No fetal heartbeat during transvaginal ultrasound at 8 weeks 4 days
I had a transvaginal u/s last Friday, adn the fetal crown to rump length showed 8.4 weeks. Hoewever, we couldn't find a heartbeat. I am due back for another u/s in 10 days time.

My menstrual cycle had been acting rather irregularly from the way it has otherwise done since the first time I had a period in my life - in the sense that my period always starts 5 days EARLIER from the last time, but the last couple of times, it came 5+ days AFTER the last time instead.

I haven't had any bleeding or even spotting whatsoever, and still have morning sickness, hunger etc.....

What are my chances of seeing a growing foetua with a normal heartbeat when I go for the follow-up ultrasound next week (in 10 days time from the last u/s - expected foetal age should be about 10 weeks on that day, ie if my menstrual cycle period can be relied on at all) ?

We are both extremely disappointed at the outcome of the last u/s and wish we could look forward to some hope of having this baby - inspite of all this history ...... so please advise
Yea I know its hard to just be open with many people about it. I know whenever I hear comments even if tryin to be comforting I get defensive inside and stop listening to them. I still haven't gotten a 2nd u/s I am waiting to see what happens I can wait I'm a patient person. At the same time I speak as if I am going to miscarry just so I don't get further hurt with my hopes set too high.  I have a lot going on family wise drama and it's like everyone just forgets me in the mix and with this and the many others issues I do not feel they truly know the pain I am currently enduring.
I told you I'd keep you updated looks like I am having a m/c after all.. I started spotting so I'm letting nature take its course now..
I am so  so sorry. I really don't know what to say. I was just thinking about you and I am glad that I checked the sight. I will keep checking back just so you know that I am there for you if you need to talk.
Thank you, and this slow process is pretty hurtful but I'm strong so I know I can get through this, I have Jesus and God and my loving boyfriend by my side. You know it felt like my life was crazy and falling apart and like I had no control over anything, I could barely breathe. These past two days have been extremely uplifting, maybe instead of us taking care of our baby, our baby is taking care of us. I won't lie it hurts to see pregnant women around me-surrounding me it feels. And babies look at me more with eyes of awe they smile like I'm their favorite person for those brief seconds they make me feel so much better. I can't wait to have my baby(ies) look at me with that same look.
I am so glad that your spirit has been lifted and I know what you mean about everyone around you seems to be pregnanant and all the new babies. I guess we are just more aware because of our lose. I wish you all the luck in the future. Your time will come and all those joys will be yours once again without heart ache. It has been great to be able to talk with you and just to know that your not the only woman going through this painful process. Thanks for being there for me.
I am currently 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I went to the doctor today and got excited that I am finally pregnant! I have been trying for 4 + years and last year had one miscarriage early in my pregnancy. It is now a little over a year later and I finally got pregnant again. But today they did an ultrasound and said the fetus looks small and they could not see a heart beat using doppler. I am completely heartbroken. I am so scared about our future and am worried we will never be able to have a baby. Doctor said I will likely miscarry 24 hours to 2 weeks from now and the thought of it is killing me. I went through so much pain the first time and now it will happen again and all I can do is think about when it's going to happen. If anyone else has been through something similar could you please share your story so that I don't feel so alone in this?
Your are welcome, and thank you too for being here for me. It was nice having someone (the same someone) to converse with going through what i am and can relate to what I'm going through. Many people that I know of were not happy but rather 'better off' (selfish reasons) with their m/c and that's not my situation at all. I am starting to feel better, I still have my bad days but I remember I have a wonderful life and I'm loved by my boyfriend who is going through the same pain as me and who puts me before himself and just will do anything to make me happy just like I would for him. Not everyone has that, I have my love and we are living life together side by side wherever it takes us.
Still no miscarriage but kind of feel like it's going to happen any day. Doctor said anywhere between 24 hours and 2 weeks I will have a miscarriage because they couldn't see heartbeat on doppler ultrasound and thought fetus was small. Said it was a 6. I'm not sure what size it's supposed to be at 7 weeks 6 days. I'm now 7 weeks 7 days. Just dreading another miscarriage. Part of me wishes I wouldn't have another miscarriage and I'm holding out hope that it won't happen. The other side of me knows that when a doctor says they are 99% certain you will miscarry then the odds are against you that you will have a baby. Dr suggested that they take it out before I miscarry to do chromosome testing on it in the hopes of cultivating a good chromosome mixture with Invitro but I don't really want to do invitro so for now I have passed on that and will not do the testing. I have another ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday and if I miscarry before then, well then nature took it's course. I guess I still hold out hope that the doctor was wrong, the baby will have a heartbeat at next appt and maybe they just missed something or messed up. But I guess in my heart I know something is wrong.
I know how hard it is to wait for some on to respond to your heartache on this sight. I do wish you all the luck in the world. If you have read any of the other entries you know what I and others have gone through. Your not alone and the waiting game in a living HELL. Just don't give up, you maybe a little earlier than you think. Did they do a vaginal ultrasound? If not that could have alot to do with it. There is still hope. I read an entry from someone on this sight that had a similar situation and her next u/s they did see the heartbeat.
Wait until Tuesday for your results uf your u/s and if you are going to have a m/s for sure I would really think about having a D & E  for the simple fact that they will be able to do testing and find out what is happening so maybe to medicate you in the future to prevent the same problem from happening. Maybe it is something simple they can fix.
I have been pregnant 10x's and I have only 3 children. It took me 5 years to have my first child. So like I said don't give up. I will check in every once in awhile just to see if you need to talk. Let us know how you are doing
Hey there i just had my 3rd sonogram in the last 6 days went wed 8/12 first dr told me my uterus looked "funky" then pointed out to my husband and I what appeared to her two gestional sac told us to come back in 48hrs to see if my hcg levels will triple well of course we are excited shocked and have our hearts set on two come back fri 8/14 see another dr which i was fine with since the first was having hard time with my "funky" uterus. He was more informative but still seemed unassured as well preformed the 2nd sonogram to find out what the first dr saw was cysts not even the gestional sac she was looking at well then he points the real gestional sac which was measured to be at 5wks and 5days at that time and it ws empty nothing.  So he has me come back mon 8/17 now exactly 6wks and this sonogram showed yolk sac but no fetal pole so of course they want me to com back AGAIN the next followig Mon 8/24 so they can see if they can hear heartbeat ....This is my second pregnancy my first was 5yrs ago went undetected till I was 3months pregnant entering my 2nd trimester and I had never had this much issues not knowing till I was almost 4months pregnant i feel was much more pleasant, relaxing and smoother. I sit here reading forums postings blogs from dozens of sites and from my own personal experiences and reading others I personally feel DRs rely on what medical science has taught them when things dont go as sch as the  med book says then for them its the only other alternative unvialable pregnancy. Im not saying drs dont know what they are doing but I do feel they dont let mother nature takes its course...we are all different therefore just bc one woman developes her fetal pole in 5wks of pregnancy i dont think should be compared to another who hasnt. To everyone with doubts and hearts that been shatter with crushing news like that DONT lose your hope DONT let one negative doubt take your spirit its that hope love faith and undoubting that will get you through these hard times keep planning on that nusery theme and baby names its our strenght in belief that we wont except a comparison . Stand strong for you baby
I know how hard it is to want a baby so bad and things just don't seem to be going the way you would like. Everyone around me seems to have had babies or are pregnant. My husband and I have been trying for almost 2 years. In those 2 years we have experienced a lot. We found out we were pregnant with our first in April. At about 6 weeks I started to spot. We went to the doctor on a Thursday and had a vaginal u/s. There was my baby but with a faint heartbeat. I had already passed the sac and that weekend I experienced more spotting and bad cramps. We went back the following Monday for another u/s and it showed that I had m/c over the weekend. We were so upset. I hated that the baby was in my body with barely a heartbeat and there was nothing I could do for MY baby. In July we found out we were pregnant again. We went to the doctor, had the u/s done and the doctor said everything looked ok from what he could tell considering how early I was (5 wks). They did some blood work and found that my progestrone levels were low and I needed to take a pill for that. I went back 3 wks (8 wks preg) later for another u/s to find a sac but no baby. I had a D & C done the next day. I go back in 2 wks to do some more test. They now want to know if my blood is to thick to support the pregnancy. My husband and I still have hope that we will get our baby. Times like these really does make you stronger as a person and as a couple.
