 2 weeks on Aug 3.  I am very nervous now because I have never miscarried before and don't know what to really look for when it comes to miscarriages. I am scared out my mind.... Should I go to a different doctor to get checked again or wait until my doctors visit with my OB?
Hello all, I am also hoping for a miracle and for some positive feedback to put my mind at ease.

My LMP date is 5/23/2010 and my positive pregnancy date is 6/23/2010. According to this I should have been about 9 wks 2 days when I went into the dr for an US. First before I go forward let me give you more information. Monday in the early AM I went to the bathroom because I woke up to feeling crampy like menstral or like I needed to have a bowl movement. I couldn't go, got up a few time. One of the times after urinating I wiped and I had spotted blood. I freaked as I have MC before. The next day I had nothing until the evening when I urinated, wiped and had a tiny spot of blood. Since Monday I have been just fine. On Tuesday I went in for an US to see if everything was ok. The US shows that I am only 5 wks 6 days and no HB. The Dr said that I might not be as far along or I lost the baby, we're doing another US next week. I went in for an exam today and he said cervix, everything is normal. I just think it is really really weird that he did not have blood work done to check my HCG levels. I also asked him if it was possible that I just ovulated late and am not that far along. He said that it doesn't go off conception date but rather LMP date.

Should I be worried???
my daughter is 18 and is having a hard time understanding what is going on with her she is very moody and has gained alot of weight in her stomach area and thats it her breasts are sore but when she took a pregnancy test it came back negative but when she went to the er to have a blood test done the doctor told her she had a pregnant uterus but her blood test told her shes not pregnant then they sent her to an ob who did an ultra sound who said there is something on the screen but didnt think its anything cause there is no heart beat just trying to make sence of this all can any body help?
After taking a pregnancy test on the 10th of july i went for my dating scan on the 17th of august. i was told that they could find no heartbeat and the fetal pole only measured 3mm. I was told to expect to miscarry in the next week and that this indicated that i had had a missed misscarriage. The scanner was so cold and matter of fact she said i should be 9 weeks if i had had a positive test on the 10th of july. My husband was working away and didn't get to hear the news first hand. I was booked in for another scan on the 24th of august to carry out another scan and discuss my option should it not have left the body naturally. I had my next scan on the 24th with my husband present however on this scan the fetal pole had grown to 6mm but still no heartbeat found. This scanner was much more positive she said it is possible that i was only 6 weeks pregnant at this scan and 5 weeks at my last and at this point it would be difficult to find a heartbeat. My husband is now hopeful but I don't understand how i could only be 6 weeks. I have been booked in for another scan on the 31st august all this waiting is terrible, having your hopes raised. i carried out another pregnancy test which still shows positive but the hospital haven't done any blood work to check if my HCG levels are rising but i'm guessing if you have had a missed miscarraige they would continue to rise due to the fact the body thinks its a normal fetus.
If anyone has ever been in this position and it has turned out the fetus was alive and your dates were just wrong please could you let me know. Either way i suppose i will know one way or the other by tuesday.
Not Really a comment I took a first response clear blue easy and some store brand pregancy test they all came out postive i went to the doctor an did a pee test and it was negative so now I am waiting on a blood test can someone tell me whats wrong with me now mind you that my af was due on the 6th of this month i took hpt on the 7 thru the 11 of this month my cycle came light lighter than normal and ended with pinkish blood I a pregancy the next day and all my test have been postive every since can any body give some insight cause iam so nerves please help me
im six weeks and one day today i went to my OBGYN today and there is still no heart beat i have an appointment next wensday and they said that if there is still no heart beat then the pregnacy will probley go no further....im so scared and nerves its my first pregancy and ive been trying for four years now i just hope nothing goes wronge...can somebody help please
I had my tubes reversed in April of 2010 so my husband and I could try to have a baby. my lmp was August 8th and I had alot of  pregnancy test that were positive. I went to the doctors today 9-14-10 and they saw a fetus and no heartbeat. they are saying I am 5w and 5days. I dont think I am that far along. But, the doctor wants me to come back in two days for another tranvaginal ultrasound. Believe you me I am driving myself nuts. I have no symptoms of a miscarriage and all the signs of pregnancy. I think it is to early to see a heartbeat. all my other children I never had an ultrasound until I was 8 weeks pregnant.
My wife and I went to the doctor and they saw a heartbeat and now the doctors find one? Does this mean the pregnacy is over? The doctor said yes but her hormone levels keep goin up?
Ok so I am really confused. I went to my ob today for my first ultrasound. They did not check any of my levels. All they did was give me a vaginal ultrasound. They said that my I measured about 6 weeks but there was no heartbeat. I was crushed. I kept asking if maybe it was too early to tell and I the doctor acted like I was stupid for even asking the question. After reading alot of your posts I see that most of your doctors schedule another ultrasound appointment. My ob would not. He said that I need to schedule a D&C immediately and that there was no need to have a second ultrasound because with no heartbeat at 6 weeks the fetus is dead. I don not have normal periods and he said that I should be 12 weeks according to my last period. When I tried to tell him that sometimes my period skips a month he got mad. He said that he knew what he was looking at. According to him my baby just stopped growing at 6 weeks. And has been dead inside me for 6 weeks. I was shocked because I feel like there is a big chance that he is wrong.  Mainly because I still have all of the normal signs of pregnancy. I've read that some heartbeats cannot be heart until 10 weeks.

