drop in hcg levels possible miscarriage
I found out that I was pregnant on Thursday the 26th of June. Two days before that I was bleeding, it was not heavy at all, actually it was not light but it was not heavy, anyhow, I told the ob nurse that had called me to tell me about the test, and she said that usually if I have more than one episode of bleeding, then they have me take a HCG level test, but she said that since I have had a PID before then she wanted me to go in, and so I did and the results for the first test was at about 40,000. Then the second one was decreased and to about 36,000. So I went in for an ultrasound and they said that my baby had not fully developed and that I was having a "missed abortion", but I have not had any cramping or any bleeding since my light episode before thursday. Also, they said that the baby was the size of a grain of rice and I'm wondering if you can already see the heartbeat, because they said that my baby did not and that is how they determined that it was dead, so I am just wondering what you all think, if you all think that the baby is also dead or not, and I also want to know if anyone has ever been in the same situation as I have been and then went back for a second u/s and it was healthy. I just really need some kind of hope to hold on to. Thanks.
Hi.. I find myself addicted to these sites.. looking for a case like mine that ended happily...
I got pregnant for the first tme n August, I felt within 2 days of missing my period that something was wrong, i went to my Dr. and told him i think i am having an Ectopic pregnancy (after googling my symptoms) - he said that is near impossible - after 2 weeks of pain, ultrasounds and blood tests, my right tube burst and I was rushed into surgery- Ectopic it was!
On November 20th i was 2 weeks preggo! my HCG dropped from 216 to 46 within 4 days (in week 5) and i was told i was miscarrying - its been one week since then and i have been bleeding but not as heavily as my normal period.. Its so difficult to cope with.. i need to go in for a check up, but im worried of getting more bad news so ive been postponing it :S
I just resently had a miscarriage my hcg levels were down to 30 on dec 20th I miscarried on the 25 through that week. Now about three weeks after the miscarriage my hcg levels were at 138 but then dropped down to 97 three days later does this meen I got pregnant and misscarried again? :(
I had a positive pregnancy test on the 28/9 with a hcg of 92 then on the 2/10 my hcg went up slightly to 108 and on the 6/10 down to 75.  I have been having brown spotting for 1 week now.  Can anyone tell me how long it will take to miscarry or at what hcg levels I will start to bleed.  I just want this to be over with.  Any advice appreciated.
I found out September 30th I was pregnant by taking a home pregnancy test.  I had an irregular period, so they based my due date of that which made my due date May 15th,2010.  Later because I wasn't gaining weight, I was loosing, and they used a small machine to try and hear the babies heartbeat they couldn't find it, so they decided to move the due date and would find out what it is by my ultra-sound which was November 4th.  I went to get my ultra sound, the tech at first could not find them so she decided to use the vaginal ultra sound probe.  She studied my whole uterus, the found two babies.  I started to cry.  She looked concerned, sent me up to the doctor, I waited for the doctor to tell me they couldn't find a heartbeat in either one of them, I am sorry.  We will do an hgc blood test, and do another again friday which was today, those levels dropped, and he gave me 10 days to try and pass the miscarriage and to retest my hgc levels is how he put it.  Is that what they should do, is it even known that they are 100% sure that I have miscarried my twins, is there any hope?  For personal answers please email at ***@****
Hi, I had miscarriage after miscarriage right when I reached 5 weeks.  It wasn't until the doctor put me on intensive bed rest that I was able to have any success in pregnancy.  With my first sucessful pregnancy I bled from 5 weeks straight through to 14 weeks.  Heavy bleeding.  Everytime the doctor checked the baby was fine and now is 7 yrs old. My second sucessful pregnancy 4 yrs later, I bled straight through from 5 weeks until 20 weeks.  Heavy bright red bleeding even though my cervix remained closed.  My second one is 3 years old.  The measurement of my HGC lvls was a huge concern, but since they doubled like a normal pregnancy the best we could do was hope for the best.  I know this is hard for you.  Once of my pregnancies had declining hgc lvls after five weeks but the sac continued to grow. By four months I was soaking a pad in 15 minutes flat.  I barely made it to the doctors office where they performed the d&c without pain killers.  I nearly bled to death on the way, best bet is to listen to your doctors but don't be afraid to tell them no either, even get a second opinion. I miscarried with that one by choice rather then terminating the pregnancy like my doctor suggested.  I don't care what people say, false hope is better then no hope at all. Make the choice that is best for YOU. But be aware of your body and don't take risks that you are not willing to deal with.
