Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
diabetes!

Join other expecting mothers 25 to 34 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

diabetes!

well got my diabetes results bk and it looks like ive got diabetes. waitin 2 speak 2 my midwife about what treatment they will give me. hopin it will b just a good diet, ive been told that sometimes thats enough 2 keep it under control.
Avatar n tn
hi , im uk too (staffordshire) got family near you though ! depending on your result they can control it with diet but may need insulin , thet teach you how to do it and it aint too bad and corrects its self afterbirth usually . how far are you ?
Sorry to hear about your diabetes... There are ways though that you can get this undercontrol with your diet...  You are due in June, right?

out of curiosity - where are you located (since you mentioned that you are going to a midwife) ???
I had GD and I was primarily controlled though diet. My morning sugar couldn't be controlled though so I was on insulin at night time before I went to bed. Good luck.
Avatar n tn
Hi - I did so much research on this when I had to do my 3 hour GTT test (negative, I was lucky).  Anyway, in most cases, it's totally controllable with diet.  Here is a sampling of a diet that one of my friends had to stick to (I don't think she'd mind me sharing - it's so helpful):

*Balance the carbs better over 4 meals and 2-3 snacks/day.
*Eat something every 2 hours, except at night.
*Make sure that your nightime snack and breakfast the next morning are no more than 10 hours apart.
*Make sure you have a protein (eggs, meat, peanut butter ect) with each meal and at least an 8 oz glass of milk.

This is the carb plan she's on:  
breakfast - 30 carbs
mid morning snack - 30 carbs
lunch - 45 carbs
mid afternoon snack - 20 carbs
dinner - 60 carbs
bedtime snack - 20-30 carbs

I hope this helps you to feel a little better!  Also, the chances of getting type 2 diabetes later in life is only 2-3% - extremely low.  Most of this is a pregnancy thing.  Good luck to you!!!  It will be fine!
Avatar n tn
im due june 19th, im in bristol uk.
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
1 hr ago
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
1 hr ago
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy