has anyone taken antideppressants while pregnant?
hi everyone. i am currently prego woth baby number 2. ive been feelkng overwhelemed latley and me hubby have been going threw a rough patch my doctor obgyn prescribed antideppresant but im hessitant to take them. does any one have any expreince? good/bad experainces would b very helpful.
I didn't but a friend of mine did.  Life saver for her as she didn't cope well without them.  Doctors usually do a risk/benefit ratio and choose medication when the benefit of having it onboard outweighs risks.  There are some safer than others and they'll choose the safest choice for you hon.  good luck and feel better
Oh, and she had no issues with baby or pregnancy while taking her SSRI.
thanks soo much. im going to take them and hope for the best. thanks again :)
I was wondering the same thing because my anxiety and depression has been hitting me hard lately!
i know how you feel. its the horomones. im hoping after delivrry and the recovery period everything goes back to normal. good luck!
Thanks girl me to cause this crap is crazy I've even been crying bc my anxiety and stuff has gotten so horrible
Well, I'm going to put a note of caution here.  No antidepressant is safe when you're pregnant.  None are approved for pregnant women or children.  Doctors are allowed to use them for anything they like once they are approved for anything, but all of them say not to take them when pregnant.  I would ask, which one did your doc recommend?  Also, know that obgyns don't know that much about these meds, it isn't what they specialize in.  My own advice is to look at your life and see just how hard things are going and are they going harder than they do for anyone that's pregnant and having a hard time with their hormones -- antidepressants don't do anything about those hormones, they just make you not care about them so much.  Everyone talks about birth defects, and that's a concern, but also realize if you take the drugs your baby will be born on antidepressants and will go through the same withdrawal you will when you try to stop taking them but with a brain that isn't at all developed yet.  The evidence on harm on this isn't all that significant, but it also doesn't test what happens to the children when they grow up.  It only focuses on the birth defect part of it.  I would say, if you can find another way to get through it, try to do so, such as learning to meditate, exercising, doing yoga or tai chi, leaning on your spiritual side, whatever it takes.  But that's my opinion and know that my opinion isn't necessarily best for you -- only you can determine that and a lot depends on just how badly your life is being affected.  Good luck and congrats either way.
Best to talk to your doctor.  Mother to mother, and honestly, I think only a woman who has gone through pregnancy and given birth, raising kids, etc. can understand how important our mental health is to our families.  Doctors do prescribe these medications cautiously but with success and if the benefit of doing so outweighs the down side, then it's a good choice to make.  So, speak to your doctor.  This is a very personal decision and one that any mom to be will be careful in making.  Hope things go well!  hugs