i am also pregnant.. i started bleeding.. they say my baby was fine but my hcg level has dropped.. i go to the doctor on monday for another ultrasound...but i am very concerned but trying not to worry
Just wanted to know if your doctor ever figured out why your sac continued to grow even with your hcg levels dropping or why he suggested that you terminate.  This is happening to me know.  This is my third pregnancy- I've miscarried twice- I'm around 6 weeks.  I had an ultrasound last Wednesday and the sac measured 4mm and my hcg level went from Monday at 519 to Wednesday at 410.  I had levels drawn again on Monday and they dropped to 258.  I had an ultrasound repeated on Tuesday and the sac grew to 8mm and they saw something very small in the sac.  My levels were drawn again on that Tuesday and they dropped to 244.  I'm on progesterone and increased levels of folic acid since I have MTHFR.  Anything info would help!
i am supposed to be 2 week pregnant, i went for a scan, no baby or sac was found, my hcg levels have dropped,My lining of my womb has not thickened either. i have cramped but no bleeding as of yet. my breasts are sore and i still feel pregnant, is there any chance i could still be pregnant

emma
I found out I was pregnant a week ago.  Went in and they booked me for a scan. On the first scan they found a Gs sac no yoke sac. That did a blood test and they hcg level had dropped by 500, but when they did a second scam they found the yoke sac this time. I am confused the doctors think I might be heading for a miscarriage.  I have no bleeding no cramping nothing at the moment.  Can anyone help.
HELP PLS!!! I had my first bloods taken on the 8th of Feb which showed 184 the doc said i'am about 4 wks, I had my first U/S on the 18th March and the lady said she cant detect a heart beat and that the baby has stopped growing afta 6 wks. I went to the doc and he said i should have passed blood by now (he said it takes approx two wks for something to start to pass) I still havent had anything. I then had more bloods taken the next day and they showed my level to be 37000(something).  The doc said at that stage all looked good (very confused now). I had bloods taken today and they have dropped to 21000(something) and the doc nows says not looking good. Is this normal? Am i going to miscarry? I just want to know.  i have my 2nd U/S on Monday.  Can someone pls help me, this is my first and i'm not getting any answers. i'm so scared!!!!!
I WAS  6 WEEKS WHEN THE DOCS TOLD ME I HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM WHICH MEANT I WAS PREGNANT BUT THERE WOULD NEVER BE A BABY. DVESTATED BUT STILL KEPT MY HOPE WE DID HCG TEST EVERY 2 DAYS MY LEVELS WERE RISING BUT COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING ON ULTRASOUND MY LEVEL WAS AT 72,OOO ON A FRIDAY AND MONDAY 9 WEEKS IT DROPPED TO 54,OOO DR THEN  TOLD ME I MAY HAVE A MOLAR PREG WENT FOR ANOTHER ULTRASOUND STILL NOTHING WENT THE FOLLOWING MONDAY 10 WEEKS MY HCG HAD DROPPED TO 21,OOO STILL NO CRAMPING OR BLEEDING MY DR, THEN TOLD ME DEF I WAS HAVING A MISSCARRIAGE, THE FOLLOWING MONDAY I WENT TO GET BLOOD DRAWN TO CHECK MY HCG LEVEL AND I WAS BLEEDING JUST A TAD BIT IT WAS A LIGHT PINK COLOR MY LEVEL WAS THEN AT 12,OOO THRU THE WEEK I HAD A FEW CRAMPS HERE AND THERE BUT NOTHING LIKE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE I WENT BACK TODAY AT12 WEEKS AND MY LEVEL IS NOW ONLY DOWN TO 5000 THE DOC WILL NOT RELEASE ME UNTIL IT IS AT 0 AND STAYS AT 0 FOR A WEEK. DOC EXPLAINED I MAY CONT TO BLEED HOWEVER IT IS NOT HEAVY AND MAINLY ONLY SEEMS TO BE THERE WHEN I WIPE I MAY BLEED UNTIL MY HCG HITS 0. GOOD LUCK TOUGHT MY EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP>
I am lost here i need some help I had not started my period for almost 2 months I took a home test and it was negative i called my ob and she told me that she would call in an Rx so that I could start. I wasnt ok w that because I wasnt sure so I went to my family Dr he drew my levels and they were at only 15 which he said that I was barely pregnant. The next day I bled as if I was having a period and went to the ER thinking that I needed a D&C they drew blood and my levels were 37. So I called my ob and she said that there was no need to do a D&C because my body would get rid of it in its own. I just wanted to be sure so I went back to my family Dr for more blood work a week later and my levels were at 178. I was excited thinking that I was still pregnant then today (10 days after my last hcg test) my ob did a vaginal exam then drew blood and said that for me to get blood drawn and sent me home. The nurse called and said that my levels were 32.4. What I would like to know is how can my levels be at 178 after I bled and now go down to 32.4? Could I have miscarried w/o bleeding any more? I dont understand how my levels doubled after i bled but now dropped so low. They are going to chekc my progesterone and call me tomorrow. But can anyone help me?
i am going through the same thing, my lmp was 7th march, had light brownish discharge and cramps on sunday 27 th june, so went to A and E. they took blood and booked me in for a scan the following morning. at the scan we could only see one sac with a tiny white dot in it which the doc said COULD be baby that my dates could just be wrong. i'd not lost anymore blood or discharge. i was told to come back the next day for more blood tests to check my hcg levels (which were 12700+ on the sunday 27 th. and booked in for another scan  two weeks later, 12th july 2010. when i rang for my results on tuesday i was told " IT'S NOT GOOD NEWS, YOUR LEVELS HAVE DROPpED TO 12300+ "  i automatically assumed that meant my baby was dead and there;s no hope. she then just said " JUST COME BACK FOR YOUR SCAN ON THE 12TH JULY" that's TWO WEEKS. it's only been two days and already feels like a lifetime.   :-(   please help  is my baby dead, or dying???  can it still live???
I beleave that all things a poss 4 those who beleave so just keep all things n gods hand and trust me everything gonna b jst fine n jesus name
Sheshrink, did they see an egg yolk the first ultrasound you had? Even though they did not see the fetus yet?
My lmp was 8/21 and on 9/13 did a hpt and it was positive.  Called my OB had some blood work and it came back positive.  Made my first OB appt.  And at about 5 weeks along I started to spot like brown discharge.  The next day I woke up to mild bleeding, called the OB & they had me go get a beta test to check my levels.  Before I could make it home from the lab I started to bleed like a regular period.  My OB called me and told me my level was 706.  And that I was m/c.  That evening I ended in the ER with pain & cramps.  They did more blood work & a transvaginal ultra sound.  They told me my tubes & ovaries looked good & my uterus was good.  But no sign of a baby.  Was sent home very sad that I had lost my baby.  Well two days later I had another beta test and it came back at 603.  OB still saying it will continue to go down since I lost the baby.  Well two days later I have another beta and it's up to 968.  Now the OB is very concerned thinking that I may have a tubal pregnancy.  He wanted me to go to ER to get a shot so that the fetus can pass.  I decided to wait to get another beta test done today.  I'm thinking is it possible to be pregnant with twins and lose one and still be pregnant.  My breast are still sore and have occasional nausea.  Very worried, if they didn't find anything in my tubes or uterus last wk how can I have a tubal pregnancy only a few days later.  I did bleed for about 3 days (minimal).  Has this happened to anyone, please help.
Did you find out if it was a tubal pregnancy? I'm kind of going through something similar. Pls update.
I'm glad that i'm not the only one out there that the doctors are giving false information. Everyone is different and 2 categorize everyone is simply ignorant. When will doctors realize that they're bedside manner is important? I just found out I was pregnant Oct. 4th. I have my period every 19 days. They were already wrong by going on my first day of my last period. They said I was 8 wks when i was only 6. My first HCG levels were around 6500 so i went in 2 days later and it went up to 7500. So I had another blood test done 5 days later and it went back down to 6500. They say I should miscarry. I have had two previous miscarriages. One was spontaneous the other one the baby died inside. I've read that the docs shouldn't go just by the HCG levels. That 85% of women will rise in levels, that means 15% of us will not be "normal" but will still have a normal pregnancy. I am appalled that I was told that I would miscarry when it's something that 15% of us women experience. I am going for a second opinion and an u/s Friday instead of waiting for the other doc next Tues. I feel great. I have had no bleeding or cramping and I'm still experiencing all the symptoms of being pregnant. Except thank god the nausea went away. I'm a bit nervous cuz this is confusing but I know god is ultimately the one who decides NOT the doctors. I will continue to have hope. They will not stress me into thinking the worst. Good luck and don't let the doctors opinions and standards frighten or upset u. We women are strong individuals.
