Brown spotting and light bleeding not sure if it is my period or am I pregnant
I was scheduled to get my period on July 22 or 23.  on those 23rd I assumed I was getting my period because I start out with a brown discharge.  But the that discharge is still here.  When I wipe after going to bathroom sometimes the discharge is light on toilet tissue and sometimes I will get very light blood.  I still have this discharge and I know if it was to be my period it should be over by now.  Could I be pregnant.  I took a pregnancy test last Monday and it came back negative but I don't have no signs of being pregnant either.  Should I want til it stops and hope for a period next month, take a pregnancy test, or go to the doctor.  This has never happened before.  I don't know what this is.  Hope someone can tell me.
Im going through the same thing. Take a HPT if it comes up neg then u need to see your doctor
I have a really light kinda pink period after taking the morning after pill. Is this normal??
i had intercourse with my boyfriend about 2 weeks ago and am havig my period basically at the expected time of the month but it was lighter than usual & now that the blood has stopped i have a little bit of brown discharge and have for a couple days. its pretty much stopped but there is still a little bit of brown today. is this normal?
I have the same thing...I was started spotting on Thursday and now its just brown when i wipe sorry TMI. Just wondering about this. I took a test Saturday morning but it was negative but i just want some avice.
I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one, i had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago. I got my period on tuesday 27 but it wasn't normal, it was darker, lighter, longer (it's been a week and I still have it), my breast are so tender, the tenderness usually goes away when I get my period. Do you think I could be pregnant?
Hey ya'll...im like in the same boat....i had unprotected sex with my bf, now my period is a little late...and it's like brown nasty stuff...(blood??)  can anyone help me?? im usually perfectly on time....hardly ever late...this is the first time having sex in like a year...but we have done it several times....help....i need to kno what to do...thanks~
I think it has something to do with the moon because i havent had any unprotected sex and my period this month has been totally irregular. I had  light period for about five days and im still spotting.. Does that seem normal?
ok well i was late on my period i didnt get it last month and i stopped taking the pill i had unproctected sex. im on my period but now idk if it is my period im bleeding less then normal and i usually get my period at the end of the month. what does this mean:(
Hi Everybody!..I am in the same boat
I started with some brown spotting on Tuesday 5/4 and i had it yesterday wednesday 5/5 as well.

My period in march was on 3/16 and then in April was on the  4/11..it came 1 week earlier, so I am thinking that it might be my period in may earlier 1 week again but i have not see any spotting today.
I felt the last 2 days cramps and my breast was hard like when my period comes but once again .....it my be my period coming earlier again!

I have been 6 years married, only furry babies ( cats and dogs...i love them) +1 Ics failure+  2  IVFs failure as well ( very expensive)  and now I am just trying natural ( i am 41y/o)

I am so nervios that i go to the bathroom every hour to see if my period is here or not ...

keep me inform everybody...I want to hear good news from all of you! Good Luck
Hey guys

I'm going through the same thing and I'm not sure what to do.

For a years now, I have alway kept track of my periods and it has always come exactly 25 days (more or less) apart. Usually my period last a week, from start to finish and completely cleared.I am 20 years old now and it has been this consistent for years! About 3 weeks ago, my boy friend for 4yrs and i finally had sex.  Now, exactly 25 days from my last period, I got my period again but this time it is weird. My blood was brown, kind of heavy flow the first day and i had terrible cramps day 1 and a few after that.Also, this period wasn't as long as it usually is. I've never had a weird period and this concerns me. Could this be a sign that I am pregnant or does this happen to be a just a weird period.
Im On the Same Road =(
I mean i had some what of sex, not fully in.
Im suppose to start my period on May 9 or 10 and its May 8, and ive been spotting for a WEEK, its dark Brown. I read online that, That spoting is a syptom of being Pregnet or loosing a baby. And IDK what to do.
I miss my period.
Is this spotting sign of my period or is it early signs of pregnecy? =(
I am kind of going through something similar but i know that i cannot be pregnant. about 2 weeks ago i had what i think was a period except it was very light and mostly brown than anything else. now just after two weeks it is starting out again the same way that it did the last time. just a very light brown color. I was wondering if this is something i need to get checked out.
I am going to wait i more week since my last period was on april 12. I am definility checking with a doctor. I heard it can pregnancy, some says rough sex ( but not my case) and some i read  cnacer. the last one scare the hell out of me.

bleeding betw periods is something never happen to me in the last 25 years.

I am married and we were looking for a baby for long but we give up and this is new for me. I still have cramps and but i only have brown spots for 2 days, by body aches and I feel like my period is about to come any second for the las week. i feel inside so much movement that i am concern.

If you are single and "not ready for a baby" you need to contact your doctor asap.  a baby is a lot responsability and will change your life forever an dthis change can be either good or bad depending in your type of living and professional status.
i have had sex but protected , im on time for my peroid but it is just some spotting , my stomache is bloated and have some cramps and pains time to time , i also have a cold and cough with chest pains ? sometimes i have pains through my back and at the bottom of my back some shooting pains , i took a test on friday the 7th may it said not pregant t was the clear blue one , but it was before my due date for my peroid ? someone help me please im stressing out but my sister is also ill and says her stomache is vvery senstive and fat :/ .
I feel the same as you:

1.) some brown spotting on 5/4 -  5/5 ,
2.) my stomach is bloated and have some cramps and pains time to time since last week
3.)  i also have a cold and cough with sore throath.
-4.) pains through my back and at the bottom of my back some shooting pains
5.) I havent take any test because i havent miss my period yet, I am betw 5/12 and 5/16 so after those days i will visit the doctor, otherwise i will be spending $12 in pregnant test that wont tell you anything.

anybody has a result yet?.....
If you miss your period.... you have 75% of pregnancy..visit your doctor righ away

good luck!
I had the same date. my period was in april 12th and it supposed be on May 11th and it came today 5/12...aghhhhh

I had that brown spotting on 5/4/ and 5/5 and I was happy because my period  was 1 week later.....I guess the brown spotting might have been extra blood in my system...

good luck to all of yoou
THIS IS STRANGE THAT SO MANY OF US ARE HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS. AS OF TWO DAYS AGO I WAS 4 DAYS LATE ON MY MONTHLY CYCLE THAT IS OTHERWISE VERY REGULAR. TWO DAYS AGO I  STARTED LIGHT REDDISH BLEEDING BUT NOT ENOUGH TO EVEN APPEAR ON A PAD (ONLY WHEN I WOULD WIPE). THE BLEEDING HAS CONTINUED, BUT AGAIN ONLY WHEN I WIPE AND IS NOW A BROWNISH COLOR. I HAVE SEVERE CRAMPING AND AM EXTREMELY BLOATED WITH VERY TENDER BREAST AND FATIGUE. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY UNPROTECTED SEX, SO SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT I COULD BE PREGNANT. LIKE I MENTION PRIOR MY MENSTRAL CYCLES ARE VERY REGULAR, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. IT IS VERY INTERESTING TO ME THAT SO MANY OF US ARE EXPERIENCING ALL THE SAME SYMPTOMS... PLEASE ALL CONTINUE TO UPDATE US AS I WILL TO SEE WHAT THE ISSUE IS THIS MONTH WITH US ALL.
Wow. Well im having the SAME problems. Im On birth control but about a week ago i started spotting brown stuff, now its blood, enough where i have to where a tampon. I stopped taking my birth control yesterday because i read online that this could mean im pregnant? I called the health dept, and nothing back yet. I took a Hpt and it was negative. Are we all prenant?? Also iv been yawning all day. my body feels tired and im having cramps and headaces..
Wow, I am in awe of what I am reading! I can not believe that so many of us are having the SAME symptoms! I am regular and am now, about 6 days late. I GOOGLEd my symptoms and stumbled upon this board only to discover that I am not alone!
Like the majority of you, I too, have swollen breasts and sensitivity to both nipples and breasts. I have been spotting a brownish, substance, but prior to that, I had very light bleeding. Both types of spotting are now gone. (well, as of this afternoon)

I know for a fact that I am not pregnant because I am infertile, much to my husband's and my dismay. I wonder what is going on.

