Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Brown spotting and light bleeding not sure if it is my period or am I p...

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Brown spotting and light bleeding not sure if it is my period or am I pregnant

I was scheduled to get my period on July 22 or 23.  on those 23rd I assumed I was getting my period because I start out with a brown discharge.  But the that discharge is still here.  When I wipe after going to bathroom sometimes the discharge is light on toilet tissue and sometimes I will get very light blood.  I still have this discharge and I know if it was to be my period it should be over by now.  Could I be pregnant.  I took a pregnancy test last Monday and it came back negative but I don't have no signs of being pregnant either.  Should I want til it stops and hope for a period next month, take a pregnancy test, or go to the doctor.  This has never happened before.  I don't know what this is.  Hope someone can tell me.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
I am experiencing the same issue you are, and on almost the exact same dates.  I got two negative hpt's last week and then called the nurse at my dr. office on Friday to see what she recommended.  She said to wait 1 week and if I still had no period to take another test.  If that was still negative, then wait another week.  If it came time for my next period, and it didn't show, and I was still getting negative hpt's then come in to the doc.  The part that surprised me was that she said "even though those tests say they're accurate, sometimes you just don't have enough hormone in your system to show up".  I said "yeah, but really, how often do you see that happen?"  She said "Actually, I've seen it quite a bit".  But she also explained that sometimes, even if you're a very on-schedule person, sometimes for no reason you just simply miss a period or you have a strange period.
Periods can vary in length and flow.  It sounds like a period.
Let me clarify that a little more:
The nurse said that even though those tests say they're accurate to use on the day your miss your period, or even before, if you had implantation late in your cycle then there might not be enough hormone in your system yet.  So that's why she recommeneded waiting 1-2 weeks and taking another test if I still don't have my period.
Well I am pushing on 3 weeks of this so called period if that is what it is. when I use bathroom it is no longer brown when I wipe it is blood this started about wednesday or thursday....but when I where my pad it is only brown spotting.  I don't know what is going on with me.  Should I just ride this one out of go see doctor immediately.  And will a doctore see a female with them on a period.  Not sure if it is even my period.  Husband and I are trying to concieve (conceive) but looks like this so called is taking its toll on me if it is actually a period.  Someone please help me.
Well I finally started my period.  It started out with 2-3 days of the brownish stuff that you are describing, then it came with a vengence.  

If you are 3 weeks past your period due date, and still have negative hpt's, then I would try to just ride this one out.  If you aren't too busy and are impatient, then you could go to the doctor.  Tell them exactly what you told us and that you are actively TTC.  Because you are TTC, the doc should not have any argument against ordering bloodwork to check your hcg levels... then you would know 100%.  

The fact that you have red blood is what makes me think you are having your period - even though it's a very abnormal period for you.

My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
I will wait it out the thing is my breast usually are tender the week of my period and I break out all on my face and none of that did not happen...I did not get any cramps but I am constantly wiping blood and see blood drip out of me....I will ride this one out I guess it is very abnormal.
Well I am starting week 4 with this period that has not stopped yet.  Should I call a doctor now.  I can forget about getting pregnant this month had my period since the 22 of July....I will take all the advice I can get.  Some please help......
Definitely call a doctor and been seen right away.  This sounds very unusual.  Did you take any kind of birth control and then stop/start it at an unusual time?  This is very strange...
Keep posting updates...
I would definately make an appointment. It is very odd that you are going on a 'period' for 4 weeks now.  The brown stuff is just blood that has sat for a while before dismissing from your body.  Please let us know what the doctor tells you.

A couple months back I thought I was pregnant when I saw the brown stuff and no period.  It took a couple of days and the period eventually came.  This month it is happening again. I am waiting on the period this time...I guess we will see.
I am experienceing what you all are explaining almost to a T. I have an IUD in and have been concerned that I have an ectopic pregnancy. Can you tell be if you or anyone else by chance have found out if they are prego or not prego.
THANKS!!
Hey, I received my last period July 21th & it ended around the 24th.  Two weeks later I was spotting.  It was light brown & it lasted for about 5 days? What could it have been? It sure didn't feel like my period.  Does anyone know what that could have been? I was expecting my period August 19th since that was 4 weeks from the last time I had my period, but I still don't have it..what should I do?

kayla
Well I will keep you all informed I am on week 5 I believe....I am still bleeding and now it is around the time I should be getting my period....but I am going to go this week...thanks for the support....
Well I guess I will see too. I have stopped spotting it seems to have subsided when I began ovulating. I am still having a very sharp pain that comes and goes though Saturday it was on the right, however 2 days befor Sat it was on the left!! I have a Dr's appt the day after tomorrow. So I will be sure to let you all know what information I recieve! Good luck!
Hey, can anyone please help me out, or inform what you think is happening?  I received my period the 21st of July & ended them 24th of July..I would say it was a normal period.  About two weeks later i was spotting out little light brown clots..what was it from?  I am still waiting for my period..I was supposed to get it August 18th..but it has been 4 days late.  What`s causing the spotting? Can anybody help or give me advice..THANKS!

kayla

kayla
Hey, can anybody please help me or give me some advice.  I received my period on the 21st of July & it ended around the 24th of July.  I would say it was a normal period.  About 2 weeks later I was spotting light brown little clots.  I was supposed to get my period 4 weeks later ( 28 days) but it has been 4 days late..what`s wrong? & why was I spotting.  The spotting lasted for 5-6 days.  HELP! Anyone with advice?  THANKS!

Kayla
I have been on the pill for a while now. I last had my period Aug. 8th. I missed two days worth of pills on Aug 21st and 22nd. I doubled up to catch up just like my doctor told me to. On Aug 26(apx) I started getting a light to dark drown discharge. It has continued for about 5 days now. I am VERY concerned. Am I pregnant? Is something wrong? I was told that it might be because I missed pills and doubled up...but for some reason, I dont believe that is correct. My breasts are also pretty tender. What should I do?? Im expecting my next period around the 8th of September..should i just wait it out??...please help me! THANKS!
Wait it out.
I have had pretty much the same problem. I am on bc (ortho try cyclen lo) I missed a few pills in the beginning of my pack but didn't double. Then about two weeks after my period ended i got a brown discharge when i wiped..after seven days of it it became a little better so i had sex with my bf. It hurt so we stopped. afterward i was having light pink bleeding. I was due for my period yesterday but am still bleeding lighter than normal although it is reddish pink. I was having mild period like cramps with the brown spotting but now with the bleeding i have a pain on the left side of my pelvic region. I haven't taken a preg test yet bc i am waiting until a week after my period would normally start to get the best results. I was doing research and found that this could be a symptom of numerous things. (PID, ectopic preg, ovarian cysts, etc. ) has anyone else found out anything?
Ok so I have always been the type to not get my period regularly but never really experienced spotting of any sort but the other day about 5 days ago i would have a brownish discharge everytime i would go to the bathroom and then out of nowhere it just stopped.  What can that be?
I am trying to find any information possible on what is going on with me.  I got my period the 27th of August and it lasted for 8 days.  My husband and I have been trying to have a baby and I have been off of BC since December.  Well, on September the 13th I started to spot.  I was getting my period again so I thought except that it was a very mild one for me.  I was only using one pad a day (normally 4 or so regulary).  Now it is the 15th and I am peetering out, but find this strange, because I just had my period.  I have taken a HPT but both were negative.  Any ideas???  I could very well be pregnant, but it seemd odd that I would have a very mild period with pretty good cramps so soon after my period.  
ive actually had the same problem.  on the 16th of sept. i started the brown discharge everytime i went to the bathroom.  so i started using a pad, and every once and a while the brown stuff would get on the pad.  i saw blood like twice, and it was so light... lighter than what youd get for a paper cut.  i just finished and am not sure what to do either.  my husband and i are trying to have a baby, and i dont want this to be playing with my mind... expecting what isnt there.  ya know?
on the 26 August I have seen my last period and on the 7th September had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend with protection and today is the 25 of September but still i have not seen no sign of period and it was due on the 23 could you please tell me if i am pregnant?
Hi I am 24,I personally think this is all happening because all of us are trying to get pregnant.You have to relax and DO NOT STRESS OUT! The less you think about it you have better esults.
This might help you a bit, these are some pregnancy symptoms.

Implantation Bleeding:

Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.
Delay/Difference in Menstruation:

A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Other Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.
Swollen/Tender Breasts:

Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, impending menstruation (PMS) can also cause your breasts to be swollen or tender.
Fatigue/Tiredness:

Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception.

Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.
Nausea/Morning Sickness:

This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Food poisoning, stress, or other stomach disorders can also cause you to feel queasy.
Backaches:

Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache throughout an entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Impending menstruation, stress, other back problems, and physical or mental strains.
Headaches:

The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.
Frequent Urination:

Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom.

Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.
Darkening of Areolas:

If you are pregnant, the skin around your nipples may get darker.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or may be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.
Food Cravings:

While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Poor diet, lack of a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.
  My fiance and i have been trying to concieve (conceive), i got my period on sept 2, and was over on the 8th.  We tried on the 16th to concieve (conceive), and because of the line of work that i do, i had my doctor order a blood test on the 25th, which came back negative. Now today is the 3rd of october.  On the 1st of october i wook up out of a dead sleep and ran to the bathroom, but most of it was already running out while i was trying to get there.  When I was done going to the bathroom, i had the worst feeling in my lower abdominal area, almost like i was having a strong intense orgasm.  Throughout the day, i made atleast 30 trips to the bathroom, but only a little bit coming out at a time, it has continued on to today,  I noticed that when i go to the bathroom and wipe, that there is a little discoloration to the paper, so i decided to wear a slim tampon and there is only the light brown spotting, and a little little bit of blood as if u got a cut on your finger.  I decided not to wear the tampon and see what happens.  Can someone please give me some advice, is there a chance that i could be pregnant
My period came on as scheduled on Friday. It was normal on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday through Wednesday it's very spotty. There was not enough to fill a pantiliner in one day. I have very light cramping throughout the day and a feeling of a little pressure in my lower abdomen. Took a hpt on Wednesday and it was negative. What could it be?
i was supposed to start my period yesterday but didnt and today i have a light brownish/ light pinkish discharge but no blood, my stomach isnt cramping or anything like it normally does when i get my period, can i be pregnant?
I forget to take my birth control pills and now I have a brown discharge and when I wipe I see blood! What is wrong with me?
Being a women is such full of surprices, like every month, you just never know what is going to happen next!! Wel I too have been spotting blownish/black stuff...and i got my period early! I was suppose to get it on the 10th, and got it on the 4th. It was red blood on the 4th but then the following day i would see brownish/black when i wipe?? Did i mention that i have two uterus! yes two uterus! I found out a couple months ago, so no i know y i alway got my period twice  amonth. my husband and I really dont want to have child now, since we're newly weds, but i think i may be, and i dont know if its all mental or what?/ What do u guys think???