am in the same boat as most of u.. my hcg levels have dropped from 843-776 in 48hrs, they tellin me iv had a failed pregnancy and have to go back tomorrow for a rescan as i thought i was 12weeks but  could turn out im only 7-8weeks. as there is a sac there but not sure if its empty or too small to detect.. i have had some brown discharge and slight red bleedin but not enough to wear anything, iv had some pain but nothing to write home about.. iv had morning sickness and the most painful breasts, im still showin signs, but really dont know what to think.. im hopin the scan reveals what i want to hear..
Hi I hope people are still posting on this matter.  I found out I was pregnant a month ago.  I went in on nov. 22 for a Dr. appt.   the doc. sent me for blood work and my Hcg levels were 32000+ range which she felt was low for 9 weeks. ( at least where we think we are)  so 2 days later I was sent for an US and more bllodwork The US showed an ampty sac.  And my bloodwork droped to 30000+  So I was sent to the OBGYN who said it was a Blighted Ovem and scheduled more bloodwork yeaterday and booked the or for a D7C on Monday.  He called and left a msg yeaterday that my Hcg levels have gone up "a bit"  I don't know what  a bit means I have not been able to reach him.  He then ( in the msg) said he is going to put the D7C on hold and schdule another US "sometime" next week!  I think the doctors forget how this effcts us emotionally, this stress can not be good for anyone.,  Now I am so confused. The US showed no fetus. Is it too early it a fall and rise in levles common. It is so difficult not to get my hopes up after being told I did not have  viable pregnancy.  
Hello every one Iam new to this site .I wan share my prob with u it same as u have
This is my first preg we r TTc.Iam on clomid 100mg 2cycle.
I gat =ve Preg test went for hcg level test came up as follows
Mon 33
wed 66
fri    92
Mon 59 (this week dec 6 2010)
did anyone increased their level at this point n had baby
pls help me  iam really worried
all my dreams abt +ve thing seems vanished
Been told I'm having a miscarriage and I don't believe it I'm spotting only a little and my hcg level dropped from 44 to 39 the docs believe me to be 6 weeks but I know for sure that's at least a week off I never have sex on my period lol anyways I went for an us they said unless they have the dates wrong they only see a blood clot and it took awhile to find that as I have a tilted uterus they had to do an internal no one can tell me for sure that I lost it tho I am completly stumped this is my second pregnancy I have a 6 year old son I didn't have any bleeding with him but both me and father were rh neg my partner now is positive so I had the.  Rhogam shot shortly after I spotted blood next day hcg levels were down I'm assuming I'm 4 weeks and still very much feel pregnant freq urination dizzy or nausea gas sleepyness and weird tickles in my belly that seems to be growing bigger could the doctors be wrong can I have a healthy baby and maybe just lost a twin? Any hope at all would be appreciated  
Praise God for you all.  I searched this site as I have a friend that is going through this very thing.  The doctor has "written off" her baby and is not trying anything to increase her progesterone levels as he believes it is futile.

I went through the exact same thing as well when I conceived, but continued to pray to God daily -- as it took me 15 years to get pregnant and I really wanted this baby.  The first doctor completely wrote my baby off and told me that this was not a viable pregnancy and that I would (without a doubt) miscarry. (There was no heartbeat; there was a fetus that was too small for gestational age surrounded by a sac that appeared to be the appropriate size for gestational age, but collapsing; and my hcg levels were dropping.)  However, I could feel that I was going to have this baby - this baby that they said was dead.  God blessed me with a doctor who prescribed prometrium to support the pregnancy (although she was certain that it would not sustain the pregnancy -- after all, there was no heartbeat.)  She scheduled me to come in 4 days later for an ultrasound to determine if I had completely miscarried.  When I came into the appointment, the sonographer explained to me that I was there basically to determine if everything had passed and to see if I needed a d&c.  I explained to her that I still "felt pregnant." That was May, 2001.  My "blighted ovum" is now a beautiful and vibrant 9 year old girl.  

