baby shower help
Ok so my mother in law acted super excited about helping my mom throw my shower about 2 months ago now she totally keeps spacing :( last fri i called the venue we picked they only had one more sat left in april it was then or 2 weeks before my due date i told the lady id get the deposit and bring it by told my mil that day she said shed do it sat didnt do it sat sun or mon i told my mom tue she had it fixed in 5 min and shes 3 hrs away :/ the mil lives in the same town as me and the venue :' she hasnt asked a single question about my shower and i havent brought it up. Tomorrow im.going looking for a cake and gonna ask if i can walk thru the building to figure out how much decor to buy. I was thinking id just say here is the budget ive worked out ill get everything if you'll just figure out how much $$ you want to contribute if you still want to :' she'll most likely take offense since shes rather controlling and would prefer to pick things out. Ugh!!! :(
She sounds like a spaz :( I would just plan the whole thing with my mother and the in law will figure it out when she recieved her invite. :(
It sounds like this may be overwhelming for her.  To me,  this is too much,  and it may feel like that to her,  too.  If your mom is able to,  have her send out your invitations about 3 weeks before the shower,  and come down one Saturday so you can go through the venue,  and then go to Hobby Lobby and pick out a few things,  and invite your MIL to come along.

I threw a shower for my bff while I was preg and had the same issue. I ended up not getting anything but rudeness from her MIL...she said she'd bring stuff and she didn't and she didn't pay what she said she would either. It was very frustrating but in the end I kept the mom to be focused on the fact that it was her day and no matter what else was going on to stay stress free and enjoy....just had to yell at MIL once lol. Keep focused on the big picture and forget your MIL
..if she pouts and says u didnt include her late r point out the times u tried and she bailed and leave it at that.