Uninsured and pregnant
Hi.I just took 3 at home tests and they say I'm pregnant and I have sore breasts,headaches,fatigue,so I definetly know I'm pregnant.I'm also uninsured.I was wondering if any of you are or have been in the same position and if you have any help and advice to offer.This was definetly an unplanned thing,so any advice is appreciated.Thank you.
I'm not sure where you live but if its in the us I'm pretty sure you can get  a medical card for being pregnant it should cover your pregnancy and the birth . My sister had to do this last year when she was pregnant. I'm not sure what is covered after that being she didn't keep the baby after it was born.
You need to go down to your dhs office "welfare" and tell them your pregnant it will cover everything and your baby will also be covered, maybe get a proof pregnancy, check a free clinic in your area
thank you,and I live in washington,I'm freaking out,just want my baby to be healthy
Generally speaking Medicaid will cover you for your pregnancy if you meet the financial qualifications...they will definitely cover the pregnancy and birth...and beyond if you continue to meet the criteria.
If you can't get approved for medicaid you can see if there is a prenatal clinic in your area. Usually run by the local health department. They provide the same prenatal care as any doctor's office. They ususally have midwives & nurse practitioners that you see regularly & doctors on call. There will be a minimal fee compared to going to a DRs office. Like $25 per visit & delivery fee.
I'm unemployed,so I'm hoping I qualify,I'm not sure how they determine that
I know in ct that you automatically get state insurance and can receive cash assistance if you are pregnant and unemployed. Look to see if they have wic there also
Meg. I am in Washington too. The fastest way to do it is have a Dr confirm it first (walk in clinic or planned parenthood) and if you JUST go for pregnancy coverage it will take several weeks. If you apply for ebt as well, you can go through a short interview process and be covered immediately and they will back date the insurance coverage to the first of Jan.
Hit send before I finished...sorry...that way any extra bill at say a walk in clinic to prove you are pregnant should be covered. Unless there is an overage from your out of pocket expense, you wouldn't get any $ back though. Just so you know.You can also sign up for wic after doctor confirmation. If any other questiona, you can always private message me as well.