loss of amniotic fluid at 18 weeks
my water broke at 18 weeks, 2 days later i started bleeding . i have had several ultrasounds the first showed less than 2oz. of fluid. the second, done the following day, showed a slight increase in fluid levels, both showed a strong heartbeat. i am on antibiotics and complete bed rest, the bleeding is very light compared to what it was, and nothing new has happened in 7 days. is it possible for the fluid to increase enough so the baby and lungs will develop properly or am i setting myself up for heartbreak? am i just waiting for my body to miscarrie, or for infection to set in, or does the baby have a chance?
I gave birth to our precious baby boy June 23 at 18 weeks.My water broke prematurely on June 22. Everything was going well or so I thought I kept telling my dr I felt like something was wrong but ofcourse they just blew me off. I had bleeding through out the whole pregnancy and this was my third pregnancy. I had a previous miscarrige at 12 weeks and a tubal pregnancy. I was given the option to be induced which I felt terrible about. I did decide to induce labor when I started running a fever and my white count went up. When I had my son he was perfect in everyway. He was alive when he was born but they took him out the room until he passed away. When I had my follow up with my OB she said there was nothing wrong with my son or the placenta its just a mystery. The drs always say oh it wont happen to you again and it has three times. Thankfully we are seeing a specialist in October and we are praying for a successful full term preganancy!
I'm so hopeful to read all these stories for my situation. I'm 15 1/2 weeks and my water bad yesterday. I wen to ER and was told diffently ruptured. My white cells were good. Babies heart rate is normal & very stong beat. I diffenetly do not have 0 fluid left. My OB said he can't do anything but only option is terminate. I feel in my heart that things will be okay and god only knows if he will allow me to have this child, i have 2 children now 11 and 3 1/2yrd olf. Now my problem is a little worse because i have an incompetent cervix and was looking to get a cerclage. My OB said all the negative things as all have meantioned about infectiong & possible truma or death. If i move forward with pregnancy they will just monitor me weekly until I give birth on my own(misscarry) or get really sick to make me abort. I do belive in miricales. My son was premature at 26 1/2 wks with grade 3/4 brain bleeding and would not be normal & have all kinds of problems, this is why I belive in miricales & hope. He is perfeclty fine. I'm glad i found you all before i made my decision to terminiate. God bless each  and everyone one of you moms & my heart goes out to those that lost there babies..so sorry.
On November 9, 2003, my water broke at 26 weeks along with my son.  I was admitted to the hospital scarred and thinking that I was going to lose him.  The doctors, many of them, told me that I would probably deliver in 24-48 hours and there was a chance that he might not make it or if he did he would probably suffer from complications.  When a few days went by, and I didn't go into labor, we continued to count the days.  I did not ever go into labor, nor have contractions, nor dilated.  I didn't get an infection either.  I continued to drink lots of fluid and hope for the best.  I was in the hospital for 33 days before checking myself out (do not necessarily recommend this, but it worked for me) and then continued to go into the hospital daily to check the baby's heartbeat and check my temperature, etc.  I had previously given birth to a son, and knew that I had never had a contraction.  They did check to make sure I wasn't dilated previous to my leaving the hospital because they were afraid that I might have a prolapsed cord if I had been having contractions without knowing.

As we went to the hospital twice a day they checked my fluid a few more times with ultrasounds and my water levels continued to fluctuate.  I continued bed rest at home and at 33 weeks, since my baby was breech, and they didn't want to risk the increased chance of  infection after 34 weeks, so my doctor recommended that I have a c-section.  

After a check of lung development via bringing some fluid into the hospital on a daily checkup, we decided that his lungs were not going to mature any more since he was breech and the fluid didn't get to his lungs since gravity pulled the fluid away from his mouth.  We delivered our son on January 6, 2004, and our little boy Brett spent the next 19 days in the hospital learning how to eat since he never had the fluid in-utero around his mouth to practice.  

He weighed 6lbs, 11 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He came home with us on January 25th and is now a 6 years old, a 1st grader, happy and healthy and loving school.  

At the time that all of this happened, I didn't know anyone that this had ever happened to.  I wish I would have posted this many years ago to provide hope for those of you that may have found it through my story.  I was told many times that I probably should not share my story because it is not a typical case.  We were never told that we should induce so I cannot add any thoughts on that situation.