Please don't lose hope; wait, watch, and pray.  In all your ways acknowledge God, and He will direct your path.  Get a second opinion from another doctor.  Wait it out.  It may be a blessing to do so.  It was for me.
All of your comments have been encouraging, as I am experiencing a similar situation.

I took a home pregnancy test on Jan. 8th and it came back positive.  I took an hcg blood test on Jan. 10th so that I could schedule my first prenatal appt.  Right off the bat, the doctor told me my hcg was very low at 210 and that I should re-check it in one week.  A week later it only went up to 290 and it was also noted that my progesterone was low.  I was immediately put on Prometrium 200mg twice a day.  A week later my hcg was checked again and that time it went from 290 to 860.  I went to my first prenatal appt on Feb. 14th and I requested an ultrasound because of all the confusion with my hcg and progesterone levels.  At that time, I was supposed to be 9 wks, 3 days pregnant.  However, the ultrasound only showed a fetal sac and it measured small at only 5 wks, 3 days.  How could I be off by 4 wks??  There is no way I'm only 5 wks, 3 days as that doesn't correlate with my last period OR my 1st positive pregnancy test.  I went in for another 2 more hcg tests, one on Feb. 14th which was over 18,000 (good, right?) but then the 2nd one on Feb. 17th had dropped to just over 16,000.  I have another ultrasound scheduled on Feb. 22nd and am so scared.  I so badly want to see a baby with a healthy heartbeat, but everything that has gone on so far has made me a nervous wreck.  I haven't had ANY bleeding or cramps and I've never miscarried before.  This is my 5th pregnancy, and COMPLETELY different than all the rest.  I'm trying to stay in good spirits and hope for the best next week.  
okay, so i was told i was about three weeks pregnant feb 10th and then feb 16th i went to the er bec i was bleeding, my levels dropped dramativly the said i miscaried today is March 3rd, coulpe days ago i went had my levels taken to see if they went back down, they doubled.. today i had my blood drawn  they were at 636 now they are 603 two  days later.. whats going on. im having nooo symtpoms iv never been pregnant. am i pregnant? i just want answer/////
Has the doctor done an ultrasound?  That is really the only way to know if you are really pregnant.  Although even with an ultrasound you may not see much since you are not that far along.  Unfortunately that means you will have to wait a few more weeks to know for sure.  Sometimes women can have hcg levels that bounce around, and even bleeding and still have a normal pregnancy.  And other times it could mean a miscarriage or even a blighted ovum.  Also, you should request they check your Progesterone levels because if it is low then that could cause you to miscarry.  Sorry that there isn't a definite answer for you, but unfortunately that's the way things are in early pregnancy.  

I got pregnant in December and was told right away that my hcg and Progesterone were both low, so they kept testing me.  My hcg levels rose and I was put on Progesterone supplements, so I thought everything was okay.  I made it all the way to 10 weeks when I had my first prenatal appt and the ultrasound showed an empty amniotic sac and NO BABY.  I was devastated!  A week later, the same thing.  Turns out I had a blighted ovum (the sac developed, but the baby didn't) and I was forced to have a miscarriage.  

I hope this was of some help to you.  Keep your head up, and DEMAND an ultrasound if you haven't had one already!  If I hadn't insisted on having one at my first prenatal appt, I would have been sent home thinking my baby was okay.  You may have to wait it out a few weeks, but don't lose hope!  Good luck to you.  =)    
hi i am 10 weeks 3 days my hcg levels are dropping from 97000 then to 73000 then i had an ultrasound and saw an active bby moving around and a heartbeat of 171 had blood drawn again yesterday and got a call today that they dropped to 56000 and have an ultrasound tommorrow again..im sooo scared but praying everythingwill be ok..has anyonegone through this and had a healthy pregnance??
Ok , I'm not sure how far I'm in to it but I took a Home test on March 23, Clinic test march 24 and started spotting that night, MD appointment on the 25 my level was 366. On the 31 they were 293 so he said that it looked like a miss, but took another blood test April 7 my level were at 621?? What does this mean any one????
I just found out I'm pregnant. The doctors are monitoring my hcg levels since we used fertility drugs to help us and its too early for an ultrasound (5 wks). My 1st hcg was about 200 and my 2nd test was only 280 47hrs between the tests. I'm 28 and diabetic but have 3 healthy children ages 11, 9, and 7, no history of misscarriage or tubal pregnacy.
This is my husbands first baby but his sperm checked out ok. They said we were  probably having probs getting pregnant bc I was on the depo so long. I'm not having any pain or bleeding, but the nurse said it could be bad news that my levels didn't double(they should double in 48-72hrs) or it could still be ok. I have to wait until monday now to get my next test. Has anyone had a similar experience ? what happened? I'm going crazy waiting and don't know what to think. Any advice would be greatly appriciated? thanks
worried mom

I started at 147, 2 days later 421, 2 days later horrible side pain some bleeding, 781.  2 days later 692 and diagnosed with miscarriage.....3 days later numbers are 1872!  This seems like a very uncommon occurance....can't find any info on dropping hcg that returns to normal.  I am approx 5wks....and have ashermans and sheehans syndrome and am on estrodiol...was told I couldn't have any more babies.  Waiting for my ultra sound this week.
hey! i have been on a emotional rollarcoaster or the past month almost. at first the doctor told me the baby didnt have a heartbeat but my hgc levels had increased. i went back 3 weeks later and the baby measured 6w1d with a heartbeat. a week later i started spotting so i went to he doctor they tested my hgc and my progesterone. the doc called me back this morning and said that my hgc levels had dropped and the bleeding im having is most likly from a misscarriage. they also stated that my progesterone was low. im currently 7w today. it is possible for my levels to go back up and if i am misscarrying is it because of my progesterone being low.  i go in for an u\s tomorrow. anybody in the same boat as me?
This is an unbelievably frustrating roller coaster. Just got the call from the doc that my wife's HCG levels dropped from 2600 3 days earlier to 2548, and he said it is not good.  We had 2 embryos transfered and I read here that there is something called vanishing twin syndrome, which gives me hope.  We have to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow, but she has been beating the odds since having the embryos transfered.  Levels were 37, 58, 86, 162, 983, 2600 and then 2548.  The first ultrasound showed a gestational sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat.  I remain optimistic, but this is clearly out of our control and we have no choice but to wait and see.  You never know, right?
I actually had the same thing happen to me I'm about 4 to 6 weeks went to er for bleeding, said it was a threatened miscarriage my hcg level was 522 then went back to er 2 days later same amount of bleeding but this time with clots. Not enough to soak a pad but wasn't light,  levels dropped to 300 something I was having a miscarriage n, that was yesterday today I woke up with a soaked pad! Sorry sounds like a miscarriage hun and believe me I know bwhat your going through, I took it really hard.  
So I started my period on May 12th which is when it was suppose to start. Had my usual bleeding for 3-5 days then I just kept spotting brown blood which I thought might be normal since this was only my 2nd period since having my now 8 month old and I was still breastfeeding. Then on Sat I had one episode at 1245pm where I went to the bathroom and something came out about the size of a quarter or a litter bigger with a little more blood (not to fill a pad more than once) and then I have been spotting brown blood since. I took a PG test and it was positive so I called the Dr. Had HCG done it was 1350 then 48 hours later HCG was 1457. Now it is a week since that happened and I am still spotting brown blood. Dr said I should have a crampy bloody episode soon and if not call back in 2 weeks. If i did have a miscarry I cant understand why my levels didnt drop.????
i didnt even know that i was prego until i was 14 weeks i took a test at home with my boyfriend and was in shock because my tubes are tied. well 3  days ago i went in because the doctor said somthing was wrong with my blood test so they made me come in the next day. thats when the check for a heart beat and there wasnt one then the blood test is when they said that my hcg levels where way too low. what makes it worst my boyfriends mom was like i hope everything is ok then she said well how do we even kw there was a baby..... they sent me home with a picture of the baby and everything and it still wasnt good enough i want to slap the crap out of her but i dont feel good and to tell the truth i knew somthing wasnt right because i was bleeding and it started gettin bad then it just stopped
Hey everyone! iam ten weeks pregnant today! last week i had my first ultra sound and everything was great, i saw the baby's heart beat. Then the next day while i was at work, i noticed a mild cramp in my stomach and i needed to go to the toilet. As i did my thing, i noticed red blood and a clot came out. I went straight to my doctor and he examined my body. felt my abdomin, and it wasnt sore and neither was my back. The following friday i had blood tests done and my HCG level was 59000, then i got another blood test the following week and my levels dropped to 52000. i dont feel that i have miscarried and i wasnt in any pain at the time and i havnt bleed since, just a mild brown discharge. Iam going for a u/s tomorrow. Is there anyone out there that can help? please
I am 7 weeks pregnant and my last period was June 2 yesterday I went to the Dr and they told me my hcg went down ( didn't get the exact numbers ) and I will have a miscarriage but I been pregnant 2 times before and have ended up in miscarriages and I don't have bleeding just a little spotting every dark brown like discharge and my cervix is closed we also had a ultra sound and we saw the sack we did not want a vaginal ultrasound do to our previous experiences am kind of confused I have no pain at all nor am I bleeding to say am having a miscarriage.. anyone experience something like this before ?
I am so frustrated and confused at the same time. This is alot to read so just bare with me please!
I was expecting my menstration at the end of June. I didnt come on. I litely spotted in the morning of June 25th just that morning and it stopped; didnt see it again until my fiance and I had sex, so we held off on the sex. I started having lower back pain. Now let me add, My children and I were in a car accident on the eway May 28th; however, I was on my menstration at the time of the accident and came off on the 30th of May. I was going to therapy from then on until i started having this intensed back pain starting June 26th which was different from the pain I had from the car acciden and let me add never had a pregnancy test done at the ER on May 28th of the car accident . I took a home pregnancy test July 7th it was positive. July 8th I went to the ER concerning the back pain and the pregnancy with mild cramping. They did an Abdominal ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound, they saw no gestational sac nor fetus even though after having my urine and blood checked for preganany which was detected/positive my hcg levels were at 2,587. I went back to have my levels checked again and it dropped again on July 15th to 2,474. I then seen a specialist who said she believed all the testing was just too early in the pregnancy. so I later had it tested again July 26th and it dropped to 932 still no gestational sac or fetus detected, went back yesterday and it has dropped again to 820. Im not feeling any pain, no bleeding nor spotting. I feel tired thats it, my fiance has symptoms sleeping eating and feeling sick all morning. I keep praying that it raises. Any input?  I was also told that I couldve already lost the baby but how? when? where?
I'm six weeks pregnant and had brown spotting and once full pad bleeding for 18 days now ..when i first take an ultrasound they found nothing and repeated the pregnancy test which came back positive again .. after 7 days i took another ultrasound the gestation sac was there about 14 mm but no fetal pole found no heart beat heared.. after 3 days i did a hcg test it came back 10000 and redone the test after two and a half days it came with 10000 no change at all .. i'm scheduled for another ultrasound ... i think it's a miscarriage and very sad right now  ... no cramps no heavy or light bleeding other than the usual brown spots .... am i right ?? is this a miscarriage  or it could be normal to have same hcg level during first trimester ?????????
hello, if you all can post updates as what where the results i would greatly appreciate it.

Here is my story. sept 18 had my period normal, after 12days of passing my period i start to spot and bleed lightly again. I was confused because i just had my period.monday I went to the doc and they told me i was pregnant it was very faint line but was positive they said 7weeks and went from my aug period instead of lmp. wed they gave me a papsmear and drew blood, after i left i went to lunch with my hubby and son 2yrs. old. i felt some blood and the doc told me i would. i went to the bathroom and i had bled just like she said but i became worried because with my first pregnancy i bled a few drops only. so same day i go the er and they tell took more blood totalling 8 tubes of blood in one day.  my levels are 80 and that is too low for 7weeks but i said my last cycle was sept, but they disregarded that because they didnt see a sac or tadpole in my ultrasound. doctor came back and told me i miscarried, but they want to check my levels in two days, so i went back fri in two days and drew more blood, by this time i was just spotting. they said come back monday 10/11 so then i go today and they tell me my level dropped to 30, i asked if their was other options and she just told me to accept it, and go home. I still feel all my symptoms and am confused. I had already a doc appointment for nov 4 set. Im not sure what this doc wants to do. if I am 2weeks pregnant according to my cycle wouldn't i be in the correct bracket of two weeks according to beta chart. Im thinking that maybe i had twins in their and lost one maybe. (twins run in both sides of our family) for now i am going to wait cause aunt flow is suppose to come on the 18th as normal according to doctor. but i just want some advice. I am praying and keeping hope as most stories have been successful, I am praying for a miracle. with my first son i had my period my first month, but missed my second month then later found out i was 8wks already, but they never took levels. I just progressed in pregnancy but ended up delivering early 331/2 weeks do to preclampsia. Can someone shed some light? plz
According to my period i should be 12 weeks right now... ( my periods r all over the place so we cant really go by that) but i went to the dr on 10/7 got an us and dr said it only looked like it was 6 weeks... He couldnt hear a heart beat and so we checked my hcg levels on 10/7 and 10/9 they went from 21,840 to 19,051 ..... I have read about soooo many peoples hcg levels dropping and them having spotting and being just fine! I understand how hard it is not to worry... Im right there w/ u... I go back for another us on the 24th... Im just praying that God will give us the miracle we r praying for! Keep your chin up... If u havent started cramping or pasing tissue u are ok for now! Just trust that everything is going to be ok until u have a good reason to think u are actually passing it! <3 good luck honey!!!
I thought I was at 10 weeks, though dating it was hard with irregular periods. Test was positive on November 2nd. Had US five days ago. They saw gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole and said I might only be 6-7 weeks. HCG was 30,094. Took second HCG test today because I've been spotting. Had dropped to 24,000. Have another US scheduled in 5 more days.
I'm in a similar situation like the rest. I'm currently 5 1/2 weeks, but my baby's blood count hasn'y doubled like it should have. First it was 41,000, then 47,000 and 51,000 just the other day. Doctors say i'm going to miscarry anyday, anyone had this problem?
I am sooo worried. This is my first pregnancy. I have had one ultrasound that showed a gestational sac, they suspected I was between 4 and 5 weeks.  They checked my hcg levels that day and they were where they were supposed to be, but just to be safe the doctor had me come back 48 hours later to check again. She called and said my levels had dropped, but I am not having any cramping or bleeding.  AND still have pregnancy syptms and postive hpt?! HELP
This is very helpful info..I'm a lil emotional aswell. I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant dec 30 2011 , my hcg was at 203 and on jan 4 th it went to 2092, now as of jan 6 th 2012 its at 3192 does it look like its rising ok.....
i dont have any answers all i have is prayers for you and everyone else out there my daughter is going through this right now as her hcg levels have dropped told to discontinue meds also but after reading for past few hours through all my tears for her and all of you having problems that i will keep praying and maybe a miracle will happen and she is still pregnant she has no bleeding or anything yet so i am being hopeful for her and god bless all of you going through this
Im a 40 yo  on 9th pregnancy. Previously, I had 12 fibroids removed and I just discovered I was pregnant I had an u/s at approximately 5 wks and heartbeat was detected but 2 weeks later no heartbeat was detected and hcg levels dropped from 23,0000 to 17,0000. I've had little cramping but not bleeding. Is this still considered a miscarriage?
Found out I was pregnant  I had a light bleed nothing bad went to the hospital and was told my cervix was still closed and not to worry I had my blood taken to check my hcg leaves they came bk at 36 . Then the next morning I had a little more bleeding not with cramps or any sort of pain I had to go bk to the hospital 48 hour later for another blood test I was told that the reason why I'm bleeding more is because of them looking at my cervix and not to worry my hcg leaves came bk at 7.i was told I'm gonna miscarry now and that was it . I still feel pregnant and have sore boobs and still feel the need to pee all the time I'm still bleeding no cramps or pain still. Don't know if I have lost the baby or not and if I should wait and test again in morning or not. Could I still be pregnant and hormones gone bk up or am I just hoping for no reason please any one else had this before
I&#39;m in the same boat. I&#39;m having my second u/s on Tuesday to make sure I&#39;m having a miscarriage. they told me that my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I&#39;m having a hard time with what they told me. so I hope my second u/s says the baby is healthy