Minn
I started having this very light discharge 4 days before my expected period and continued the next day. some times it is very barely and some times more visable. but still very light am i pregnant????
I went to the dr. yesterday and was told I am pregnant. My my last cycle I am supposed to be 5 weeks. Last month I only had a light period for about 2 days. My breasts are really tender and My pants are tighter in the waist. I have been sticking to my diet. Is there any way I might be further along than what they thought?

I stopped taking the pill on Feb 3 as my husband and i deceided to try for a baby. My period came and during ovulation we had intercourse twice. My period was due on Friday but all i have been getting is breast tenderness and some cramps. Today is monday and still no period i noticed a couple drops of brownish pink discharge but thats it... Since it's only a short period of being off the pill is it too early to get pregnant?
my period came early and it was brown instead of red. It was also much shorter usually last 5 to 6 days only lasted 2. both days my fow was lighter decided to use pads instead of tampons and i only went through about 1 or 2 a day changing them because i didnt want to have the same one on so long not because of flow. Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex does this sound like I am pregnant Help!!!
laura
wel i'm only 14 but i came on my period 24th of march.it only lasted a dai im alwais weeks late on anywai  i did also strt the pill tht dai i did miss one 1dai so tk it the following dai alng wid my other one this week is the  week im meant to miss as prt of the routine go on for a week then miss a week.wel now im gettin dark brownylumps in mypants i dun a preg test ndit was negative.please help im rlli worried
email: GJ_101***@****
fanks-x
Ok next time you write someting down please type it properly im 19 and i can berly undrstand that, but as far as i can desifer you are on the pill are sexualy active and you are exeriencing brown spotting?

i know this may sound discusting but is the brown spotting similar to a glue type consistancy?
Hello everyone

Im 19, 20 in June, i have been on the pill since i was 15 to balance my skin then for mainly the reason its made, and for the first time i have experienced what i have read to be Brown spotting, I occasionally skip my period but no longer than 2 cyclicals and i have asked my doctor about it and he said it was fine, i have yet to see him about this problem. i was in my 2nd week of my 2nd cyclical when my discharge turned brown, I managed the problem as i have previous times, but instead of clearing up like it normally does it developed into what i could tell was a period but instead of the bright or scarlet red i normally had it was a horrid brown colouring, i take the pill and my partner wheres condoms and we always check to make sure they did'nt break so i ruled that one out.

But the part that swung me the most was that i was still taking the pill, i have since gone off it to see if it would help, and i got my normal colouring back to a degree but when i take a tampon out or i look at the pad there are mixed colours..... i have run out of ideas.

if anyone  has had something similar and actually give and explanation that would be fantastic!

I also have this problem that is driving me nuts.  I have PCOS and have a lot of weight on my frame.  I blame the hormone imbalance for the dark hair on my face and not feeling truly feminine.  Hypo-glycemia is also a big factor in menstration not doing what it is suppose to do.  Diet, exercise, R&R, and keeping your weight in check will be a huge help.  I have over 100 pounds to loose.  The last time I went to my OB GYN, he did a biopsy because of all the problems from my past.  It was normal and then gave me Prometrium to take to start my period.  That was 2 months ago and now I am back to the beginning.  I understand that other things can start abnormal bleeding, one interesting fact is that during intercourse, the "manhood" can hit bottom or the cervix that is very sensitive and can break blood vessels, not enough for Niagra falls, but like a cut that takes time clotting.  The biggest thing to know, ladies, is that your doctor will appreciate your taking time to journal what your days are like during this episode.  How much sleep did you get?  What did you eat?  Are you stressed?  Are you having an abundance of intercourse?  What color was the spotting and when?  Did you feel well?  Any unusual signs?  Your temperature?  Medications?  Etc.  You can go on from there.  Doctors can't help unless you can document the symptoms.  The good news is that Spring is here and we can get active finally.  I would love to become pregnant, but I have too many things stacked against me.  The biggest thing my doctor reassured me with, is that I am so in-tune with my body, that if something did go wrong, I would know in a heartbeat.  If your doctor is not helping you, a second and third opinion works also.  Try having your sugar tested as well as other tests that will diagnose female hormone screwups.
hi. i've been having irregular periods for 4 years after my first period. however, it finally stabilised last september but i took some pills to delay it as i was going on a holiday. since then, my cycle has been rather messed up once again.

im sexually active and my last intercourse was on the 2nd of march. however, since 20th jan, i haven had any periods. i experienced some pinkish dishcarge on the 1st march and thot my period was coming but it didnt. also, for the past 2 weeks, i've been having this brownish discharge with a bad sour smell. although it stopped today, im wondering if tt is a periods because at times, there are traces of red in it. as im worried im pregnant, i did a pregnancy test two tues before and it was negative.