For everyone reading this post, I just send you my hope and best wishes for your situation. I can only hope that this brings comfort to some of you, and pray for those of you that have lost your little babies (I wish you nothing but healing).  All my best to all of you!  
Hi ladies, I do realise this is an old thread but for those of you searching for hope...

My son was delivered at 25 weeks. He is now home and healthy, 7 months old!! My first birth was term, completely natural and went wonderfully well. This pregnancy was difficult - I began haemorrhaging severely at 7 + 2, due to subchorionic hematomas. This bleeding with huge clots continued until 18 weeks. Then at 18 + 5 my waters broke.

I was told we needed to terminate, that even if the doctors were to keep me pregnant, our baby would pass away after birth. They were concerned about infection, and I was in preterm labour. My waters were green and smelled very strongly (different from my first birth) I began haemorrhaging again right after my waters broke, so I was constantly losing blood and amniotic fluid. They told us that the fluid level was too low, and that they would be delivering me that day.

Here is my message of hope - I asked my father to pray for me. So he did. He asked that our Lord Jesus provide this miracle, for His glory. And God certainly is glorified. I was sent home hours later, with perfect fluid levels, no contractions, and no evidence of ruptured membranes on the ultrasound! When my waters broke again (not possible according to doctors, but also according to doctors I would not be leaving the hospital pregnant to start with!) at 23 + 6 I was admitted, and my son was delivered via emergency caesarean at 25 weeks after spontaneous labour began.

My boy went through a 4 month stay in NICU, with plenty of ups and downs along the way. He suffered from a great number of prematurity problems, and was diagnosed with Septo-Optic Dysplasia. We were told to expect retardation, seizures, hormonal deficiency, visual problems etc and that he would need surgery. God has answered our prayers again. Our son has had NO problems whatsoever, has needed NO surgeries, and is in fact doing so well that we do not need to come back for his scheduled preemie reviews.

There is always hope. The Lord provides where men cannot. The hospital staff are amazing. They are so knowledgable, and try so hard for us and our babies. But they cannot always help. God can, and He does answer prayers. We lost a baby between our two children, and we lost our son's twin. Yet we are abundantly blessed! xx
I'm 19 weeks with twins and leaked twice today, scared, and the doctor told me to rest and wait to see if I have any more leakage. If I do, I need to go to the hospital and have an ultrasound to check the fluid around my identical boys. I've only leaked twice- both times happened after standing up, and they were about 30mins apart- I'm scared to stand up now.
Amen, Our Lord will always help when the dr's. can't, and yes he does answer prayers.  I had a very difficult pregnancy as I have previously posted.  My son was in NICU for 3 months and while we were there he was also diagnosed with Septo-Optic Dysplasia.  I have taken him to his eye dr visits and the optomalogist says that his eyes are great and that he will not need any surguries.  Praise the LORD.  He is on 3 types of meds one for his stress hormone, thyroid gland, and another to help control his liquid output.  I thank God that with the help of these meds my baby is doing well his blood work that his endocronologists orders have all been great.  I continue to pray for another wonderful miracle that my baby will grow healthy and will one day not need these meds, especially the daily injection.  Miracles do exist and my son is living proof of it.  GOD is AWESOME!!!!!   We have also been BLESSED with a handsome little boy which is now 6 months old.  Thank you for sharing your story with us all.  May the Lord continue to Bless you and your family.
Hi, I seen that this was posted quite awhile ago. I'm curious how everything worked out so far? My water broke last week, I was 11weeks. The nurse told me that I probably peed myself, but I insisted that I didn't and got an ultrasound the next day. I had no fluid but a very strong heartbeat. They tried to talk me into a D&C, I was terrified, my husband was still at work and I felt so alone and didn't know what to do. I had read about a few women being put on bedrest w/ antibiotics and their sac sealed over and in a few cases, built up fluid again. Am I crazy to want to try? I just know that if i don't, I'll always wonder, what if. I haven't leaked any fluid since that first day, so I'm trying to be hopeful but I'm also trying to prepare myself for the worst. I believe that you have to try everything you can. I was just thinking about your post and wondering and hoping that everything is working put for you. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if my fluid is building back up. If anyone can think of any other options, please let me know. I've had to research everything myself.....and am now looking for a new dr as well! One that can provide me w/ options and the info that I need and deserve regardless of what they feel I should do. I hope that you are doing well:)
My amniotic fluid leaked after at almost 18 weeks after having an amniocentesis.  I lost my first baby boy on the Christmas day of 2010. I miss that so cute little face so much.  He still has a strong heartbeat after 17 hours delivered.  He was sleeping and looked just like an angel.
My life is not the same any more.  I want my baby back.  Everynight when I go to bed, I wish everything is just a bad dream and when i wake up in the morning I will still have my baby.  Please don't do the amniocentesis test unless you have someone has a genetic problem in your family tree.
No one is crazy for wanting to try.

