Sleeping position
Okay so i read that we must lie on left side specially in second trimester. I do sleep mostly on my left but there are occasions when I feel like sleeping on the other side.Just wondering is it really possible to sleep only on left always? How about you all...have you changed your sleeping position during pregnancy? Does it really matter?btw m 15+ weeks.
I'm 20 weeks 5 days and I do my best to lay on my left but I lay too much I get sick of it so I go to my right. If I don't switch it up my ear ends up hurting as wwll and then it prevents me from laying on that side till the next night
Same is the case with me
I've had several children, and those 'rules' where not around when I was pregnant with my older kids- so I didn't follow them.  With my last two, I did try to lay on my left side, and did it with my youngest the most- but, I think sometimes it's just hard to do that and be comfortable.  I'd mention it at your next appointment to see if your doctor has any tips and see how important it is- but I wouldn't stress over it too much- the stress about not laying right, is probably worse then laying on the right side. :)
Good to hear that.My doctor said its good to sleep on left side so that baby position is correct but lying always on left is such a pain...so wanted to know what other going to mothers practice:)
i sleep on my both sides
How about lying on back? I sometimes lie on my back with my feet folded upwards.
my doctor told me not to sleep on my back because i cut the babys oxygen
Oh thanks for the imp information. I will avoid sleeping on back completely
welcome
Thanks hey I didn't know aswell that sleeping on your back cuts baby's oxygen...tnx for de hint
I'm on my 4th pregnancy and have always slept on my right side. For your nauseous or having problems breathing then I would switch.
I am so glad you asked this question. I bought a pregnancy pillow because it is just so uncomfortable to sleep on the left side.
The best sleep position during pregnancy is “SOS” (sleep on side). Even better is to sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby.
Keep your legs and knees bent, and put a pillow between your legs.

Sleeping on your back: This can cause problems with backaches, breathing, the digestive system, hemorrhoids, low blood pressure and cause a decrease in circulation to your heart and your baby.

This is a result of your abdomen resting on your intestines and major blood vessels (the aorta and vena cava).

Bear in mind you may change sleeping positions during the night which is fine.
Thanks..that helps