im not experiencing any symptoms so far but i'm worried. can anyone help. thank you.
Hi!
Ok well i have been feeling under the weather, tired,increased appetite but eating less and get fuller quicker then i get hungry again.My breasts were sore for a couple days,had sex and bled, 2 days later started what i thought was my period but the next day had turned to just very light very little pink when i wipe using the bathroom so not sure it infact it was a period or not! when it had started it was more brown then red!! i have had frequent more headaches and my face OMG is breakin out bad!!! I'm not concerned about being prego from the most recent time of sex but from last month's. And have now noticed my urine is a diff color it has turned very dark almost brownish orange.....anyone know what might be going on? or if and when to go to the doc? i did a hpt about a week b4 period was due and got negative result!! And to add i have been EXTREMELY moody!!!
Hey my name is jessica. I am trying to have a baby, my obgyn put me on metformin-to get my hormones straight. and adipex- to help me lose weight because im over weight and i have abdominal periods . Okay i had a very light period then i took my first pills and like a day later it was like i had to go change my pad and tampon every 2 hrs. so that last like 7 days. okay april 4 went to the doc. everything is good lost 20 lbs in 1 month, and i told him i didnt feel like i ovulated, he told me to wait and see if i started my peroid before april 21 and if i didnt go to the lab and do some kind of test to see if i am ovulating. well i was surposed to start on the april. 7. okay i started spotting the 9th and i am still having a very light bleeding and it is now april 20. Is what i am having a period? or should i still go to the lab? i dont know.... PLEASE SOMEONE give my any kind of answers or something
im having the same thing but i found out i am 3 weeks pregnant, i though it was the start ov a period but i started to get servier pains and then thick brown spottin so i took a test an it came back positve!!! pains and spottin havent stopd since!
definately get it checked out if you have brown spotting more than a week sometimes less if you are hurting bad you could be misscarrying I went to the doc with the same problem, but they say if you've only missed one period and haveing clumps and brown spots not to worry about it your body will abord the baby itself any longer than that and you may need to have a DNC (dilation curratage) or something DNC for short. If you find out in time maybe the docs can give you meds to help your body keep the baby.
Sounds to me like you have a UTI. Definatly go to the doc.
Ok so until 8 months ago I have always been a 28 day regular chic. Since then Ive been anywhere between 29-45 until last month. Last month it was on day 26 but it was normal. So yesterday was my 28th day, and I started brown spotting. I slept with a tampon in and it only had one little spot on it. So today I didnt use anything, and it was only there when I wiped 2 times out of the 7. We have been ttc for almost a year now. This is wierd for me. Could I be pregnant? Last time I was it took 6 days to find out, and I lost that one. When should I take a test? Any suggestions are appreciated.
well i went to the doc and its not a uti the test was negative for that he gave me a blood test reguisition and said if af hasnt come in 2 weeks to do it in the mean time my cervix is now closed and soft and still no period but hpt are neg still so im not sure what is goin on but now my breasts have been sore still frequent urination and its just really starting to bother me more then anything cause i dont know what it is lol i have a doc appt tomorrow so hopefully i will find out then what it is!!! i have all the symptoms and feel prego but yet tests say no!!
I am three weeks late for my period, two weeks ago i was experiencing mild cramps for two days. just a few days ago I had a pink dischcharge when i wiped only. then there was two days of nothing. yesterday i began to see pink and then it became bright red blood. i have to wear a pantiliner but the bright red is very light. i have taken 3 hpts and 1 blood test, they all were negative. I've cramping for two days pretty much constantly. Is this possible the implantation process or maybe an early miscarriage. pls advise thanks
Hi.
I had an abortion almost two months ago. On the 15th got my first period, which was extremely heavy. I've never had a period that heavy. Now I'm getting brown spots on the toilet paper. I also gained like 6 pounds in a last month or two, get food cravings, but my breasts are not sore. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Could it be that during abortion they didn't get all the tissue, and I had a miscarriage during my period?
Usually after you have a baby/miscarriage/abortion.. you have a very heavy period.. It is terrible.. I had a miscarriage and had it.. Wow was it bad.. You might be naturally getting rid of the rest of the abortion? I'm not exactly sure how abortions are or anything.. But you never know.. Hope it some what helps.
Thanks for your answer. Sorry about your miscarriage. It might be possible in my case, but don't you have cramps or some kind of pain?
During your period? Maybe it depends.. I'm not sure.
Yeah, I got a light period, normally it's extremely heavy and I dunno whether to jump 4 joy or call a doctor. Never had unprotected sex, normally have a slightly irregular period...
but do other people have randomly light periods even though theyre normally heavy?
Well if it aint a bad thing to have a really light period, I hope this lasts, because it's totally easier than what I normally get. Oh, I've had light bleeding for 4 days now.
I too am trying to get pregnant, and had intercourse while I was ovulating around May 10. My period is not really late, since it came April 23 last month and today is the 27th, but am experiencing dark brown discharge and moderate cramping. The cramping feels similar to period pains, but usually I don't get those until a few hours before my period actually starts. And I've been cramping for two weeks now! IOn the one hand, I really want to be pregnant, but on the other, I wish my period would start and put an end to these abnormalities.
Appreciate any thoughts and responses. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Caribbean in NY
i had a period on may 7th am not due till june the 4th  i have been gettin cramp and had brown spotting which i have never had im a mother to two kids, im trying to get some anwsers in what this is, as its all new to me ........... i have looked this up which has brought me to this page........ could some one help please
well my periods are due tomorrow a have been getting the feeling that there coming so we will see tomorrow either way a just have to find out what the brown spotting was so a can go and see the docter afta tomorrow
My periods have pretty much been on time for the last 9 months...Until now....They give or take by a few days....never more than 3. I've gotten the same PMS symptoms and thought that my period had started as usual but I've only been getting brownish discharge when I wipe. I know that this is old blood and is common in the first day of a period....but for more than one day? I had sex with my boyfriend and usually it starts the flow heavier but this time it didn't. My question is....What could be causing this old blood to be there for so long? Does this mean that something is wrong with me now? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Jessica
well ive missed tht period i dont want to do a pregancy text just incase it tells me am not then a find out a am, so am going to wait a week or so and if ive still not got them a will go and see my doctor....am still getting cramp on and off and im getting a clear discharge......... sometimes a think its my periods but its tht, a have the cold the now wit a runny noise werid cos a dont normally get colds. feel sick now and again especially at tea time, am tired all the time and sometimes even fall asleep happens afta 3 o clock......oh a just cant wait to get to the bottom of this x
soo, i'm on the pill and usually on the four day into the sugar pills (monday) i get my period. this time it didn't come till wednesday and even then it was light spotting of both dark blood and light pinkish/red blood (but more dark then anything). and on thrusday i took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. i'm really nervous about this because i usually have a reg/heavy flow in general. and i had to start my new pack on friday...i'm not sure what's going on or what i should do
Hi ladies! it’s been a long time since i log on, but just wanted to follow-up on my visit to DR! i was told that the reason for my unusual bleeding was because my OB discovered i have a Bicornuate Uterus, meaning my uterus is divided in to 2. I know I was creeped out myself and very scared! But i did some research and realized that although it’s not so common, there are at least 1 in 10 women that have the same thing. He also discovered a siste and put me on a BC treatment! Ever since then my bleeding has been controlled, and i feel very hopeful and happy! By next year my husband and I, are planning to try for a baby. Pray for us!
♥Minn
Hello Ladies.  I am hoping someone could shed some light.  My hubby and I, like most everyone here, are trying to concieve (conceive).  I have been off the pill since January, but have not been actively trying since the end of May(may 31st to be exact).  Prior to May, my cycles were 42-43 days.  I was scheduled to start my period on 6/16 (or thereabouts), and began early on 6/3.  Although it did last 6 days, this period was much lighter than normal, and the majority of which was dark brown and black.  3 days after I finished, I started something again on 6/11.  I have worn a light pad, but most days that has not even been needed, as I notice it mainly as I wipe.  Any thoughts? I have not had any abnormal stress or had any major changes ( ie weight change, diet change, etc) to automaticly suspect hormones. Is this still my body trying to regulate itself after coming off the pill?  
i am 21 years old have just gone back on the pill after a 2 year break. i took my first pill on the first day of my period as advised by the nurse. my period was 7th june and lasted for 5 days, however since then i have had some brown spotting and today found a lot of brown blood in my underwear. also, my boobs have been feeling really tender recently and ive had a lot of odd pains in my stomach...could i be pregnant? do i need to get this checked out or can i leave it as it may just be my body responding to the pill?
I am 23, I had a baby 2 years ago, he died at 2 weeks in my arms. Besides that, my boyfriend and I (NOT the father) have been dating since my son died (he's my angel). So, we aren't trying to get prego but we aren't preventing either. Since I gave birth to my son (naturally) my periods have been screwed pretty much. The brown spotting, I have ALL the time but it is always followed by a period. I calculate my periods as they have not been the same since my son. I am due for my period on the 20th. I have been spotting for now 2 days but its thick, before it was light and obvious spotting, but this is different. My breasts are extremely sore which before I would have thought was abnormal but now its normal, my breasts kill a week to two weeks before my period is due... I am 12 days to.  Anyway I know for a fact none of you can help me as none of you have been helped, and non of you are doctor's. I have a dr appt. on the 22nd, lovely watch me start on the day I go to the Gyno... love it! Anyway feels better to get it all out huh!
Good luck to the rest of you!
hi,
im 28 and just letting you know that i have heard about a bicornuate uterus. i actully have a complete double uterus but i also have a double cervix and virgina i only found out when i had my first child by c section i conceived him in two weeks but my 2nd and 3rd child both took me over 12 months to conceive. so i guess im just letting you know that even though there is something different about you. you can still fall pregnant and have a health baby. im a bit like you i haven't heard of anyone having the same thing untill i got on this site and read your comment. so im still very confused about it all and i have known for just over 5 years. i had to learn about the problems that it can cause throughout my pregnancy's because nobody knows alot about it not even of the doctors i have seen. cause like you said its not very common. i hope this helps a little bit to know that you can fall pregnant even with what you have although it might take a little bit more time to fall then what it would if you had one uterus. good luck hope all goes well for you.
i was one day late on my period but now it started with brow pink color and now bright red but....i only see the blood when i wipe myself there is very little blood on the pad..any suggestions?
im cramping and i have lower back pains my brests are a little tender and my period is bright red only when i wipe i see it there is very little on the pad how do i know if im pregnant.i was a day late on my period and i did a home test it was negative
hello everyone,
i really need help...
i have been having brown discharge and light red also.my period was late in May, it never came....
i dont know wats going on.My period came already around the 28 of June and lasted for like 2 weeks than it stopped and on tha 15 of July i started blooding again.Before all of this started happen everything with my body was just fine i had cramps before and not i have none at ALL. So i went to tha Dr and they told me nothing was wrong but Last night when i was {being an adult} i got up this today and i seen a light red,it look like it could be blood so i put a pad on and it was nothing but light brown discharge..i took a test and it said negative than i went to tha dr and said tha same thing..can someone call me..what should i do....
ok i have missed my period for a little over 2 months then my test all came back negative, and  recently i had light bleeding of brownish and pinkish discharge its been like 4 days of this stuff could i be spotting cause im pregnant???
In May I missed my period completly. I went to the medical center to have a preg. test done and it came back negative. I went to the gyno for my regular check up on June 2. I also started my period that day. Well, it lasted for about a week and then stopped. The following Sunday I got it again but it wasn't a regular period. It was a light brown discharge that lasted all the way till July 4th. during that period of time it would stop for a day and i would get it again the very next day. Well now its August and it havent gotten it yet. I was suppose to get it today. I am having a pain in my left ovary and my boobs are sore. Any advise on what it could be?
Hi everyone, I was reading the comments as i too can relate to these symptoms.I am 20 years old and I have been on microlite for nearly three years now and its only in the past year and half maybe I have started to have this disgusting brown discharge that on occasion could last a week and then completly dissapear. Initially I started to panick as I thought that maybe there was a chance I was pregnant so I took a HPT that turned out negative. So afterwards when I recived the spotting I let it go as I believed it could be related to being on the pill. After a couple of months of brownish, blackish, red spotting followed by a very light period, I decided I shoud see my GP. He informed me that the chances I was pregnant were very low and that prolonged usage of the pill does have these affects as you only experience a "false period"... at the time it made sense to me, so he suggested instead of taking a month of the pill followed by a 7 day break I take 2 months of the pill followed by a 7 day break and repeat again. I have been doing this for 4 months now and the brownish spotting had disappeared :)

However, I just recently had my period and it was very light with this brownish spotting returning, My stomach has been very ill over the last two weeks and I am wondering if this is connected as I am aware that the pill does not work with an upset stomach. I have had the spotting well over a week now while I was completing my prescription and then when I was due my period i experienced very light flow.

Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms?
Please post if you have, it would be much appreciated! :)
Last month I spotted for about a day and a half it was a brownish yellow colorfor about 2 days after that. I started getting headaches and heartburn daily after that and was extremly nauseated by foods and smells for a week. I have been bloated now for a month and I just started bleeding again but its the same brown color. I am scheduled to be getting my period next week so this is of schedule. I took two pregnancy tests so far and both came back negative, I havent seen a doctor yet though. Should I just wait to see if my period actually starts or should I see a doctor?
I am 22 years old.  I have been with my bf or 2 years now, and before then I was taking birth control since I was 16.  I am no longer on the pill or shot.  I always have a normal period and when it's over, sometimes I spot, brownish, red with discharge, I also feel bloated and cramps.  I tend to have headaches and heartburn, and get really sleepy. it's not very likely for me to have heartburn.  It's been 10 days now, since we had sex and it was unprotected.  I made a doctor's appointment but it's for next week.  Can someone give me info of what it might be?  
please help! I'm 33 y.o I had D&C 4 months ago. Had my regular period 2 months after but now I'm 20 days late. Had brown spottting for 5 days instead of my regular period. I have been experiencing some abdominal twinges, slight tenderness of breasts(  and it looks bigger too), fatigue, frequent urination lately but had 4 negative preg tests. I usesd the early pregnancy test that I bought online. What should I do now?
maybe you're pregnant.  sometimes home pregnancy tests don't detect the hormones yet.  Go see a doctor.
Hey I am glad that I am not the only one with weird things going on with my body. So I am not supposed to start my period for 2 weeks and yesterday I started getting very light brown discharge. Today I started getting very light red spotting. I have been pretty stressed lately and started exercising a lot for 2 weeks now, and changed my diet a little. I read a lot of posts and most that had the same symptoms said its just old blood getting out of the body finally or due to a cyst that may have popped, and I have had a few ovarian cysts before but I can't remember this happening. My fiance and I haven't been too careful in using protection when having sex. I'm I pregnant or could it just be change in hormones stress and the exercising???
I am kinda freaking out here can someone please respond and let me know what you think.
I was getting confused on when my period actually started.  Did it start when I started seeing brown spotting or did it start when I saw the bright red blood?  I called my GYNO and spoke to the nurse.  She said your period starts when you see the brownish spotting.  This is considered the start of your period.  