Hi, is there anything to do with the age of the mommy to be especially if she is 36 and it is her first time?
I experienced a slightly similar situation, in which my lmp that I thought was a month different from what thw u/s showed and they weren't able to find the heartbeat @ 8w ish, I had one done yesterdat both transvaginal and on my belly and they found a good strong heartbeat & I went home with a beautiful print of my baby! I'm now 10w 4d and it seems to be going good. Good luck and I'm sure everything will work out!

Ashley
hi iam 38 and im 8.5 weeks and they say there is no heartbeat .I have 3 boys 20- 19- 15 since my 15 year i have 15 miss. i am so sceard i go back to have see if there is a heartbeat if not i have to have a dnc.
I'm 18years old. I found out Dec. 2nd I was pregnant with my 1st child by a home pregnancy test. I then got a blood test 2days later to confirm the pregnancy. The results had shown I was 2-3months pregnant. I made an appointment with my obgyn the same day and got scheduled for my 1st appointment that up coming Friday. I was told i was 8weeks and 1day according to my last period (Oct. 14th). I then got scheduled for an ultrasound Dec. 19th, a week before Christmas because I notice a bit of pink (not red) spotting. So, my boyfriend and I went for the ultrasound at the hospital to see if there was anything wrong or if I was just paranoid and over reacting. I waited 3days for a phone call from my obgyn and he scheduled me for an appointment early the next morning. At that appointment I was told there was no heartbeat but it was showing I was 8weeks pregnant when I was thinking I was 9weeks going on 10weeks according to my blood results and last period. I was also told I was going to have a miscarriage.He went ahead and scheduled me for another ultrasound at a different place this time on Dec. 27th. and scheduled to see him early the next morning. Dec. 28th I was told the ultrasound was still showing the fetus was only 8weeks and still no heartbeat. He told me to either prepare and wait for a miscarriage or get a procedure done that same day to go ahead and remove the fetus. I got scheduled an hour later for the procedure so, I wouldn't risk hemoraging and it would be less painful. It was a 10-15 minute procedure and i spotted very little the 1st day and had very little cramping. It's been 2days and I'm bleeding a good bit and in constant pain with cramps. I'm regretting my decision after reading all these articles but I'm hoping my doctor was right and I made the right decision.
hi i went for and u/s and had a transvaginal 2day at the hospital but i didnt have a full bladder does anyone know if that effects picking up a babys heartbeat, i worked out i would be about 6-8weeks i could see our baby but there was no heartbeat, had a little brown discharge but that stopped yesturday  it only lasted a day or two, i was so heartbrocken as my fella is going in the army in 3 weeks and i set my heart on this baby, i have to go back in 10days to have another scan to see if we can find a baby, so im praying to god things will be k im just really scared i cryed my eyes out and dont know if i can go through it again its so hard this waiting because the doctor says its 50/50 HELP.