I am so relieved to know that I am not alone. May you all have happy periods next month and may the May Menstrual Madness end soon.
*hugs*
Christy
i'm having the same problem. about two weeks ago i had sex and the condom broke so the next day i went and got plan b. i followed the instructions and i went to the doctor and she asked me if knew i had started my period. this was a great surprise to me since it's about 5 days early. but it is now the 4th day i'm supposed to be on my period and i haven't even needed to wear a tampon or anything the whole time. it's just brown discharge? i don't know what's going on but the doctor told me it was my period.. either way on sunday i'm starting on my birth control.
OMG.. this is freaky!! I was suppossed to have my period on time never late but this month I was about 5-6 days late!! and only having brown blood and some blood when I clean my self.. I usually have a heavy thick period and this time its like nothing! i had my usual headache but thats all no heavy morning period, I have gone to bed with panty liners and they are clean in the morn!! never has that happened to me!! and my bf and I use the pull out method and he cums outside of me, we have done this for a year now and never had this happen to me.. and this past month we only had intercourse about 3 times only.. and I am in shock to read this from everyone on here that we are all going through the same thing... I hope I am not pregnant, this is so weird!!

I have taken 2 preg. tests and they both came up negative. one after i missed the day of my period and the other like 2 days ago when I started this so called period...
I'm 18 and on birth control. i am still a virgin, and my gyno says i have pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrom).  i started taking the pill 1 year ago when i had my period for 46 days, it stopped when i started the pill.  my doctor told me i could skip 4 periods, have 1, skip 4, have 1 and so on.  this system had been working for a year.

On april 20, i started spotting (after my pharmacy stopped giving me my normal birth control) and my doctor has switched me twice since then.  i am STILL spotting to this day.  it is normally brown, sometimes pink.

does anyone know why i've been spotting this long?  i see my doctor june 14.
HIYA EVERYONE, NEED ABIT OF ADVICE. HAD A MC LAST YR AND EVER SINCE HAVE HAD REALLY BAD PERIODS AND I BLEED SOMETIMES AFTER INTERCOURSE WITH MY PARTNER MY PERIOD THIS MONTH WAS DUE THE 12TH BUT DIDNT SHOW TIL THE 15TH BUT NO PAIN WHAT SO EVER AND JUST BROWN DISCHARGE AND LIGHT PINK SPOTTING ON AND OFF NOT EVERY DAY I ALSO HAD BROWN DISCHARGE LAST SATURDAY TOO HAD WHITE TINY BALLY STUFF COMMING OUT OF MY BOOBS DURING THE WEEK ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MIGHT BE ? DONE  PREG TEST WEN MY PERIOD WAS DUE BUT THIS CAME UP NEG COULD IT HAVE BEEN TOO EARLY TO TELL ?? PLEASE HELP :)
I am kinds in the same boat too.  Had my period last month with the help of medroxyprogeterone, because I have irregular periods all my life.  Had unprotected sex with my husband  took a preg. test before I started next months progesterone.  May 12 started a very weird 2 day spotting of brown blood.  I know that brown blood when it is a period is just old blood but it was only a 2 day spotting is what concerns me.  It was so light that  a panty liner sufficed.  Before I started the progesterone I was crampy and sore boobs but I thought the 2 preg. test I took would tell me or not.  Maybe I took them to soon?  IDK  
This is so weird at least I know this is happening to more people I'm on birth control usually ALWAYS start on monday mornings it is now tuesday night I have had spotting since sunday and now it has turned to a dark brown color but I can only tell when I wipe. I have had cramps and a sore back just like when I start my period.
It's sort of crazy that so many of us are experiencing the same problem at the same time? A couple of weeks ago I got a chest infection with a cold and sore throat, my doctor prescribed a course of antibiotics (which she assured me do NOT interfere with my POP birth contol), and a course of the steroid Prednisone. I wondered if maybe these had contributed to my weird period this month. I'm usually regular as clockwork, every 27 days. Last Monday I started with very light pink spotting, 2 weeks after my last period. It's continued every day since then, sometimes it's a little heavier, sometimes there's nothing at all. Rarely enough to even make a mark on a pad, but it's there when I wipe. Today I have mild cramping, and some lower back pain. I don't think I could be pregnant, bleeding for 5 days wouldn't be a good indicator of that, right?
I feel tearful a lot too, very hormonal. Wondering if I should check in with the doctor.
I got the depo shot in late January 2010. A week later I started bleeding and bled for two weeks. I had just gotten married so the hubby was excited about that one. Then it stopped. I decided to switch to the pill and thought I made sure that I took it before the 3 months of Depo ended. A couple of days later I started spotting and havent stopped. It's been a month. At first it was reddish pink, then went to brown, and theres always been small clots or sticky something. I have to wear a pantyliner daily. I just took my last pill and now I'll be waiting to start my period that I feel I've been on for a month. Today it's red again but it's always been very light. My breasts have been tender off and on but not every day. I am very moody. I have had light cramping the entire time. Nothing too uncomfortable that I need a pain reliever for though. My periods have been irregular for most of my life. In 2008 ans 2009 they were right on and I was excited about that. But now they are irregular again. I know if I dont start in the next week I need to take a HPT. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this or if anyone has advice. I get regular exams and had my yearly done in January when I got the Depo.    thanks
I am shocked to find so many with the brown spotting suddenly. I have also never had this experience before. My only symptom is a brown very weak 'period'. SO strange. I don't know what to think now that I have seen so many Women have posted here.... what could be going on?
I wonder if maybe it's a bug of some kind that's interfering with the menstrual cycle? I notice I wasn't the only one to have had cold symptoms...
Weird I Have the same sympoms..My period is due in couple of days.. had brown spotting today in the morning and some later in the evening.. I am trying to get pregnant... Hoping this is implantation blood.. but looking at so many of you having the same symptoms i am now not very sure if i am pregnant..

One question to all the posters... where are you guys located? If this is regional or not.. I am in Newyork..

Thx
"One question to all the posters... where are you guys located? If this is regional or not.. I am in Newyork.. "