My last period started on August 5th.  On August 31st in the afternoon, I noticed brown spotting.  This brown spotting has been very light.  As of September 4th, I am still experiencing this light brownish spotting.  My breasts are bigger and tender.  I have experienced no bright red blood or spotting.  I seem to be hungrier but I think it might have to do with the fact I am working out more.  My periods have been averaging a 30-31 day cycle.  Which means my period should've started on September 3rd.  Could I be pregnant?  Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
I still haven't had my period yet. It's been 2 months now that I'm late. Took another hpt and still negative. All my symptoms that I used to feel a month ago have disappeared except I burp all the time (more often late in the afternoon) and feels like I have reflux everytime I burp. I'm always hungry and noticed that my apetite has increased. Couldn' get a hold of my OB. Nobody would return my call. Should I wait till next month before checking again? Could the D&C I got 4 mos ago have something to do with my odd cycle?
2 weeks ago my bf and I had sex the condom broke i took the plan b pill and a week later i had a regular period, on friday when i went to the bathroom and wiped i saw red blood, this is not a regular periiod because for one its way to light its not enough blood to fill  it usally only appears when i wipe today is the fifth day i am bleeding, its really freaking me out, an did all the research and it seems like this problem is occuring from the pill, because it seems to really mess up your hormones but i wanna know if anyone has experienced this, now the bleeding has gotton heavier and im experiencing minor cramps
my comment is for anyone if ne one could help i would really b grateful...thankx
I am 26 years old and my period is usually normal and on time.  But, I have been having unprotected sex with my partner for like the past 3 weeks.  So, I am supposed to get my period like one day this week, which I did, and it supposedly came today.  And I say supposedly because I went to the bathroom, and I when i wiped, there was blood but it was light. So, I put a pad on and its been on all day almost and all i see now is a little bit of brownish color blood on the pad.  I had a little bit of a cramp earlier this morning, but I am concerned because this isn't normal.  Usually on my first day, it comes down for sure, and I know that I am on but this time it didn't do that.  Could I be pregnant?
hi my name is shaneice im 17 years old and i havent had no period i started spotting on sunday and i thought it was a period but it went away and now im just spotting then it goes it comes and goes so what do u think is going on i have 5 more days left and if i dont start then i miss my period for this month
thats whats going on with me rite now like fur real mines stared doing that on sunday and i was suppose to get my period like 2 weeks ago
i have been bleeding lightly for over a month now its a brownish color and it happens everyday not heavy enough for me to wear a pad, i had a baby 5 months ago i had my first period already and it was extremely heavy but that was only one in the whole five months i dont know what could be causing this but its really starting to worry me and im not on birth control or anything and ive took a few preg tests and they have came back neg.
im 17, and have been on the pill for over a year.
about 3 weeks ago me and my boyfriend had sex as normal, but without a condom, we had done this before as im on the pill, however i threw up in the evening after we had, had sex. which i became really hung up about, the next day i took the morning after pill as well as my normal daily pill, which was fine, and my doctor said that my body should have absorbed it, however after each meal i ate for about a week i threw up, but this wasnt due to feeling sick, my throat became all dry and id think about being sick. my period, if i can call it that came on normal time after stopping the pill, however i had been throwing up the pill as well as had taken the morning after, now my period is very light and im so scared, as usually it is slightly heavier? im really confused about what to do, and i have read many questions and answer things like this and its made me stress out more, i havent been this scared before, and i dont know what to do. My period is being abnormal, but it came on as usual and the morning after pill could have effected it?
please someone help me, i have no one to talk to about this.
I am 21 years old and have been on the pill for 3 years which my periods have been regular and what i consider normal! this month i got my period and it is so light that its barely there and for one day it was brown. this have never happened 2 me b4. i think i missed one day of my pill last month. i am going to wait a couple of days 2 c what happens but i think i will take a HPT as well.
My question is regarding plan b.  My last period ended Nov 19.  I slept with my boyfriend Nov 22.  The next day ran out and got Plan B to b safe.  A week later Nov 29th I started to spot and looked like my normal period.  Is this normal? I took a pregnancy test that day too and came out negative.  When can I expect my actual period?
From Help me, i took a pregnancy test today and it showed negative, so to the others who feel their period is strange it just may be a strange period, as obviously mine was. all i can say is dont worry about it, as my period came on as normal, and was very light and brown, if i were you i would take a pregnancy test anyway, itll make you feel more calm.
good luck :)
I am 22 years old and have three children. I just had my third child 7 months ago, but two days ago i started spotting dark brown i thought it was my period so i but on a pad and left it alone. But the whole day i just spotted a little bit. Late at night i went to the restroom and when i wipped my self i had blood so i put on another pad and left it alone. Well thats all the blood that i had i started to just spot again. The next day (yesterday) i spotted the whole day it was so little that i just put on the panty liner. I usually get my period really heavy. Well today i got in the shower and when i dried my self i felt wet well i had little blood, so i go put on a pad and then once again it stopped. Last time this happend to me i was pregnant with my third child. What can it be??? Am i pregnant??? Should i take a test or wait a little longer???
That's exactly what i'm experiencing now. I have two kids, my youngest is two, and I experienced this with her and i'm also curious if this is my case. If you find out anything before i do, enlighten me on your situation; visa versa.
i just want to say to all you females on here now i know im only 18 but maybe these light bleedings brown discharges and spotting are all due to stress because you all want a baby maybe you should just ease your mind and put it in the back of your heads and continue with your days then maybe you wont stress yourself out and afterwards if you see its still continuing then go and see your ob-gyn and tell them to see if they can find some kind of solution to this just dont stress yourself because if your are pregnant it can put u under stress causing early miscarriages or you can be stressing your self putting a strain on your body thus making it hard to concieve (conceive). but im just trying to help out dont have to follow my advice but god bless you all and take it easy i wish you all the best and for thos wanting kids i hope you have some and i know you will all become great and wonderful mommies.
Hey! I am 25, and currently not on any type of BC due to it making me crazy!!!!  I started spotting 2 weeks ago, but it was only for 2 days, and dark brownish in color.  I have never had a problem with zits, but my face has been breaking out horribly, and I still have not started.  I have taken two pregnancy tests at home and both of them are negative.... what is the deal???  I am currently two weeks late at this point.
today i woke up to notice that my under had like brown spots im suppose to get my period one more week and im not even cramping or nothing!! this happen at 8 am and its 1pm and its still brown and no red what is that?? im not dieting or nothing just yesterday i did sit ups and crunches but im worried cause last month i had sex with no condom and i always use condoms with b/f but just that one day we didnt so what do u guys think whats going on??
Hey!! Sounds like your prob is exactly the same as mine!! I came off the pill Nov 08 as was spotting between periods an getting what feels like ovary pain??!! Tests ansd scans have shown nothing seems to be wrong so now just gotta wait an see? We're TTC now buts its a nightmare with my periods bein all over the place. I was due on last friday but was having brown spotting for a week before that, going to the toilet and wiping a little red blood but that was it!! Nothing else!! Now its all stopped and my actual period has yet to arrive!! HPT was negative so I dont have a clue whats goin on!!!
i was supposed to get my period on the 18th of February. and on the 27th i wiped and saw a brownish discharge so i put in a tampon. hours later when i changed it i saw only a little more brownish blood/discharge. it is now march 2nd and i still have a tampon in and it has only a little bit of black blood on it very gooey. what the heck is going on? i am definitely not ttc. im 20 yrs old and am praying im not prego..can someone help?
My fiance and I are trying to get pregnant before he ships off for the military. My last period was a month and a half ago. I've never really been regular. Yesterday I thought I started my period but it was way abnormal as to how it usually is when I do have my period. I usually have a heavy flow for the first two days and it usually looks like blood. This time it is very dark brown and mushy, also a really really light flow. Is this my period, or could it be something else? Also, today I started to feel a slight discomfort in my lower stomache area (not cramps). Please if anyone has any sort of information that could help me please email me at ***@**** I would greatly appreciate it.
Sorry my email didn't come up. My username is nenabeans1017 and it is with hotmail.
yea im 22 i got my period right now.. but i noticed something weird, yesterday i was having stomach cramps the whole day so i knew i was gonna get my period soon, i go to the bathroom to pee i wipe and i see blood, that never happened to me b4, i didnt pay no mind, i woke up this morning and i noticed that more blood came out but it wasnt that much and when i pee just a lil trail or blood comes out, i keep checking my pad constantly to see and its still the same, none of this has happened to me before.., the first days theyre really heavy,, i just dont know whats happening. i do have backpains, cramps  and my breasts are tender, i just wanna know whats wrong
I have been off the pill for 5 or 6 months now. I was suppose to start my period on March 7th. On the 12th, when I would wipe, I would have very, very little brown color, almost as if it were not there, but just enough to see it. I feel normal, but am wondering if anyone has any ideas to what is going on with me?!
I have been TTC since Nov, which is when I went off the pill.  I didn't get my period for 2 months, and then it was much lighter than any I had had before.  Now it has been 3 months with no period.  I called the Dr. and they said not to worry about it for up to 6 months (what!).  Yesterday I thought I was getting my period because there was a descent amount of blood, but now it has tapered down to a brown spotting.  Was it just a weak period or what?  Oh and I have taken my wieght worth of HPTs.  Anyone is the same boat?
My period was on the 17th of march and the day before yesterday i started having brown and pink discharge, then yesterday i started lightly bleeding. I am still lightly bleeding this morning. My period is not due for another 2 weeks so can this be implantation bleeding? Please if you had this or are experiencing it now please help me.
i am a teenager and for the past few months i have been having brown spottings for only 2-3 days every month  is it normal?
Hey, I really need some advice. I had my period last month, and didn't stop light bleeding for 3 weeks with some brown spotting, i finally thought it stopped but a day later im on my next period, and its either really heavy or really light, but I haven't stopped bleeding for nearly 5 weeks now. anyone know why?? I normally have really bad pains as well, but I haven't had any pain, just dizzyness.

