water before a c section
I know they say no, but I read 4 hrs before is ok? Any one know anything about this?
I was told no, but i can't recall why
I drank up to four hours before with mine. It's important you stay hydrated. Nothing else though as if they do have to use a general anaesthetic you could vomit while your under. Water is normally fine though. Good luck
Thank you,  it's today at 130pm.  My first due to complications.  I'm scared
Forget being scared and pray
Dont be scared. Be thankful they have found whatever it is early enough to deliver safely. I've had two prem births and one was section one was natural. This new one will be section too. Pushing baby out is overrated :) you don't get a medal for going through the pain. Hope everything goes well. Be strong and your baby will be strong. i don't have a religious faith so I can't say pray, but hope , it's a strong feeling and your baby will sense what you feel. Good luck today.
Thank you that makes me feel better about things.  I'm very thankful and can't wait to hold my little man
It really was a pain... I thought I was going to throw up over everyone, but I think having the csection in the morning was better for me. I couldn't eat or drink after 11pm (only thing allowed was brushing teeth.) I had to be at the hospital at 4:30am for all the admission stuff and prep. My surgery was scheduled at 6:30am and the doctor was late so my daughter wasn't born until shortly after 7am.  That is a long time to have a dry month even though I had IV fluid for part of the time.  You can do it.  Just call the office for a more specific time if you need one.
Ya they told me no eating or drinking after midnight I check in at 1130am and surgery is at 130pm.  But then my doctor told me if I wanted to get up at 4 am and eat I could as long as it was no later than 515am . He said 8 hrs before the surgery.  Then in my research on my own I saw that people were able to drink water till 4 hrs before.  I haven't drank water since 6am. But my mouth is so dry! And I still have 6 hrs before surgery!