Hi Christine,
If you had two u/s with no heartbeat and no progression than you need to not question your decision.  You made the right one.  As mothers, no matter what happens (in or out of our control), we will blame ourselves.  Do not do that to  yourself.  Unfortunately, this baby was not developing and that shouldn't have any effect on any future pregnancies.  Try again when you are ready.  Just don't think you made the wrong decision, there was nothing that you could do to change the outcome of the u/s.  Good luck to you :)
I went to the Er for heart palputations & I was 8 weeks pregnant. The OB/GYN was able to see a baby, but no heart beat(tranvaginal ultrasound). She was so quick to tell me to terminate the pregnancy, & when I said i'd rather wait, she had the nerve to ask why. This was my first u/s, so it isn't like I had one prior & there was a heart beat. The PA-C stated that it could be a slow development, & that every woman & pregnancy is different. I go for an U/S tomorrow & my first prenatal visit on Thursday. I hope all turns out well.
I went in for my first prenatal visit and was told afterwards i would have spotting. two days later i did which turned into bleeding and cramping. went bak to the doctor the next day and they did a vaginal u/s and was saying they were sorry before i could get off the table my doctor said she really couldn't give me a definite answer and to wait over the weekend and see what happens. i have two healthy boys and its been six years sine i've been back in these shoes mind you i had no problems in either pregnancy i go back tomorrow for another u/s at this point i will be 8weeks 1day but i can't help but think that everything is going to be great god has the upper hand and we have to take a step back and let him do what he does best i will let you know tomorrow how my baby is doing.
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to discuss with such a balanced head/heart perspective. Yesterday my 8 wk (? Irregular also so who really knows?!?) baby had a hr of only 64bpm and my doc (who was with me for past 2 uncomplicated pregnancies) was visibly distressed. He told me there was not much hope and booked me in for follow up u/s today at 9am. He was again visibly affected but this tine in disbelief. The little guy is still there measuring 6.8 and hr of 68. I know science says there is minimal chance of making it all the way unscathed and there is nothing to be physically done. But Faith is another matter. I have been giving myself reiki healings since yesterdays news and trusting in the Divine for assistance. Whatever way it pans out, negativity and fear at this juncture can only make matters worse. To me this has been a true test of my beliefs and I have been so comforted by Faith In the Divine and the power of energy to positively influence a situation. I feel for you intimately. Perhaps to ease yr being, you could try some positve visualisations and see white healing light bathing both you n bub. I send you love and light from across the oceans.  
Ps: I will be sure to come back and update this forum with our progress. Next u/s is in 7 days. Anyone from previous threads had positve full term pregnancies with now healthy babies- we'd sure love to hear from you! Love n light S.
Big hopes and wishes for a good report on your next u/s.

I am in a similar situation and trying to balance hope and just waiting.   My u/s at 7w showed large yolk sac, no heartbeat, no fetal pole.  We were given basically no chance by the Dr.   5 days later (7weeks, 5days) there is now a heartbeat (though slow - about 80bpm) and fetal pole and baby (but measuring quite small).  So - there was significant growth in those 5 days, but it is still far from normal.  And yet, I am filled with hope that if all of that positive change can happen in 5 hopeless days, perhaps a lot more can happen as we wait 7 days for the next u/s.  Learning to just wait and walk in the "not knowing" is so hard!
im having the same experience i had scan at 8 weeks baby was there but no heartbeat was found im due back this monday for second scan. ive had no bleeds and no pains i still got morning sickness my breasts are still very tender and my bump is getting bigger it all feels so right.  im so worried and scared about monday
i am going through the same exact thing.LMP was April 20, 2010 which would put me at 13 weeks but because of 2 negative pg tests in May i would only be about 9 weeks right now. went in for a "dating" ultrasound and they said the baby meansured 8 weeks but couldnt detect a heartbeat via transvaginal U/S. got my hcg levels tested that same day and again 2 days later. First one was in the 63000 which was told is good and second was told they dropped. Docs sceduled a D&C but i cancelled because i just dont feel they should have jumped to conclusions. I have heard and read of SO MANY cases that are similar and they went on to have healthy babies. My first pregnancy went great and this one is giving me worry and heartache in hopes that i can give my 2 year old a little brother or sister :( So Ladies please wait out a few weeks and demand another U/S because doctors do make mistakes. i am hopefully getting my 2nd U/S next week to give me some peace of mind as to what my body and baby are doing. you are all in my prayers xxx
I am in a situation that is similar. I am 10 weeks pregnant from my lmp. I have known since week 4. At 5w4d they saw a fetal heartrate. I have been having cramping n spotting since day 1. But this weekend was heavier more painful. I went to ER they did an u/s and did not find a fetal heart rate. What should I do..  I am sooo scared, This would be my first natural pregnancy since my 1st child was conceived using IVF because I had soo many problems conceiving. We thought we couldn't get pregnant naturally and are soo excited. I started to show early on so most of my family and friends know as does my excited 5 year old.. What to do??  I went in for an HCG test yesterday and am awaiting the results.
