could i be having twins ?
was wondering if my hcg and progesterone, could be twin pregnancy im a couple of days pregnant not even missed my period yet ? but tests are all coming up positive did you realise early that you were pregnant ? i have sore boobs constipation and alot of gas feeling hungry all the time but very very tired.i had a scan were nothing was showing up apart from the thickening of the uterus, so had bloods taken and they confirmed i was pregnant even tho nothink was visible, hcg of 103 and progesterone 88, 2 days after i had 2nd bloods taken, and were hcg of 228 and progesterone 89, had my third lot of bloods taken today, so anxious to find out could i show twins this early on ?
You are.doubling which is normal for single or multiple babies. It's possible you can tell that way with some women maybe . Before my ultrasound (and even after) everyone kept telling me that it must be twins with how high my levels are. This was the nurses that I saw. Turned out to he just one. Not even a caae of a vanishing twin. I was in the er early on a lot so I know exactly from point a to point z there was only one. So again, yea its possible, but isn't a definite determination.
A friend of mine who was pregs with twins had a first hCG count that was really low, 60 or 70 I think at 4 weeks.  I don't think you can necessarily tell twins by hCG levels or even by the rate of rise.  Yours is doubling, maybe if it was absolutely racing up there it might be an indicator, but doubling is normal.  Like Flickan says, doubling is normal for single and for multiple pregnancies.