ultrasound at 5 weeks - no sac - no nothing?
Hello everyone, I have been reading all your posts since I returned this afternoon from my OB doc appt.  I hope that someone can help...as you've answered so many questions for so many other ladies...I m/c last February - I am now preg.  I went in to see my OB doc today - they wanted to see me early on because of the m/c.  He did a vaginal u/s and the only thing he found was a cyst on my right ovary.  Nothing in my tubes and/or my uterus.  He didn't see the sac.  He said for me not to worry because I am just 5 weeks and a lot can happen in a few days and/or another week.  However, I am really worried that this pregnancy won't take...??  The funny thing is - I feel pregnant, have some breast tenderness, gas, indigestion, frequent urination, etc.  I didn't feel this way when I miscarried this past year.  I hope that someone can put my nerves to ease.  Thanks in advance.  Oh, they did my blood work up today along with my hcgs and I will go back on Wednesday (1st) for another level check.
I am 6 weeks pregnant and went my u/s and the nurse said she cant see nothing. That there wasnt anything in my uterus. I am so cut up by the fact i could have miscarriaged and more so i told my daughter i have a baby in my tummy. The hospital are sending me today for blood tests i am praying its just to early. Like all mums to be, i want this baby more then anything and would give anything x
How did it finally go? Just got to this site and read ur post on the 11th of Jan, 2008. Did u still see ur baby and did u have him/her safely cos I am in your shoes right now.and soooo nervous. Do respond please
hi all :) hope some1 can help me.. think im 5 weeks pregnant.. last week had internal scan but saw nothing. had bloods done had 108, then 48hours later was 265 then 48hours after that 660.. im due for a scan weds i hope i can see something as docs keep saying eptopic but i had same problem with my first but saw him on internal at 6 weeks?? can any1 help :( xx
i had a positive pregnancy test day before i missed my period. i started feeling pregnancy symptoms about a week after my ovulation. went to see a Dr. but urine test was negative. took another test 10 days later at home, still positive. my breast is enlarged and all the other early symptoms present. I did an ultrascan yesterday supposed to be 7 weeks but uterus was normal. no sign of pregnancy. am scared. this is first pregnancy.
Ladies I'm 4 wks along in my 2nd pregnancy and I'm kinda worried I took a test the 13th and it was positive and on the 17th they said I was 3 wks but when it came to my hcg it went from 700 to 900 can someone plz help me I've also been bleeding for a week but my hcg went up and I'm having no pain..am I over reacting?
Went to the Doc's I am 5w6d according to lmp.. Did vaginal ultrasound saw nothing.. Urine and blood test are positive for pregnancy. I have pain in my lower right side of abdomin. U/S confirmed I do have cyst on right overy. Doctor says could be Ectopic. I am so scared and sad. Could it just be that I am just barely pregnat which is why doctor cannot see anything on ultrasound? Took blood test yesterday shows low amount of HCG. Will take another blood test tomorrow. Please pray this is a normal pregnancy just early on.
Will keep you posted
I am seriously So happy I saw this. I was in the ER Friday night and I'm supposed to be around 6 weeks. They said all they see is a sac on vaginal ultrasound. I have to go next week for hcg level testing and another u/s in a few weeks and I'm terrified. Reading your responses put my mind at ease, though. I'm just praying for a healthy pregnancy...
I am 5 weeks and went into the er because I was spotting they did an US on the emergencie machine but there was no sack , am so afraid because this is my 1st
hi! we have the same thing happening right now!, i was delayed for 10 days already, then i got 2 positive faint lines from my home pregnancy test. based on my lmp, im also 5 weeks, but after my vaginal ultrasound yesterday, they did not see and sac in my uterus and tubes.. nothing but my cyst in my left ovary!! now im having some brownish spotting.. im so confused if im pregnant or not... i also feel pregnant, breast tenderness something like that... im dying to know the truth
hey, my first u/s was booked for tomorrow, yesterday i started getting light brown discharge, last week my breasts stop being sore and sensitive and today i started bleeding heavily (fresh red blood) and getting lower back pains like when i get my period. i called my gyne in a panic - she did the u/s today and saw no sac - by this time we should have detected a heart beat at 7 weeks but there was nothing - not even a sac. so i will shed everything naturally - thank god - we are so sad and dissapointed about the m/c - the gyne said we can start trying again in january and i should remain taking folic acid while trying. good luck to all of you whether you having success in your pregancy or not - sending you all positive energy. x
Can anyone give any advice i thought iwas 8wks pregnant and went for an u/s today as i have been having bleads some light some heavy and the doc said she can see a pregnancy sac there but im only measuring at 5wks theres no way my dates are wrong shes bringing me back in a week to do another scan but im worried that theres a problem with the growth and thats why im bleading. Any advice i would be so greatful. Thank you.