Good question, I'm in Chicago.
I am experiencing similar problems.  My period is early.  I have an IUD (10 yr. non-hormonal) since 2007, and I have unprotected sex regularly with my boyfriend of a year.  I usually have a 40 day cycle, with a 7 day period, which starts out light, gets very heavy and then gets lighter and goes away.  But now, I have this brown spotting.  It is about 1-2 wks before my period would normally be and it doesn't seem to be getting much heavier.  I have had it for a few days.  I don't know what it is and I'm looking for answers!!!!  BTW @ Allykb- I'm in Massachusetts.
How strange is this one?? So I'm over a week late for my period. Been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend because I'm fixed. I had the essure procedure about 2 years ago. But now scared I'm pregnant and read many posts from women that got pregnant after having these coils put in. Horrible procedure! I wouldn't reccomend this to my worst enemy! I had two inconclusive pregnancy tests. Going to see my Dr on Monday to see what is going on. I've had a small amount of brown spotting, only time I ever saw that before was when I was pregnant with my twins. I'm nervous, I feel very pregnant and now freaked out because of these stupid coils!!
Hi I had unprotected sex about 3  or 4 months or so ago n I  been spotting for about 2 months already today I started bleeding very very light n usually my period is real heavy I have been throwing up and getting sick a couple times/days the first 2 months n I have been having pain n my stomach n sometimes down there my breast seem to be getting bigger N I'm puting on weight ..am I pregnant or what's going on some one help me please!?!?!  
okay so i had unprotected sex like about a month ago but he didnt finish i know for a fact. i didnt really think of what anything until i relized i missed my period i was supposed to get in like may 12ishh but i didnt and now its the 21 and yesterday i thought i got my period but its just very very light blood and some of it is brownish color and i kind of have cramps but my period never is like that but sometimes i do get my period every 5 or 6 weeks but im not sure what it is because i started thinking i was pregrant but now i dont know and i dont want to be pregrant right now what sud i do somone help!
oh and to add to my previous commnet. i havent felt nacious or been throwing up or anything. im to scared to take pregnacy test
same issues not sexually active not preg normal paps brown spotting starts every 2 1/2 weeks now no other illnesses thankfully as a party favor but extremly nervous about it what a great conspiracy this would make :) jk of coarse but like ppl have said many of us are going thru similar situations:)
OK I'm 15 I started seasonique the day of my period. I'm sexually active but always use a condom. I had my full normal period of about 5 days but now I have super light brown stuff coming out. I have never had the brown stuff before Idk if I should be worried I can't be pregnant cause I had my period I'm confused and need help!
OK I HAD CLIPS PUT ON MY TUBES 2 1/2 YEARS AGO. MY PERIODS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NORMAL AND REG. MY PERIOD CAME ABOUT THE TIME IT WAS SUPP. TO AND IT WAS A LITTLE PINK/PEACH AT FIRST ABOUT 7-8AM. NOT TILL I GOT HOME WAS THERE BLOOD AND A NORMAL SIZE CLOT AND COUPLE TINY ONES AND LIKE IT WAS GETTING HEAVY AS NORMAL. NO PAIN BY THE WAY. AND AFTER THAT IT WAS MAINLY BROWN AND NOTHING THROUGH THE NIGHT. I PUT A TAMP IN THE NEXT MORNING AND HAD IT IN FOR 6 HOURS. WHEN I WENT TO CHANGE THERE WAS VERY SMALL SPOT OF BLOOD AND THE REST BROWN AND STILL WAS NOT FULL. AFTER THAT IT WAS BROWN AND ABOUT 3-4 DAYS LONG. I WAS FEELING SICK FOR AWHILE BEFORE THAT BUT THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO DRINKING THE NIGHT BEFORE WICH NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM BEFORE. AND  WAS GETTING HEADACHES OFF AND ON BUT THOSE R GONE TO. BEEN MORE TIRED THOUGH. MY VERY LOWER ABDOMEN SEEMS FIRMER. and bad bloating more so towards evening. MY PERIODS BTW R USUALLY HEAVY FIRST 2 DAYS HAVING TO CHANGE TAMPS OFTEN THI TIME I ONLY PUT 1-2 IN AND DIDN'T EVEN NEED THEM. ANY ADVICE.
not to sound redunant..but like so many of you, I am completely shocked at how many of you there are having very similar symptoms and I am. We have been trying to get pg for over 10 years...nothing wrong with either of us (according to thousands of dollars in Dr bills), and still not pg.  I rarely have a 'regular' period, it comes and goes, unlike clockwork. We have sex 4-5 times a week, unprotected of course in hopes of getting a baby out of it.  However, this is the FIRST time EVER that I had my reg. 7 day cycle and have now been brown spotting for 14 days when I wipe. I am becoming very concerned but I don't have the current luxury of running to the Dr.  I lost my job in March and haven't been able to find any work since and there is no spousal insurance where my husband works.

IF someone actually comes up with an answer to this incredible phenomenon I would LOVE to know.
Someone asked for regional location :  Im in western NC
Good luck to you all, and please let me know what happens with you all.
zionspoet
Have you been ill at all? I noticed a couple of other people say they had a cough/cold/sore throat and I certainly did. Aside from the fact that out of the people who did state their location we're all in North America, I can't see anything else in common except this mysterious brown spotting from people who generally have regular periods.

I had the spotting all of last week, it turned into a "real" period on Thursday, and continued till Sunday. Since then, I'm back to the spotting. I called my doctor and she said if it was still no better in a few days, to go in for an appointment.
My last period was on the 27th of April. It lasted 4 days like it always does. and like the rest of you i too am on the pill. Well during the second week of my pills i didnt take two of them and started spotting two days after. it stopped after a couple of days but it was brown and like pink blood. I boobs are very swollen and kind of sore, my face is all broken out and ive headaches. not sure if its because of the missed pills or if i am pregnant. my husband and i would be happy either way. my daughter is 2 yrs old and we have been talking about having another one so we have not been careful about where he cums. usually inside me this month. I dont want to psych myself out but im still spotting and its still brown, barely enough for a light day tampon. took a test yesterday and it was negative. not sure what to think. oh and i have cramps and backache too..wish there was a lil light that would go off if we or not so we wouldnt have to play this waiting game...good to yall and let me know how yall make out!!
Im going through about the same thing, I randomly started bleeding the other day sometimes its dark red/brown sometimes its bright red. I dont really have tender breast but I have been feeling sick to my stomache, im not sure if its cuz its been really hot outside or not. My period doesnt usually come till next week, its never been this early. Ive been on the pill for a few years and my period has always come at the same time. I dont kno maybe i could be pregnant but i dont want to frighten myself again. Does anyone kno wat this could be? PLEASE HELP! (: Thank you
My period was due today. What im not sure about is...when i forget my pills and started bleeding if that was my period so i wouldnt be having one now. or im still supposed to be having my period. because im still spotting, and its only when i wipe and its pinkish/brown...tmi...im sry...but if anyone has any input plz help me :)
This is amazing...HOWEVER, I do wish someone had a reasonable suggestion as to what is going on here.  Last month, I had a reg. period, but this month, on a reg. date, my period started and was real light so I decided not to use a tampon and used panty liners instead.  Then it just stopped completely for 2 days and started back up 2 weeks ago and I have been having light pinkish bleeding some days and then the darkish brown spotting. Some days the blood only shows when I wipe and other days on the tampon.  No cramps, no breast pain, and I have an IUD in Iowa.
Hi... I googled the symptoms everyone is saying about and came up with this forum and I also have the same symptoms.  My period was a week and half ago, lasted 2-3 days then stopped then about 2 days later the brown and pinkish spotting very light period.  I had a sore throat and cold/flu symptoms a week ago finally they are gradually going but the spotting is still there at the moment.  

I am not pregnant because I have a coil and I haven't been sexually active for months and months.  

I was really interested and intrigued to see so many people have the same symptoms and we all have them at the same time.

But I am not in America, I am in China.

Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused it?  I was thinking it might be a 'bug' like someone else suggested?  
"I was really interested and intrigued to see so many people have the same symptoms and we all have them at the same time.
But I am not in America, I am in China.
Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused it?  I was thinking it might be a 'bug' like someone else suggested?"

I sort of think, if we are all experiencing the same thing, then it has to be a bug of some sort. It's highly doubtful given what I've read, that many of us are pregnant, most of us are using different kinds of birth control (from pills, to IUD's) and several people now have mentioned the cough/cold/flu /sore throat symptoms - maybe others also had those but didn't connect them to the irregular spotting.

