Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
7 days after conception and heavy bleeding? help!

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Hello.
    Excactly a week ago today was the conception date, and FOR SURE, something was concieved. On the 5th day later, I started bleeding. I was not worried, as I knew that implantation bleeding is normal after the 5th or 6th day... but... then I started bleeding large clots. There has only been about three, but still: they're clots. BIG ones. But my stomach still feels firm and there is a knot directly below my belly button... I know it is still too early to even know if I really am pregnant, it's just I'm panicking. I already lost a baby, at thirteen weeks, and was told by my doctor when I was twelve that there was maybe only a 50-50% chance that I was fertile. So... I'm scared. Please help!
           thanks ♥
How do you know something was conceived? Even having sex during your ovulation time, you only have a 20% chance of conception. Your stomach would not be firm, nor would you have any knots anywhere due to pregnancy this early.

More than likely it is just your cycle starting. When are/were you due?
It does sound like your period. Pregnancy tests wouldn't show positive 5 days after conception - at 5 days after conception it's too early to have any symptoms. The baby doesn't even implant and begin producing the hormones that cause pregnancy symptoms until almost 2 weeks after conception.  I found out somewhere between 4 and 5 weeks after conception, and they told me that was really early. Sometimes when we think we're pregnant everything seems like a pregnancy symptom - trust me, I've had a couple of pregnancy scares before and I had a lot of "symptoms"...and then my period started. I'm sure you'll have luck in future months. :)
How could you possibly know that you did actually conceive?
well, i don't know for sure, but: i had just come off of a period, and it was the day that my ovulation was the heaviest, and he came 3 times. so... yes, i think there is a BIG chance something was conceived...
plus, i had just finished a period the week before. my period is irregulaur, but not that irregulaur.
right? i'm not even sure if i am pregnant... you know how the mind stresses, and it makes the body stress, too... we've just been trying since i lost the last baby, and i'm just panicking. but thanks, ladies. either way, i'm good. but i just don't want to be pregnant and not know. i heard that if you bleed during the first few weeks, a home test will not pick up the hormones... i have no idea: i am SO confused. but i am at least 90% sure i'm not pregnant, just worrying.
If you had just come off your period, it's doubtful you would have ovulated. A female only ovulates on 1 day, and the egg is viable for 12-24 hours. She however is fertile for the 5 days leading up to ovulation, and sperm on average will last 5 days in the female body. You will typically ovulate 2 weeks before your next period comes, so if you have a typical 28 day cycle you will ovulate on CD 14. However, if you're having period like bleeding and then bleed again a week later, more than likely you did not even ovulate.

Honestly, him ejaculating 3 times in you doesn't do much. In fact it lowers your odds in some sense. Men need around 36 hours between ejaculations for the sperm count to properly replenish. This is why when a couple is trying to conceive, you don't want to have sex constantly. As I stated before, you only have a 20% chance of conception when ovulating.

Bleeding doesn't affect the hormones, nor does it mask it. You can test in 2-3 weeks with first morning urine.