So I guess what I'm asking is what would you guys do? Is it possible that they just cannot detect the heartbeat yet? How could he know I am supposed to be 12 weeks if he did not check my levels and it was my very first ultrasound? Do you guys think I should wait and demand another ultrasound?

I really need advice. I don't want to have a D&C if there is still a possibility that the baby is alive.
im 5 weeks and 6 days pg and my ob told me that there is a gestational  yolk sac and embryo but NO Heart Beat YET..i feel worried coz i had missed abortion last time and i dont want it to happen again..i am emotionally weak but when i read all of your comments, i feel i still have a chance to bring another life to our family.my husband and i really want to have this baby bad. i thank you because reading all of your comments makes me feel strong and to think positive..

im a lil bit scared on my next US, i am hoping that this tiny embryo will make me cry coz i will heard his strong heart beat on my next ob visit..i've been crying coz your comments touch my heart and made me realize that there's always a miracle. dont loose hope and trust our God Almighty.

so to all those want to soon to be mommies out there, just keep on believing in Him, dont give up , we should always be positive!
im keeping my fingers crossed for all of us..
And update on my case. I had a miscarriage yesterday. But don't let that make any of you lose hope. I did some research and the American medical league says if there is no heartbeat up to 8 weeks there should be no cause for concern. Unfortunately in my case it just wasn't meant to be.

To:shamika1117

I hope everything goes well with you. Just don't let this emotionally stress you out. That is what I did. My OB was unprofessional and caused me to have a miscarriage. When I had mine yesterday they told me that stress from my emotions were what caused me to miscarry. So don't give up hope and don't let it stress you out. My baby was fine until my OB did what he did. This was my first time being pregnant. I will be praying for you.
im so sorry on what happened on your baby.. i hope everything is okay with you too, maybe this is not the right time. im sure He will give you a beautiful baby so don't lose hope..
i appreciate your response on my post.
i will pray for you too..
Can someone please put my mind at ease. I worked out i was 10 weeks pregnant from the dat of my last period but when i went for a scan last Thursday they said im only measuring 5 or 6 weeks. They could only see the sac and no heartbeat. Is this normal at this stage? The doc said it is either too small to detect anything or it has died and my body is still hanging onto it. Im going out my mind with worry. Please help :-(
I found out I was pregnant at 4w6d according to my last period 8/14/10.  I immediately scheduled multiple appointments to be seen and just verify pregnancy, and sure enough, I found out that I was definitely prego.  Well Last night I has having bad cramps and had work up at about 4AM to use te b-room and wiped a pinkish blood.  I freaked out and went to the ER.  After 6 hours or blood work, peeing, ultrasounds, and waiting to see a doctor, the doctor comes in and tells me that instead of my expected 8w3d I am only about 6 weeks and that there is a sac and baby visible, but no cardiac activity*heart beat*.  I am putting my faith in God that he will put a hand over me and watch out for my baby and I at this time, but would like to hear if anyone had anythign similar happen to them as well.  I am very curious.  