As for me, I'm still spotting almost 2 weeks later (with a "real" period in the middle of that), my Doctor said it was probably down to my birth control (mini-pill) but to go in for a PAP smear when I've stopped bleeding, just to be on the safe side. So I don't know what to think.
i have never had sex until last weekend and i have had cramps and have beenn sooooo hungry and craving chocolate this usually means my period is coming ... but nothing ans all i have is allittle brown spotting i mean is this affects fromthe stupid morning after pill or am i pregnant do i take a test to clarify help me pleasee soo nervouse
Hi lady's , i have had same kind of thing ! i got my period on the 9/5 i was due on the 7/5 but its lasted longer then my normal period but this one i had really light bleeding it stop for a day or two then came back ! on the 15/5 it was still light so my partner and i had unprotected sex and since then i have had a brown light colour , everyday since . its like i go for a pee and stand up and walk prob 10m and feels like im pee'ing myself . but i got back to the loo and theres nothing there and i do a little pee again . its like a real clear brown colour on the 15/5 when i had sex with my partner we thought i was still on my period so he cummed in me . but i heard you can not get pregs on your period . i have been to my doc cuz with the brown stuff its smelly . really badly and i never smell and im a really clean person . . . . . wit hmy doc we did all count blood test . and everything was negative . the doc is sending my in for an ultra sound incase i have an infection on the overies , and gave me tablets for the browness and smell incase i have a bug in my virgina . . infection . but if i still have the browness and no blood  i have to go for another pregs test in a few weeks .
what is this there are alot of us in the same situation . ? ? ? ?  
Well I have to say I was extremely worried, but have found comfort and am more interested than anything...
As with the majority I was 5 days late - normally 28 day clockwork. I didn't get any of my usual cramping in the lead up, but have been feeling really off. I got my period today and it is much lighter than usual and dark brown. I am very crampy and have back aches and am extremely tired and still feeling nauseous. I have also had a headache for four days leading up to this weird period.
Strange that this is happening to so many women, but comforting all the same. Must be that Moon :o)
I have exactly the same symtoms as everyone! Took a pregnancy test (which was negative). The search engine only brings up pregnancy related topics, ah.

I am from Melbourne, Australia, fyi :)
This is sooo weird that im googling the same exact thing as so many of you ladies have. I am now 6 days late according to my app in my iphone and have been having killer cramps and back pains, my boobs feel sooo heavy and hurt when I lay on them, I haven't been preggos in about five years and have had unprotected sex in the last month about three weeks ago, and for the past two to three days have been seeing this weird brown discharge mixed with what looks like cottage cheese, its kinda weird.. but i've taken a pg test about three days ago and it was negative, i have suffered from three losses(stillborn,ruptured ectopic, as well as a normal mc), so I kinda know what to expect, but this is very unexplainable and when i call the advice nurse they say its a period w/the old blood but as i've lost so many little people and just want one to take at some point in my life i bring home a bouncing baby gurl or boy doesn't matter, this is a bit nerve racking
What the heck is going on! Same thing with me! May must be a crazy month for us all! I just got my period yesterday the 26th at it's expected time, but it is very abnormal. Bright red blood spotting, not very heavy at all in the morning yesterday. Then it turned to dark brown in the afternoon, but still very light and only appeared when I wipe. My hubby and I had sex at the time when I thought I was ovulating, but I've taken 2 First Response tests a few days prior to getting my period (or whatever this bleeding is) and they both were negative!! Today I have no bleeding or spotting whatsoever! I don't want to waste anymore money on another test if this is in fact my period, but for some reason it doesn't feel like it. I have no cramps at all, when I usually get really bad cramps! My breast feel fuller and are just a little tender and tingly. Hmmm, what should I do?
my period came and was heavy as usual, but a few days later...i started bleeding again, i'm cramping like my period is on and I bleed one day, not the next and then two days later i'm bleeding again! I took a test and i'm not pregnant but i dont know what else it could be. I'm making an appointment for the OBGYN for the 10th, so hopefully then I can get some answers for myself and ask some questions for you all =]
Sounds really similar to what I had. Seeing my Doctor for a PAP smear on Monday, but I'm almost certain I'm not pregnant, just this spotting for 2 weeks now. I have the occasional mild crampy feeling down there but it's gone very quickly and doesn't need painkillers. It's disturbing.
woooa this is weird. I never post on these things but this is so freaky I had to. I'm on the pill but last month i missed two pills, then another two right at the end of the pack. The following day i had sex with my boyfriend and that week I had a super light and short period...hardly worth a tampon. Then 6 days later i had one day of brown spotting and cramps. Now half way trhough the next pill pack i've been brown spotting for three days (this has never happended and i've been on the pill for years AND this month i've taken all pills on time). I've come off the pill now hoping to reset my body and go back on it next month assuming i'm not pregnant - i did take a HPT yesterday and it came back negative. Doctors appt on tuesday so i'll keep you posted!

Good luck ladies!
I do not have an answer... however, I am experiencing a similar chain of events.  I have a 28 day cycle and I should have begun my cycle today. I have been having cramps and last weekend I was doing the overeating and oversleeping bit that occurs as usual before I mensturate, so I thought I might be starting early.  I never started bleeding!  Just this odd brown, super light spotting... for several days now.  Since then, I have been getting the same thing for a week off and on.  I had intercourse with my bf on Thurs. night thinking I was not on my period, but I bleed a lot during sex... brown.  I was certain I would wake up today with a full period, but no.  So I found myself googling the symptoms this morning and found all of you.

I had unprotected sex with my bf 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks, but we used the pull out method and I really do not think I am prego. I am from Seattle, WA
Hey, i ve never posted anything on any website, but this is really wierd,
i ve been keeping track of my period for about 5 years, it comes every 24 days and lasts for 5 days, for the first time it came for 3 days,and each day i only found one really ONE brown drop...... 3 days like this and then gone my period is over today..... am 22 married use condoms but no pills am gonna check tomorrow in the morning a pregnanct test but i hope it is something else :S
Okay, I am completely amazed that so many people are having the same things happen to them that I am. . . I am nervous and don't know what to do. My period should have come between the 11th and 16th of May (this month) and it never did. I took a pregnancy test around the 19th and again around the 23rd-both were negative, and I still hadn't began bleeding. However, on the 24th I started having this dark dark brown almost black looking blood/discharge. Its not enough to fill a pantyliner even. It's just barely there, and I only see it when I wipe sometimes. Sometimes it's not even there. My breasts were really sore at the beginning and middle of this month, but then about the time I would have started my period they stopped being sore and haven't hurt since then. I am wondering what this brown stuff is. Like is it my period and just being really wierd, or am I bleeding old blood because of implantation? Typically I have a 5 or 6 day period with a heavy flow the first two days and then it slows down. Last month I bled from the 16th to the 19th (much shorter than usual and LIGHTER) and this month this brown stuff is all I've gotten and it came like 8 days after I was supposed to start. . . I want to know if I am pregnant or not. Can anyone help??? Any advice or anything?
This is insane...the same thing has been happening to me and I'm freaking out! I've only been sexually active since January and I've been on birth control pills since March. My boyfriend and I have been having sex the last few months, but I know for a fact that I'm not pregnant because I've been on birth control and he always pulls out. What's interesting is that I'm in remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma (a type of cancer) and I went to get a checkup on May 6th and they asked for a urine sample. They said something was wrong with my urine, that either it was my hormones or I had an infection so I'm getting it re-tested this Friday (June 4). My period was supposed to start around May 18th but I was a few days late so I took a preg. test and it came out to be negative so I wasn't worried. The next day, I thought my period started but it was the same brown discharge everyone is talking about. It's now been close to 10 days and it hasn't stopped so I'm really worried. Everything else I looked up that has to do with brown discharge that isn't related to pregnancy said that it might just be that the last time we ovulated, something was weird so this is how our bodies are reacting or it could do with birth control. More serious things it brought up was HPV, cervical cancer, and STDs like chlamydia and ghonerrea (which I'm almost positive I don't have). But now that I see everyone else is experiencing the same symptoms as me, maybe it's something completely different nobody knows about? I'll let you all know how the doctor goes Friday.
iv been deealing with the same things the last two days but i think its bcuz when i started taking my birthcontrol, it made me skip my period that month(whitch was about a month ago) and a week b4 i was supose to get my period it broke through and i got it early. my doctor told me this is natural. well now i forgot to take my BC for two days in a row and now im having dark brown dischage i believe its from all the change in my body from the birthcontrol. i started taking sronyx to regulate my period. soo im just gonna see how it goes once i catch up on my BC. its NOT bcuz any of you are prego. haha cuz i havnt had sex in like 8months soooo i kno i am not. lol

