WHAT CAN YOU SEE IN A ULTRASOUND ONLY 4 WEEKS
What do you see in a ultrasound of a four or three week pregnant women?
I believe it depends on your HCG levels.  I know when I had a sono at 4 wks, it just showed the gest sac.
Not much of anything. It wouldn't surprise me to see nothing at all. At my first u/s at 5wks all we saw was a yolk sac, no baby, no fetal pole or heart beat. So I would imagine that you would see less than that which would be nothing.
Normally you can't see anything at 3-4 wks.    You've asked this several times. Please use your other posts for more questions.    
http://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html

Try this website.  It shows week by week u/c pictures starting at week 4.  I found it very helpful.  I think the answer to your question is not much!
Thats cool Maya, thanks!
I originally thought I was 6 weeks pregnant, turns out I'm only 4-5 weeks.  I was bleeding so they did an u/s last week.  At 4 weeks all I could see was a sac and a little circle.  That circle is my baby.  That's what you'll see this early on.  Good luck!  
thanks that helped alot
http://www.ob-ultrasound.net/

http://radiology.creighton.edu/pregnancy.htm#section4

These two websites are also very helpful.  They tell you a lot about u/s during early pregancy, as well as the mean gestational sac size, fetal pole size, etc.
this is the first time ok
4 weeks means 2 weeks from ovulation, i.e. just around the time we start taking our home pregnancy test in anticipation!  I think very few people even get u/c at this point, and you really see very little at this point.

3 weeks means one week from ovulation and conception: the pregnancy test will not even tell yet you that you are pregnant.  So if you are 3-4 weeks, you shouldn't worry about seeing anything!
hi im on my 5th child all great while pregnant went for u.s this morning measured just about 6 weels saw sack no heartbeat or small bean to go back in 7 days to have another u.s  ive had no bleeding or cramping really paincin ...anyone any had the same sort of thing as me...x
if you read darkestlights post above she had the same type of thing.

some girls don't see that little bean and heartbeat until 8 weeks and maybe even further.

remember everybaby grows at its own pace.

good luck
CHELLYBEANS...THANKS VERY MUCH FOR UR SUPPORT..XX
they saw nothing at 4 weeks has anyone had that happen
they should at least be able to see a yolk sac and a Gestational Sac.
I am 5 weeks gestational and conceived on August 5 or 7, 2007.  I went for an u/s today and they saw the gestational sac and a cyst on my right ovary. I go back on 9/5/07 for another ultrsound.  Should they have seen more?  It is very early so I don't know whether to worry or not (ok, I'm already worried !)   My HCG levels are doubling and my progeserone is withoin limits.  

I am concerned because I had an ectopic in January 2007 and another miscarriage in May 2007.  

Has anyone else had this?
i went for an u.s. today. i am 5 weeks. they saw the gest. sac, cyst on both my ovaries, & a yolk. they are considering changing my due date. i conceived 2 days after you. turns out the cysts are good in a pregnancy. they said it is added progesterone. they told me there were no worries & i am returning in 2 weeks to check for a heart beat. hope all worked out well today for you. 9/5/07:)
you will only see the gestational sac and that is it at 4 to 5 weeks.

teneal
yeh my friend had the same thing both pregnancies and they are healthy babies
Thanks everyone for the info!  I went for another u/s on 9/4 - I saw the gestational sac, yolk sac, cyst and the HEARTBEAT!!!  So far so good.  What a difference a week can make :)  Just to make me feel better my dr. has scheduled another u/s on 9/18.  
my last perod was on 27 august im 1 week late test came bak posetive had some pains went for a scan it turns out im only 3 weeks pregnant in the ultra sound they seen nothing no sac or anything i beging to worry as i had a miscarriage 2 years ago does anyone know if this is normal
Hi everyone,

I had my period on May 18th and it lasted for 1 day. I went with my friend to the Dr. and I asked them if I could do a pregnancy test and it was positive so I made a Dr.'s appointment for the next day (today). Well I went to my appointment and they did an ultrasound and didn't see anything. The Dr. said that it was probably because I was too early and not to worry about it. I did a urine test for them again and it was positive so I took 2 more home test and they were both positive. They estimated me to be around 5 weeks pregnant. I am sort of worried about them not seeing anything on the ultrasound. When I was pregnant with my son I seen him at 7 weeks clear as day. They scheduled me for another ultrasound on Thursday, I am pretty nervous. Any advice?
my last period was 17/8,and i took a few pregnant test,all show positive. i went to ultrasound yesterday,according dr now i am pregnant 5week already but through ultrasound,i see nothing just endometrium (uterus) thicker than usual.Am i pregnant?
i went to doctors and had an ultrasound done. I saw about 7 curcles or so, i looked on the internet does this mean i am preggz? Please advise me!!!!!!! Thank you
If you have an ultra sound before the 6 week mark there isnt much to see i'm afraid. I have found out im pregnant and 5 weeks gone with my hcg levels being higher than expected and doubling every 2days. I had an ultra sound at 5 weeks and theres not much to make out really but still just seeing something gets your heart racing and your emotions just fly straight out the window. Apart from all the cramps and tucking/pulling I get consistantly I pretty much feel great ummm well maybe not sore boobs don't help and the nipples WOW the nipples just pop out all the time and feel sore and tingly.