I had an ultrasound today. I am 6 weeks 5 days. They seen the heartbeat measuring 100 over the belly scan, But transvaginal they could not see anything. So now there saying the baby is too small or a glitch or im loosing it. I think there full of crap!!!
I seem to be having some of the same issues as others here, but I am not going to give up.  I had an ultrasound about 3 weeks ago and according to LMP I should have been 8-weeks.  The ultrasound showed a gestation sac, but no fetal pole.  I am still nursing my youngest son (9 months) so the doctor said I may just be not that far along.  I just had another ultrasound today and there was a fetus measuring 7w5d, but no heartbeat.  I go back next week for another ultrasound.  I have been having some cramping and spotting in the last few days, but I also have morning sickness.  The waiting is so hard.
Im currently 9 weeks and 2 days an on monday I was told the baby was only measuring at 7w4days and no.fetal heartbeat was detected thru a vaginal u/s im devastated this baby was planned im so confused because wed of last weel say baby with a strong heartbeat, now 2 u/s later nothin but im still nauseaus tired witj sore tender breasts, is it a mistake
We found out on April first of 2011 that we were pregnant for the second time. with our first child everything couldn’t have gone better except the labor which was my bodies fault nothing was wrong with our son, we didn’t find out till I was about 2 months pregnant with him. but with this pregnancy when we found out we were pregnant I called the dr. immediately my l.m.p was 1/17/11 my periods are usually abnormal or at least they were before our first son after that I was reg for the first time in my life so when I missed in Feb. I just figured my body was going back to "normal" but low and behold we were pregnant when I went to the dr. she went straight to the blood test not even worrying about the urine test it came out that I was appx 7 weeks along so she scheduled me an appt for the soonest she could which was the 5th of may when we went in she used the monitor to try and hear the heart beat in the office but could not find anything due to the fact I am over weight so she scheduled me an ultra sound for the 9th the day after mothers day me and my husband and our 16 month old where waiting as the tech was trying to get a reading joking around about what the baby looked like and stuff  like that and then she tells me I want you to look at this after she informed me there was no heartbeat I lost it but the next day I couldn’t help but think something’s not right if in the beginning of April I was 7 weeks  by the time they did the ultrasound I should have been between 12 and 13 weeks when the tech told us we had miscarried she said the baby had died at 8 week and a day now my concern is shouldn’t I have started cramping or spotting or bleeding nothing has happened I’m still leaking from my breasts and as my husband puts it I’m always hungry and I’m eating thing I would have never ate when not pregnant  we called the dr. this morning and she wants me to go in for another test and ultrasound some time this week right now I’m irritated with dr.’s in general I understand they are human and make mistakes but that’s why they go to school for so long and get paid as much as they do we put or lives and live of our loved ones in their hand and for it to be as stupidly simple as they are human and make mistakes doesn’t cut it for me we have accepted our second child may be dead but I’m going to make 100% sure before I finally say ok and let it go. So I guess what I am asking is if we find out that the baby is still alive should I go to the administrator of the hospital where I had the first ultra sound or should I talk to the dr. about it I mean if  it is my body or there was something wrong with the fetus I can accept that what I can not accept is someone not doing their job correctly! I am praying nothing is wrong with this child but at the same time I’ve herd it once and yeah it hurts but the  possibility that the baby could be alive and I go though with a d&c or this pill they can give you to help discharge the tissue I would never be able to forgive my self that’s like an abortion and I have very strong views against that I pray everyday that everyone going though this or have gone through this that it never happens again and they are healing physically and emotionally and if anyone has any suggestion on how I can get my husband to talk to me about this if we have actually lost this child I would appreciate it you can contact me at ***@**** thanks
