prenatal care
It seems that I will not have my first appointment untill I am ten weeks, and it will only be paper work. I will not have a physical untill 12 weeks. Is this bad? I thought the dr was supposed to see me as soon as possible. They do not even want me to do a confirmation blood test. From what I have been told i have to use this ob due to my insurance.
Cancel
10 Answers
Page 1 of 1
13167 tn?1327197724
I would ask for an Rx for prenatal vitamins,  and start taking them.

I really don't understand all the doctors appointments that people do so early,  in an apparently healthy woman.  If the pregnancy is going to "stick", there's almost nothing you can do to accidentally harm it,  and if it's going to fail in the first trimester there's nothing that you could (or should) do to try to save it.  

Sometimes,  less is more.  ;D
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for your comment it helped me put my feet on the ground. I was getting pretty upset with the dr's office.  My last pregnancy was high risk with mono twins and we lived on a different base. The care was different. But i guess it can not all be the same from place to place. :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
13167 tn?1327197724
Oh, so you're in the military?  That explains it - private doctors competing for patients often give them tons of little extras that the military doesn't.  But really,  as fun as it is to have tons of sonograms,  they don't help anything in the first trimester.  Later,  if there are problems with a viable baby,  they're really helpful because you can act on that information.

Best wishes -
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I did not even think about that, but it does make sense. :) Thank  you again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
In the uk it's the same unless you have problems as they can give you a scan and the scanner isn't allways able to see everything so it's best for them to get you to wait that's why most ladies end up posting about problem scans early so your doctor is doing the best for you and your baby so makeing you waight is best for you and your baby.. Congrats on your pregnancy
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Most doctors where I live don't see you until 10-12 weeks either. Just go get you some prenatal vitamins at any drugstore or Walmart.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you. Just picked up another bottle of prenatal vitamins. The pharmacist recommend nature made with dha. I hope they are good.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
4309243 tn?1353923391
In the UK we don't see anybody till 12weeks. That when you have your first scan. Unless there are complications.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I didn't see a dr until I was 14 wks this pregnancy and 16 weeks with my last child and they are perfectly healthy. I took over the counter prenatals until they called some in.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for your comments they help a lot. :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
18 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1451008167
Blank