Aa
A
A
Close
just needing a little encouragement
So..we just found out that we are 6 weeks pregnant with baby # 6..and yes, it was a huge surprise.  I literally feel like I am drowning and as I'm gasping for air someone hands me a baby. Its not the financial I am worried about, its more of how can I give the other ones the time they need with a newborn, and morning sickness just hit in, and all I can do is sleep..I dont even want to eat. If anyone just has anything positive to say it would be appreciated, or any other moms handling it with a houseful.
Cancel
10 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey there. Congrats on the baby! My mom had 6 kids, of which I'm the oldest. I saw my mom raise all of us almost completely by herself. Don't be so hard on yourself, you're going to do great! My mom couldn't have done it without God's help however. She tells me now of how hard it was and a lot of the kids were lacking her attention including me. She says all she had strength for was to keep us fed and safe. Discipline and emotional attention were just not possible for her at the time. She regrets it but she says there was no other way.. I don't blame her. She's amazing and so strong and I believe that only with God's help you'll be able to raise your children in a way that they will forever appreciate you! GOD bless you and give you strength
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you so much. And, I agree with you 100 percent, if it wasn't for my faith I know I wouldn't have made it this far.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
We are in the exact same situation! But with unexpected #7. I have mostly gotten comfortable with the fact that we are expecting although I also worry about my older kids.  I wanted to be done with babies so that we could finally spend good quality family time getting out and doing stuff that you usually can't do with the younger babies (my current youngest is 11 months).  Honestly I cried about it for the first few weeks just because of how guilty I felt towards the situation. I'm not sure how my kids feel about it as we haven't told them yet but I'm sure they will welcome the baby with love and I'm sure we (and your family as well) will be able to show them all the same amount of love! I just need to learn to be patient and pay closer attention to each when they come to me...it's just a little harder with so many. We also need to buy a bigger vehicle to fit them all lol. Good luck and I'm sure that everything will work out for you! sorry for my extra long reply.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Fyi we are 17 weeks:)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you so much!!  I definitely needed a success story!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You got this! My grandma raised 7 kids all on her own. She divorced my grandfather because of his drinking. And all my aunts and uncle turned out to be wonderful and amazing people.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My grandmother raised 14 my mom 7 I have and aunt with 8 everyone got along with life and many kids just fine, and my mom did it mostly on her own so I'm sure your going to be great
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thanks!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My mum had 14 of us, she's always told me that God will only give you what he knows you can handle. Good luck and congrats
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thank you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
317217 tn?1456290378
You can do this. You know it'll be hard in the beginning, but it gets easier. Get the other kids to help out with chores, bulk cook so you hopefully have a bit more time with the rest x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Scary. My thoughts are if you are not ready ... Prepare. I would love to have a billion kids, too; however, I want to be able to be financially responsible and emotional available.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
10 mins ago
4548024 tn?1474842725
Blank