Racing heart and aching jaw in pregnancy?
I've always had a problem with my heart racing but normally it takes about a half hour to stop or at least slow down to a managable rate. But I'm 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant as of today and last night I woke up to my heart racing and pounding so badly you could see it thumping in my chest and against my clothes. I didn't start to even slow down until an hour later and a full two hours later I was finally able to go back to sleep. The left side of my jaw hurt as well and that's never happened before. Anyone have this problem? Know anything to help?
I know your heart race speeds up with pregnancy, especially because it is working harder and pumping more blood. I never had a problem with my heart racing until pregnancy. One night I felt very anxious and it was racing and it took about an hour to get it to calm down. I mentioned it to my doctor the next day and she said it was normal. However, I would mention it to your doctor, especially if it is beating hard enough to see your chest move and I would mention the aching jaw as well. Just better to be safe :)