Thanks in Advance!
I'm wondering if anyone has bled for as long and the baby to be alright. By LMP I should be 7weeks and 4 days had a scan this week on monday and was told the baby just measured 5mm and was dated 6 weeks and they should have seen a heartbeat. I have to go back on Friday for a rescan. I have been bleeding/spotting now for 12 days no pain and 1 small coin size blood clot. I have prepared myself for the worst. However at my first where baby was dated 5w 1d there was just a sac and egg so in 10 days we now have a visible fetus and cannot understand if there is no heartbeat how it has grown. We have decided if the baby has grown and still no heartbeat I am going to wait before I have to have a d&c however if there is no change and no heartbeat still we have come to terms that we have lost the baby. Has anybody else gone through anything similar. Many thanks
just an update. Went for scan today and unfortunately there was still no heartbeat and the baby has appearead to have shrivelled up as it was now an irregular shape. Sadly I am now being treated for a missed miscarriage. I wish all women going through the same experience all the luck possible and hopefully a much happier outcome than my own.
Im an ultrasound tech. If you have a 6 week ultrasound and it shows no heartbeat then you should have a follow up ultrasound 2 weeks later to confirm the finding. Don't have a D & C or do anything until you have that follow up ultrasound. It is best to double check.

Giving someone the news of not seeing a heartbeat is always very difficult. You should all know that it is something we dread to say. Hope you all can have a healthy pregnancy and the baby you so desire and deserve.

Lindsey
hiyaaa im 5 week and 5days pregent i had a missed miscarriage at 8weeks and 5dyas i found out in september that i had minor pcos but the doctor said they didnt think it would affected me beacuse i have been pregent 1se before it as taken me and my parter 7 mouth to concive this time around and i have a scan tomoroow to check thinks are looking normal..... i have been having nausea but not actulay been sick also i get back ack right low down more to my right side i have spoken to a midwife and she said its quit normal in early pregcey beacuse of you Hormonal changers im just scard that everything going to go wrong again i never had sytoms with my 1st miscarriage just a normal dateing scan please help thnaks
5 weeks 5 days pregnant--u/s showed no heartbeat-doctor called to say sorry for your loss and he has a scheduled D and C.  What was the basis of this sudden interpretation?!?!!?1 Honestly I still feel pregnant...for some eason I seem to think that maybe the doctor is mistaken...someone advice pls.
I'm going through the same thing.. I'm only measuring out at six weeks and I know I shod be like 8 weeks... I went in for the transvag. ultrasound and there is no heart beat.... the lady said she had some concerns. She said in a round about way that I was " right on the edge" they normally like to hear a heart beat but it could go ether way. She said my doctor would probably not say to worry and would send me for another ultrasound... I'm very worried!!! Any one out there to help me??
Hey I am new this site. This is my first pregnancy.. The doctor say I am 7w 4d. I had my first U/S yesterday and they only saw the sac.. I go back next week for another U/S. I think I am only 5w.. I know the day I conceived and by that I am figuring I am 5w.. I am worry that the doctors are wrong.. I am not having any signs of a miscarriage. I don't have to have a D/C next week if there is still nothing.. Because next week by my calculation I will only be 6w.. What should I do?

NicoleStewart
My wife had her first ultrasound today. We're certain that it's been 5 weeks and 3 days from conception. The doctor spotted the fetus but couldn't detect a heartbeat. Just as others have experienced, we were told that this was most certainly an 'abnormal pregnancy' and that she needs to consider a D/C or pills. We decided to have a 2nd ultrasound scheduled 8 days from today with a different doctor, just to be certain. The fetal pole measured 4.4cm - anything over 5cm and no heartbeat will be ruled a miscarriage, according to the AMA. This is our primary source of hope, that the fetus is just too small for a detectable heartbeat. I'll post an update when I have one.

