Possible Abcessed Tooth while Pregnant
I am currently 6 months pregnant and I have been putting off dental work for the entire six months... I am concerned the tooth I have been ignoring is becoming abcessed (?spelling)... I am also worried about waiting till after the baby is born because I plan on breastfeeding... I am concerned about both the affects this could have on the baby and also the possible problems I could have if I ignore this tooth problem any longer... Please help me!

you must see a dentist and now.  if there is infection it can cause more problems even i have read problems with labor or preterm.  dental work can safely be done during pregnancy.  do not wait it out, you need to get it taken care of now.  dont worry, they wont do anything that would hurt the baby. your ob will let them know its ok and what meds you can take.
I strongly agree w/perty.  Good dental health is important during pregnancy.  
Yes, you need to see a dentist NOW!! Preferably before the 3rd trimester starts. If the tooth gets infected it can get into your blood and have a bad effect on the baby. I've had dental work through this pregnancy, even had a tooth pulled, and am fine at 27wks.
i feel better hearing you say that i have had 3 abcessed teeth and had to have them surgically removed but this one is giving me grief and every 1 is teeling me sumthing diffrent my obgyn called in tylenol 3 and darvocet even lortab but no freaking anti biotic i am very worried about my baby now im 20 weeks pregnant
I had an absessed tooth- you could be sure b/c of the pain!  It was the worst pain I have ever had- throbbing and unrelenting. I took the Tylenol 3 w/ little relief and I believe an antibiotic. Not only do you not want the infection spreading, but local (ex. Novacaine) is fine for you to get. You will have to wait to clear the infection before they'll do any long term work though.
Im pregnant and i just had my tooth pulled and it was abcessed and the pain is more intense cause u dont know what to take but the dentist numb my gums and pulled my tooth and gave me some pain medicine to take if i need it so far i dont and i am still taking my antibiotics so they can pull it but u  need to see a dentist now cause u can harm the baby by putting off and abcessed tooth and not treating it U NEED TREATMENT NOW im not trying to scare u but u will feel better
dont worry theres alot that can be done dental care wise during pregnancy! there going top be removing 19 of my teeth while im pregnant and its perfectly safe in fact, it may be for the best, remeber baby feels what mommy feels and pain will not a happy baby make!
go to the dentist check for infection and think happy!
i am 20weeks pregnant and have an absess on my gum at the back where my wisdom tooth will grow, can i take amoxillin or something while im pregnant
I have an abscess on my upper back tooth as well and my dentist called me in amoxicillin , and Tylenol 3 for the pain. I have only been on them for 24 hours and my face is still swollen but the pain has eased ALOT. they say that when the infection is as bad as I let mine get it can take 2-3 days for the antibiotics to start working. Also when i was 12 weeks along I had 2 wisdom teeth removed as well with Novocain and my booger is just fine and I am 18 weeks. hopes this helps some.
I am 10 weeks pregnate and have a wisdom tooth that broke off at the gumline a while back, and for the last three days, it has started swelling and is actually swolen over the tooth. My neck is swollen, and I have  a not in my neck under the jaw bone. I have taken tylenol for days and I cant get the pain and swelling to go away. I am thinking it may be absessed. Should I go to the ER?
I am currently 25 weeks pregnant. I had  very bad throbbing pain in my back tooth. I went to the dentist to see if there was anything they could do that would be safe during pregnancy. The dentist told me that i have an abscess.  he told me that it is safer for me to take a prescription of pen v  then it is to leave the infection flow through out my body.
The baby gets this infection through my blood stream and saliva.  My doctor confirms this and approved!   So for any pregger mommys, it is very important to see your dentist quickly. there are some very safe remedies :)    
I am 2 days away from my due date and I have a bad tooth ache, I don't know whether to wait it out until my baby is born or go to the dentist and try to take care of it. I am scared that they will want me to take an x-ray and give me medications
My dentist has just pulled out my my bad tooth. I'm on the 20th weeks of being pregnant. My ob had told me not to worry since it is much better for me to have my tooth be extracted than causing the baby harm if I won't. Some of my neighbors reacted negatively because of their belief that it can cause harm to the baby's safety. I couldn't help my self to sometimes worry, but after reading some of the posted comments, I feel better. Thanks a lot.
i have a tooth that was absest before i got preg and i got a root canal on it. i never got the cap over the root canal so it ended up chipping . my tooth is also chipped and black. i went to the doctor and they prescribed a for of vicoden (hydrocordone) and then another med that takes away the infection. the vicoden works pretty good but i only take half at a time because i threw up when i took a whole one. my mouth is swollen this morning and im wondering one,they can still pull it today as planned and two,if anyone else has been prescribed a form of vicoden before. i dont want to harm my baby.
I'm 34 weeks preg and I have an abscess where my filling feel out and m gum got infected around it. I've been o  penicillin for 2 day my face is still swollin but I have no pain.im so scared somthing will happen to my baby :(. I'm getting what's left of my tooth pulled monday
That is actually what I always wanted-- to experience NO Pain anymore. We are also the same that we have swollen gum around the back tooth. I am really suffering now. I wanted to ease the pain but I dont know how. Many people are trying to make me avoid tooth extraction..
i have a pain on my tooth at the back because it has a hole so i dont know if its the hole thats painful or my tooth,pls help i dnt know what to do and i dnt want it to harm my baby....help

Hi,im 12 weeks pregnant and i have an abscess problem in my tooth what should i do?dont want my baby harm in my womb...