i am 11 wks pregnant. today is noticed i was spotting bright red blood. i went for an u/s and no heart beat was found. i was in absolutely no pain and my blood tests gave results of high hormone levels. the doctor is sending me to a different hospital for a 2nd blood test to see if my hormone levels drop, and see if they can get a heart beat to show up. they say they don't have much hope for me, but there is a chance that the fetus is hidden behind my bladder or something, or the high blood levels could be b/c the fetus had just died. tonight, i am still experiencing no pain at all, and the spotting is lighter to almost gone and looks like old blood. they said i could be spotting from sex the night before, but that still doesn't explain why they can't see the heartbeat. i have had a very easy pregnancy w/ no nausea or anything else. maybe it's been so easy b/c i'm carrying a dead fetus, i wish i knew. this is very strange. i'm 30 years old, this is a planned pregnancy and is my first ever  pregnancy. i am devastated. can anyone give some advice please?
I wish I could give you some advice. I'm going through the same exact thing. I went in September 2, and had a vaginal sonogram, the baby measured at 8 weeks 4 days had a heart beat 150 beats per minute. everything looked fine and normal. I received my little photo of my sweet pea and was excited. I started telling everyone, I went 09/15/2011 (yesterday to see the dr. to have my pap smear done and te Doctor searched for my babies heartbeat and he could not find a heartbeat. I had another sonogram and I received the news I did not want to receive, the baby did not have a heartbeat and the baby stop growing. I was devasted, I am scheduled for a D&C tomorrow. But I will be so ready to try again! :(
Well I am  weeks pragnet and I went to the doctors their is no heart beat to the baby and the doctor said the sano gram looks abnormal and I was doing a little spotting my hormon leavels were normal but the doctor said their is a possibility for any thing Im just thing about asking for a d/nc has any one exerienced this
I went to my apt at almost ten wks expecting to hear a heart beat... we didnt I had a lil bit of spottimg that am. dr decided to do vaginal ultra sound... still no heart beat.. but baby measured 8wks. and besides no heartbeat he said everything looked normal.. we did check hcg level that day was 1700 . two days later checked again and it was 1500.. they told me to prepare for mis carriage... im devasted.. besides sum mild cramping. im feel ok..we r suppose to go talk to,dr monday... is it hopeless
By eight weeks you should definitely see a heart beat. No if's and's or but's. I am an ultrasound tech and there is no waiting period that will change that. of course if you are indeed 8 weeks..if the embryo measures 8 weeks by its CRL then it is a missed ab. We can see a heart beat as early as 5.5 weeks by transvaginally, I would probaby wait for a patient who is 5.5 weeks but definitely not eight. It's unfortunate and I am sorry it is happening to you or anyone else on this thread. Know that early miscarriages are normal and there is nothing you did wrong. Its mother natures way of ending something that may have not been developing correctly.  
I'm sorry but I saw your comment and that you were an ultrasound tech and wanted your opinion.

My last mp was 10/27/11. I went in on 12/21/11 for my first ultrasound and all she could see was an amniotic sac, no baby. It looked completely empty. My bloodwork that afternoon came back with high beta count and she said she was 90% sure that it was a blighted ovum??

I went back on 12/27/11 and the amniotic sac then had a yolk sac with a little smudge on the side. Dr said there was growth but she wasn't sure why my beta was so high.

Back again for a 3rd transvaginal ultrasound on 1/4/11 and there was now what she called a fetal pole. It seems the same as the crown rump that was mentioned in earlier posts. She said she measured it and I would've been about 6 weeks pregnant. Problem is there was no heartbeat detected.