Our fluid ruptured at 16 1/2 weeks and she is now 31 weeks. She has spent 14 weeks on strict bedrest (including the last 7 weeks in the hospital). As part of the hospital stay, she gets an ultrasound everyday and NSTs twice daily.

On most days, our little boy doesn't have any fluid around him but his heart rate is strong. We don't know anything about his lungs right now but the doctors are optimistic that even if he was born now, he'd have enough body weight to make it in the NICU.

If at all possible, find a high-risk OB/GYN practice. And a hospital with a high-end Tier 3 perinatal unit and NICU. The high-risk docs work alongside my wife's primary OB/GYN practice, and the NICU is just good to have once the baby is born.

I can't understand why this happened to us -- it is easily the darkest period in our lives. Still, I have been praying all alone that her and I will be changed forever no matter what happens with our baby. By posting my comment on this blog, I really believe we are heading toward fulfilling whatever God is calling us to. We still have a long way to go but if there is anything we have learned, it's DON'T GIVE UP.

I have prayed for you. Please keep us posted.
Hi everyone,

I like everyone else who reads this, is looking for hope and for answers. i dont think any answers can really be provided but hope can certainly be gained. I was diagnosed with PPROM when my water broke at 20 wks + 5 days. I noticed the lost of all my amoniotic fluid and went to a generic hospital. I began having contractions and started bleeding (though not heavily). I was admitted on the first of january and I am still here.

There is nothing the doctors can do at this point. I am on hospital/complete bed rest and I have to push the fluids. I have ultrasounds every other day. My son has a strong heartbeart but there is no amniotic fluid around him. However, I feel him move all the time. He is quite the kicker. He has survived so far and today he is 22 weeks.

There is no telling what will happen but I take every day at a time and for everyday that passes and he is still here, its a miracle. I am monitored every 8 hrs for infection and thank god so far have had none. There is still some leaking from time to time but no real bleeding. The hope is to get my son to 23 wks and 6 days to which I will be transferred to a hospital with a level 3 NICU.

I dont know how similiar my story is to anyone elses but if it helps, im only 23 and this is my first pregnancy and this pregnancy has been nothing but problems. I hope I can give someone help or hope. Also, if there is any other story like mine, please let me know. And I ask for prayers for my son as I will give my prayers to all of you.
What was the outcome?
Salut a tous,

Lire tous vos messages a été pour moi une petite consolation pour savoir que je ne suis pas seule et que vous avez réussi a surmonter vos tristesses. J'ai perdu les eaux a 16 semaines de grossesse lors que tout allait apparemment bien pour moi, pas de contractions ni de douleur. Le col etait OK et le medecin ne peut toujours pas me dire ce qui a provoque la rupture des eaux. Je perdais tellement de liquide amniotique que mon gygy m'a mis tout de suite sur pytossin quand je suis arrivee a l'hopital en urgence qualifiant mon cas "d'avortement imminent". Je pleurais car je voulais garder le bebe, je gardais espoir. J'ai perdu le bebe Helas. Je me sens inconsolable mnt car je n'ai pratiquement plus d'espoir. J'ai deja fait une fausse couche de meme qu'une grossesse ectopique rupturée donc j'ai seulement la trompe droite, des fibromes. Je ne sais toujours pas ce qui a provoque cette perte d'eaux. Mon mari est triste egalement et j'ai meme eu l'idee de me suicider tellement c'est douloureux. Je pleure a longueur de journee, en cachette de tous. Je pense a ce petit garcon que je caressais a chaque seconde dans mon ventre et qui n'est plus. Je me sens vide, inutile. Je ne souhaite a personne ce que je vis. Cela risque-t-il de se reproduire si je tombe enceinte a nouveau?

