Window of conception
If I had sex 4 days before my scans are saying I got pregnant is that normal? For the sperm to last 4 days? Or is it more likely that the scan is off a few days?
Sperm can last 5-6 days in the woman's reproductive tract.  But also keep in mind that your scans, if they are giving you a count like "x weeks pregnant," are beginning the count at the assumed first day of your last period, not the assumed day of conception.
Yeah I know they tack on the two weeks. I'm just wondering if it's really likely that the sperm lives that long. I know it's possible, just doesn't seem like it's too likely. But I don't know how that works. I'm just coming up on my due date on Friday, and nothing has happened. Like no Braxton hicks, no dialation, haven't lost my mucus plug or anything, so I'm trying to see what my most likely due date is. And it's my first, and it's a boy. I don't know if that matters
Sometimes baby is just comfy up in there and doesn't want to come out. I hope it happens soon for you the last few weeks are the worst :) good luck
Sperm will actually burrow into the lining of your uterus until an egg is released and as said above, can live for 5-6days like that so it is very possible for you to have conceived a few days after you had sex
I would just like to know how likely is it...I'm also pregnant and would like to know how likely is it to get pregnant from sex 3-4days before ovulation. Isn't the 5day a long stretch?
Thanks ladies!
sperm can live up to 7 days while your egg only survives for 24 hours (1day)
And also keep in mind your due date is only a guess. And your drs go by your lmp. So really. If your 40 weeks, it's been 40 weeks since your lmp but baby is 38 weeks. Thats why it is normal for some woman to go to 42 weeks. And some sooner. Good luck!!