Somewhere between pre and active labor...help!
I'm 40 weeks today and for about a week have been i  prelabor , contractions every 8-10min nice and firm...
Last night and all day today they've been much sharper and I lost my plug...I'm still at a steady 7-8min aprt though.

Ok concerned things will just speed up in an instant and gma who is taking our toddler is 40min away once we get ahold of her.

My hubby and I are currently arguing over when to call her.... I felt like we should just take her there for a overnighter tonight but he has no qualms about waking up our teething 2 year old and talking her with us to the hospital which is halfway between gma' house and ours.

My sister gets into town after traveling 24 hours tomorrow at like 4am so once we get there somebody will be here to watch our daughter.

I just feel like we are flirting with a small window here and it's stressing me out.
Unless you don't mind being induced, you are still probably not ready to go into the hospital for delivery hon.  Contractions need to be consistently closer together than 7 to 8 min.  I had latent phase labor and instead of waiting it out for them to get closer together, I was induced as I labored like that for a long time and was started to get dehydrated as I threw up with my contractions when they intensified.  

I'm probably not being helpful. LOL  sorry.  It's been half a day since you posted. HOw did it go? What did you decide?