I wish everyone the best with their pregnancy, enjoy the moments as it doesn't last forever.

Congrats to you all.
I went to the drs and i was confermed pregnant, i had a misscarrage only two months ago, so i went to the hospital for a u/s scan but nothing was seen at all, she said maybe its becuase i am to early, i had to have blood test, and i am having my second on monday. I have taken 3 tests and all have came back positive. But today i started gettin this brown discharge. (but no abdominal pain) has this happend to anyone. as i am worried now. x
I went in Monday 3-26 very excited, the first day of my last period was 3-30 so i figured i was about 4 weeks. The Doctor wanted to do an u/s so I went in Wednesday....I saw the gestation sac, and got so excited, the u/s tec seemed too really not want to talk about the baby. She just said the PA would get with me. She called me into a room and said my gestation sac measured at 6 weeks and there was no viable futus and i needed a DNC asap. NO WAY could i make that choice then and there like she wanted! I came home and started reading up, I really think I am just 4 weeks and maybe the measurments were wrong. I go back 5-5 and should be right at 5 weeks and I pray we see a baby!! I am so sad and panicing, we have tried for 8 years for this baby!!
The sack can usually be seen from 4 & 1/2 wls pregnantand the yoke from 5 weeks pregnant.
I had an internal scan today and i'm only 4+3 weeks and they couldn't see anything as i'm too early but did my bloods and my pregnancy HCG levels and progesterone have come back perfect so im not worrying :)
I found out i was pregnant about a week ago and i had my first u/s today. All we was ale to see was the sack. My ultrasound tech told me i was 5wks but my doctor told me that the first 2 wks dont count and im only 3 wks. Im confused. Has anybody ever heard anything like that?
can u accually see in a sono if ur going to get ur period
hi i went into the er 7 days late on my period and had a faite  positive pg blood test they did a quantaive hcg and my levs was at 9 i have had a ultrasound since and they thought maby they was seeing the ges sac and it mesured me at 4 weeks my hcg levs have been risein like they should even no they was very low at first  but have not seen anythin on ultrasound yet i go for another on wed jan 12 wich would put me bout 6 weeks so wish me luck i will keep yall up dated
This is a really old post. You should create your own post to hopefully get some more responses from people.

I did want to say though that I really think you should push the ultrasound back at least another week or two. Wait to have an ultrasound until you are at least 7 weeks. 6 weeks is still too early and will cause you a lot of concern if you do not see a heartbeat. One week can make a huge difference in what you see from an ultrasound. The heartbeat SHOULD be able to be seen at 7 weeks so I would recommend postponing your ultrasound by 1 week.
Good luck.
Hello, after thinking I was infertile, I got pregnant for the first time on August 2010. Unfortunatly I couldn't enjoy my pregnancy for long. I was considered high risk from the beginning cause I have Hyperthirodism and Grave's disease. I went to my OB/Gyn the next week after I got my postive. An ultrasound confirmed 8 weeks pregnancy. The baby seemed prefectly fine, heartrate was good. Two days later, I have my app. with the High Risk Specialist, baby's heartrate was no longer heard. Went back to my O/Gyn he comfirmed. Went for a D&C the next day on August 27, 2010. As you can imagine me and the hubby were devastated.

After this miscarreage, I became more obssesed with pregnancy, learning everything I could about it fertility, and I got so good, my husband and family say I can actually be a gynocologist now. lol...So, do the knowledge I gained with cervix, bbt etc. I got pregnant again, and this time I noticed right away I was pregnant. (next day) as crazy as it may sound, and the test came back positive pretty quick too. I knew i am 4 week pregnant, but since last pregnacy i was 8 week and the baby was so prefectly seen, I expected the same in this ultrasound. To my surprise, the could see the sac and the fluid but that was it. the doctor scheduled me to go back in 2 weeks (january 27, 2010). As i have researched online, and as what the doctor told me, it is normal. But i cant help to get nervous, I am praying we see a baby on my next app. but i'm still not going to be able to relax until i actually give birth to my baby.