This is what the AMA says about where my wife is with her pregnancy right now. It's obviously not great news, but there's nothing we can do but hold out hope for a heartbeat next week.

"Week 7 - Gestational Age (Fetal Age 5 weeks)
Generally from 6 ½ -7 weeks is the time when a heartbeat can be detected and viability can be assessed. A normal heartbeat at 6-7 weeks would be 90-110 beats per minute. The presence of an embryonic heartbeat is an assuring sign of the health of the pregnancy. Once a heartbeat is detected, the chance of the pregnancy continuing ranges from 70-90% dependent on what type of ultrasound is used. If the embryo is less than 5mm CRL, it is possible for it to be healthy without showing a heartbeat, though a follow up scan in 5-7 days should show cardiac activity.

If your doctor is concerned about miscarriage, blighted ovum, or ectopic pregnancy, the gestational sac and fetal pole (if visible) will be measured to determine what type of development should be seen. The guideline is that if the gestational sac measures >16-18mm with no fetal pole or the fetal pole measures 5mm with no heartbeat (by vaginal ultrasound), then a diagnosis of miscarriage or blighted ovum is made. If the fetal pole is too small to take an accurate measurement, then a repeat scan should be done in 3-5 days. If there is absence of a fetal pole, then further testing should be done to rule out the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy."

http://www.*****************.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm
I am pregnant with my 2nd child, and have had quite a journey already. Going by my LMP I am 9 weeks, however, going by my dates I am 5 weeks. Not knowing this, I had a slight bleed 3 weeks ago, and was sent for a scan. I had a transvaginal scan, and only a gestational sac was showing, my HGC levels were over 15000 so I was told to go for another scan in 7 days, the next scan showed an empty sac still, but it had grown, so again was asked to return in 7 days. Today I went for another scan, and this time they saw a yolk sac and a fetal pole but no heartbeat. I was advised that this may be due to it being to early, but they can not guarentee that this pregnancy will continue. I was also told that I have a tilted uterus, which can make scans difficult to see. I have been asked to go back in 9 days for another scan and hope that a heartbeat will be detected. I have kept hopeful due to reading alot of posts on forums like this one, and hop I will have a definate answer next week. Fingers crossed, and good luck to all those experiencing the same situation.
I am 40 years old and went in for my second u/s today. My periods have been less than normal since I hit this age, but I was convinced I was fertile myrtle. I calculated my ovualtion from lmp and my husband and I tested the theory as we wanted to get pregnant. What I found was that I knew 6 days before my period that I was pregnant.  Technically I thought I conceived on Jan 23. Here in lies the dilemma.  The docs office first scheduled me to come in on what we thought would be 7w. They called and asked if I wanted to come in a week early. I jumped thinking I could see the baby.  Well--all they saw was the gestational sac that measured that I was only 5w6d+/-7days. That was just awesome because now i was worried.  We scheduled a second u/s for one week later (today).  He did not measure the GS but we saw a heartbeat. AGAIN-- the baby measured 4.3mm and had a hb of 77bpm.  Now there is the added stress and worry  that this is a low heart rate. I honestly want to go back and have them do an u/s each day to see if the baby is progressing now because I am seriously worried. He did bloodwork last week as well and everything was normal except my red blood cell count was high. Basically-- can anyone set my mind at easy?  The pros- things have progressed, there is now a baby and a hb.  Cons- low hb, high red blood cells, gestational age does not match conception. I know it's God's will either way, but I feel like it took me a really long time to prepare myself to open up to the possibility of having a baby at my age (I am blessed with a 14y boy) as I thought I was done.  Then I embraced it, feeling invincible and blessed only to keep feeling like the odds are not in my favor. Help--dumber the older I get
Update on my first post:

We went back for the 2nd ultrasound and our worst fears were confirmed. Still no heartbeat and the fetus hadn't grown at all. My wife was given a prescription for Cytotec, which she took last weekend. It's been a very difficult week for her obviously. I hope that those looking here for help find better results on their 2nd ultrasounds than we did. Good luck.

hi..i had my transvaginal utz yesterday..and heard my bsby's heartbeat..the dr showed me some tracing of it..the utz said i was 6wks 5 days pregnant..but my lmp.was june 2 ..and had unsafe sex at june 20..pregnancy test.showed positive at july 8.....isnt the heartbeats too early??
Hi littlewadsworth, I know what you are going through, its not a nice feeling at all, I was 3 and a half months with my 3rd pregnancy when I miscarried, I had a ultrasound and all they could see what the sac but there was nothing in there, I to had a blighted ovum, I was a mess, even though I had 2 little girls at home, no one knows how it feels to miscarry a baby, whether its a blighted ovum or not, my Aunty told me I had a fake pregnancy, I was so upset about that comment from her, I went to my doctor whom told me that it wasn't a fake pregnancy at all, actually there was a baby in there but if the baby dies before 12 weeks they normally dissolve, thats why you can't see it when they do the ultrasound... I have had 2 boys since then and I had another miscarriage, then I had my daughter whom is now 2, my other children are 19 whom she has made me a grandmother twice with 2 beautiful granddaughters, I have a 17 year old daughter and 2 sons, 13 and 12, then my baby whom just turned 2 last month, I had another micarriage a few months ago and I just found out I am pregnant again, my doctor is doing regular blood tests to make sure my HCG levels are rising which they are, but when I had my ultrasound they said they couldn't see anything in there, only that my uterus had a very thick lining which means there is either a pregnancy starting in there or I am going to get a heavy period, but with my HCG levels rising fast, means everything is going good and my baby is growing in there, I am due to have my second ultrasound this wednesday coming, I am not looking forward to drinking the water but am looking forward to seeing it on the scream, which they should be able to see it now, I should be over 6 weeks now they said, I will let you know how it all goes.... I wish you all the luck in the world littlewadsworth and pray you have a little bundle in your arms in the new year, take care and god bless xx
hi guys,