hi all im very confused i had a ectopic pregnancy on the 14th of november resulting in my right tube being removed i had unprotected intercourse with my partner about a week after surgery .about two weeks after that i had pregnancy symptoms again sore boobs etc. so something told me to take a pregnancy test i did and it was positive 1-2 weeks conceived then took another one this friday and it still says positive 1-2 weeks had two hgc blood test one the first time i did my pregnancy test and one on friday just gone the doctor rang me and said the level were both the same so it didnt change she said it could just be that they are slowly decreasing after the ectopic.but i have to go back on tuesday for another blood test if they stay the same or rise i have to see the gyne team i am really scared dont know what to think can anyone help ?
hello everyone went to the er this morning i was bleeding lighty they did an vu and seen nothing but hcg level was low at 500 they told to come back in 2days im scared had 2 m/c in 07 and 06 what shold i do
i have a similar problem but they didnt see anything in vu and told me to come back in 2days anr see if my hcg level went up just pray everything fine
Well I took 4 pregnancy tests. 3 came out with a faded lines and took a digital one which came back as I was pregnant between 2-3 weeks.

I was so excited and shocked at same time as was not trying. Anyways all was going ok and about a week after I found out I was pregnant I started bleeding quiet heavy for about 6 days so I went to the doctor on my holiday in this small town who did a scan and said I did not have a miscarriage and I was not pregnant but I had a cyst that ruptured.

He could not see a sac for pregnancy and he only charged me like R100 for the scan. I'm not to sure if this guy new what he was talking about or not.

I said to him why did I have that pregnancy hormone in my system if I was not pregnant and he said that the cyst that ruptured gives off the same hormone. Is this true???? I need help! Did I have a miscarriage or can I still be pregnant?

I just had my first ultrasound and the picture was clear,  measured at 1.15cm and I was told I was 5w 2days? Is this normal?
Hello I am new to this site and I was reading your information. I recently found out on jan11, that i am pregnant. I confirmed that with the docter the next day, and then 1/16 i started bleeding not light, but not heavy and with no cramping. I went to the er and they ruled out etopic, and said could be a miscarriage or nothing, so i had a appointment with my docter on 1/17 and he got the charts from the er. I had low hcgt levels at hospital which was 42, and then he took some blood which was the next day those results were at 55. I stopped bleeding on 1/18 I fel great had a scheduled ultrasound for today and i am suppose to be 6weeks and 3 days. We did not see anything no sac, nothing so now I am scared they took some more blood, and I am awaiting results. Mind you I am 35 and this will be my first. Have you or anyone you may know ever had a postive outcome from something like this
Hello I am new to this site also... I went for a vaginal u/s on Tue,according to lmp should have been 5 weeks 4 days, they couldn't find anything the sonographer found a sac but said she was not sure if it was one or not, my right ovary is showing a luteum corpal cyst which is common for preg and she also found some free flowing blood which I'm so worried about, my hcg levels were taken, she phoned later in the afternoon and said they look normal for early preg, am having them repeated tomo and hope they have gone up, am yet to know when or if I'll be having another u/s, I am so emotional I cnt stop crying and have taken time off work and just don't kno what to do with myself, I have a beautiful daughter who is 3 and a half so am trying my best to keep busy with her. Will update when I know more and hope others do too X
Hi... I had a miscarriage.. Sept 13/2011.. the doctor told me I could get pregnant right after thanksgiving, but I got decided to get pregnant for January.2012. I missed my pd in January 28, same day I did a home test came positive and went to doctor and saw on ultrasound I was about 5 weeks along but I could only see a sac.. still scares me cus I don't want another miscarriage but I'm trying to keep positive, and I only threw up 4 times and it stopped and I dnt have frequent urination yet. Idk wats up.
Hey there.
I am in a similar situation to you. Went for vus a couple of days ago and the tec said that she could see the cyst on my right ovary, that the lining of my uterus had thickened, but there was no sign of any sack/ pregnancy. I have had very light spot bleeding today but no pain. Since then I have done lots of research...
1. We do not all ovulate at the same point in our cycles... and if you ovulate late in the cycle you could be 5 or so days less pregnant than you think. At 5 weeks it is very unlikely that you would see anything.
2. Spotting in early pregnancy is pretty normal. It is heavy bleeding that is worrying.
I really hope that it all goes well for you. I have the docs again in a few days where I will ask for HCG testing. I have also re-booked my u/s for 2 weeks time... In the meantime I am going to try and remain positive- stress hormones will do far more harm than good and unfortunately however much we worry it won't change a thing! Keep me posted xxx
me daughter doesn't have regular periods.  so this time no period since oct 5.  she took a pregnancy test in early january. Not pregnant took a test on 2/25 pregnant so not knowing how far along she was we took her to emergency room on 2/26 test confirmed pregnancy.  Hcg level was 3997. they said about 5 1/2 weeks ultra sound showed nothing... vaginal ultrasound showed nothing. they did an internal and they said cervix was closed everything looked normal... in the one corner there was some blood (no idea what that ment lol) the next day 2/28 she started bleeding @ around 8:30 am and bled off and on until about 4pm with intense cramping and there was clotting...not sure what is going on she was fine before the internal exam....everyone says let nature take its course and she has a blood test on thursday for hcg levels and a doctors appointment on friday 3/3 so scared nervous....help any ideas can the baby still be okay
Hi two weeks ago I was two days late and had some symptoms so the doctor did a blood test and it was negative. I still "felt pregnant" so I took a HPT last Saturday and last Monday both negative. This past Saturday I didn't feel to hot I was have period like cramping but no period so I took another test well it was a faint positive so I went and bought a digital test and it was positive! Call my doctor since I had some cramping still and that was yesterday. Today I still had some cramping and this is my first pregnancy so I'm a little nervous, they checked yesterday's test and said my level was low I heard him say 110. I did the scan nothing was seen. I'm going back tomorrow for repeat bloods, hoping for a double, he thinks I may have ovulated later in my cycle so I'm really early! Praying that's the case I'll keep you all posted!
Update: had my follow blood test and it doubled plus a little more in less than 48 hours!! Follow up on Friday again! Doctors thinks I ovulated late and have a really early pregnancy!
I found out that i was pregnant wed when i went to the e.r i had a ultrsound  done showing that i was 5 weeks they seen a sac no fetus, so the tody me to come back in friday witch is today  and checked my blood levels thet went from 800 to 1400 in to days my sac growing byt still no fetus so i go back on monday for a repeat and i can't wait my mind is wondering but i believe the baby will develop i'm praying that it do.
Hi I just want to know how you got on i am currently 5 to 6 weeks and the same happened me when i got a scan there was a sack and nothing else. when i was scannd on my other two children at 6 weeks their was heart beats. I have to wait untill the 10th of april for another scan
I am so concerned I found out about a week and 2 days ago that I was pregnant, I did 4 home pregnancy test from the dollar store and the lines were extremely faint, so I went and bought 2 clearblue digital ones which both showed positive... I was soo excited, but last Saturday I started to feel some discomfort in my lower left abdomen and decided to go to the ER where they did a urine and blood test and both came back positive with my hcg levels being at 300 the doctor told me I had just recently gotten pregnant and wanted me to do a follow up that next Tuesday which was yesterday! They said my hcg levels went from 300 to 700 but when she proceeded to do an ultrasound she didnt see anything at all! They think I can just be way to early or that its an ectopic pregnancy which has me soo concered and scared.. I really want this baby can anybody please help me???
I have an appointment on the 10th as well, I went on the 3erd and they couldnt see anything on my vus, I am soo worried but have my faith put in God that theres nothing wrong and that I was just too early to even see anything... So dont get your hopes up everything will be fine all you need is faith and you will see! Keep my posted wish you luck, my prayers are with you!!!
I had my last period on the 20/2/2012 i did a blood test 3 to 4 weeks ago n came back negative. last week i still hadn't got my period so they did another blood test n it cam back positive. ive done 2dr's urine test n 6home urine test and they all also came back positive (ive had 3m/c hence so many urine tests) i had my first scan today and he found nothing!!! He told me if i get any pain go straight to the hospital but i could have fallen preggers this cycle and that could be the reason why there is nothing there. im soooooo scared im going to m/c again its not funny!!! I am blessed with my 7month old who took us 10years and the 3m/c to get but what can i do to make this bubba stay?????? I have all the symptoms as well, boobs hurt and hormonal...lol i am starting to urinate alot more and am really thursty all the time and my tummy has already popped...
I just had scan at 5 weeks.  They told me the same. Not see anything.  I was so scared until I googled and read all these comments.   Best to keep positive.   This is my fourth pregnancy.  None of previous successful.   So have to be really positive this time round.  
HELLO ALL . I Am In A Similar Situation. I Go In ER For Moderate Bleeding . Urine Test Positive For Pregnancy Also With Blood Test. U/S Shows Nothing But HCG is at 238. Three Days Later HcG Is At 447 Still Nthing On U/S. My Last NORMAL Cycle was April 1st. Came On May 1st For 1 Day and did notbleed anymore till maybe a week ago and is still bleeding. Why is This HappeningAnd How Far Along A I ?
Can anyone help me. I was on the implant and had a peoriod on  08/05/12  after nearly a year of not having one, I then had my implant removed 25/05/12 and haven't had a period or any signs of one since. I did a pregnancy test last week and it said I was pregnant so as you do I did more. I also did 2 clear blue ones and they said 1-2 weeks and then 2-3 a few days later. I called a midwife to make an appointment but when I told her that I had the implant out 3 weeks ago she said I might not be pregnant it might be the hormone after having the implant removed and to test in a few weeks time and phone back. Could this be possible 6 positive tests and not pregnant???
Dear all, I m/c in feb and now preg again! My hub and I are thrilled and excited. However last week when we for for transvaginal u/s , dr said that water sac did grow but not much compared to last week. As my period is irregular, I hope it's still early now to detect the yolk sac and bb heartbeat. Dear all, pls help to pray! God bless all too!!
Ok , so my last menstral cycle  was july2 and i took my pregnancy test on july 30 and found out I was pregnant...the estimated due date was april 9 courtesy of the health dept. My husband and I were having intercourse last sunday night and after I started to  bleed. We ran to emergency and they gave me a vaginal ultra sound they saw my uterus and a yolk sac everything looked fine but they said I am not as far along as I thought I was....My hcg levels were at 40,000 ...the next day we went to see the obgyn and they said same thing...If I was sure I had the dates correct....I am more than positive I do but now starting to douby myself. I am supposed to go back this weekend for another Ultrasound to see if there was any growth anf if the pregnancy is viable. I am freaking out and this emotional roller coaster is killing me and my husband. We have been tring for a while and are scared to death. Any thoughts or opinions?
I had a mc on 8/7/12... It's been so hard.... But we r still trying... At 5 weeks the Doc did an ultra sound but he did not see anything... Then at 7 weeks I had a mc... I'm really scared about getting pregnant again.... Don't want 2 get my hopes up... But I'm praying that everything goes well... I'm in my fertile days.. Right now.. So we r trying... Good luck 2 all of u gurls!! <3
I just left the doctors office from a us. I too am about 5 weeks, we saw nothing. My hcg levels have been as follows 10/19-170,10/24-802, 10/26-1844, 10/27-1807, 10/29-3402, & 10/31-4230... Should I be concerned? I told my dr that I don't want another test or us for a week! Any hope for me?
iam 5weeks pregnant i went to the er cause i was havin some bleedin & still is they did a us the dr said they dnt see anything he said that i culd hve had a m/c my hcg level was high wen i first found out now the doctor sayin its low so i have to go bck in for blood wrk again & i am really freakin out can sumone help me on dis one
I'm 6w2d and had a vaginal u/s done, he couldn't find nothing not even a sac.. so he is testing my hcg levels, bit I have a cyst on my right ovary. Could I be to early for anything to show, I'm really nervous. This is my second baby.. thanks ladies.
I am 5w and 2d pregnant, I went to the doctor yesterday for an ultrasound and a level check. I have had my levels checked 2 times in the past week as well as yesterday, so 3 times. The first one was 65, the second one which was 2 days later was 193, the one from yesterday was 895. In the ultrasound they seen nothing but a cyst on my left ovary. But, in order to see at least the sac your levels need to be above 1500. I go back Monday to get the levels checked again and I don't have another ultrasound scheduled until March 14th! God gave me this gift of life and I am leaving the life of my child in his hands!! I hope everything is ok with us both and will be praying!
I should be around 4 weeks and 5 days is it possible for the doctors to not be able to see the sac or baby yet?
hi im wonderin if someone can help im just over 5 wks pregnant and had a scan done today because ive been in a bit of pain but they didnt see anythin at all and they think it cld be another etppic as i had 1 in2007 and lost my tube through it cld anyone help pls?
I recently found I was prego 7/6/13 so the dr wanted me to have a u/s asap. I should be about a 5 weeks & 2 days according to my last m/p. They told me that it was nothing there & I might be suffering from a epic pregnancy. I have been reading online about the sympthons but my sympthons are similar to ms sympthons except no bleeding or spotting. This is my first time being pregnant has anyone ever experienced this before???
Hi! I just read your comment about your baby not growing at the rate she should be.  I went to the doctor and was told by my last period I should be about 7 1/2 weeks, but the ultrasound showed that I was only 5 1/2 weeks.  This worried me, and I hate that.  I wish I hadn't even gotten one until later.  What happened with your little one?  Why was it so far off?
hello evryone im jade, i was supposed to have a menstruation last feb.20, but it didn't came till now, though im having a stomach cramps..so i decided to take a home pregnancy tests..it has all positive result but the other line was faint and it took 5mins to read the results..so i went to the OB gyne the next day..i had ultrasound but unforfunately, they saw nothing on it..no sac,,heartbeat etc..the only thing that can confirm my pregnancy was a home pregnancy test...she then ask me again to have PT after the ultrasound, it came up 2 lines but the other line is faint and it will took 5mins for her to read the result..but she said i am 5weeks pregnant and i have to come back in 2 weeks to have another utz. It scares me a lot that she didn't see anything on the utz indicating i was pregnant...i really want this baby. does anybody experience this? is this normal? im stressed.=(
Hey i have a question please help
Hi Jade,
I am Sarbani and I am in a similar situation that you were last year. I had my period on 24th Dec and my periods regularly occur every 28/29 days. I took a home pregnancy test which was only very very faintly positive yesterday. So, I went to the gynaecologist today but she said that nothing can be seen anywhere in the vaginal u/s. By this time a hole or something should be seen somewhere. I am awaiting blood test results and anxiously praying.
I am trying to have some hope. What happened in your case? Did everything turn out ok?
Hi Im in similar situation. I was 10 days late on my period and I did the PT twice with diff brand and it came out positive. I found out just last friday. Today I went to see a gynecologist and she did a viginal u/s and she told me she cant see anything. Apparently I was 6 weeks and 3 days as of today since my LMP. She said i might be on the early stage of miscarriage so she ordered me to do blood test today and a f/u blood test on Wednesday. Im praying that I hear a good news from my gynecologist by Thursday morning. This is my first pregnancy. I dont know if this is a normal thing but I'm hoping that its just Im too early to see anything on the u/s.