goood luck everybody(:
im kinda scared right now..im having a brownish discharge too..i have been for about a week now and its tender down there and cramping..this has never happened too me before..at first i thought maybe it was a yest infection but i don't know now..is there any advise as to what i should do??please help me..
omg! ladies wot is really going on???? i was meant to come on on the 26th of may, am 5 or 6 days late now.. but i had sex with my boyfrnd dayz before i come on... we use the withdrawal system and it has worked for the last three yrs of our relationship. coz we kinda awork as a team wen hvin sex.. he knoz well not to come.. and i kno he didn't come inside me. i had this brown spottin for just some hours on the 26th of may... till nw my normal period is nowhere to be found! plus am still havin stomach cramps, fartinf like i hv got air in my belle( this usualli happens after period) am so worried bur gong for a pregnancy test tomorow @ my local surgery... just incase i am so they can give advice too.. couldn't go today coz it's bank holiday! pheeeeeeeeew. dis is wot we all hv to go tru! would get bk to u all if i hv any helpful advise. oooooo plus my colleaugue @ work came on twice this mnth.. so she took my period. lol.. xxx
I'M CURRENTLY ON THE DEPO SHOT, THIS IS ACTUALLY MY SECOND MONTH. WELL THE FIRST MONTH WAS OKAY BUT I DIDN'T HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX THAT MONTH...THE FOLLOWING MONTH (MAY) I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX AND NOW I'M STARTING TO EXPERIENCE PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS BUT I'M CONFUSED BECAUSE IDK IF IT COULD BE THE SHOT THAT'S WEARING OFF OR IF I COULD BE PREGNANT. HAVE ANYONE EVER GOTTEN PREGNANT WHILE ON THE DEPO SHOT?
I am a little bit scared too. I have no period just very very light brown spotting for last 3 days which started 8 days later than expected period.I did 4 pregnancy test but  came negative. I don't have any other symptoms.  I live in London.
My "period" is a week early and its not heavy at all I went thru the whole day w/ one tampon & 1 pad the blood is bright bright red almost pink I would say & brownish I have terrible cramps like I never experienced b4 breast were sore on and off for the past couple weeks & I have engaged in unprotected sex any info?
OMG!!! I'm having the same issue... a week late and BROWN discharge. I had a my tubes cut and burned in 2001. What's going on????  Tennessee
LOL bad month huh? Well I have hypothyroidism and its made my periods harsh, I was even getting them twice a month for  long time. But this is the first time for me. I ALWAYS have a period for 7 days but this one was only 4 days it was heavy but stopped and now 4 days later cramping and pink on my pad I put on when I saw I was spotting after I went potty. I have a HUGE fear of cancer always have so I am really afraid right now :0(... But I have read its normal for ALL women to have spotting some time or another. Just makes me nervous ya know!? But Glad to see I am not alone. If it don't stop in a few days I will go to the Doc, I am afraid of cancer but thats the fear that MAKES me go to the doctor not keep away!!! I don't think its cancer for any of us. Just messed up hormones!!!
WEIRD !!

i had a similar experience last month.. around may 4th I started my period and it was brown .. the second day, full day of normal period then the third day , half day of normal then went back to light brown spotting .. freaked me out so much becuz my priod lasts for good 5 days , (always irregular) .. so i took a preg test around the 25th and it was negative ..  i usually feel light cramps a week prior to my period but instead I currently feel bloated n sore around my stomach area .. i dont feel nausea/morning sickness or no tender breasts .. i really hope this is nothing .. but i still think its VERY weird that we all are having same symptoms..
hello um i had my period  then two weeks later i started to bleed very light lik i was spotting this lasted for about a week and it was just off and on dose anyone know why dis might have taken place??
So i had unprotected sex last week with my boyfriend on Wednsday when the condom broke and my boyfriend told me he didn't ***. the next day i got my period. day after i got my period my left boob started hurting and after that my period change to a dark kinda brown and was little spotting. i can't really tell if i am pregnant or not cause i eat so much food and always been tired cause i stay up late's. after my period was over my left boob stopped hurting. im not really sure if my boyfriend told me the truth or not but i think he did *** inside of me.
I am having a so called period now its weird lol it was 1 day early from when i was suppose to start and never had one like this period.
I started small amount of pink discharge on monday and since then i have only had brown spotting when wiping and a very small amount on a panty liner (I mean small as in a dot). Here is my symptoms, I am very bloated, being sick every night, very tired having to nap throughh the day, cold symptoms for the past 2 weeks i just cant seem to get rid of it. Headaches off and on for the last few days. I last tested on friday before this started and i was negative. So i am just as confused as you ladies.

how come no one is coming up with an answer?

I had an unprotected sex and took plan b about 3 weeks ago...I started getting light brown  discharges 2 days ago and and sore throat. I thought I was about to get a cold and was on my way of getting my period.... Anyway, last night thinking that I was on my period, I had another unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he did not pull it out of me. This morning I was expecting fully loaded pad, but to my surprise it's clean! Almost nothing on the pad.....
Now as I'm writing this, I feel so bloated in my stomach....
What is going on?????

and...should I take plan B again just to be safe???
I really need some advice.....
I started taking the pill about 6 weeks ago, i stopped after 3 because i didnt stop bleeding whilst i was taking it, now its about the time of my real period and i have been having period pains and only a little bit of blood, like basically none at all, and i am usually quite heavy.
could it be the tablets or could it be something else!?
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY UPDATES!!!?

Could this be an age thing? I am 17. My period is on time, however, I have that same brown discharge. I usually get this discharge a day or 2 prior to my period (regular flow) but a pantie liner is not necessary. BUT this time, i get enough discharge where I actually need a pantie liner. When i wipe, i find fresh blood but only a little bit...so i wondered whether the blood was having a hard time flowing / flushing out... I had unprotected sex a few days prior to my period, but not for the whole duration. My partner and I used a condom.

PLEASE POST UPDATES!
OMG! I am going through the SAME THING!  I know I am not preg. because I currently undergo pain relief shots due to a old injury so I get tested weekly by my doctor, but still...... to know that SO MANY OTHERS are going through this too!  

As for my location, I live in Texas. Is there something going on that should be made public!?!
All of you sound like your having the same problems as me. what kind of birth control is everyone taking? Maybe thats the reason.
I just wondered if anyone else who posted earlier in the thread had got to the bottom of this mystery yet?
I had 2 weeks of spotting followed by a real period, then 2 more days of spotting and it finally stopped. Pregnancy test negative, PAP result all good, there's nothing bad going on down there. I don't think it's down to the birth control pill cause I noticed a lot of ladies in this thread mentioned using IUD's or condoms, or no contraception at all. However, several (including myself)  mentioned a sore throat and cold symptoms, so I'm really inclined to think this was a bug of some sort. Never heard of anything like it though!
Most people who did post their location were from North America, but there was someone from China so that doesn't explain it...I'm still sort of confused!
Has anyone found out why this is happening yet?!?!