I will go back again next Thursday. She says if we don't see a heartbeat by then it will be considered a lost pregnancy. What I don't understand is how can the baby still be growing but there be no heart? Should there be a heartbeat present already? Should I be concerned? If there is no heartbeat next week, should I wait another week just in case?

Thanks!
My first pregnacy. I'm 8 weeks pregnat, went in for my first doc app yesterday, they did my physical check up, they finally sent me for u/s and the tech didn't say much but was rude gave me a picture of my ultrasound and said here I don't see baby's heart beat. go sit out in waiting room till we get your results. I waited for 3 hours for them to read my u/s and for finally the doctor to be reached I sat there and cried. When the doctor said I miscarried because there's no heartbeat seen and the ultra sound measures the baby at 9 weeks when doctor say from my LMC I'm 8 weeks and from conception I'm 7 weeks. I'm sooo confused and hurt. IM not bleeding at all, and I scheduled for 2nd opinion with diff obgyn. I'm scared and our family is very sad! When will my body reject this fetus I'm not bleeding or anything!
I'm just wondering how things worked out for you, if you got your second opinion yet.  I am about 8 wks pregnant and had my first u/s today.  Dr. said there was no heart beat, but the baby's growth was the right size and wanted me to have a d&c tomorrow.  I decided to wait and am going back for another u/s in 2 wks.  I am so devestated and don't know if I should even hold out hope. I also don't know if I should go back to the same Dr.  They were really nice about it, they just didn't want to wait. I already have 2 healthy kids and never had a problem like this before.
I went for an u/s  2weeks ago and I was 6 weeks and was a heart beat, went back today and I'm 8weeks 4days but no heart beat?? but the baby is still there and bleeding has stopped, got another scan on wedsday next week. Is it possible the heart beat will be there??
i am a 26 year old mother of 2 beautiful kids a boy and a girl, who are only ten months apart, my daughter will be 5 in a couple weeks and my son will be 6 in september. Both were healthy babies and i had a normal pregnancy with both, no problems at all. Last month on the 23 i found out i was pregnant with a home pregnancy test, i was shocked and surprised. i mean i wasnt on any birthcontrol so its not like i was preventing it....but i love kids and always knew i would have more, just hadn't crossed my mind lately i guess you could say :) anyways i called my doctor and made an appointment, which i had on the 8th of this month they figured from my last period that i was about 9weeks.....they asked me how i had been feeling and for the most part i felt fine.....just the regular morning sickness and nausea that came on and off all day.....other then that i felt fine no cramping, spotting or anything out of the norm. so finally it was time for the ultra sound.......after about a min trying to get a good pic of my cervix we see the sac....but we couldnt see anything else......i didnt know what she meant, i sat up and she explained that it could be one of two things, i am earlier then i thought or she used some fancy word and after saying "ok...whats that?" she said it would be a miscarriage. i immediatly started crying i know people that have gone through that and i felt so sorry for them, but having to healthy pregnancies i thought like a lot of people that i couldnt happen to me. so she took some blood said not to worry and in a couple days come back give more blood and they would check my levels and if the were high then i am earlier then i thought......so i gave blood last week and schedualed a ultra sound appointment for next tuesday that my doctor requested 2 days ago......however she called today and asked me to come in, she got my blood work back and my levels were really low....meaning that fancy word that i can pronounce but i know what it means. she told me i have options i can still go to the ultra sound if i need to see for myself and if its like before i can wait and miscarry on my own cause still i have had no cramping , or i can have a D&C....i dont know what to do?  
Yes it do hurt, you cannot tell people it does not hurt. Everyone has a different uterus and are sensitive to different sensations. Please stop telling people this.
I"m in the same situation.  I know it's been awhile.  can you please tell me your outcome?
Dear gpereyra.....your story brought back hopes in my soul....I;m in pretty much same sit as you were, except for the happy part, to which I'm praying every sec I'm breathig ... I'm also told I'm 8-9 wks, although my calculations are for little less... a wk ago i could clearly hear the heart beat and could be seen on the screen as well...few days ago, to another check up,  was told no heart beat...unfortunally, in my case, i did anoth US same day, 1-2 hr later to another office, and told same thing...i'm devastated and in total denial, of course, refused d/c, my body shows not signs of rejecting pregnancy yet, and now i'm reading your story and get tears of hope....what were you told? was a maschine error, or is possible that to a moment, heart beat would stop, and then start beating again????
I would so appreaciate if you would be able to share with me what was the doctors explantion....is there any hope that 2 US are wrong?? My name is Cris...thank you so much for sharing your story!!!!
...uuuufffff....i'm in so devastated and in so much pain for what i'm going through, that I didn't even notice how old is the message I replay to....did anybody else experince same as in the message from gpereyra and have some thoughts to share??
so thank you all for sharing your thoughts!!
hi my name is chaya am 28 year old ,i got married 2010 may 20 ,now am pregnant  and i went hospital for checkup 8 weeks 2 days doc done the scan and he told me still no heartbeat start and he suggested me after one week  we will do one more scan,if its not positive we will clean the uterus am scared bec this is my first pregnancy ,and wen i checked urine test its came an positive me and husband feel very happy now i feel very sad .and friend any chances after 10 week it will start heartbeat pls help me and pry for GOD thank you
I'm 11 weeks and 3 days but my sonogram is showing that i'm 7 weeks and there is no heartbeat what can I do should I  be worry I never had a m/c before I have 2 girls and they are fine I don't kno what else to do anybody have so advice for me it could be positive or negative I just need something to look forward to cause not knowing is stressing me out
Hi All,
I have been reading these post over and over again for the last week trying to find comfort, hope or just clarity. The first day of my lmp was 8/1 and we went for an vaginal ultrasound 10/2 and they said i was 6wks 4dys.. we could see the baby and the yolk sac but no hearbeat. We were devastated. This is our first baby, first pregnancy and we have told everyone already. We go back weds 10/9 for another ultrasound. the doctor was very negative and even said with most certainty our baby had stopped growing and i would more than likely start spotting this week (that hasnt happened). I dnt have morning sickness and have felt well the entire pregnancy except for breast tenderness and being exhausted. I am praying for all of us!!!!! Miracles happen and its in Gods hands at this point. It is so hard not knowing or understanding but we must just take it one day at a time.
What was the outcome?
I even have worst cases when my baby is 8 weeks my doc said there is only a sac and no baby with a 5x6cm cyst. So she schedule me for a specialist. The next day i meet my specialist and done a us and tvs us and he saw the baby at 9.4 and sac at 24 but no heartbeat. I was devastated as i really want this baby and already told everyone. He said that im missesd miscarriage and only a miracle will save my baby. Im trusting god that my baby will be okay and i hav been reschedule for another us on 2/july/2014. Hope the best for my baby.
I have lots and lots of sympathy for the ladies in here  I had several miscarriages back in the old days. I am 56 now and have 3 beautiful sons and I am so grateful every day. I have to say that there was non of these tranvaginal scans available and I must say I'm glad as all they seem to do is cause nothing but worry and heartache. If you are going to miscarry it will happen anyway whether you have a scan or not... It should put women's minds at rest but it just seems to cause more worry for some women that will go on to have a viable pregnancy. My first scan was 20 weeks!!!! Can you imagine that!!!
I'm 9 weeks, supposedly. And was told today they can't hear my baby heart beat, I had light spotting night before, which lead me to er today. They checked me my cervix was closed and baby was visible on ultra sound just no heart beat, I have to go back two days from now to see if anything change and doctors were concerned I could be less weeks than I think... I'm praying that they hear heart beat, I'm scared and nervous, and emotional.. please pray for me..