Really concerned - excessive weight gain
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I think I am gaining weight excessively. I have put on 5kg since the beginning of my pregnancy - that's a third of the total I'm meant to put on in total! I'm averaging between 0.5kg - 1.0kg a week and those averages scare me. I'm not eating really badly but I am too sick to exercise at the moment :(

I'd love to hear any thoughts / stories / suggestions from anyone out there. I feel so helpless and alone :'(
My first trimester i stopped exercising because I was just too tired. I was also always hungry and had a horrible mouth taste all the time that only went away while eating so I ate and ate and I put on some extra weight. I got better on my 17th week and now I can excersice a bit and eat less. Don't stress out too much. It gets better, atleast you're not always vomiting and loosing excessive weight.
Has your doctor said anything?
I put on 60lbs with my first. I was retaining water and was putting on 2lbs a week the last 6weeks. My doctor was reassuring when I freaked about it. She said it was mostly water and I would lose it after the baby was born. She just wanted me to relax and not worry. And not restrict calories. She wanted me to put on 40lbs with him, so I put on a lot more then advised. He is extremely health, happy and intelligent. I lost 25lbs by my postpartum visit and another 20lbs by the time him was six months. The rest of my pregnancies I haven't put on nearly as much and have anyway been able to get down to pre-pregnancy by the post partum visit.
My only advise is if you know your diet isn't that good, try to change it and eat as healthy as possible. If your really concerned, bring it up to your doctor at your next visit. If he/she is to concerned then relax.

Always been able to lose the weight
If doctor isn't
Pardon my typing, I'm on my phone.
It's not just about exercise. Try to eat more healthy things & remember although everyone says you're eating for two, the baby only needs about 450 extra calories a day. Healthy weight gain is important as it could make for a more difficult labor & delivery.
I wouldn't worry most ladies gain waight in there first trimester as some ladies feel sick ... tiyerd ... Hungary ... Can't move because you feel unwell ..the second trimester you feel better and able to do stuff like go for a walk you get some energy back the sickness goes and you able to enjoy you pregnancy.. Third trimester you get more sleepy but you have a bit of energy in burst and baby sits on your stomoke so you can't eat as much and it's all getting ready for birth.. But all I'm saying is the waight you gain now you will lose when you get your energy back so don't worrie about it your body is doing what it needs to do right now it's nothing to worrie about my waigh went up and down at the start I was 11 stone then went up to 12 stone  now I'm dropping bk Down and I'm 8 days over due
Ive put on 10kg already. I'm 26weeks my app says I should only have put on 6 by thus stage. I wouldn't worry about it. With my first I put on 25 kg and lost most of it within a week of giving birth. I carry a lot of fluid.
I've put on over 10 lbs n I'm 11 wks preggo. I was 120 lbs b4 I tried to get pregnant so u can say I was under weight( I'm 5 foot 7 in) my I'm expecting app tells me I've put on excessive weight but that seems a Lil wrong since they don't kno that much about u !!! I'm also showing already but again I was skinny when I got pregnant my stomach was flat !! I wouldn't worry to much
Just try to be careful from here on out and eat as healthy as u can  also if you can get up and do a little something everyday just for even 10 minutes it will help. My metabolism changes a lot when I am pregnant and I didn't know that with my first..I gained over 70 pounds. It was difficult to get rid of but I did get back to pre pregnancy weight eventually.  This is my fifth pregnancy and I have actually kept up my exercise routine of zumba and yoga and I have gained 15 lbs..and I am 22+5. I feel better in this pregnancy than any of the others..less pain too.  Sometimes I don't feel like starting to exercise but I feel great after I do. Just don't go overboard and don't diet. Hope this helps.
Just as a guide you only need an extra 200 calories in the last trimester. That's the same as 2 slices of buttered toast or a glass of milk with banana. Try and eat the quantities you always have done at this stage and remember you'll loose most once baby arrives. If your doctor isn't concerned then there's no need for you to be concerned. Keep smiling xx
My doc hasn't said anything. I don't think he's even noticed! I haven't even been weighed yet so he wouldn't have a clue. I'm kind of relieved that I haven't been weighed but at the same time I'm really frightened. I've always been a "fatty" and only in the last few years have I managed to get myself under control and back to a normal weight (by losing 56kg!). Now I'm just worried that I'm undoing all of that, even though I'm not eating badly. I have a history of eating disorders so eating regular meals is foreign to me and makes me uncomfortable because all I see is the scales going up. I am definitely thankful that I'm not vomiting all the time - I have my moments and feel nauseous all the time, hence why I'm eating because that seems to help a bit, but I know it could definitely be worse. PS this is my first pregnancy, so I'm a newbie at this!
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions and advice. This is my first pregnancy so to say I'm a novice is an understatement at best. As a person who has struggled with my weight all my life, and only just managed to get it under control, I guess I am a little more paranoid than normal.
I know it's hard, but now is not the time to worry about being a "fatty." That's not what you are; you are a healthy woman providing for a healthy baby. I gained 50 pounds with my first, lost it, and put 10-15 pounds back on that I have had trouble with. And now I'm pregnant again! I haven't gained much weight yet, I'm 11 weeks. But I have been bloated so I look quite pregnant! It's hard to think I need to keep eating, because I haven't gain enough- I gained like 4 pounds then lost most of it, and I've only put back on 2 or 3 pounds. But I look probably 10 pounds heavier.