preterm labor
I am 31 weeks and have been experencing what feels like menstrual cramps, sharp pains around my belly button and my pelvic area. I have had a huge increase in my feet and legs swelling and a increase in urination and bowel movements. My last doctor appt I was 30 weeks and my doctor said the baby had already dropped. I am a first time mom and dont know what to be expecting from these symptoms. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
It doesn't sound like it to me. It sound like them babies position. Cramps and sharp pain could be from baby pushing or moving. But when in doubt go to labor and delivery just to be monitored if all else.
Your contractions would normally wrap around your whole belly not just in one spot. Pelvic pressure and frequent bathroom trips again could be from baby sitting low. I hope that's all it is.. labor and delivery will be your best bet to know for sure. Stay hydrated ( 8 oz water every hour) and rest on left side may help to