im scared! i went for my second scan yesterday at my GP's and he said my fetal development was too slow. and to add to that he could not get a heart beat. he scheduled me for another scan on Thursday next week. according to my Dr i am 8weeks 2days. but first day of  my lmp was on the 4th of July 2011.on my first scan on the 21 Aug 2011 it didnt show anything and we thought it was too early. 3 days ago i had serious cramps like period pain and now i am normal. i never had any nausea even for my first pregnancy(i have a 5yr old C-section baby) no itchy breast, no cramps nothing. im so worried now.
I too have been told im miscarrying my twins. One is smaller than the other, no fetal pole but thay are re checking with a scan on Monday.  I think I know deep down I have lost my angels but holding on to a mirracle.X
Hello, Just wanted to say to everyone god bless and good luck ..this can be sometimes a difficult process when you stress out. Anyway I went to the doctor and told them I was pregnant and according to my cycle I was approx 8 weeks and 1 day when I did my ultrasound, the doc called me in the day after and insisted that I come in to talk to him, he asked me how I was feeling I said other than being called in and filled with worry I feel fine. He asked if I was cramping or spotting I said nope, in fact my pregnancy symptoms are getting more intense, He was confused with that answer, he told me no fetal heartbeat was found and asked me how far along I was, I told him that according to my cycle about 8 weeks and 2 days now, but I am not 100% sure, he said there should be a heartbeat by now and you will misscarry and I was devastated, he gave me pills to create an misscarriage, but i never took them i was determined that nothing was wrong, and sure enough when my blood work came back the doc office called and told me my hcg levels where real high and they must have miss calculated my date of conception, he never even looked at my file to see that I was only not even 6 weeks when i went to the ultrasound, I wasnt even informed of it either or I would have known. So he schedualed me for another ultrasound but I went to another doc to get a second opinion and he doesnt even want me to go he says its to early that i would not even be 7 weeks and that its to soon and might cause me to worry all over again...so my point is if you need a second or third opinion do it for your peice of mind...god bless *Diane
last week I was  told that they saw twins but one with no heart beat (6 weeks 4 days) and that basically I'd miscarried one , is this right ? Could it show up later?
Hello I Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Am Praying For You And Ask That You Might Pray For Me As Well. My Husband And I Went In For Our First Ultrasound This Past Thursday And Found That We Are 6 Weeks And 1 Day Along With Our First Child I Find This Impossible As I Found Out I Was Pregnant 6 Weeks And 5 Days Ago. Our Ultrasound Tec Could Not Find A Heartbeat And We Must Go A Week From Now To Give It One Last Try. I Am So Scard That Our Little One Will Be Gone, I Dont Know How To Deal With This As I Have Never Felt This Much Pain In My Life But I Am Trying To Keep My Faith And Trust That What Ever The Out Come That It Is In Gods Hands I Will Keep You In My Prayers And Wish The Best For You.
I've just had an internal scan and my baby measures 1.9mm and has a detectable heartbeat. Was amazing to see, as I thought it was going to be yet another miscarriage. I've had 3 miscarriages to date.
In 2008 I had my 1st daughter after 14 months trying to conceive. Within 9 weeks I was already pregnant with my 2nd daughter! We then began trying 3months after her birth, falling pregnant 3 months later, only to miscarry in the 6th week. The EPAU dept. told me that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage (I was shocked). They said it's a one-off and it won't happen again. I was also advised to try again as quickly as possible as new research showed you'd be more likely to fall quicker and be more successful. So we began trying as soon as the miscarriage bleed had stopped. We fell pregnant that cycle. We were thrilled!! All my family were told at 6weeks. At 2 days shy of the 9th again I began to bleed heavily. A scan revealed I had had a complete miscarriage, again. We ere advised to leave it a cycle then begin trying again, which we did. 4 months after the 2nd miscarriage, My husband went in for major surgery and 3days after (he's like a dog on heat everyday lol) we conceived. I had some light brown bleeding every 4 weeks and many scans and blood tests done within the 1st 12weeks. Everything was fine and our son was born also in Jan, just like his sisters, but he was born on my 2nd daughters birthday!!! I had three under 3!!!! I told my husband within a few days I wanted another. We decided because I had some problems with his birth, and ending up having an emergency c-section that we'd wait at least 3, maybe 5 years. Tyat didn't happen. Within 5 months I was pregnant again. At week 6 and 4 days if I remember correctly I miscarried -although with the amount of tissue and matter that came out the doctor thinks I was further along. The scan showed a complete miscarriage again. 8 months later I fall pregnant again, scans x2 tests x4 pregnancy tests I've done x12 (no joke) and I've had some bleeding so far... I don't know what will happen now on but I am so scared of anything going wrong. My children have all turned 4,3and 1 in January and I am so desperate for this baby to make it. I should be approximately 6-7 weeks now (although they gave a measurement of 1.9mm last week, they said it's rough because their picture on the screen is not clear enough to measure accurately). There was a heart beat, but as I've had some light red blood loss since, the hospital have said it's a threatened miscarriage and now it's yet another agonising waiting game, just as it has been fr the past 3.5weeks :(
I had an ultrasound on wednesday and was told im only 2-3 wks gone even thou there was a sack and yoke and fetel pole im so confused
I'm suppose to be 5w6d pregnant after ivf transfer however stll cannot see sack after today u/s. I had u/s today because of spotting. I'll do u/s again on next thursday. Hopefully will see the development. Pray for me and i also pray for u all.
I wanted to come back and post because I searched this page after i went to my ultrasound and didn't see a heartbeat. I was measuring 5 weeks 6 days. I had an ultrasound so early because I had a bit of spotting at 5 weeks. I went today (7 weeks 3 days) and saw the heartbeat as clear as could be! I was so worried after reading these posts and kept wishing that people would come back and give updates...so here I am with my update :)
My LMP was, if memory serves me correctly, August 6, 2012.  From the doctor's calculations, I should be just at 7.5 weeks.  Please keep in mind my periods vary, from every 21 days to 28 days....lasting from 3 to 5 days.   We went to the ER last night because I thought I had some clear liquid (no blood or even a tinge of blood).  They did an US and said I was 6 weeks 4 days along.  They saw the sak and the fetal pole, but unfortunately no heartbeat.  They try to assure me, as did my doctor that SOMETIMES this is normal.    I am scheduled for another US on Friday.  Will I see any kind of growth in such a short amount of time; or is it just wishful thinking?

