Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community
2 weeks late, negative urine tests, spotting and cramping. Am i pregnan...

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

2 weeks late, negative urine tests, spotting and cramping. Am i pregnant?

Hi there!
Just a little information on what's going on. I'd like to get some feedback before I jump in and go to the dr's.

Right now I'm 13 days late with my period. I've been eating normal, have a scheduled routine, and am not stressed too much than any normal person would be. Three weeks ago I had some spotting that was a brownish color that lasted 4-5 hours. I used feminine products just in case because it was odd and unusual for me. Two weeks ago I started getting bad cramping and nausea. I scheduled an appointment for the doctor's, did a CT scan with contrast and showed nothing. At that time I was about 5 days late. He did a urine test and came back negative. Monday the symptoms persisted and I went to the OBGYN and was concerned I was late, but since I get migraines he said it could have been that delaying my period? Other than that, everything seemed normal and his urine test came back negative for pregnancy as well. This morning I took a ClearBlue home pregnancy test and it came back negative. I'm just a little concerned and would like some ideas as to what is going on.
I live with my boyfriend and we are sexually active. We're not trying for a child right now, but we are financially stable to support one.

Some other information to consider:
- terminated one pregnancy at age 16
- used to be irregular until I was 17. I'm 20 now. The most I've been late is 4 days. Two weeks is definitely unusual.
- just moved to a different state with my boyfriend since he is in the military, but we are settled in and have no stress. If anything, we're just about stress-free.
Your OB didn't help you figure out why youre late? First, your ovulation could be late, second, sometimes periods just aren't regular, I was regular for 4 years, then was irregular for 3 months, and am regular again. It just happens sometimes, even with a regular cycle. Also, if you're not ovulating properly, or ovulating at all, your period will not come. That is something you have no control over. Did he check you for any infections? If you were 14 days late you'd be showing positive on a HPT, and since doctors rely on them so much, unless you really insist on a blood test, they won't do one. So if you really think you might be pregnant,  ask for a blood test, that will tell you for sure. Also, since you did terminate a pregnancy once, make sure if you are pregnant you discuss this with your OB, so it doesn't create any problems for future pregnancies, incompetent cervix is a big one! Good luck hun!