pre eclampsia?
Im 36 weeks and 4days. Last weeks appt.showed some protein, slightly higher blood pressure.and a gain of 3.5 lbs in five days. This week my scale says I've gained more, I've had.a lot of back pain, headaches on and off, floating dots, and a really nasty taste like acid but doesn't feel like acid. My main concern is my shortness of breath...aren't these all symptoms? How should I.bring it to my draw attention that im worried..my last pregnancy I was borderline with eclampsia but still.had a.c section 39&6...this is my third baby.
When they ask you how you're feeling...bring up all these symptoms you are experiencing. It's the best way, unless they bother you so much you have to go in before you're appointment.
i would talk to your mid wife explain your concerns and they will prob deliver early which is what they did for me ... your shortness of breath could be do to high blood pressure and circulation issues ... do you have swelling in your legs and hands which is also a big indicator good luck to you i hope it all works out
Shortness of breath may be related more to the size of the baby reducing your lung capacity.

But the other symptoms sound like possible pre-eclampsia,  especially the sudden weight gain.  That sounds like it must be water,  not fat.

The good news is,  at 36 weeks you're so close to full term that your baby should be just fine if you have to deliver early.

Best wishes -
I had the same problems high bp and protein I was put on tablets to bring it down which worked lucky enough . But I was told any bad headaches or problems with sight to contact them .
I was in yesterday for very similar except my weight gain is the opposite.  My doctor had me monitored and had blood drawn and monitored.  I'm now going 1-2x per week instead of just 1.  It depends on how soon I can get in there but they're watching me like a hawk and even stripped my membranes (I'm 37+1).  You have to tell them what you are experiencing and remind them of your history.  Good luck!
Please tell your doc/midwife how you're feeling, i had pre eclampsia too with my first, and it can be very dangerous if left untreated. Your bub would be fine if born now, my daughter was born at 33 weeks, my preclampsia and blood pressure got so bad.