Thank you!
Im going through exactly the same thing, i went to have  my first scan last friday just gone , i thought i was around 2 months, i had the scan but there was nothing there, so she ussd that internal camera thing and seen a yolk sac as she said the baby was there but no heartbeat, i have to go back next fridayand this week is going to be so hard, but theres still a chance there could be a heartbeat, i hope everything works out for you. Its devastating ,maybe were too early to detect a heartbeat x
im am going through the exact same thing and im scared out of my wits. im looking for answers too. but this is my first ivf and first pregnancy. Can anyone shed some light please
Im so worried I cant stop thinking about the doc telling me to go for another blood test because the ultra sound said she couldnt see the heartbeat. the nurse at the u.s said it was to early being only 6 weeks but the doc made me feel to worry. i have had spotting slightly only for couple days only when wipe really thats how little, the us showed the uterus in the right place the yolk and bub in the right place just couldnt find heart beat, the level of hormone is just under 28000 and i am so hormonal in nature at the moment eating everything in site and this is pregnancy 4 im showing a belly already, so with all those signs and without a heart beat im stressing whats your opinion through your experiences. please reply
hi exactly the same day i had scan and exactly the same situation except she told me im 6 weeks
Hi I went into hospital last Monday for a scan as had spotting Sunday night (it was nothing really) the scan showed 2 sacs but no fetal pole in either. I was told I would miscarry and to come back the following Monday for a scan to make sure it had all gone.so I waited. I misscarried on the Wednesday night. I went back the following Monday just gone for a scan knowing I had had a misscarriage and hoping it had all gone so that me and my husband could get our heads around  this and start trying again. But when I went to see the midwife after I had had the second scan she said that the 2 sacs were still there and now 1 of them has a fetal pole measuring 4mm.no heart beat though. I was sent on my way again and have to wait for a scan on 17th January 2017. Has anybody had anything like this. I'm looking everywhere for anything like this but can't find anything.
This is awful, I had a chemical pregnancy back in May 16. My hubby and I were trying ever since and on Christmas Eve we found out we were pregnant. I went in for an early scan because of previous miscarriage and were told there was nothing there but may have been too early. We went back 2 days later and they saw a sac, yolk sac and a tiny fetal pole. I was absolutely delighted and was asked to come back 2 weeks later which was Friday past. I was so so excited. The sonographer was positive and said everything was still there and not to be worried but that she couldn't see well because it was a really really poor scan quality. She asked someone else into the room and she brought up my precious scan pic. They then changed their mind and said from what they saw the pregnancy won't continue because there has been minimal growth from what they saw. We were crushed and taken into another room where a midwife said that nobody could call it. I explained that the sonographer had said we had lost the baby. She wanted to do bloods as they were 2000 the last time. I called back later that day and was told they were 31100!! That's where they expected me to be. I am now booked in this Friday and the week is torture ! I don't know whether to be hopeful or not !!!! Has anyone had anything like this ??
I was suppose to be 9 wks but ultrasound measured me at 6 wks 3 days there was a yolk sac but no heartbeat and blood blocked before yolk sac
For my first IVF pregnancy, the ultrasound to check the heartbeat wasn't done until 6 weeks and after. I have been told before 6 weeks is too early. However, seeing the yolk is a pretty good sign. Same thing for my second pregnancy. They would check the heartbeat until after 6 weeks. I'm now 9 wks 5 days. Praying that everything goes well for everyone in this thread.