Merci de vos reponses.
hi my wife is 17 weeks pregnant and yesterday morning alot of  fluids came out  of her but  there was no  blood just  clear water.we decided to  head to  the  hospital a  little later,She was  checked out  and  the doctor  said   something   about  the sack not being opened,then the gyn came   and swabed her did his test  and  said there was no signs of  fluid leaking but the  sack is  low  on fluids,also my  wife said  the baby is not  moving,did ultrasound and saw  perfect  heartbeat,can anyone please explain to  us what  is the  outcome ,,this is her  first pregnancy
Did they tell you the fluid index ?
She's still pretty early and it's good that her waters haven't gone :) at 17 weeks she won't feel alot of movements they tend not to mention kick counts till about 28 weeks pregnant, my fluid was low but is not back at a normal level, just tell her to take it more easily and rest a bit
I am 19 weeks right now and my water broke and they said I had low fluid. I also have low lying placenta and I have been bleeding. I have been put on bedrest and antibiotics, but the drs tell me there is only a 50/50 chance. Reading you girls stories makes me happy but I'm scared about the next 6 weeks they said the baby can't live on its own untill 24 weeks that if I get and infection or start having contractions that they would deliver thebaby and that he wouldn't live very. long. I'm very scared but pray that everything will be ok and pray that he is strong and that I can be strong.
Hi, I am 13.1weeks today. I found out I was pregnant with a copper coil iud fitted at 6weeks pregnant. After regular check ups and scans the pregnancy has been developing well. I have had bledding and clotting speradically since 8weeks. On Sunday I leeked alot of fluid. I went for a scan today, the babys heart is beating but it is not moving and looks to be curled up whereas last week in my scan it was jumping all over the place. They have noted that I have lost most of the fluid. Also it looks like my coil has moved and is showing alot of blood around the coil area on the US. They have not given any hope at all. I am now basically waiting to miscarry. If nothing happens in the next week they have booked another scan for me, DR said I will need to make a decision next week to terminate the pregnancy if its still there as it will not be developing properly. I feel completely useless and am just waiting for the worst to happen. Im so sorry for everyone else in the same position or to have ever lost a baby. Although there are some success stories on here I am not holding out as also having the coil is threatening more problems. What sort of  infection can this cause and what may happen?
I'm 16 weeks with twins and my water broke. The doctors say I would have to terminate the pregnancy but I am having faith and praying that god help me and my babies. Any advice? Please pray for me
On April 19th I had an emergency cerclage placed and was placed on bedrest. Only being 18 weeks along I was told that if it failed my baby would not survive and I just needed to take it very easy. On May 18th I had a little bleedng and a lot of mucusy discharge. I learned that my cerclage had failed and one of the stitches had torn, the other was holding but only barely and I was dilated to a two. I was only 8 days away from 24 weeks which is when the baby is considered viable and they will attempt to save. I was told they were going to snip the other stitch and my baby would probably be born the next day and die.

I refused to allow them to snip the stitch. I just couldnt see snipping one of the only things keeping her in there, especially when she was so active and healthy. I struggled with why I was not strong enough to carry her and provide what she needed especially since I have already had three easy and perfect pregnancies.

Now i am 24 and 4/7 and my water broke three days ago. I have taken antibodies and medicine to help develop my unborn daughter and have not felt any contractions. My doctor told me that with good care and rest I can maintain this for weeks. There is a woman in the other room who already has. I am also learning a lot about Kangaroo Care which is a technique used with premies and newborns that is almost a miracle. Please dont give up because each day you continue to carry your baby is a blessing. It is tough and painful but the joys of being a mother will make the wait well worth it.
It was sorry for you not having your baby's survival and very sad.
I'm 20 weeks and have lost all fluid, they wanted me to terminate two days ago but I couldn't without my husband. He comes home tomorrow. Im no longer leaking is that because it's all gone or sealed over. After three previous miscarriages we want this so bad.
So what!  This is still very helpful to me!!  My daughter is going thru this right now and we're looking for any information, any comfort to help us.
Hi there . I hope everything is ok. This is our story.
From beginning it wasn't a difficult decision to have further testing after obtaining a high risk nuchal result. It was the pappa level that was low. Risk being 1:158. I'm only 27 and prior to this pregnancy I had already had 3 miscarriages all before 10 weeks. Not knowing why this was made it even more necessary to know for sure if our baby had a chromosomal defect. If in fact it did then we would decide to terminate. We have a 3 yr old son and would not nowingly carry on a pregnancy that would result in a child needing constant care that we could not give. So we decided to go with the cvs and on the day of after discussing with the obstetrician decided on an amino 1. Less risk 2. Retroverted uterus3. Bleeding in early pregnancy4. The low pappa can indicate a placental problem. So these factors would increase the risk to what it would already be. 3 weeks later we had the amino which was straight forward . I was only home for about 2 hours when I started leaking fluid. I had 2 gushes of fluid. Next morning I went back for an ultrasound to check fluid levels. There were 3 very small pockets of fluid and that was it. Put on bed rest and in the hope the fluid would reaccumulate/ replenish over a couple of weeks. Note - sac still intact and cervix closed. Monitored for infection and after waiting 2 weeks till 17 weeks of pregnancy we were operculum the fluid was back as I hadn't had any leaks to my knowledge. Well the scan showed even less fluid and growth was just under what it should be. We decided to terminate the pregnancy as the likelihood of deformities was high and very minimal to no chance that The fluid would come back. We induced labour and our little girl was born . The most traumatic day of our lives. Our girl was perfectly normal as the rapid fish study showed. We don't regret our decision at all even now knowing she was normal. So if u want to know and there is the risk of loosing a normal baby my case is rare and extremely unlucky. I may have been going to miscarry anyway who knows. I was at a higher risk of miscarrying on my own accord than with having the amino . Very tough loosing our little girl. 
I have the Cercelage stitches in right now and just hit 20 weeks today...this was due to 2 still births I feel so much more confident and the DR has also got me taking Progesterone as well to be completly safe..I'm at work right now as we speak and feel completly normal...bubby is kicking and doing summersaults...I reccomende the stitch it is a day procedure I had real minor bleeding after the stitch and then no cramping or bleeding the next day or since...Have had it in since 12 weeks now. I feel way less pressur on my cervix and have even started to buy things for our lil one...There is a lot of negitive things about the stitch but none of those cautions have occured for me or many other people I know...Once I have hit 25 weeks we go from been high risk to normal pregnancy and they remove the stitch between 36-37 weeks. I would do it over if I had to...HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!! Hope all goes well Ladies God bless and stay positive...so easy to think the worst trust me my goal is 25 weeks the 32 then 37.
I am 18 weeks and 2 day with twins,water broke for the first twin 2 days ago at 18 weeks exactly, other twin is ok. I had doctors appointment same day in the morning and everything was fine.I think the leak has stopped. My doctor said there is still a little water , both heartbeat are ok. The doctor said he will watch as event unfold. I'm on antibiotics. Does anybody have this same story and delivered the twins alive.
Will you tell me how you are doing..I lost all fluids about 8 days ago and I am19 weeks along, baby has strong heart beat and is moving. my doctor gave no hope and sent me home to resume normal activities 2 days ago!! I did not listen to him luckily!! Can you give any advice"
I am in same situation, given no hope 19 weeks and water broke 8 days ago. Can you share with me what happened PLEASE I am desperate to save my baby! Thankyou
Will you please give me an updateÉ I am in your situation and very afraid! No matter what your out come please share..thanks
This is where I am at...will you tell me what happened please
I had a hymrage that lasted from my second month until my fourth month.My water has been broken since 18 weeks without sealing over i am now a few days shy of being 29 weeks and started having some bleeding and contractions 15 min apart...my babies heartbeat during these two days of bleeding and having pains started slowing and then speeding up. Her normal heartbeat stayed around 145 when she was moving and 125 when she was in sleep mode..she had went down to 60 for one whole minute then started going to 170 and 180..after a few days of fluid and not moving at all out of the bed she went back to her normal heartbeat and kicking...my goal is to at least make it to 34 weeks right now . I had not been abusing any kind of drug, working, or having any kind of stress. The only problem i had was smoking, and i brought it from a pack to one cig and now to a patch every once in a while.I find it hard to believe that people have normal babies with no problems abuse n all that they do and being 24 years old and having no health problems I have to go through so much.
My water broke at 23 weeks and i been in the hospital for 20 days and still no baby i just have to wait for my bundle of joy
Kaza10,  you are not alone, trust me.
I too had the almost same thing happen to me in July 2011.  
Low Paap A.  High risk NT results 1:10 T21 because of it, Ultrasound was perfect at 11.5 weeks.  
I was going to have a Amnio at 15 weeks, as concerned about the risk results.
I starting bleeding at 14 weeks and went to the emergency dept.  I had ultrasound the next morning and they discovered low fluid. I do not recall leaking any fluid during the pregnancy. I was put on Antibiotics and told to see if any fluid re-accumulated when we go to do the amnio appointment.  Unfortunately the amnio it could not be done because the remainder of fluid had disappeared.   There was no fluid at all,  but a strong heartbeat.