Good luck to all of you, most of this posts are very old, i hope you all made it.

i had an eptopic in november last year, and had to have one of my tubes removed . i have now found out im having a baby and the test says im 4 to 5 weeks . i have had craping pains but no blood so went down to the hospital , for a scan , they saw a bag in my womb but no baby , but did a blood test and they have come back 2264 is this good . im back in the morning for another blood test , i hope to god it has doubled but i will still be fighted till i see a heart beat . just wish i did not have these pains , has anyone else been like this x
Hi, I'm going through the same thing, my doctor was worried that I was going to have another ectopic like the one 2 year ago but, they did some tests and it seems like there is no ectopic. What worries me is that my doctor says that they can't see the embryo only a sac, I'm supposed to be 5 weeks tomorrow 5/26/11, but my hormone level is going up which they said it's good but she also said that if tomorrow they still can't see an embryo they will have to do a D&C. I'm just hoping my baby is ok and growing.
Thank you...my youngest is 12 this year and I have recently gotten married and found out I am pregnant. When I went for my ultrasound they could see a sac but nothing in it and I have to go back this following Thursday for another ultrasound.I was abit nervous but reading your comments has made me feel much better. Thank you to all xxx
IM 4WKS PREGNANT WENT TO THE ER THEY SAID THEY COULDNT SEE ANYTHING MY PREGNANT TEST WAS POSITIVE IM VERY NERVOUS  THEY SAID IT COLD BE AN ETOPIC PREGNANCY AFTER TAKING THE ULTRASOUND .....IN NEED FOR ADVICE
i had same thing happen to me yesterday. I havent had a period since 10th April, breasts started getting sore in may and i thought i was expecting. All my tests were negative until 19th June. They now think i may be around 4 weeks or an ectopic.They wont bring me back until july 15th for another scan. I really feel pregnant so hope i am. Really want this baby. Please let me know how you are getting along.
For everyone out there- Heres a weird one!

LMP started June 20th 2011- June 23rd 2011
Had light brown stringy stuff July 7th for about three days
No July period
July 24th 2011 Negative HCG blood and home tests
Breasts got tender around July 30th 2011
Positive Pregnancy Test August 1st 2011- HCG level 186
BUT Negative ultrasound (couldnt see a thing)
August 11th 2011 Could see a yolk sack no heartbeat or embryo. Just a dark sack with a little white dot in it...

The doctor thinks I concieved TWO weeks later than this phone app said I wouldve  (Theres an app for that!).So either I'm four or five weeks now. Or my baby is having issues.

Had a blood test and will know if my HCG has doubled. I'll let you all know what happens.  

My periods have always been irregular and I will add I had my IUD Mirena removed March 4th of this year.

Wish me luck ladies and to you all as well!!
Im 4 weeks and 6 days and in my ultrasound only the sac was seen, is that normal that the baby hasnt showed. Im nervouse and not knowing gets me anxious. Can anyone answer :\?
They can't really do one that early only picks up at 6/7 weeks n even then they can only see the sac
I was in the hospital for severe ab pain and when given an u/s and vaginal u/s. there was no gestational sac. My hcg was 2997. Doc said I should wait but did not rule out ectopic pregnancy
did you have a negative blood test before June 19th?  I had a Negative Quantitative Blood test, But I feel pregnant. . My Cycle is always normal and I haven't had a period Since April. . I Was Supposed to get my period around May 12th But Nothing. . Now It's almost time for another period and I'm not having any premenstrual symptoms like i normally do. . . But I'm definitely having pregnancy symptoms. . . My doc put me on a 10 day supply of progesterone suppositories to Start My period But I Never Got it. . Because all Of My tests are negative for pregnancy, He's now talking about putting me on Birth Control to Straighten Out My Cycle, But I don't Want to take It If I'm pregnant. . I Know I Sound Crazy, But I Know My Body and I've Never Skipped a period in my life Until after I had Unprotected Sex May 30th and April 1st. . . . 2 of My fertile days during that Cycle. . . . . How Many Weeks Were you When you finally Got a positive pregnancy test? and Was It a Urine Or a Blood test?  I had Some Brown and pink Spotting for a few days that Started about 8 days after Ovulation (Which ended right before My period Was due) Which My primary Care physician Suspected Could've been implantation Bleeding. . . . If She's right, then I Would be about 3 1/2 Weeks pregnant as Of Now.
It depends on your hcg levels. I had a home pregnancy test  positive only 2 weeks after my period.  Pregnancy tests test positive when levels are only 25.
Hi, I was 4-5 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding all week and passed a clot this morning . I went into A&E, and was scanned and nothing could be seen. HCG levels came back 6969!!! Waiting to get more bloods done in 48 hrs ... Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks