PREGNANCY: AM I PREGNANT
COMMUNITY
Brown spotting and light bleeding not sure if it is my period or am I pregnant
Member Comments (691)
by princessjlk10, Aug 31, 2005
I have had pretty much the same problem. I am on bc (ortho try cyclen lo) I missed a few pills in the beginning of my pack but didn't double. Then about two weeks after my period ended i got a brown discharge when i wiped..after seven days of it it became a little better so i had sex with my bf. It hurt so we stopped. afterward i was having light pink bleeding. I was due for my period yesterday but am still bleeding lighter than normal although it is reddish pink. I was having mild period like cramps with the brown spotting but now with the bleeding i have a pain on the left side of my pelvic region. I haven't taken a preg test yet bc i am waiting until a week after my period would normally start to get the best results. I was doing research and found that this could be a symptom of numerous things. (PID, ectopic preg, ovarian cysts, etc. ) has anyone else found out anything?
by tinks713, Sep 10, 2007
Ok so I have always been the type to not get my period regularly but never really experienced spotting of any sort but the other day about 5 days ago i would have a brownish discharge everytime i would go to the bathroom and then out of nowhere it just stopped.  What can that be?
by boostgal, Sep 15, 2007
I am trying to find any information possible on what is going on with me.  I got my period the 27th of August and it lasted for 8 days.  My husband and I have been trying to have a baby and I have been off of BC since December.  Well, on September the 13th I started to spot.  I was getting my period again so I thought except that it was a very mild one for me.  I was only using one pad a day (normally 4 or so regulary).  Now it is the 15th and I am peetering out, but find this strange, because I just had my period.  I have taken a HPT but both were negative.  Any ideas???  I could very well be pregnant, but it seemd odd that I would have a very mild period with pretty good cramps so soon after my period.  
by fortripleyfix, Sep 21, 2007
ive actually had the same problem.  on the 16th of sept. i started the brown discharge everytime i went to the bathroom.  so i started using a pad, and every once and a while the brown stuff would get on the pad.  i saw blood like twice, and it was so light... lighter than what youd get for a paper cut.  i just finished and am not sure what to do either.  my husband and i are trying to have a baby, and i dont want this to be playing with my mind... expecting what isnt there.  ya know?
by Dufont, Sep 25, 2007
on the 26 August I have seen my last period and on the 7th September had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend with protection and today is the 25 of September but still i have not seen no sign of period and it was due on the 23 could you please tell me if i am pregnant?
by CrazyforaBABY, Sep 27, 2007
Hi I am 24,I personally think this is all happening because all of us are trying to get pregnant.You have to relax and DO NOT STRESS OUT! The less you think about it you have better esults.
by CrazyforaBABY, Sep 27, 2007
This might help you a bit, these are some pregnancy symptoms.

Implantation Bleeding:

Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.
Delay/Difference in Menstruation:

A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Other Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.
Swollen/Tender Breasts:

Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, impending menstruation (PMS) can also cause your breasts to be swollen or tender.
Fatigue/Tiredness:

Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception.

Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.
Nausea/Morning Sickness:

This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Food poisoning, stress, or other stomach disorders can also cause you to feel queasy.
Backaches:

Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache throughout an entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Impending menstruation, stress, other back problems, and physical or mental strains.
Headaches:

The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.
Frequent Urination:

Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom.

Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.
Darkening of Areolas:

If you are pregnant, the skin around your nipples may get darker.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or may be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.
Food Cravings:

While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Poor diet, lack of a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.
  My fiance and i have been trying to concieve, i got my period on sept 2, and was over on the 8th.  We tried on the 16th to concieve, and because of the line of work that i do, i had my doctor order a blood test on the 25th, which came back negative. Now today is the 3rd of october.  On the 1st of october i wook up out of a dead sleep and ran to the bathroom, but most of it was already running out while i was trying to get there.  When I was done going to the bathroom, i had the worst feeling in my lower abdominal area, almost like i was having a strong intense orgasm.  Throughout the day, i made atleast 30 trips to the bathroom, but only a little bit coming out at a time, it has continued on to today,  I noticed that when i go to the bathroom and wipe, that there is a little discoloration to the paper, so i decided to wear a slim tampon and there is only the light brown spotting, and a little little bit of blood as if u got a cut on your finger.  I decided not to wear the tampon and see what happens.  Can someone please give me some advice, is there a chance that i could be pregnant
by nyana12, Oct 03, 2007
My period came on as scheduled on Friday. It was normal on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday through Wednesday it's very spotty. There was not enough to fill a pantiliner in one day. I have very light cramping throughout the day and a feeling of a little pressure in my lower abdomen. Took a hpt on Wednesday and it was negative. What could it be?
by kayla928, Oct 31, 2007
i was supposed to start my period yesterday but didnt and today i have a light brownish/ light pinkish discharge but no blood, my stomach isnt cramping or anything like it normally does when i get my period, can i be pregnant?