I had to terminate my baby boy at 16wks, 4 days.   It is by far the worst experience of my life.

I have a 2.5 yr old girl, I am trying again to get pregnant again, I am nervous that this may happen again, and I know I will be worried until I get to full term and the baby is born breathing.

It does get easier to carry on,  but you never forget.
Hey so what happened, as I am in the same situation
I was prom at 18weeks, I've now 25weeks and Babys still growing how she should.. she gets her foot in abit of a tangle at times.. I have had lots of bleeds  and braxton hicks contraction since I was prom.. but doctors and myself are hopefully that ill go to 30weeks at least.. positive thoughts always
Hi my name is Shay. I am currently 17weeks and 2 days pregnant. My water broke yesterday morning around 9am. It gushed out and therw was alot of blood that came out. I went to the hospital and the did an ultrasound and to my surprise the baby was still in there with a heart beat of 150. I am currently in the hospital on bed rest. My doctor said he wanted to monitor me and see if I go into active labor. There's no amniotic fluid surrounding my baby and I'm constantly urinating out blood clots and blood. I love my little baby so much and am just hoping he/ she can remain strong for at least 10weeks. My mom and friends have been doing a lot of praying.  My fiance also left me at the hospital when he thought I misscarried to go hangout with his family. So not only am I stressing about. my baby I'm hurt I have no support from my boyfriend and his family.  My doctor doesn't think my outcome looks good. He said I would have to be on bed rest for months and just hope that I don't get an infection or go into labor. Any positive experiences are more than welcome.
hi i know this was a while back trying to find out how everything went for you im 20 and im 17 weeks going threw the same thing im scared and dont know what to expect
hi im 17 weeks an 1 day ,two days ago my water broke and my son heart beat was still stong .im only 20 i need help and advice the doctors think i should just give up and induce in labor but i want to see if he can see if the sac can seal back up can you give me advice please :(
hi im reading stories like your and getting hope my son is fighting too my water broke and he is still trying to make it im praying he can keep fluid til at least 7 more weeks so he can leave on this earth i been getting prayer from everyone i have faith that my story will be like yours
Water broke at 15 weeks I am 24 weeks now
There is DEFINITELY hope. Back in 1996 my water broke when I was exactly 16 weeks pregnant (I was also 16 years old). The doctors had no idea what had caused it. I was advised to terminate my pregnancy due to risk of a staph infection. The prognosis was very bleak. I kept faith, remained on bed rest for about 5.5 months,  and carried my son to 39 weeks! He was born an absolutely healthy 7 lbs 11 oz. He is now 15 years old! He is my miracle.
i'm sorry to hear that.  my daughter in law is going thru same thing.  she's in the hospital we rushed her yesterday and they put her on antibiotics.  babies heart beat is good.   All we can do is put it on GOD's hands. she lost some amniotic fluid.  I hope its seals and reproduce more.
my waters broke at 18 weeks im now 25 weeks i go to hospital twice a week to have swobes and blood,blood presure n so on and i have a scan evry 2 week i still leek bits of water but i have gained sum not alot tho babys heart beat is strong but i cud go into labour any time so i am on bedrest also if my swobes ever come back showin i have infection i have to be set into labour. my baby will be born breech and there is a chance wen its born it has no lungs so obv wont servive but also it may have lungs and the pediertritions can help there is alot that can go wrong but also u may have a baby at the end
I'm 20 weeks + 3 day, my water broke yesterday @ 01/01/2013. Is there a chance to continue pregnancy with mo major issues?
I called my mid wife because i was bleeding and i was 5 months along with my son. I told her i need to come in now! she said lets wait tell my next appointment, which was in 2 days so i decided to wait. the next night my water broke at midnight during intercourse with my husband, We rushed to the hospital which we waited in the emergency room for 30 minutes until i freaked out because i was leeking fluid every were then started gushing out blood. As a 19 years old i've never experience anything like this before. i just told the doctor to fix me and save my baby instead, he put me on inducers and said it was for pain which was a lie. They did ultrasounds said the baby was health but scared for there was no fluid inside and he was freaking out with me. I was in labor for 6 hours until i felt movement and lots of pressure which i told the nurse she told me to get up and go to the bathroom and go pee, as i was going pee i had my baby on the toilet which didn't survive from impact.  So the lesson i learned was don't believe what everyone says, even if they went 4 to 6 years to school and have a bachelor's degree. If you fill like somethings wrong go to a hospital which will take care of you. our find  a hospital who will do something about it even though you don't have the best insurance, they don't care but at lease they well care for your baby and your safety don't take the chance of waiting, for if you wait it might me to late.
My sister is going through this right now. She went to the hospital earlier today. I'm so scared for her. She's had been having alot of trouble with trying to have kids for a year or two and we found out late january early february that she was gonna have twins and now this happens. I just can't imagine how she's feeling right now and i pray that nothing bad will happen
Hi I started leaking after amniotic test but sealed in one day. It has been for weeks since and I am now 22 weeks.can I resume my sex life now.no other complications.scans are perfect.
I was 20 weeks pregnant.Dr put me on bed rest.  My dual marker sonography report was  good. But after 2 days my amniotic fluid passed out of my body & the pregnancy got terminate. Its was heartbreaking experience. What is the reason behind fluid passing ?
My name is Marsha and my waters broke at 11 weeks, I am now 14 weeks, on Antibiotics and bed rest but unfortunately my Amniotic fluids has stayed the same! Has my baby got a chance of life if I can get the fluids replace? I know how important the fluids are between 14 -20 weeks for the baby to develop it's kidneys and lungs. Can you give me some information on any other mother out there who's baby survived so early in pregnancy?
My daughter-in-law's water broke at 17 weeks.  Baby's heartbeat is very strong.  Hope that all goes well....I've read most of the posts here and I noticed that most of the mothers that lost their babies also have bloody shows and contractions. My daughter-in-law's has not shown any sign of that only amniotic fluid loss.  She now has 2 of fluid,Dr wants 5.. Any advice would be welcome...
Hello, do you mind sharing the outcome ? Im in the same situation except it has only been 2 days since the water has broken, heartbeat 153. Im now home and able to do everything normal just very scared
I had my 1st ultrasound and check up last thursday (May 19,2016) and found out that I have low amniotic fluid it is 1.5cm and ob said my membrane ruptured but my baby's heartbeat doing fine and the size is quit big,,in short my bby is ok....im going home without instructing to have bedrest or drink.a lot of water(3liters) but I did and after 5days leaking fluid stop and change to.blood leaking. I ask.my ob yesterday during my 2nd weekly ultrasound and check.up she just said that I have to do complete bedrest....bby is doing fine and the fluid increase to 1.8vm after one week..but why im still leaking blood and my clear liquid stop leaking?
Having the same issues, just wondering if you were able to build up your fluids?
I had my 1st ultrasound and check up last thursday (May 19,2016) and found out that I have low amniotic fluid it is 1.5cm and ob said my membrane ruptured but my baby's heartbeat doing fine and the size is quit big,,in short my bby is ok....im going home without instructing to have bedrest or drink.a lot of water(3liters) but I did and after 5days leaking fluid stop and change to.blood leaking. I ask.my ob yesterday during my 2nd weekly ultrasound and check.up she just said that I have to do complete bedrest....bby is doing fine and the fluid increase to 1.8vm after one week..
But why im still leaking blood and my clear liquid stop leaking?..im still worried anyway my WBC back to.normal after 7days medication for infection.
Had a friend who had her break at 16weeks with complete bed rest she made it increase and delivered at 28 weeks. Spent but now her boy is almost three years old and loving life!!! I pray the same for you!