I'm going through the exact same thing. I was supposed to get my period April 25, but I was really stressed like REALLY REALLY stressed, that it finally came on May 6. Then just a few days ago, I wiped and there was this brownish discharge..so I'm not sure if it's my period..? I'm using a pad, but sometimes nothing shows up.. only when I wipe!! It's really weird and scary...
OK SO THE FIRST DAY OF MY LAST PERIOD WAS 5/11 AND HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A BABY AFTER THAT.  I OVULATED AROUND THE 28TH OF MAY I GUESS ACCORDING TO THE "CALCULTER MOBOB" AND I THOUGHT I DID SUCSEED AT GETTING PREGO CAUSE IM HAVING A LOT OF SYMPTOMS AND I HAVE A KID I KNOW MY BODY...AND SO SUPPOSED TO START MY PERIOD TODAY JUNE 8TH SO I HAVE BEEN WAITG FOR THIS DAY TO COME...I WAS REALLY DISSAPOINTED CAUSE I THOUGHT I STARTED AND IT WAS REALLY LIGHT SO I PUT A PANTY LINER WICH IM A TAMPN GIRL CAUSE I A HEAVY BLEEDER WICH IM NOT THIS TIME AND NOW THE BLOOD IS BROWN AND EARLIER IT WAS RED WHEN I WIPED BUT IT WASENT ENOUGH TO EVEN GET ON MY PAD SO I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE I HOPE SOMEONE POSTS SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT THIS ALL COULD BE.
Okay this is just ridiculous. I'm having the same issues too, but I'm still a virgin and on no form of birth control. I'm in the state of Virginia and since just after my period (Ended the 27th of May) I've been getting just the brown spotting when I wipe after I pee. It's weird and freaky, has never happened before. I never get spotting, especially like this. I also am getting over what I FIGURED was a sinus infection (cough/sore throat/runny nose) and it's better now, but still not gone and it's been over a week and a half since that occurred.
I really wonder if it's the Moon.
I wonder if we should be concerned. I'm from Las Vegas, but before this happened to me, I wasn't sick or anything... I really wonder what could be the cause of this. If some virgins are experiencing this as well, then I don't think having any kind of sex, protected or not, or birth control could be the cause of this.
I am  going through the same thing im from london & ive been experiencing this dark brownish stuff when wiping for over 2 weeks  since may 25th usually i have a heavy 6 day regular period not on birth control not pregnant sick  got a doctors app next week does anyone know what it is.Has anyone seen a doctor i will update you once ive seen my doc
Ok I need help
Hey girls, im having something similiar to me. Im irregular as it is , so kinna hard to tell. my bf and i have had sex everynight and sometimes morning as well, and its unprotected sex... right before i met him, i had chlamidia and it messed up my whole system. ive taken pills for it and it cleared up. its month later and i had this brown color only when i wiped, then light bleeding. my periods are normally heavy.it was lighter and shorterand  im having headaches like almost migranes, feeling nasuea like no other, eating more/ i hardly eat/ and more tired. My tummy is getting a lil bigger, and it hurts off and on esp when i lay on it. I dont know whats going on PID? Pregnant? I dont know if you know plz tell me if you can be pregnant with a light period... thanks
I have to say I started laughing while reading this post.  Do I even need to say I have been having the same symptoms?  I guess the good news would be that its June and I'm having these symptoms so its not May Maddness! lol.

My story.  
I have been on Mirena IUD for over a year.  Got it removed because we are now TTC.  After having it removed I had what I though was my period on May 7th but it was sort of spotting brownish stuff.  I just assumed this was because I was on Mirena and that type of BC makes you lose your period.  In fact I hadn't had a period for 90 days at one point.  So I thought this was just old blood.  We had Unprotected sex May 26th and 31st.  Almost a week later I had all the pregnancy symptoms.  The really sore breasts was the main symptom.  I was curious if I was pregnant but since I don't even know how long my cycle is I wouldn't have any idea when I could have ovulated.  So yesterday June 10th I woke up cramping and when I "wiped" it was pinkish red.  The rest of the day I had brown spotting.  Not enough for a tampon or pad but enough for a liner.  My boobs don't hurt anymore.  I am pretty sure its more old blood from the Mirena.  I was told it might take a couple months before my body is regular again.  The question I have for all you ladies... do you think I should test anyway?  The cramping has been painful enough to need Midol and other pain relief.  I don't want to waste a test if I should maybe wait a week or too more but I also don't want to take these meds if I am pregnant and as it might hurt the fetus in this critical developmental stage of pregnancy.  What would you all do?

Please respond to LeeAnn29.....
Same light period only lasting a few days rather than my normal 6 days has never happened before. Im 25 living in Germany on a military base. I've taken pregnany tests but all are negative...thing is, I also was sick around the same time a lot of you were, with sore throat and my doc said I had strep throat. My husband and I were trying for a baby and I know the internet said the spotting could be implantation bleeding but my doc said my preg test would be positive already if I was. So is this strage light period around the same time as all of you connected? Maybe there is some kind of contamination in our food? Anyways, just thought I'd chime in with my similar experience. Also for the ladies that have all those pregnancy symptoms, take a pregnancy test. Your light period might be implantation bleeding. Good luck everyone, hopefully we all get back on track soon.
everyone seems to have the same thing as me , i have all the same symptoms as all of u. did anyone find out they're prego? i dont think i am cuz i always think i am and im not. im on birth control but i forget a lot or take it at odd parts of the day. im going to the doctor on the 23rd so ill post wut she says it might help some of u...
btw im from wisconsin
I am 30 years old, and I have 3 children, I have never had this problem until this month. I normally have a decent flow for about 3-4 days, then thats it...this month its been so far 9 days. I have no symptoms of pg, tender brsts, nausia, ect... Can someone please shed some light on this. Thankyou
i have a question.. i missed my period last month, but took a few pregnancy tests & they came back neg. yesterday though i had unprotected sex and started spotting a little later on that night? & then this morning started what seemed to be my period? however, if this is my period it is verrrrrrry early. i usually don't get mine untill the end of the month. does anyone have any ideas? please, i'm going crazy.
also, i forgot to mention.. i took an OPK test to see if i was even ovulating yesterday & it showed a positive, but idk if this is my actual period & maybe i will end up not being pregnant?
Hi all!

Ok i started my period a week early. I started with pinkish blood. and now i am having just brownish spots. Last week i had some kind of sinus infection or something. It was there one day and gone the next. Continued like that for about a week.  Then one day at a store i felt completely nauseated. It was horrible. I have also had extremely bad headaches for the last two weeks. headaches are just not normal for me. Has anyone figured out what is causing their weird periods. I notice reading this that so many of us are having the same exact symptons. I am also a smoker so i am afraid that if there is a small chance of me being pregnant i need to know ASAP so i can stop smoking.

Please help!
I have the same symptoms as all of you!! does anyone know what it is? I'm from Mexico
I have the same symptoms (like all of us here).

Location: Mississippi, USA.

Birth Control: None.

Story:
On the last day of my period (June 1st), I had unprotected sex with my partner in the shower. He did not ejaculate at all. On June 12th and 13th, I noticed a spot of blood in the mornings, but when I wiped, there were only brown discharges. Today I noticed a bit more blood and now I believe it's more of a period but a very light and brighter colored period.  Last week, my breasts were painful to touch, and I was more exhausted and sleepy, but I could not get comfortable because of my lower back and stomach pains. I've also been a bit moody lately and I just don't know what's going on.
WOW!  :ike most of you I can't believe there are so many suffering the same symptoms around the same time.  Im from London and Ive been on the mini pill for about 15 years.  Im 38 next week and have no children and never been pregnant as far as I know.

Always regular, always heavy.  Last two periods (if you can call them that) have been very light - and have been a fortnight apart - or is the second one just spotting?  Im bloated, constantly tired and eating everything in sight!  Im off to the doctors next week and will deffinitely post an update back here.

Well. I have P.C.O.S. (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and I have to take birth control pills to have a cycle. Yet I have been off them for quite sometime. So no pill. No period. Yet today I found brown discharge (FYI old Blood) and some red spots. It's possible I could be pregnant or something else is wrong. Two weeks ago. I was having horrible bouts of pain in my lower abdomen with bouts of  nausea. Dry heaved but nothing ever came up. I had it for 3 days straight. I helped my sister and family move (doing heavy lifting and such) and was totally fine after that. I got that same bout of pain last night but it wasn't as bad as before. lasted a few moments. But now today finding the blood. I am worried that I was pregnant and now just had a miscarriage. I hope not. That would be heart breaking. Any thoughts to what it may be?
Hi everyone im really worried me and my partner have been together 2 years and about 2 months ago i switched from the combined pill to the mini pill. On this pill i missed one and was told to wait 2 days to be protected again so i did and after two days we had intercourse however i found out after this it is actually 7 days you have to wait since then i had brown spotting on the first day my period was due and again a week later today a few days ago i was feeling very sick for a few days and couldnt eat my food properly my breasts also hurt at top and kept getting weird stomach feelings however this has calmed down abit today, do you think i have a chance of being pregnant? x
I Had sex with my husband sat June 12 and sun 13 on monday i started spotting a little it was brownish to start but turned more reddish. i have light bleedinh tues and very little wed and today thurs 17 i have stopped atleast for time being. i have very irregular periods. i never know when i am going to have one i recently have been having a period every other week. i took a pergnancy test this morning and it was negative, is my body just all messed up or could it be implantaion bleeding would it be to early for that. i am so confused it probally just my mind running. help
okay so i guess i can relat to almost everyone? ha but i would like some advice. I have had unprotected sex at least 4 times in the last two months just a guess. Last Month (May) i had my period regularly at the begining of the month, but then i had it agian at the end of may into the begining of june. and for the past week i have been spotting brown and bloody discharge, i feel bloated tierd not hungry and just not in the mood for anything. Is this just my period coming early? could this be because of rough sex? or should i be worried about being pregnant? Please Help.
Spotting brown blood is an indication of old, dry blood that is for some reason in the cervix. The most common reason is if you have sexual intercourse and irritation of the cervix causes a little tear. Not enough that it comes flowing out, but like when you urinate or you wipe, you might see it on the tissue. Unless you are passing bright red blood and clots, brown spotting is pretty harmless.
I found this post because I am having the same symptoms and was looking for an answer but instead I found dozens of other women responding and saying that they have the same symptoms. Come on ppl, the first women put this on here because she was looking for help and possibly some answers, not to here that there are tons of other women going through it. Guess I will just head to the doctor. Thats where the real answer lies anyways.
"Come on ppl, the first women put this on here because she was looking for help and possibly some answers, not to here that there are tons of other women going through it."

It's hardly everyone else's fault - if we knew the answer I'm sure we'd have given it by now! I did see my doctor about it and reported back...she put it down to stress and my birth control pill.
oKay yeah so its great everyones having the same issues....
Location: LAS VEGAS
age:17
birthcontrol:NONE

month of may had  my regular period which was may 14 tru may 20. during april it started on april 13.

yes ive had unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 3 years...
NEVER in my life since i had my period have i been late.. if anything i have always been Early...
as of today June 19 i am 6 days late iwas suppose to have my period on da 13 or 14...as of yesterday there has been really dark brown discharge and i only see it when i wipe..
las time i had sex was on the 11.
im worried if somethings wrong..i knw sex can throw off yuhr period but like i said I AM NEVER EVER LATE IF ANYTHING IM ALWAYS EARLY!!!
can it mean pregos??
Ladies that have posted earlier than me do yuh have any answers??
those who have gone to the doctor?? any answers???
HELP PZ!
i got my period around 5 days ago but yesterday or the day before yesterday this pink thing started coming out. i get a pain in my left side in the mornings..
i have been pregnant but had a miscarrage does it have to do with that?
am taking birthcontrol but not using a condom.
should i be worry about it or not?
its seems that everyone is in a confusing situation right now, i myself am..

i would be very greatful if anyone could help me with my question, it is rather confusing so feel free to ask if you need more details to help me come to my conclusion thanks x
I think this should be made public. This is way too strange. I thought it was just me.

Location: Bay Area, Cali.
age:29
birthcontrol:NONE
I'm thinking about notifying the local news. This is too odd.

Anyway. Last week I had the brown blood and light red mucus like blood (lasted 4-5days) No clumps though. sneezing, headache, lower back pain. Off and on cramps. Never happened before.
And Yesterday (sunday may 20th) seems like I have my period. And I have lower back pain/headache! so far today is the second day . . . I was totally scared I was the only one but I can't believe how many women are going through this around the same time. Could it be global warming and the planet alignments that are changing? and that is changing our bodies??? we need to report this!!!
So i like everyone on here i have the same thing going on, i do not use birth control but my bf and i always use condoms, the last time i had a regular period was May 24th, i usually have a 28 day cycle and always on time and this month i was supposed to start my period on June 20 but to my surprise along with these other women on Friday June 18 i started spotting not enough for a tampon or anything like that and usually only light pink/peachy color when i wiped, what is going on im really scared, i dont want to be pregnant i'm 19 yrs old and not ready to become a parent. HELP!
I have been having the same problems....I asked the doctor for an ultrasound because I was convinced I was pregnant....we discovered that I have an ovarian cyst that is 6 cm.  Will not need to see they Gyno to get advice on next step...remove or watch and monitor.  This is what was causing the unusual periods and discharge.  Hope with helps.
sorry.... I will need to see the gyno for advice on treatment.
Hello i am 20 yr old and my periods have always been a few days off from the expected date so when i was supose to have my period june 15th and the 18th came and passed i became alittle worried but figured it was on its way....BUT when I did not see anything until the 23rd i was nervous. it was far from a normally period it started out just a light brown discharge and then about 3 hrs later there was alittle hint of blood and then like another 3 hrs later it was just brown discharge and again this morning only brown discharge...my stomach is tender not hard tho. my nipples are sensitive and i am crampy. I am so tired all day. I have taken two HPT and both came back negative..could i be preg or is something else wrong?
Hi, my period was three days late until i get it around 1 this afternoon. my periods are ALWAYS on time. and i've never missed one in my life. but this time my period was really weird. it was a small amount of a brown/reddish color that only lasted until the end of today. i still have cramping and have had all the pregnancy symptoms. i've taken like 3 tests all in the morning and they all came back neg. should i be worried that i'm pregnant?
i just got my period back after just getting off birth control. hi im 20, i had protected sex,( boyfreind wore a condom)who is now my ex. ) 3 days before my period. i then had a very heavy and dark period, for 7 days and it lightened up on the 8th day then was gone, but now a week and a half later i have some spotting for a few days now, i dont know what to do? is this bad or just normal? am i pregnant? help!!!!!! i have also been very tired and sore. and been sleeping alot. heres my e-mail-  ***@****, please help
I'm having the same symptoms as well ... praying I'm not pregnant! I had unprotected sex once last month, but i was on my period during sex and i thought the guy said he was fixed--I recently dumped him after finding out he was seeing another women and sleeping with her as well after spying on facebook-- she and i have become each others' new best friends, ha! We both have dumped the idiot! Still I'm scared-- i will go in for a pregnancy test in the morning-- however i have been having a lt. to no period with mostly brown spotting-- its really strange-- this has never happened to me before, so i dont know what to think. Hope I'm not preggers! Good luck to everyone!
PS- forgot to mention to the earlier post-- I am in PENNSYLVANIA- we seem to be getting a lot of East Coasters....
   I am going through the same thing. Although this is not the first time thats happened to me. I had this same irregularness throughout Half of April and Half of May.. so about a month altogether. Light brown spotting when wipe. I did researches, I thought it was climate change? I was in Hawaii during April and had regular RED flow. I live in Colorado and thats when the period turned brown and extended to a month!

Anyway once again, I started this so called period on June 23rd.. it was light brown spotting as well when wipe.. on the 25th I had a sign of red when wiped only and I have had intercourse with my husband. Withdrawal method. No BC pills. Been off of pills for a year. Have felt slight sickness but not to the point where I had to take medicine for it.

I'm not looking for an answer from this forum, I just wanted to share. I'm going to go get checked out soon.
http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/discharge.html
That is really freaky that everyone had very similar problems! I to have a similar problem.
I am 16 nearly 17 and live in Australia. I have been on the pill for two months and about 2 weeks after starting it I had sex with my now ex bf. that period was fine but now i'm due again and it hasn't come. I am 3 days late and just spotting. I'm slightly worried. Do you think I could be pregnant?
help!! i am having similar problems only my period was here 2 weeks ago and now im having irregular spotting and its like brown discharge and tender breasts too, but my only difference is that i am not on the pill and have never been and i have not had sex recently, so I know i am not pregnant because of my last period. and even though the spotting is very light, i have KILLER cramps.
It is really weird, cause i missed my period last month and this month i could barely tell i was on as it was really light and brown i just wore a pantyliner during the day and didnt need it through the night. If im not normal next month im going straight to the doctor... which is awkward as im 14 and live with my dad :S
I am in Northern Canada, I am 29yrs old.  I am going through the same thing!  This is eerie. Has anyone found themselves to be pregnant?  Or is something really strange going on?  My spotting started 3 days prior to my expected period....and has continued right through!  It is not what I would call a period.  Also have the breat tenderness, cramping, nausea, and sleepiness.....what is going on?  Are there any doctors on here?
Please help me, im on the comtraceptive implant and have been since april, my periods were coming every 2 weeks and know they've just stopped and instead im having light bleeding every day, i have also been getting a sore stomach, my sides hurt, feeling faint, hot flushes, needing the toilet more often, headaches, breasts becoming alot bigger for the last couple of weeks. My periods are very irregular so dont know if ive missed one, me and my partner had sex alot in the last 3 months, all unprotected. Could i be pregnant? Please help.
So...just to be clear...people are freaking out because a handful of women from all over the world are experiencing somewhat similar things? Really, it's not that incredible :)

That being said, this is happening to me as well 8) My first two days are usually my heaviest, with my period lasting between 2-5 days. This time, however, there's barely been any bleeding at all, and most of what I can see  (without a tampon) is more brownish to pale pink. Since nobody here is actually answering any questions or requests for help, I'm including some links to helpful sites.

What is a light period? - http://www.ehow.com/about_5365047_considered-light-period.html

Light Periods -
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/light_periods.html

Light period/pregnancy -
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0288.html

Also...

Implantation Bleeding:
Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Explanations Besides Pregnancy: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.

Delay/Difference in Menstruation:
A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Explanations Besides Pregnancy: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.

(Information found at: *****************)
Also, seeing your doctor is always the best course of action when dealing with such a serious thing as pregnancy or your menstrual health. Strangers on the internet can't know your situation as well as you or your doctor, and can only offer opinions :)
THis is WIERD! my last period was may 28th im now 8 days late, last night 7/1/10 i experienced lower back pain and on the 2nd of july i noticed pinkish spotting which later turned brown that same day. freaking out, i think my hormones are prlly out of wack, seeing that i had an abortion in april, and took plam b 3 TIMES  in May my Fiance is trying reaaallly hard to get me preggers!
hi i had a baby nearly 12weeks ago and i havent stoped bleeding the thing is the blood isnt red its dark brown should i be worring?
ok, so im glad to hear that there are alot of others expierienting many of the same symptoms i am. but for me, i have not had any sex in months! a very long time. 7 or 8 months to be exact and the only times i did before i was protected, which obviously after that long, it wouldnt be pregnancy. anyway, i have gotten my "period like 3 or 4 times this past month in a half. when my real period came on the right day as usual of the month, it was extremely heavy. a week and half later i started to bleed not to heavy for a couple days. the next week blood spotting a couple days on and off. and now today i noticed its spotting but brown! i too, am having cold symtoms, back/neck hurting really bad. FATIGUE> bloating horribly! i look so freakin fat. and feel fat to. my appetite hasnt increased drastically but more than usual. then again i wasnt eating but a bowl a cereal maybe two a day, now i am eating better not alot but better, and not just cereal. so anyway. besides that the weight gain so fast was really weirding me out not to mention making me extrememly mad! and the period thing happening i dont get either. i have no insurance so i have yet to see a doc. i have ovarian cysts that i have had for years and ive never had this happen to me. im very testy lately, snapping on many people for no reason. i also  use to be extremely social, always wanting to be around people, and now i dont. at all. i just want to be alone. stay in my apartment all day everyday unless i need to run to the store for cigs/ etc. so i just want to know if someone out there has an answer besides pregnancy please please do not hesitate to post an answer! im sure all the other ladies with this same problem would be very happy as well.

thanks,
Zeta-Marie. i'm from Vrginia.
Brown spotting or just brown blood usually means dried blood. Birth control can cause you to have later or shorter periods and them to be lighter also. When you have more than your normal symptoms to tell you that you are going to have your period like back pain or painful bloating than it could be something more serious like ovarian cysts or a urinary tract infection.
I've just gotten off Mirena and had some super heavy periods, but this month it's been light spotting brown for about 5 days now which is when I was supposed to have my period. My husband and I have been using protection every time too. I had my normal cramping the day before my period which seems to only happen every other month. I didn't normally cramp or have any real symptoms that I was going to have my period. I have been finding it odd and wondering what is up.
i am having unprotected sex me and my hubby are trying to have a baby i missed my period last month but i have been spotting for almost a week now does anyone know what this means?
I missed my period in july which was suppose to come around the 25th, I have taken 2 pregnancy test both came out positive! But now I am wondering if I should go get checked because I've been. Having brown discharge , then at time when I do the restroom I actually bleed and I get cramps not constant about every other day but they are very sharp pain. What should I do, or what could it be ??  
i am also on birth control but took it late a few times only by a few hours though, i have been spotting off and on for the past three days some blood clots came out but only when i urinate. Its been dark brown anybody know
So I had a post earlier regarding the same problem.

My update: it's been one month since the issue (light period, dark brown discharge) & my period has come. It has a regular flow. I am still sexually active. I took 2 pregnancy tests on different days and they came out negative.

MY SISTER TOLD ME THAT EVERYONE'S PERIOD CHANGES AT ONE POINT IN THEIR LIVES...
AS FOR ME, I BELIEVE IT WAS JUST STRESS. I didn't think i was that stressed out so I doubted that my period would be affected. WRONG. It WAS stress. I was sooo worried about being pregnant that my period didn't come. Same thing happened to my sister as well before.

This many not be the answer for everyone but I hope it helps. I think the one thing we all have in common is stress.... whether it be we are stressing over trying to get pregnant, avoid a pregnancy, etc