just needing a little encouragement
So..we just found out that we are 6 weeks pregnant with baby # 6..and yes, it was a huge surprise.  I literally feel like I am drowning and as I'm gasping for air someone hands me a baby. Its not the financial I am worried about, its more of how can I give the other ones the time they need with a newborn, and morning sickness just hit in, and all I can do is sleep..I dont even want to eat. If anyone just has anything positive to say it would be appreciated, or any other moms handling it with a houseful.
Hey there. Congrats on the baby! My mom had 6 kids, of which I'm the oldest. I saw my mom raise all of us almost completely by herself. Don't be so hard on yourself, you're going to do great! My mom couldn't have done it without God's help however. She tells me now of how hard it was and a lot of the kids were lacking her attention including me. She says all she had strength for was to keep us fed and safe. Discipline and emotional attention were just not possible for her at the time. She regrets it but she says there was no other way.. I don't blame her. She's amazing and so strong and I believe that only with God's help you'll be able to raise your children in a way that they will forever appreciate you! GOD bless you and give you strength
Thank you so much. And, I agree with you 100 percent, if it wasn't for my faith I know I wouldn't have made it this far.
We are in the exact same situation! But with unexpected #7. I have mostly gotten comfortable with the fact that we are expecting although I also worry about my older kids.  I wanted to be done with babies so that we could finally spend good quality family time getting out and doing stuff that you usually can't do with the younger babies (my current youngest is 11 months).  Honestly I cried about it for the first few weeks just because of how guilty I felt towards the situation. I'm not sure how my kids feel about it as we haven't told them yet but I'm sure they will welcome the baby with love and I'm sure we (and your family as well) will be able to show them all the same amount of love! I just need to learn to be patient and pay closer attention to each when they come to me...it's just a little harder with so many. We also need to buy a bigger vehicle to fit them all lol. Good luck and I'm sure that everything will work out for you! sorry for my extra long reply.
Fyi we are 17 weeks:)
Thank you so much!!  I definitely needed a success story!!!
You got this! My grandma raised 7 kids all on her own. She divorced my grandfather because of his drinking. And all my aunts and uncle turned out to be wonderful and amazing people.
My grandmother raised 14 my mom 7 I have and aunt with 8 everyone got along with life and many kids just fine, and my mom did it mostly on her own so I'm sure your going to be great
Thanks!
My mum had 14 of us, she's always told me that God will only give you what he knows you can handle. Good luck and congrats
Thank you
You can do this. You know it'll be hard in the beginning, but it gets easier. Get the other kids to help out with chores, bulk cook so you hopefully have a bit more time with the rest x
Scary. My thoughts are if you are not ready ... Prepare. I would love to have a billion kids, too; however, I want to be able to be financially responsible and emotional available.