I had my period 3 days early but it only lasted 1 day and was very, very light. it was very dark brown almost black and when i went to the restroom i peed clumps of blood (as i usually do when i'm on my period). After that though, there was still no blood. Every time i'd wipe for the next couple days there would be light red marks and very little brown spotting. I could have worn the same pantyliner for 2 days because that's how light it was. I'm usually regular and I'm not sexually active. However, last month I did fool around with my boyfriend (we were both naked and near in proximity to THAT area). Could I be pregnant?!
I stopped taking birthcontrol because i was still getting two periods a month and i was on it for like 6 months so my boyfriend and i had sex and did not use a condom. Now this is the first month i have NOT gotten my second period, and i should be getting my next one july 4. It is June 30 and i just got a dark brown period, but it wasnt heavy at all. what could it be?
i had sex and forgot to take my pill, i came on my period 3days late and now i have light dark brown discharge. Im also getting sharp pains in my belly now and ago. Is this my period or could i be pregnant? should i go to see my doctor?
helpppp!!
AM 18 and am pretty much having the same signs as u all but I had this sumthing like a period for about 4weeks. I got on the shot 4 my 1st time in Feb and it last 4 3months and I  didnt got back to get on it and now I know sumthin is just not right. Could I B Pregnant. Can  some one anyone HELP me?
I need advice. I'm 22, have a copper (non-hormone) IUD and I'm using condoms with my boyfriend. For 1 week I had brownish spotting, very light, I only used a tampon once. Pretty much the same as what everyone's been describing. Spotting is common with an IUD so I just thought it was going to lead up to my period and it never did. This morning I woke up to nothing but clear normal discharge. Because of the IUD usually my periods are really really heavy  and my breasts usually grow an entire cup size.  This time nothing but brown spotting and my breasts stayed small. I did get some acne which I almost never have, so something must be going on hormonally right? I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative, I have no pregnancy symptoms and we aren't having regular sex because we are in different places for the summer. The last time we had sex I'm 85% sure I wasn't ovulating. Can this just be from stress?
If you are on the Depo shot, I used to get my shot every 3 months.  I would have a period once every 3 months, and it would last for a long time.  It also made me gain weight and moody.  I thought I was pregnant, but it turned out to just be the birthcontrol method.  I have switched to the Nuva Ring and its much better.
hi there,

in may sometime i miss 2 or 3 pills, i had my period which seemed to last longer then 7 day, then in june after taking my pills all month my period come 4 days after my last pill, which was pink and brown only last 3 days, then i took my pill for the hole of july, i have a period 5 days after my last pill but for 1 day now im on august pills have been for 4 day but on my thrid day i had spot light bleedingand that was it. is this normally as i dont think it is, can anyone give me adivce.
I HAD JUST FINISHED MY PERIOD ON JULY 28TH THEN ONEAUG 9TH I WENT TO THE RESTROOM TO NUMBER ONE AS I WIPED THERE WAS BLOOD. I WAS SOOO CONFUSED BEACAUSE I JUST FINISHED MY PERIOD.IT'S BEEN TWO DAYS NOW THERE ISNT NOT BLOOD ON MY PAD JUS WHEN I WIPE, IM KINDA FREAKED OUT, THE FACT I NEVER EXPERIANCE THIS BEFORE. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN THEM?
I have had the same problem. I have been on birth contol since april. I decided to not take birth control for 5 days at the beginning of July. Then I started to take it the second week in july. I was goin on vacation for 2 weeks in july so I decided to continue taking birth control for the rest of the month so I wouldn't have a period on vacation. I was supposed to get my period the second week in august which I did but this time it lasted two days and it was brown spotting both days. I had sex 5 times right after I decided to go back on birth contol and me and my boyfriend weren't so safe. I have thrown up 3 times this week and feel weird. I don't know if I am prego. I am going for a check up on Monday and to see what is going on. I seem to have symptoms of being prego but I am not sure if its my birth control. Has anyone had this happen?
i have da same problem ......im wondering wat can be wrong with me 2
I had light bleeding a week before my period and six days after having sex, the doctor told me that i might be pregnant. My period was late and I thought I might be pregnant. And today I think I started my period and I can't stop crying. I just think I'm never going to become a mom
I cant understand why some women have no problem getting pregnant and others like me try and try to only find out that your not. I thought in my heart that I was but I was I blamed myself thinking I did something wrong. Has anyone had the signs of pregnancy but found out you were not pregnant? Its getting to hard for me to keep thinking that I'm never going to be a mom......
I am 18 Years old and i shouldnt get my period for 4 more days but i got it today.. well kinda it started off as brown spotting yesterday evening and then around 11am this morning it became a brown/red color... i have had sex with my bf a lot without any protection and i was wandering if this has happened to anyone else.. i would like to be pregnant but we havent been trying... so do you think i could?... i will wait it out a couple more days to see what happens before i get all hyped up.. Thanks!
You can email me
the screen name is luvnmb4c and its at aol *******
I am 31yrs old, and have always had regular periods, if anything quite heavy and painful for the first few days.  My husband has had the 'snip'  about 10yrs ago, so not trying to get pregnant or anything! however this month I have been about a month late, then had for the last two weeks spotting as many of the above posts have described, almost non-exisitant periods, not needing a tampon, and on some days only seeing it when 'wiping' - not really sure if I would be wasting the dr's time, and to be honest my dr's are not as friendly as they are on TV! has anyone else had this who is about my age?? could this be the sign of early menopause? ( I have no children and noplans to!)
hey guys im 20 and have had my period for 23 days now and by period i mean light brown spotting with the occasinal bit of red through it no cramps no real symptoms of a period except it came on time  i aso have pcos but that doesnt cause me too much trouble except for extremely painful and heavy periods normally so anyway should i worry ?????? other info ues sexually active dont take contraceptive medication and never have i did have the morning after pill about three to four months ago and thats it any ifo would be great
hi, im 19.....i had sex while i was ovulating (i think i was). cause i always have a sharp pain in one of my side and this time i didnt felt it..but i had cervical mucus cause it was clear stretchy. and it was august 27-30 i had the mucus...like about 3 to 5 days later i got mucus but it was little bit and it was only once i got it that day...now i expected to have my period 10 or 11 but i started to have brownish mucus spotting for 2 days now and its only in the morning with light cramping which when i have cramping its mild and uncomfortable  my back and my legs hurt but it only my pelvic region. could i be pregnant or my period are changing??
Hi; I'm 18 and me & my fiance are trying to conceive..Yes I know I'm young. Anyways We had sex throughout all of July & August, I got my period regular on August 11, this month I got my "period" again but way too early..on Sept. 3rd I'm never off track I'm always regular. I took a pregnancy test in hopes 3 days before this which came out negative.. :( Another thing is I bled heavily for one day, and the next it stopped, then after that it was off and on & now I have brown spotting when I wipe.. I've been having backaches, migraines, weakness, & loss of appetite.. Am I just sick or pregnant?
Hi All, Have been reading some of the comments on this forum so I'm hoping some can give me some advise!

I had a miscarriage about 4 months ago, since then its only been a about a month since me and my husband are trying to concieve (conceive) again.

My periods starting coming arounf the 6th-9th of each month, this month I have not come on my period yet. However I have had light brown discharge, and today I have bleed a bit but its not normal period, its very light in colour.

I took a pregnancy test about 2 days ago but it came back negative. I called my Dr this morning and he told me to wait about a week.

Has anyone had similar symptoms?
Im really scared.. im 17 years old and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and im not on the pill he just pulled out on August 22 and my period was due Sept 14 but I got it Sept 4 but it was'nt like normall it was brownish reddish nd it only lasted 3 days usually its 5-6 days long and on Sept 13 i spotted brown once. Could that have been implantation bleeding or is it just an unusual period. I have been having other symptoms to like my Boobs are sore im so tired i have been craving random things nd dont like some foods that i used to love also my stomach nd hips and boobs have grown alot im scared to take a test because i dont want my mom to find out if im not pregnant I could really use some help ASAP.!!!!
Started having spotty/light period two days after having sex and two weeks after my period end..help
hi i got my period 2 days ago,its usually very heavy throughout,i had unprotected sex with my partner a week and a half ago and my period is now brown in colour and is extremely light..have awfull cramps now and again and keep using the toilet..
has never happened to me before...
please any advice you could give id be grateful!
Hi everyone i just got my period on thursday 17 of sept. and have been only brown blood and very,very light blood no cramps or anything but i am still worried i dont know whats going on dis is the second period i had with brown blood for period went a few days longer then normal i dont understand whats going on with my body and im very worried about this
Hi Im 25, been married 4 years and husband and I were trying to have a baby. Im off the pill for 3 months now and this month we have quiet a bit of unprotected intercourse b4 and during my ovulation period. My period is not due until the 28th and on the 25th i started seeing a brownish stuff so i thought im going to have my period and yesterday there is very lightly one with a bit of blood on it, but now it is completely gone so i was really confused. I fell a little cramps and upset stomach and i feel a little chesty as well please help. My email is ***@****
Hey my name is Meg, im 19 On the 9th and 10th of October i had sexual intercourse, it is now the 25th and i expect my period inbetween the 21st and the 24th of every month. Last month it came normally on the 21st and was a normal period. But this month it didnt come, then on the 23rd there was this very very light brown stuff when i went to the toilet, but none in my underwear. Then it stopped so i took my pad out...there was nothing on the actual pad. Then yesterday it started again very very light not even a point in wearing a pad really its that light and usually a day before i have extremley bad cramps but this time ive had nothing!!. This has never happened to me before. During the week i had a very bad sleeping pattern i wuld wake up at all hours of the morning feeling extremley nauseas,  but no throwing up or anything. During the days i was so tired i was falling asleep. This weekend it has improved alot im not geeling nauseas or anything. What could this be pregnancy orrrr what?? Someone please help!!
thanx
I am 28years old, mother of two and I have been spotting on and off since October 10.  I have not been cramping or showing any signs of being pregnant. My period is pretty regular (every 28-30 days). The 10th was the day my period was suppose to come on.  I've taken three home pregnancy test and they all have been negative. I don't know what's going on since I've never had this happen before.  I do have unprotected sex with my fiance and really not sure.  I have been losing weight (only 5lbs in the last month) don't know if that is the issue.  please help.
I'm  29, 122lb. have been off bc 2 1/2 years. I have lots of unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 7yrs. my periods are always reliable and last exactly 7 days. always with one period free day in the middle of menstruation. I have been under the assumption that he or I must be sterile because of how uncareful we are. Anyway, in place of my period I had extremely light dark-brownish gunk for 2 days, no cramping of the sort. I am a week late for what would be my next period. I had severe cramping and nausea for 2 days and then NOTHING. Breasts are not quite swollen but my nipples hurt. Something's not right. Am I going through menopause? Am I preg? What the heck is goin on here?! I'm getting ornary and I think my rear end is getting LARGER no matter how much cardio I do.. but thats probably because of eating all that candy and pecan pie.
Well.. Can't say I'm the only one out there feeling like complete **** right now. I hate using protection. I mean.. Who doesn't? ...Unless you're on the pill. --- But that's also another bad thing --- I don't take the pill or anything. I'm pretty much unprotected all the time and for a good reason. I've been trying to have a baby with my fiance for a good long while now. My period hits me hard every month around the 4th or 5th. Unfortunately, I haven't gone to the doctor. Kinda scared of them.. But I suppose I'll wait this out as well since it's only been two weeks with this disgusting pantie-destroying brown spotting mess! Lol. I've also been having cramps just like everyone else, as well as HUGE .. I mean.. HUUUUGE mood swings. Light headaches follow, as well as nausea. Thankfully I haven't had to run to the bathroom in the morning! I simply get the feeling that I'm feeling upset to my tummy. I've been craving apples mmm! And my breasts are fine. I'll update back at the end of this month! :) Stay sexy ladies!
Oh goodness :( I need to watch what I type sometimes! Dang!!! Lol.
Still having the brown dishcharge? Any updates? Your situation sounds alot like mine and wondering if I'm pregnant too.
Please keep us updated!
Hi everyone. I was panicking and looked up my symptoms on google and here i am. I've read all the help you give each other and i'd really appreciate it if i could have some help..!? Im 16 and have been having unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend. my periods are usually always on time, however i finished my last period a week and a half ago...but went to the toilet to discover i was bleeding again. It's like most of you have said, browny at time (almost black) with slight bleeding. This is unusual as it's the first time ive ever been early/late on a period. Plus theres no stomach cramps..i think i may be pregnant but id really like some advice on your personal experiences relating to mine, and what the result was..preg or not? Thankyou xxx
I have a problem!!!!!!! I dont not have a normal period so am not able to keep track of my period. But last month what I thought was a period was dark drown spotting and I never expericen that. I read everyone comments, but I just dont think I'm pergo or I just dont want to believe that possible because I dont think Im ready to have a baby. What so I do? I still waiting for my period this month Can some please help me !!!!!!!!!!
First of all, calm down, brown spotting could mean a lot of things.
If you didnt have unprotected sex after your last period, there is no reason to consider that you are pregnant. Brown spotting, which is old blood, is very common in women.
Now if you had unprotected sex, you might wanna start looking for other signs, such as a late period, breast soreness, etc. However, all these symptoms can also mean that your period is coming, so the best bet is to wait for your period. If your period is a week late, I suggest you get one of those home pregnancy test, and test it out, just to know for sure what's going on, if it comes out negative, wait a few more days and try it again so you don't have doubts. If it comes out positive, go to a Planned Parenthood where you can get tested again, and discuss the options that you have. They will help you out.

But, if like I said, you did not have unprotected sex, you will be fine. I was 4 days late, I barely had cramps (very unusual) and  on the fourth day I had a brown discharge. I seriously thought I was pregnant, on the fifth day I got my period.

I hope this helps.  
um im 22   i'm married.and i just had my period i think .. since tuesday tyll friday but it was really  really light almost not blood or just brown but it stoped today is that bad?? i have cramps too.. can someone tell me pleaseee?? =) i was supposed to get my period on the 22nd or somenthing.
I am 42 and my husband and I have only recently decided we may want to have children.  So I came off the pill about a year ago.  Since March this year I've noticed some intermittent mid-cycle bleeding.  Sometimes it's just like another period and other times it's more like brown spotting (often with clots). A recent scan picked up a small cystic endometrial lesion of an undetermined significance and I was told that an early gestation (pregnancy) could not be ruled out, however none of the pregnancy tests I have taken have shown up positive (I've taken 3).  My period was due about 5 days ago.  2 days ago I started spotting brown with small amount of clotting.  Today it developed into what could be described an extremely light period, but still brown in colour with some clotting.  ie., not my usual.  I do not believe I am pregnant as I have absolutely no other pregnancy-like symptoms AND the pregnancy tests (which are usually pretty accurate) have been negative, although I did think at one point it could be a missed miscarriage, but since it hasn't developed into a major bleed with cramps I'm ruling that out also.  Now here's what hasn't been mentioned in any of the other posts - PERIMENOPAUSE!  I don't know how old the others are that are experiencing these symptoms, but due to my age I firmly believe that perimenopause is exactly what is causing my inconsistent mid-cycle spotting and now an almost missed period.  According to other medical articles perimenopause can strike anywhere between the age of 35 and 50.  I am currently on the waiting list (16 weeks) to see an OBYGYN about the apparent cystic lesion, however in the meantime, I'm convinced what I'm seeing is simply down to my fluctuating hormones. There may be a chance that it's the same for others here, too, but either way you need to get it checked out by a doctor, otherwise it will drive you insane going through all the possibilities in your head (it has me)!  Good luck to all in finding out what is causing your symptoms!
I had sex on the 21 of november by the 26th i was planning on taking a pregnancy test on the 29th witch is tomorrow but on the 26th I got my period it was heavy, but then the next day it completely stopped for an hour and now I'm spotting red brown and pink. I don't know what to do I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I'm not having any symptoms besides hunger, sore breast, and head aches. I'm only 14 and I really want to know if I'm pregnant or not. I cant go to a doctor because I don't want anybody to know unless I know for sure that i am for a fact pregnant.

HELP
I need some serious advice... I had unprotected sex with this guy three times. Two on the 8th and I believe the 10 or 11th of October (1 day right before my period and 1 day after).  The last time (which was the 3rd time) we had sex was about a week to 2 weeks before my period was SUPPOSE to start.  I was 2 weeks and about 3 or 4 days late for my period. On November 26th I got some weird spotting light period kind of thing.  It lasted about 2 days... It got lighter (more like spotting) than stopped... Now I got a lil' spotting today (November 29)... Can I be pregnant or can it be stress related or is it just in my head? Can someone email me advice.. ***@**** please, so I can stop feeling crazy?
Im 18 years old...recently had a baby in june, i just finished my period about 2 in ahalf weeks ago, and two days ago i started spotting brown blood and having bad cramps. its too early to have my period again. im on birthcontrol but still have been having unprotected sex with my partner. can anyone help me figure out y im spotting brown blood n having bad cramps.
My period ended on November 27th which was a Friday.  My boyfriend and I had sex on Saturday the 28th and my birth control pills weren't on the active week yet.  We didn't use a condom.  I spotted a little bit and now it's getting to be heavier and it started out brown now it's turing a little bit redish.  I'm also cramping.  What could this be?  Because it's too early for me to test for being pregnant by like two weeks.
im having something somewhat similar happen to me. im 14 and i was expecting my period a few years from now. yesterday i woke up and saw some blood. the only thing i could think was that it was my period? all the rest of that day i would look at my pad and all i saw was like a dark brown color. then that night there was a little bit of red. but whenever i went to the bathroom id wipe and see some red then so far all today its been like a light brown. Am i really having my period or was i wrong?? please help!!!
Hi i had sex in october rite after my period was over than in novemeber i had my period but for a day it was on and off then started its normal flow i should have started my period in the middle of this week but i havent.. should i be worried that im pregnant
ok so i just had sexual intercourse yesterday and i just got my period today i usually have cramps but today i didnt get anything.! i just had it and usually it comes out red and today it came out brown and its still brown i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. am i pregnant?
Could you please update as there are other women who have been/are in you shoes and last we knew you were going to the docs but nothing from there. I know you probably no longer need help for this topic but your experience would be truly helpful for others and I am sure that they would agree also.
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!
Well,
my last period was september 27th-october 3rd, it has been three months now and i have not had any signs of period or pregnancy.
i dont know what is wrong. threw out these three months i have taken about 15 pregnancy test and they all are negetive. i also had a blood test recently and that is negative.
i dont know what is going on i have always had a regular period.
PLEASE ANBODY WITH ANY INFO.
hey im having the same problems..my last period was oct 11 i have had no signs of a period since but i have continuous signs of pregnancy lower back ache,i gained weight most of my clothes are tighter,i sleep all day,weird cravings,frequent urination,breast are extremely heavy i miscarried last year sept 30 my periods have been normal ever since but now in almost 3 months late and 4 negative hpt today i startted to see light pinkish brownish blood wit no blood clots along wit slight cramping i only see it when i wipe n im wearing a panty liner
kay.. I'm 14 (young I know..) and had unprotected sex.he isn't *** inside me but there is such thing as  pre-***. this happened about 3-4 days ago and now I'm bleeding out brownish blood. I haven't had my period since august(and that was my first periodever) but this was my first time having sex. I'm getting really scared !! please help me please! am I pregnant ?! like if I am how do I tell ?! and can I get an abortion of some kind without parental consent? ........ :( I feel like a fool.
Hey there i was ment to get my period on the mon/tues and instead of my normal flow red blood i have brown blood mucousyyy when i wipe and on my panty liner im am really worried as i have never ever had a irregular period like this one and im on the pill any one with advice i will be going to see a doctor but just for piece of mind thankkssss
Okay, So i was a week late on my period, & I finaly started sorta but i only had one spot of blood, But it was mixed with Regular blood and Brown blood, & i had sex with my boyfriend a couple times before i was suppose to start.. So can anyone help?
Well i had a normal period on Dec.8 then a week later i had brown spotting and on Christmas my period came back. But my tubes are tied could i still be pregnant?
I am irregular for the last year since I went off birth control.  My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I was ovulating mid Nov,  I was supposed to start my period Dec. 15th and still haven't.  I've been spotting brown red for the last week.  Should I take a pregnancy test? I took one about 3 weeks ago.
I have had 2 kids... and with both them i could take preg. test and they would come back negative. i was 6 months with my 1st and no one could tell but when i took preg test still they wouldnt show up postitive. and with my second i took preg test when i was 2 1/2 months and they were still comin back neg. I had to go to the doc and get blood work and ultrasounds before anyone could get a postive test.. so those test may be a waste of money for some
I've read through most of the comments on here and it has taken me the best part of  1 1/2 hours! I know most of the people posting on here have far greater problems, but I was just wondering if this is normal: (?)
I've been having my period as usual, (I don't count the days (I know I should), but they're roughly around the same time and I usually have recognisable symptoms) but recently they have started really heavily, and then gotten really light and stop for one day, and then they come back on. So on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being really heavy this is how it goes...

Day 1: 9
Day 2: 5-6
Day 3: 0-1
Day 4: 3-4
Day 5: I haven't reached this day yet, it's tomorrow, but a couple of months ago something similar happened, where it reached Day 3 stopped for 2 days (and I stopped using tampons or pantiliners) and then it caught me out by coming back and ruining my underwear! Grr... it then   got gradually lighter and carried on for about another 5 days.
I didn't think anything of it, but now it's happened twice I'm a little worried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

p.s. If it helps to know background information: 15 years old, still a virgin (and so I should be!), been on my period for about 1 year.
I had sex and the condom split and he told me he cummed inside me, i planned to go and get the morning after pill but forgot.. its been a week and im worrying but today i got like bits of brown blood in my knickers but it wasent like my period it was gunky and brown there was quite alot but not as much as period and my period is not due till the 17thish of this month.. HELP.. pregnant or just being paro x
im having same issue. i had my period a week ago it was a day late but lighter than usual but thought it was my period and now i have this brownish/pink discharge and it confuses me cause i never had it before but i had sexual intercourse before and after so im pretty sure it isnt an abrassion of any sort but it itches on the inside of my vagina and i believe that is because of the discharge. i strongly believe i am pregers please give me some light
hey all just curious my body has been in the same pattern for months 1 month n 2 days from the last period i had thm a week before xmas n now i have browny coloured spotting any help would be greatly apreciated. i am not on the pill trying to concieve (conceive) but do not want to get my hopes up if im not? stoped the pill may 2009
every month i get my period 1 to 2 weeks early or sometimes a few days late my periods late for four days and it stops then two  days after i get this brownish spoting i had my tubes tied in 2004 after i have a set of twins my tubes were clamped i was wondering if i was pregnacy or what is going on with my body i am 32 years old
i always get my period right before me and my bf make another month but this time i missed it... and it was 3 days late i just got it this morning but it started out brownish and it comes and goes.... all day and when i wipe i see light blood but after its gone and i dont see the brown stuff for a while until later on in the day. i feel like im pregnant.... the past month i've been getting cramps and feeling sick to my stomach... and the pain in my stomach feels so much different then a regular period cramp.... can anyone tell me what wrong with me? i would really like to know
Ok where do I start. I had my period on Dec 20th and it ended the 26th. Me and my husband had sex on the 27th. Well I was expecting my period on the 20th of Jan. Well I started spotting brown stuff on the 14th of Jan and I am still spotting. Makes 9 days. Well I went to the ER and they done a PG test and ti was NEG. Well the other symtoms (symptoms) that I am having is i sleep all the time, I have been eatting alot, and not I am constapaited. Is there a chance that I might have took the test to early? May I still be Preg?????
I'm in need of some advice. I'm 44 yrs old haven't had a period in 3 years bc I had breast cancer & my body started changing. All of a sudden this pst weekend I STARTED SPOTTING. My Gyn left the treatment up to my oncologist & she prescribed Tamoxifin (tamoxifen). I'm just concerned & want to know if I should call my gyn ?& report it.
I have already gotten my period this month, it was normal. Now i am experiencing this brown spotting...i know i should wait a bit longer, because i believe it hasnt exactly been a week of this yet.. But i am not expecting another period for about 3 (at Least ' 2and a half ') more weeks, Any help?
hey guys,, i read lot of articles or even forums regarding this brown spotting.. well i wanted to share my experience.. me and my bf had sex on friday and now its saturday.. i am very happy that i have my menstruation already!.. cause i am not definitely ready to be a mother.. when we had sex.. he loose his control and there has a little amount of semen left in my cervix.. a drop i think... that's what he said.. so when i knew that,, i was very stressed and worried.. :(
signs and symptoms that i had experienced:

1. mild cramping on my right lower abdomen..

2. brown spotting and red spotting yesterday friday.. (i knew it when we had sex yesterday, there has a sticky mucus attached to his penis, and when i looked at it.. there's blood,,,, i thought it was the implantation bleeding! but heck no..) iwas very worried..

3. until now im experiencing mild cramping(i think this is appendicitis, but im not sure)

4. breast tenderness..

5. i did not experienced nausea.vomiting...

6. nose bleeding..

7.. no frequent urination...

8. back pain until now/...

9. elevated temperature..

10. i am irregular so i dont know what is my exact date to menstruate..

if you are trying to have unprotected sex, you should think first!.. i had sex 7th day after i felt the mittelschermz.. so ithink i am infertile back then..

in our relationship,,  withdrawal and condom are the things that we use as our contraception.. don't be worry,, just patiently wait for your menstruation,, and if your preggy accept the baby,, your partner will be there to support you,,
but honestly,, having a baby is very hard.. :(
so now we will gonna be more careful..
ive gotten an IUD put in about two years ago. is  a 5 yr one.  i just got a boyfriend a few months ago and now have sex on a regular basis and still use condoms.  the past two periods ive had are just brown discharge and clotty stuff.  I normally have very heavy periods that last 7 days so this is very strange to  me. the first time it happened i let it go and thought id wait for my 2nd period. Now im on my 2nd and same  thing ..much lighter than usual and just brown discharge for days.  What could this be?
hey i am very worried me and my boyfriend have been having unproteced sex he pulls out though but a few times this month weve been abit drunk and he came inside but only a little i am nearly 17 and have just got the pill but not took it yet because the doctor said i was to wait til i had my period i was due on today ( wednesday 3rd ) but i am still not on
i have had back pains, sore breasts, my nose bleed once. could i be pregnant? last month my period was weird it was suppose to come on the tuesday but it did and then it stopped then it came back on wednesday night then lasted 2 days what does that mean? could i be pregnant this time? i am very confused please help thanks
i have been off the pill for just over a month ow trying to conceive. my period is due this week. and two days ago had brownish discharge and when i wiped the tinyest bits of blood in my discharge.but it had stopped that night. surely that couldnt be my period had none of my normal period cramps etc. but i dont think i could be pregnant yet, i have no symptoms of pregnacy. i dont want to get my hopes up it could be a pregnacy cause i miscarried last year. any ideas what it could be??
hi my period usually never start on or around same dae but however i always bleed 5 to 7 days and always have spotto first 2 days heavy bleedin the next three and spot the day im gettin off last month i bled three days very light and this month i have been sottin on and off for a week and its a brownish color can anyone help?????/
Im 33 years old my husband and I have had a hard time trying to get prenant Im not suposed to start my period untill the 15th and yesterday I stared to spot a little for about 3 hrs then nothing the rest of the day, then this monring a little spot and its dark brown not blood. Could i be pregnant? Ive also had a problem with cyst's could it be another cyst? I dont know can someone help??
hi im 18 ive been with my bf for 4 years and recently ive been having brown spotting. Its visible when i whip but not really on my underwear.This has been happening since the end of my period 2 weeks ago after we have sex. If we dont have sex it lightens and goes away within a day or two. Could i just be sore from the recent amount of sex? I've been on birth control for the past year.
i have been tryingto get pregnant for like a year now with no luck...my periods usually last 4 days..well january i came on for one day and it was gone after that ..no spotting or nothing..well this month i have not came on yet, and im getting these cramps for the last weeek or do and no perion and i usaually come on the 1st of the month..but nothing yet..my fiance says he been sick all day at work throwing up but not me i might feel like i have to vomit every now and again....i need some help
So my period is about a week in a half late now, at the beginning of the week I spotted a tiny bit of blood, so I figured I was going to start my period.  It never came, although 5 days later now I am spotting a very light brown color (mostly a little bit when I wipe). I took a home test and it  came back negative, but I think that it might be wrong because this is not normal for me not to have a period it usual comes pretty regularly every 28 days.  I have already had a miscarriage and when I did the same thing was happening except the home test came out positive that time.  I am thinking the test is wrong but hopefully I won't have another miscarriage.  Please update after you find out if you are pregnant or not people.
my last period was feb.5th and i had sex on feb.14 i took plan b pill on the 15th...the condom tore on the side although he said he did not come in me or came yet  when i got up some white substance exited my body.so the next morning i took the plan b single pill.on the 21st until the 27th i had some slight bleeding and discharge on the 28th I took a first response pregnancy test and it read a negative i wasn't spotting or anything than i urinated again the night i took the pregnancy test and it was dicharge and a very light pink color that i didn't have early in the day when i took the pregnancy test my period isn't due until the 4th of march and I'm a bit worried.i will take the 2nd first response test on tues since my period isn't due until thursday.
(side note)i am only experiencing breast tenderness which goes away and come back but I'm usually like that when my period comes and I have been working out and eating less.

is this a normal reaction my body is having to having take plan b or a birth control pill for the 1st time?should i be worried that I may be pregnant?can this be stress effecting my body?was i even ovulating the day i had sex?or maybe because i did not ovulate my body is having a strange reaction to the plan b
can you please update im n17 yrs old and going through the EXACT same thing youve described and kinda freaking out alot, this is my 3rd week of bleeding but also this month i also started taking the pill so could that have something to do with it also ??? any help will do cant really go to the doctors easy so any advice will be appreciated
I had my period feb 2-4 den its back onfeb 12-15   To be exAct for my 28days normal cycle march 2 is the exact date for my period now i have it its march 3 but its so light.... Only dis day... I dnt knw wats hapening to me..
hello my name is chelsea. My fiance and i are trying to have a child. So far i have had all the symptoms of pregnancy minus the morning sickness. Its down to my period. It was supposed to be on the 10th of march and it is 4 days early its light and blood only shows on a tampon. I have been at work and experiencing some cramping i thought i was having a misscarriage with the bad cramping but im not so sure. i also thought i was just not pregnant at all and it was my period but i have a heavy rag and its nothing like my usual periods. Could i be pregnant like i hope? please help!
ok so my flow increased and now im having ungodly pains! i have never had pains this bad since 2 years ago, my first misscarriage, freshman year in highschool. Ugh! could it be another misscarriage? im not experiencing the clots of blood. but i am noticing some nausea which is not a normal thing i get during my periods.. Can someone please help :(?
I am 2 days late and a day before my expected period I had brownish to regular petiod but extremely light and now it went away and I still don't have it. And my stomach doesn't feel good. What's going on?? Is this normal?
hi
i'm 21 i've been having periods since i was 16 they've always been iregualar.
they tend to be between 4 and 12 weeks.
my last one was 14 weeks fromthe one before.
when it got to 12 weeks and i still hadn't come on i was worried so i did a preggo test it came out neagtive i waited another week still nothing so i did another and still neagtive finally the week after i had what i think was a period
i was really light and brown, i'm not sure if you can class that as a period though. that was on the 7th feb. it lasted 5 days like all my periods usally do.

it's now the 10th march and it's happening again i'm getting the brown blood rather then the red.
it's also really light again.
i've also been getting more cramping over the last few months then i usally would.
is there something wrong with me and should i go to the doctors about it?
I have irregular cycles...just like you are describing and when i went to the Dr. they told me that it was just my body changing and my hormones.. she said it was normal for your body to do that..she says that she sees that happen in many women..
Hi Ladys me and dh have been ttc for 8 months then i got my BFP, now i am worried about a few things ill explain.
1*  I had my period on the 5th March ( 3Days then stoped then 1 day)
2* Went to doctors about feeling under the weather in general more that usual.
3* Doc did a check and was pressing on my tummy left side when i jumped with pain.
4* Went home still feeling like crap dont ask why but i said to dh ill take a test and well BINGO BFP!!!! No messing Clear blue (1-2weeks)
5* Clock work i got implantation bleeding the next few days
So whats the problem you say, well i have been getting some pains on both side of the tummy also me and my dh ttc on the 26th feb only once but i get a normal period on the 5th march so worried it might be ectopic or miscarriag and thats why clear blue said i was 1-2 weeks pregnant. Hope this makes sense xx
so i'm supposed to get my period in 11 days but this morning i started spotting brown stuff and there was a tiny bit of blood but now it has died down and is very light.  my boyfriend and i have protected sex but could this mean i'm pregnant?
i am confused as you all are.. i seem to be having a similar problem..my husband and i are trying to have a baby.. i was due for my period on march 15th on the 14th it started as just a brown discharge and on the 15th it became a really light colored pink.it seems to get heavy at night and almost gone during the day..i have been on a regualar 28 day schedule forever and always lasts  5days with very heavy bleeding for the first 3days..i have taken a pregnancy test and its negative..but for my other 2 children i had my period for the first 4 months..for my daughter the doc kept telling me i wasnt pregnant and finally did blood work and a sono and told me i was 18wks and having a girl..so the store pregnancy tests dont work with all women.. i hope that helps some of you and anyone that has any clues whats going on with me please let me know..you can also email me at ***@**** alot
can anyone who has posted previously on this site tell us what ended up happening? were you pregnant, not pregnant, or have any type of infections? curious to see what your results were, anything could help.
I am 17 and not ready to be a parent; so needless to say any change I see in my period freaks me out. Now I must say I don't take every precautions it means for safe sex. I am on birth control and I have been for four months now. I have only missed one pill the whole time and made it up in under 12 hours; now I know that doesn't help but now I am having light spotting on the days I am supposed to have my period. I have read that if you use back up contraceptives after missing a pill for 7 days after the missed pill that you should be okay. So on that note I had not had sex for about a week and a half after my missed pill. Also I did not miss any after that point. My boyfriend had also not ejaculated inside. This light spotting has been happening ever since I started the pill but usually a week before my period and then I had basically a normal period. Except last month my period was heavy the first day but then very light, almost none existent, the second; then nothing for the other two days it usually takes my period.  I was supposed to start my period Monday March 15 and that is when I noticed the spotting....  I am just very nervous, on the possibility that I may be pregnant, the fact that to find out I have to get a test and then set up an appointment with a doctor to double check.  I have thought this over since Monday and to me the probability that I am pregnant seems very slim. Considering I know some one that just depends on the pull out system and she has not gotten pregnant. I know every one is different when it comes to fertility; so am I just feeding off false hope?

Last note; I am basically just looking for advice and consoling. I know that if I don't have a normal period by next month I am going to get checked out by my doctor.
you say that you had noticed spotting about a week before you start you're period ever since you started the pill, so this could just be the same thing.  i'm not on the pill but i thought birth control made your periods a little abnormal and not always the same as far as how heavy and when you get them.  so in my opinion you shouldn't start worrying yet and try taking a first response pregnancy test in a couple of days.
my boyfriend and i just use condoms and i haven't missed my period yet but i started spotting 11 days before i'm supposed to start my period and i'm on day 3 of continuous spotting.  i really wish i could figure out if this could mean i'm pregnant or not :/
hi
i started about the 10th.
it's been light and brown all the way through
last time i had this it lasted the same time my period would usally.5 days
it'a now the 18th and i'm still on
it's still light and brown,
what's wrong with me
Hi I'm 25 and ttc since august
I have irregular periods my longest being 64 day cycle
today is day 45 of my 4th cycle since august and I have brown spotting, only a few spots in my panty liner, not enough for a pad although will be wearing one this evening just in case
when I wipe I have really light brown pinkinsh on the paper also - normally I start off heavy blood, sore boobs and bad cramps but have none of this.
because my cycles are all over the place a can't see when I ovulate so been bedding 3 times a week
I'll ride it out and see what happens
good luck to you all

I'll let you all no if I turn out preggers but I
Doubt it, I don't have such luck :( 
Well today it's turned more dark red only still only shows when I wipe, my pad over night was completley dry.  Still have zero period symptoms I normally get like huge cramps and sore breasts
Day 3, light pink bleed only when wipe sorry TMI
dry pad through day and night
no period pains, nothing
what's going in
too scared to take test invade neg
I missed my period last month and i have now started bleeding but its only light. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant. Can someone help please.
Me and my boyfriend have been having intercourse for about 2 weeks now, but we've always been safe and used a condom, and I checked them all to see if they were split or not. Non of them were. However I've started my period a week earlier then I did last month, however, my periods swap round and change every few months. This isn't like any of my normal periods which start off really heavy and get gradually lighter through-out the 5-6 day period. I have really bad stomach cramps constantly, and I've got a really swollen tummy, and quite painful breasts, which I know is all signs of coming on your period. However this period only started a few hours ago, and just consists of some light brown spotting on my pad, and it's worried me alot becuase I'm not ready to be a parent as I'm only just about to turn 17. Should I just wait this week and see if it get's heavier, and if it doesn't should I do a test? Coz' this is scaring my alot... Please help?
hey holzlolz i am going though pretty much the same thing i think you should wait and see if your period gets heavier and if it doesnt then you should go and take a test and then if that doesnt work then go and see your doctor. Hope everything goes well. x
Hi... I don't how to explain this but I'm experiencing very light discharge, I don't if this is my period because I'm 2 weeks delayed.. but i test  already two time and it is negative... the blood is light brown and only like spotting or clots... it's my 2 days now experiencing that one... also experiencing headache, back pain and nausea, what does this means??? Pleasa explain to me.. please response asap...
Hi i am 15 and recently have been under loads of stress as I have an anxiety disorder. I sometimes get occational spotting between periods so I decided to take a chlamydia test as I havn't had sex yet but have given oral and I heard you could get it from that. It was negative.
Plus the occasional spotting my mum said was normal.
Anyway I had my period just under two weeks ago and yesterday i noticed that I have a brown/blackish rubbery discharge (sorry it sounds gross!!) So i presumned from the stress I could be starting early? It did concern me a little since I had only just finish my period a week and a half ago. SO i decidede to serach online and found that it could be something sinister like cerval cancer. D: and obviously my anxiety hasnt helped me deal with that information well and im worried sick about what this is. I've had 2 of the cervical cancer injections at school but I missed one of them as I was off so have to have my third at the docs in 4 weeks time. Please is this normal?
I think i've had it a couple times before but usualy just before my actual period. I no I can't be preganant. And I no its silly but I'm too embarrassed to go to my doc. :( Help?
Im 15 ! Never had unprotectecsex but yes, have had sex. Last time i had sex was somewhere in march... Condom was used. I was supposed to get my period soon after, but soon got light brown stuff for i think 2 and a half days. It is now april, not time for my period yet & am seeing that same light brown stuff, clotting & pain. I have lost weight. I have been a little stressed, but it is just not normal to see light brown discharge for more than 1 week. My period has always been regular. Why this now ? I understand your period may change during weather changes but this is abnormal. Please help me, the rest of you people just seem to be pregnant, i  find it hard to believe that i am. PLEASE HELP ME,
so the spotting and brown discharge is still there, its been nearly a week now. I know people can bleed in between periods due to stress and anxiety which considering i have an anxiety disorder is pretty much all the time but is it usualy to last this long?
ive think ive had it occasionally but only for like a day or so....so ive never really been worried, and it doesn't happen everytime but this time it seems worse than ever. please reply to this. im really starting to stress and it isnt helping my anxiety disorder at all :(
ive been to the docs so much recently, i dnt wanna feel that im wasting more of their time plus im kinda embarrassed about going to... :( PLEASE REPY!
hi am 19 years old so i was supostue get my period on the 13th of apri..am a very regular person when it comes to my periodl\ but didnt get so i took two pregnancy test both came negative then today i started bleeding..is this my period or what can it be? plz help
hi i had the same thing but mine have always been irregular,
i was brown spotting for a week and a half before i came on propley, and i didn't turn out preggo i did a test to make sure, even though i always use protection.
by the sounds of things it might be stress thats causeing it
if i were i'd wait it out for when your next one is due, if it happens again go see a doctor.
i really hope this helps
Viewing 1-200 comments: