Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
Progesterone and Bleeding???

Join other expecting mothers 25 to 34 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Progesterone and Bleeding???

I am on progesterone and am 7.5 weeks pregnant.  I have heard stories about women who have been on progesterone for several weeks at the beginning of their pregnancy and then the docot takes them off of it and they startbleeding.  My doctor has asked me to remain on it through at least the first trimester.

Has anyone experienced this?
Avatar n tn
I believe that your progesterone level needs to be at least 10 to sustain a pregnancy, so that does sound normal.
Avatar n tn
Mine was 22.1 a week ago which is good.   They like to see it at 15 or more.  I thik 10 is a little low.  But has anyone been on progesterone and then gone off of it during pregnancy and started bleeding?
Avatar n tn
my doctor had me taking progesterone supplements until I was 14 weeks (he said that was when the placenta takes over progesterone production). It worked!! I'm now almost 32 weeks.
Avatar n tn
maggie- I started progesterone supplements at 7 weeks and clcarter- no, I didn't bleed during the transition. I really don't think you should.
Avatar n tn
Did you bleed during that transition at 14 weeks?
Avatar n tn
Stacie, may I ask when you started your progesterone with this pregnancy? Thank you.

Using the progesterone up to 14 weeks is what I have heard the most.
Progesterone is a pregnancy managing hormone, It unwinds uterus and makes secretary change of endometrium so progesterone is vital before pregnancy. However you can likewise take progesterone supplement in the wake of being pregnant.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
krichar commented on photo
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy